Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Can you take 5 minutes and do something nice?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Can you take 5 minutes and do something nice? by TheDigitalAlchemist
Started on: 11-08-2017 11:58 AM
Replies: 11 (244 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 11-21-2017 12:33 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
take a moment to send something to him - it will bring him a moment of happiness, and I think that's pretty damn important.

http://ktla.com/2017/11/03/...-his-last-christmas/

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent him our letter and then tossed the link at some folks on Twitter that have a decent # of followers. if you are on Facebook or other social media, please pass the word. Would be nice for the kid to receive some nice stuff, and maybe someone in the medical field can pull off some miracle...

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spreading the word.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

“9-Year-Old Maine Boy With Stage 4 Cancer Wishes for Cards for His Last Christmas….
Jacob asked for cards from anyone around the world who wanted to share his Christmas spirit.

“We’d like people to live life like a penguin, and by that we mean dive into life, find warmth among friends, stay cool and just give to others,” said Artinyan, referring to Jacob’s favorite penguin poem, “Advice from a Penguin.”

Cards can be sent to Jacob here:

Jacob Thompson
c/o Maine Medical Center
22 Bramhall Street
Portland, ME 04102
USA”
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes.
I have spent about 40 minutes gathering a crowd to go flood the Sulfur Springs Baptist Church this Sunday. They lost almost their whole congregation. Very few left.

There are many umm relief venues helping. One funeral home is donating every casket needed. HEB, a giant grocery chain store, Texas born (Kerrville), just got done with hurricane Harvey relief generosity and again has stepped up to the plate. Cash, not groceries.

I believe that this Church needs love more than cash. I intend to overflow the pews this Sunday, and the tithe plate. Please this Sunday ... say a prayer for those in Sulfur Springs.

Rumor, I feel bad for Jacob. I am a card giving kid of guy. I am going to send Jacob a short note instead.

Jacob Thompson
c/o Maine Medical Center
22 Bramhall Street
Portland, ME 04102
USA
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys,

I know there is no end to the amount of people who need help/support/etc. I just came across this random story.

Have a good night.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-09-2017 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to send a few boston marathon pins, just not the 2013 pin..

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Thanks guys,

I know there is no end to the amount of people who need help/support/etc. I just came across this random story.

Have a good night.

Do what ya can when ya can
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Yes.
I have spent about 40 minutes gathering a crowd to go flood the Sulfur Springs Baptist Church this Sunday. They lost almost their whole congregation. Very few left.

There are many umm relief venues helping. One funeral home is donating every casket needed. HEB, a giant grocery chain store, Texas born (Kerrville), just got done with hurricane Harvey relief generosity and again has stepped up to the plate. Cash, not groceries.

I believe that this Church needs love more than cash. I intend to overflow the pews this Sunday, and the tithe plate. Please this Sunday ... say a prayer for those in Sulfur Springs.

Right thought...wrong town.
It's Sutherland--Not Sulfur Springs.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Right thought...wrong town.
It's Sutherland--Not Sulfur Springs.

You are correct. My brother in law lives in Sulfer Springs. Heh, it took me three times to spell sulfer correctly according to Cliff's spell check, or mine(?). I got hung up on the word.

Thanks.
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He passed away, thanks for those who sent him something.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock