Started on: 10-25-2017 11:11 AM
Replies: 2 (164 views)
Last post by: Fats on 10-25-2017 11:51 AM
texasfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fats Domino, New Orleans music legend, dead at 89

NEW ORLEANS -- Fats Domino, the amiable rock 'n' roll pioneer whose steady, pounding piano and easy baritone helped change popular music while honoring the traditions of the Crescent City died Tuesday at the age of 89, the Jefferson Parish Coroner says.

The New Orleans musician's daughter said he died peacefully while surrounded by family and friends, CBS affiliate WWL-TV reports.

In appearance, he was no Elvis Presley. He stood 5-feet-5 and weighed more than 200 pounds, with a wide, boyish smile and a haircut as flat as an album cover. But Domino sold more than 110 million records, with hits including "Blueberry Hill," ''Ain't It a Shame" and other standards of rock 'n' roll.

He was one of the first 10 honorees named to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the Rolling Stone Record Guide likened him to Benjamin Franklin, the beloved old man of a revolutionary movement. The magazine listed Domino at No. 25 in its list of "Greatest Recording Artists of All Time."

His dynamic performance style and warm vocals drew crowds for five decades. One of his show-stopping stunts was playing the piano while standing, throwing his body against it with the beat of the music and bumping the grand piano across the stage.

After learning of his passing, artists and musicians shared their condolences on social media.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ain't that a shame....

(Actually, your headline gave me a scare, because my first thought went to our member of the same name.)
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Ain't that a shame....

(Actually, your headline gave me a scare, because my first thought went to our member of the same name.)

Scared you? I was wondering if I needed to use the phone a friend.

Sad. I met Fats several times, delivered Beer to him in N.O. Man, he was old then. Very nice guy though.

Brad

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock