Started on: 11-08-2017 05:47 AM
Replies: 22 (723 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 11-09-2017 03:20 PM
RayOtton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Feeling the blue state blues after yesterday's electoral defeats so I went cruising for something to cheer me up. This worked incredibly well.

Happy anniversary you deplorable basta*ds -

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUT former Trump campaign advisor Carter Page's hat has its own Twitter feed.
https://twitter.com/carterpageshat?lang=en

When I first saw the oft-aired video of Carter Page on a street in D.C., attired in his "signature" bucket hat or fisherman's-style rain hat, I thought the logical soundtrack for it would be Gene Kelly's iconic performance of "Singing In The Rain." An epiphany?

Carter Page and his excellent hat are here to appreciate for a moment, just seconds after the start of this very recent MSNBC video segment. A cameo appearance, indeed.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-08-2017).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I watched the whole thing, now I want my 4:54 back.

But a couple of things do come to mind.

1 - Serious question. Why aren't the Clintons being pursed with as much vigor?

2 - I have a hat like that for inclement boating weather so now I feel "hat oppressed" by the major media outlets and YOU.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Epiphany #2. I know where I have seen that style of hat before. Is it actually the very same hat?

As to the question that has just been put forth:

Why aren't the Clintons being pursed with as much vigor?

I think that question itself is symptomatic of an underlying and widespread confusion. A "cancer in the body politic." The confusion can be traced to one film and one book that basically pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes. People that became Trump supporters. The film is "2016: Obama's America." The book is "Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich."

There's a book to remedy this confusion. "How the Right Lost Its Mind." This book was the subject of a recent book review in the Washington Times; to wit:

"Conservatism Betrayed"
A review of "How the Right Lost Its Mind" by Charles J. Sykes; St Martin's Press, $27.99 (228 pages.)
Published online in the Washington Times; October 9, 2017.

The reviewer is Fred J. Eckert, a former Republican congressman from New York, served as U.S. ambassador to Fiji and to the U.N. Agencies for Food and Agriculture under President Ronald Reagan. His review soon gets to this:

“How the Right Lost Its Mind” will be labeled as anti-Trump. It’s that, to be sure — but it is so very much more than merely that. Above all, this is the story of the betrayal of the conservative cause by many prominent persons who had been considered, and disingenuously still claim to be, principled conservatives.

Mr Eckert finishes his review with this:

Charles Sykes says that what the country has been through these past couple years shows that “Democrats need to perform an autopsy; Republicans need to perform an exorcism.” A theme permeating this book is that 2016 was a great might-have-been for an American conservative renaissance and that a true country-saving victory so long awaited slipped away from conservatives — not because liberals were able to deny it to them but because by abandoning their principles they denied it to themselves.

“How the Right Lost Its Mind” may be the most important book resulting from the 2016 presidential campaign. It’s a significant and instructive analysis of the current state of American conservatism — a must-read for any person truly faithful to conservatism’s core set of beliefs.

What's in between? All that, here:
https://www.washingtontimes...right-lost-its-mind/

Tough Love for anyone who has succumbed to the Reactionary Right Smoke Machine that manufactured the much exaggerated villainy of the Clintons.

Trump supporters were (and many still are) "Mercer-ized." But, unlike cotton fabrics that have been mercerized, Trump supporters are not the better for it. Quite the opposite.

All of the above... just my Very Humble Opinion.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never mind, it's not worth the effort......
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2017 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too have a hat of similar fashion.

The best part about it is the liberals go about pretending they want everyone to be different, but really they want stringent conformity.

I do not believe that a transgender should lead. This is my opinion, and I will not be cornered into a discussion about "why I am not being politically correct."

I see a lot of huge celebrations for tiny victories.

A woman stole the tip money from an Uber driver while on camera. Her response was, "It made me relevant. You contacted me!" The mental quality of America has gone down significantly due to liberalism.

Today will be a great day! Enjoy it all. Let the little victories make you giddy for a moment. We will stand full well knowing the insignificance of it all. So, it is a great day.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 11-08-2017).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2017 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And just for our snowflake friends, here is a discount on your uniform

Just for Rinsey's request

You will still have to supply your own bubble-gum scented rainbow farts, though This accessory will help with that

BWAHAHAHAHA

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-08-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
I too have a hat of similar fashion.

The best part about it is the liberals go about pretending they want everyone to be different, but really they want stringent conformity.

I do not believe that a transgender should lead. This is my opinion, and I will not be cornered into a discussion about "why I am not being politically correct."

I see a lot of huge celebrations for tiny victories.

A woman stole the tip money from an Uber driver while on camera. Her response was, "It made me relevant. You contacted me!" The mental quality of America has gone down significantly due to liberalism.

Today will be a great day! Enjoy it all. Let the little victories make you giddy for a moment. We will stand full well knowing the insignificance of it all. So, it is a great day.

Ah, but the not-liberals...

Carter Page has not become part of a recurring news media focus because of that hat. I saw Carter Page being interviewed on TV some months before I ever saw him wearing that hat.

Speaking of hats, I just thought again about Congresswoman Wilson. Frederica Wilson, D-FL-24. She's got a big "hat thing" going. I don't think that her headgear eccentricity is causing any particular heartburn among people that would qualify in the eyes of most observers as "liberals."

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rinsy, seems the overarching meme in those books is that it is conservatives' fault that the Clintons are corrupt.

Sorry.

No.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are now experiencing horizontal distortion.

Perhaps our Canadian friend, MidEngineManiac, would be so kind as to revisit his post and fix the page-links that are causing the forum's Left-to-Right axis to undergo Cosmic Expansion. Which makes the discussion that has been active here harder to follow.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2017 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

We are now experiencing horizontal distortion.

Thanks for the heads up! It is not often that I know where you are coming from, but this is a refreshing change.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the heads up! It is not often that I know where you are coming from, but this is a refreshing change.

Well, maybe but let's just say he's a work in progress.

"Fix the damn picture size" is more succinct.

Baby steps, baby steps.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2017 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Well, maybe but let's just say he's a work in progress.

"Fix the damn picture size" is more succinct.

Baby steps, baby steps.

Yeh, whoda thunk we would need to learn a whole new language to communicate with him
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With a hat tip to George Bernard Shaw, American Liberals and Conservatives are citizens separated by a common language.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is my opinion, and I will not be cornered into a discussion about "why I am not being politically correct."

I also noticed that our forum mental patient, Ronald, went skipping merrily off the path and into the weeds again trying to divert the discussion to:

. A hat

. A movie

. A book

. A former campaign advisor

...and basically *anything* except acknowledging that President Trump is still solidly in office 1 year after the 2016 election.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-08-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best part is Hillary is still whining and crying...
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see a whole lot of confusion between liberals and leftists. I’m liberal on some subjects and conservative on others. I will never ever be a leftist or progressive.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

I see a whole lot of confusion between liberals and leftists. I’m liberal on some subjects and conservative on others. I will never ever be a leftist or progressive.

This is absolutely true and I'll admit I'm guilty of it. The understanding of those words are so bastardized, few use them correctly.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 11-08-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Liberals are just leftists with a lack of motivation.

Seriously though, there are few things more bizarre and comical than a liberal, ( or a leftist ), trying to describe conservatism.

There are also damn few true liberals left in the Democrat party anymore, at least none in the same vein as JFK, LBJ or even Bill Clinton. The entire party has been usurped by the hard left. Those for whom the capital letter *L* is appropriate for the name Leftist.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Labels don't always fit and its more a mess now as some past labeled "groups of people who agreed on something" are splitting and carrying names with them. What people have to ask themselves individually is what they believe individually and stop supporting things that are not that.

There are of course leftists, and leftist pawns, who may not even realize they are.
Some folks also support the agenda indirectly.

Here are some vids about what "The Left" is.

(sorry the one speaker was just easy to find material from)

response at 50 seconds

(Obama was Prez)

Other threads (with different speakers in the vids):

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/121119.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/121386.html

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-09-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors