Started on: 10-30-2017 11:39 AM
Replies: 13 (561 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 10-31-2017 09:00 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, I'm not. The spousal unit and I normally sit out on the front porch and pass out treats to kids that come by. Always enjoy that. This year, I've been scheduled to work............
Being born with good looks instead of being rich sucks a big one.

Posting pictures of your or anyone's kids would be cool. Please do.
Roger, please don't.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-30-2017 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Considering where I am getting dragged, I'm looking forward to playing bobbing for spark plugs in a vat of flaming gasoline
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope ---- zero trick or treat kids at the door the year, only two the year before. Still have candy just in case. Kids seem to be taken to the town house neighborhoods and or the mini mansions area where the 5000 sq. ft. homes are built on 5500 sq. ft. lots.... less walking more candy. Also the truck or treat events being run by every church, mall and car club are well attended and probably a safer alternative than knocking on a strangers door.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing here, same as every year for the last dozen years. Too far away from nearest neighbors, none have young kids and precious few neighbors anyway. Just another night.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same here.

Haven't had to give out treats for probably 10 years or more.

One year quite a while ago the school district dimbulbs decided to bus the kids around to the various developments like ours because we're all so far apart.

However, they forgot to tell us, so we ended up with hordes of kids knocking on doors and NOT getting any candy.

Didn't go well.

For the kids that night NOR the dimbulbs over the next week or so.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-30-2017 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Truck or Treat".

The Wife and I just spoke of this, and no, there will be no candy handouts this year. Had a group of older teen girls that were very disrespectful. They basically took most of the candy, only one said thank you, and the rest began throwing out candy that they did not want as they went on to the next handout. We just do not see it worth the while. We did decorate, and enjoy it fully, but stupidity has taken away the fun of Halloween.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We already did a few "family-related" halloween things - costume parties and such, and I just had a pretty wacky weekend - I was hanging out in a room with Gilbert Godfrey, The Soup Nazi, that MiniMe guy, Todd bridges, "Big Pussy" from the Sopranos, some of the cast from Little House in the Praire, "Land of the lost, Sanford and Son, Butterball and other wrestler guys and gals from the 80's and about 30 other folks from tv and movie and such from 30+ years ago. I actually didn't say much to most of them, (Hey, I remember 30 years ago when you did that show about the people ad you had that catchy themesong and stuff...") it was a wierd fun experience.

Hope you all have Happy Halloweens!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

We already did a few "family-related" halloween things - costume parties and such, and I just had a pretty wacky weekend - I was hanging out in a room with Gilbert Godfrey, The Soup Nazi, that MiniMe guy, Todd bridges, "Big Pussy" from the Sopranos, some of the cast from Little House in the Praire, "Land of the lost, Sanford and Son, Butterball and other wrestler guys and gals from the 80's and about 30 other folks from tv and movie and such from 30+ years ago. I actually didn't say much to most of them, (Hey, I remember 30 years ago when you did that show about the people ad you had that catchy themesong and stuff...") it was a wierd fun experience.

Hope you all have Happy Halloweens!

What event was this?
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Re-watching the David Pumpkins Special, see what other Halloween specials or movies are on. Got a couple small bags of Reeses Cups just in case kids show up. Back home kids loved when I'd scoop out and give them an adult-sized fistful of the things. The kids around here usually go to the big house subdivisions since little walking/lots of candy, and the 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' mentality usually means full size candy bars.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be handing out candy here like most years. Kids will be out trick or treating while my wife and I do the handing out. We don't get a whole bunch of door ringing but we don't get next to none either. I have the black lights and decorations all out except the spider web stuff. I use that sparingly as i like to stretch it out thinly so it actually kind of resembles a web... With the overnight winds we get here often though, the webs aren't really something you can leave up for more than a couple nights without them blowing away.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably grill some steaks. That's about it.
We're going to turn out the lights and let the "junior extortionists" go elsewhere.

We used to enjoy halloween when it was just the kids in the neighborhood, but the people from surrounding neighborhoods have started trucking kids in.
You can't even get in or out of the neighborhood for the parade of Suburbans, ATVs, and kids (and their parents) everywhere. The'll go from dusk until about 10:00.
Some of the "kids" have thicker beards than mine. Eff that. Not any more.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-30-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reference the big kids, that's why I'm normally there. Everyone that stops by gets something but, when there's real facial hair or the young ladies appear to be older, I'll always step in and play hard ass. This is for little kids and I really don't care where they come from.

Had a parent of an older tricker treater challenge me one time on the amount of candy I gave the girl and that didn't go too well for her. When she started throwing cruse words at me, I just dialed my two friends who just happened to be in the area. One a Highway Patrol Trooper and the other a Captain on the local LEO force. That ended that. My house, my rules. No one is going to cuss me on my own front porch.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-30-2017).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2017 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Reference the big kids, that's why I'm normally there. Everyone that stops by gets something but, when there's real facial hair or the young ladies appear to be older, I'll always step in and play hard ass. This is for little kids and I really don't care where they come from.

The older kids who aren't wearing costumes shouldn't get anything, if I had my way. Hint: I don't consider a football jersey and jeans to be a costume.

My town imposed a 7PM curfew on trick-or-treating several years ago, and its been great. Everyone respects it, and you can look out the front window and see everyone shut off their porch light promptly at 7. Not a peep out of anyone after that. No more ringing doorbell at 9:30. On the other hand, I don't get home from work until almost 5 and by then tons of kids have already come and gone away empty-handed. This year my mom is in a nursing home and I have to go every night to make sure she eats and I won't be home until at least 7 anyway so the house will be dark until then.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2017 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, it just occurred to me that we weren't visited by the spider this year.

I hope everything is OK with Cliff Pennock.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock