Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Nearly had a heart attack when I saw next year's premiums...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Nearly had a heart attack when I saw next year's premiums... by 1985FieroGT
Started on: 10-26-2017 11:34 AM
Replies: 28 (540 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 10-30-2017 04:03 PM
1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Health insurance is seeing a 25% increase in Michigan for 2018. It'll take nearly 1/3 of my take home pay to cover me, my wife, and baby with a plan that actually makes sense and covers stuff, rather than have high deductibles....

thus I started finally looking into that Medishare ministry, which led me to Liberty health share as well (www.medishare.com and www.libertyhealthshare.org)

Both services seem to be reasonable.... Medishare is more strict though in their requirements for subscribing to their statement of faith, whereas Liberty is more loose in their statement.

I think everyone here should take a serious look at either one... even if you have a nominal Christian faith, you can probably get Liberty....

$449 a month for a family and covers upto $1m of healthcare costs and has better "deductibles" than medishare.

Just some ideas...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1985FieroGT:

even if you have a nominal Christian faith, you can probably get Liberty....

There ya go, leaving me out again!
1985FieroGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Certainly everyone could probably subscribe to this, even MeM:

Statement of Shared Beliefs

We believe that our personal rights and liberties originate from God and are bestowed on us by God, and are not concessions granted to us by governments or men.
We believe every individual has a fundamental religious right to worship the God of the Bible in his or her own way.
We believe it is our biblical and ethical obligation to assist our fellow man when they are in need according to our available resources and opportunity.
We believe it is our spiritual duty to God and our ethical duty to others to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid foods, behaviors or habits that produce sickness or disease.
We believe it is our fundamental right of conscience to direct our own healthcare, in consultation with physicians, family or other valued advisors, free from government dictates, restraints and oversight.

These religious beliefs form the moral, spiritual and ethical basis for our interaction and relationship as a community. We make a somber and significant pledge to one another that we will aid, support and devote our resources to one another in this most personal area of our life: our healthcare!

If you can agree with that belief system, we were meant for each other!
--------------------------

That's Liberty's setup..... I'm sure everyone can make it work somehow....
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-26-2017 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While others get so much for free, here we are paying through every orifice.

You should suffer so that drug addicts can get the help they do not want. *Sarcasm.

I wish the very best for you and yours.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

You're disqualifying yourself.......

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-26-2017 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

He is just plain and simply disqualified in all aspects of life. This is no different.

Enjoy folks!
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-26-2017 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is becoming clear to me, that it be better to take the tax fine, and take the amount I would pay monthly to the insurance bill and invest it.. dumping 800.00 a month into investments will grow mighty fast.. As handing it to the insurance company is like pissing in the wind..
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Sounds like discrimination to me!

(<-------------dirty heathen!)

[This message has been edited by Stubby79 (edited 10-26-2017).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you think the number one reason is all the drugs, and "ambulance chaser" lawyers?
I mean if you were ever home sick and watched daytime TV, the commercials are all drug lawsuit fishing.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found Liberty last year while investigating Medicare supplemental plans. Sounded very doable.

Unfortunately, too late for me to take advantage of as Medicare was just months away.

I do wish I'd found them sooner since I was paying $900 a month for medical insurance.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-26-2017 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Do you think the number one reason is all the drugs, and "ambulance chaser" lawyers?
I mean if you were ever home sick and watched daytime TV, the commercials are all drug lawsuit fishing.

Big part of it, medical malpractice insurance starts at 100k a year and goes up from there..

part of why your doctor will order every test under the sun to cover his butt.. And that balloons the cost to the insurance company that passes it to the insured.. I don't blame the doctors, If I could be sued for millions I'd cover my butt too.

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 10-26-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Open enrollment at my company was a few weeks ago, health insurance through my employer went from $50/paycheck to $55. That's only 9%?
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just checked my pay stub. Currently paying $14.99 a week. Had it a couple years now, haven't used it. No idea if it is any good or not
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just be glad you have the relatively low insurance payments. Before I was old enough for Medicare, I paid $2000 per month to cover my wife and myself under a group policy associated with my former/preretirement company. Now that I am on Medicare with an add on policy, it is all the way down to $1600 per month for both of us.

Nelson
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My new job pays my insurance 100% Not bragging, growing up most of my jobs did this. Then the government got involved. people started putting their hands out.
Sad
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Just be glad you have the relatively low insurance payments. Before I was old enough for Medicare, I paid $2000 per month to cover my wife and myself under a group policy associated with my former/preretirement company. Now that I am on Medicare with an add on policy, it is all the way down to $1600 per month for both of us.

Nelson

I think there are brokers available that could lower that quite a bit.

For instance, I was paying Anthem $900 for single coverage including a dental and prescription plan.

My supplemental is now about $280 for similar coverage.

I'm very happy with my broker. If you want more info let me know.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

For instance, I was paying Anthem $900 for single coverage including a dental and prescription plan.

Ray,

PM sent.

Nelson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Could the more info just be posted for us all?
From what I understand an insurance broker takes all your info and finds you the best deal, right?

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

It is becoming clear to me, that it be better to take the tax fine, and take the amount I would pay monthly to the insurance bill and invest it.. dumping 800.00 a month into investments will grow mighty fast.. As handing it to the insurance company is like pissing in the wind..

I disagree! if you piss into the wind at least you get your piss back! )

[This message has been edited by Red88FF (edited 10-27-2017).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Could the more info just be posted for us all?
From what I understand an insurance broker takes all your info and finds you the best deal, right?

Yes, that's what brokers do.

I'm hesitant to just broadcast the agency's name out here in public. Don't want to get accused of anything untoward.

I will give the info in a PM.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the really messed up part about it all.......... "vote it in so we can see what's in it" after the vote years ago, people still have no idea what's in it.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, that's what brokers do.

I'm hesitant to just broadcast the agency's name out here in public. Don't want to get accused of anything untoward.

I will give the info in a PM.

Thanks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

And the really messed up part about it all.......... "vote it in so we can see what's in it" after the vote years ago, people still have no idea what's in it.

OH surprise, oops, it says here on page 962 that in a few years prices will shoot through the roof....
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OH surprise, oops, it says here on page 962 that in a few years prices will shoot through the roof....

My bad, I was thinking it said that on page 9962.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2017 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen several recommendations for Liberty over on the cattle boards i frequent. Those that use it seem pretty happy with it.
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2017 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its ridiculous that people have to pay more for health insurance than their rent or mortgage. Even bad its more than car payments.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

My bad, I was thinking it said that on page 9962.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock