Started on: 11-08-2017 12:01 PM
Replies: 5 (205 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 11-08-2017 04:37 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2017 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They used to talk of flying cars, now we they speak of depressing pods
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2017 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A comment:

"You will have to get a permit to travel anyway."

Interesting concept. Every smart phone is just the beginning. Mandatory tracking to keep America Safe has surely been considered by now.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it will take more than 15-20 years, but eventually I suspect ol Bob is mostly right.
I'd certainly never say never..

(going to take a lot longer out in rural areas like in the south west for sure..aint nobody out in the middle of Idaho, Az, or NM going to want to wait for a module to show up from 'wherever' )
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why are you so down on GM in your title?

Lutz is an ex-employee, and based on his career experiences, I suspect he is considered an expert on many things automotive and 'socio-automotive'.

This isn't an 'evil-empire' plot to deprive you of your freedom, it's a prediction of a technological solution to highway crowding in the future.
One man's vision.
As mj says above, this tech won't be adopted quickly in the rural area of the nation, nor will there be a need for it to be implemented in those areas.
There is still the issue of affordibility as well. Unless we discover di-lithium crystals and replicators, retooling an entire transportation culture is going to be energy intensive and costly.

Thanks for finding this.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I think it will take more than 15-20 years, but eventually I suspect ol Bob is mostly right.
I'd certainly never say never..

(going to take a lot longer out in rural areas like in the south west for sure..aint nobody out in the middle of Idaho, Az, or NM going to want to wait for a module to show up from 'wherever' )

I agree with you. Ive said this before. Gas cars are going to go, it just wont be in the next decade or two. One way they can force that is raising gas price to where no one can afford it but the rich.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock