Started on: 10-18-2017 07:51 PM
Replies: 7 (491 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 10-19-2017 09:40 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2017 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
because you'll hear them call 'time of death'.
http://www.independent.co.u...angone-a8007101.html

Well thank goodness for that bit of information. I'd hate to spend the next few years wondering..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
texasfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2017 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lucid Decapitation

Here, then, is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the guillotined man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about five or six seconds … I waited for several seconds. The spasmodic movements ceased.The face relaxed, the lids half closed on the eyeballs, leaving only the white of the conjunctiva visible, exactly as in the dying whom we have occasion to see every day in the exercise of our profession, or as in those just dead.It was then that I called in a strong, sharp voice: ‘Languille!’ I saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contractions … Next Languille’s eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves … After several seconds, the eyelids closed again, slowly and evenly, and the head took on the same appearance as it had had before I called out.It was at that point that I called out again and, once more, without any spasm, slowly, the eyelids lifted and undeniably living eyes fixed themselves on mine with perhaps even more penetration than the first time. Then there was a further closing of the eyelids, but now less complete. I attempted the effect of a third call; there was no further movement and the eyes took on the glazed look which they have in the dead.

I have just recounted to you with rigorous exactness what I was able to observe. The whole thing had lasted twenty-five to thirty seconds.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2017 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just hate it when I wake up dead.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2017 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As long as ya know the difference dratts...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2017 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69649 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by texasfiero:

Lucid Decapitation

[QUOTE] Here, then, is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the guillotined man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about five or six seconds … I waited for several seconds. The spasmodic movements ceased.The face relaxed, the lids half closed on the eyeballs, leaving only the white of the conjunctiva visible, exactly as in the dying whom we have occasion to see every day in the exercise of our profession, or as in those just dead.It was then that I called in a strong, sharp voice: ‘Languille!’ I saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contractions … Next Languille’s eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves … After several seconds, the eyelids closed again, slowly and evenly, and the head took on the same appearance as it had had before I called out.It was at that point that I called out again and, once more, without any spasm, slowly, the eyelids lifted and undeniably living eyes fixed themselves on mine with perhaps even more penetration than the first time. Then there was a further closing of the eyelids, but now less complete. I attempted the effect of a third call; there was no further movement and the eyes took on the glazed look which they have in the dead.

I have just recounted to you with rigorous exactness what I was able to observe. The whole thing had lasted twenty-five to thirty seconds.
[/QUOTE]
If I had a name like Languille I'd roll my eyes too.

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

If I had a name like Languille I'd roll my eyes too.

It's just a name.

I wouldn't lose my head over it.

( Sorry, you know someone was going to say it )

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

because you'll hear them call 'time of death'.
http://www.independent.co.u...angone-a8007101.html

Well thank goodness for that bit of information. I'd hate to spend the next few years wondering..

That just means the person calling the time of death was too quick
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
None of this matters, we are all gonna die. Even if that moment lingers, we die. It does kinda suck, but yeah.

Good thing we can all think about it and focus on it, instead of thinking of other things.

But that stuff is just silly, right?

or not. or it TOTALLY is.

Maybe we are always halfway to the doorway.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock