Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Have any of you been watching the new ''Star Trek''?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Have any of you been watching the new ''Star Trek''? by TheDigitalAlchemist
Started on: 10-16-2017 12:03 PM
Replies: 23 (417 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 10-24-2017 02:13 AM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2017 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard it's been causing snowflakes to lose their mind. Because it's not all nice and clean and future and whatnot...

I haven't seen it, is this accurate?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2017 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Star Trek: Discovery cast takes a knee in premiere night protest
So no I am not watching it.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2017 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watched the first episode, wasn't impressed. Must be on during a time I'm doing something else.

I was mistaken, apparently I watched Orville. Obviously wasn't impressed enough to go back.

They need to schedule it to start on the same times as the NFL games. Most assuredly will get more viewers.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-24-2017).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2017 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Star Trek: Discovery cast takes a knee in premiere night protest
So no I am not watching it.

What?

Ha, so they all took a knee (to make the ballsack easier to insert into their mouths) and the snowflakes STILL melt over the "mean" content?

HAHAHAHHAHAHA Let them ALL rot. Stop supporting BS, folks!

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 10-16-2017).]

jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2017 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Orville is better.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2017 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

What?

Ha, so they all took a knee (to make the ballsack easier to insert into their mouths) and the snowflakes STILL melt over the "mean" content?

HAHAHAHHAHAHA Let them ALL rot. Stop supporting BS, folks!

http://www.breitbart.com/bi...knee-shows-premiere/

They should have all put on red shirts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2017 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But on a serious note, I didn't know there was a new Star Trek.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-16-2017).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2017 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

The Orville is better.

I watched one Orville episode, it was nasty. The "blob" was trying to get it on with the female doctor, saying there's more where this came from, as it forms itself a pecker.

Is not a "G" rate show.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2017 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2017 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stay up on things pretty well on tv, but also didnt know there was a new Star Trek. The Orville is very loosely Star Trek, and its stupid...but hilarious.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2017 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw the first episode, not watching the rest. Not putting up with CBS'es streaming bullshit site.
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2017 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
saw the latest episode wasn't too bad but not that great either. I think what is going to kill it is that you have to pay for the cbs access.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2017 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Saw the first episode, not watching the rest. Not putting up with CBS'es streaming bullshit site.

I liked the first episode, just not enough to pay CBS for the privilege to watch more... I can hear Gene Rodenberry spinning in his grave, at about 10,000 rpm...

As for the Orville, ugh...

Joe

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2017 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

As for the Orville, ugh...

I "binge watched" all 6 episodes of The Orville on MovieBox a couple of days ago.

The very first episode had some laughs but, honestly, as the next 5 episodes went along the funny gradually stopped and the damn thing became predictable and trite.

I might watch one or two more but if it's the same drivel, I'm done with it...besides I don't generally watch television anyway and now I remember why.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I "binge watched" all 6 episodes of The Orville on MovieBox a couple of days ago.

The very first episode had some laughs but, honestly, as the next 5 episodes went along the funny gradually stopped and the damn thing became predictable and trite.

I might watch one or two more but if it's the same drivel, I'm done with it...besides I don't generally watch television anyway and now I remember why.

I only made it through 2 1/2...

Joe
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

I only made it through 2 1/2...

Joe

That's a shame, the conclusion of the 3rd episode was that forcing the child to have a gender reassignment surgery was barbaric and wrong. They hinted that the surgery may not have actually taken place or will be reversed in the future(something that would be no problem in the star trek universe so it would be safe to say it could be done in the Orville universe).

Unfortunately shows like to make these kinds of political statements, they always have and always will, fortunately this specific episode mirrored my politics.

This is actually a less known issue and it's screwing kids up worse than your regular demented pro trans parents. You have parents willing to use drugs to block their child's puberty before the child has even reached an age where they can make rational decisions. They are ruining the children's chances of reproduction and if the child grows up and wants operations to appear more feminine below the belt, its not possible as fully formed genitals are required to do a male to female cosmetic surgery. This no doubt will lead to an even higher suicide rate as it becomes more popular for parents to abuse their children with chemical castration.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect the politically correct liberals are having a lot to do with content on many new shows. From scifi to sitcoms. Im really getting tired of their spin on everything. Its like a virus you cant get rid of.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't agree more however it's not exclusive to liberals and is not new.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... gender reassignment surgery...

wait...WHAT?

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

wait...WHAT?

More like...

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I couldn't agree more however it's not exclusive to liberals and is not new.

last conservative view show Ive seen was Last Man Standing, and even being a top rated sitcom didnt keep the liberals from getting it axed. They didnt like how he always ragged on Obuma and Hillary.

" On May 10, 2017, ABC canceled Last Man Standing after six seasons, despite the series being the second most-watched ABC sitcom during the 2016–17 season (based on Live+7 figures), with ratings remaining mostly steady during its sixth season.[41] A rep for 20th Century Fox TV said cancellation decisions are made by ABC. "This was a scheduling decision," wrote Jori Arancio, senior vice president of ABC Entertainment and ABC Studios. ABC and its production partner for the show, 20th Century Fox TV, typically negotiate licensing fees prior to each season; however, the network decided to cancel the show without doing so.

The cancellation was met with outrage from the show's fans, many of whom took to social media to voice their displeasure and petition for another network to pick up the show.[43] It also happened some months after lead actor Tim Allen (who is also a real-life Republican) said in an interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, that being a Republican in Hollywood is "like 1930s Germany. You gotta be real careful around here, you know. You'll get beat up if you don't believe what everybody believes." His comment was widely criticized, especially his comparing the treatment of Republicans in Hollywood with Nazi Germany. "

Ironic huh ?

PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

last conservative view show Ive seen was Last Man Standing, and even being a top rated sitcom didnt keep the liberals from getting it axed. They didnt like how he always ragged on Obuma and Hillary.

" On May 10, 2017, ABC canceled Last Man Standing after six seasons, despite the series being the second most-watched ABC sitcom during the 2016–17 season (based on Live+7 figures), with ratings remaining mostly steady during its sixth season.[41] A rep for 20th Century Fox TV said cancellation decisions are made by ABC. "This was a scheduling decision," wrote Jori Arancio, senior vice president of ABC Entertainment and ABC Studios. ABC and its production partner for the show, 20th Century Fox TV, typically negotiate licensing fees prior to each season; however, the network decided to cancel the show without doing so.

The cancellation was met with outrage from the show's fans, many of whom took to social media to voice their displeasure and petition for another network to pick up the show.[43] It also happened some months after lead actor Tim Allen (who is also a real-life Republican) said in an interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, that being a Republican in Hollywood is "like 1930s Germany. You gotta be real careful around here, you know. You'll get beat up if you don't believe what everybody believes." His comment was widely criticized, especially his comparing the treatment of Republicans in Hollywood with Nazi Germany. "

Ironic huh ?

Absolutely, there's an undeniable liberal bias. I was really arguing a point that nobody but myself was making and that is no matter the bias, political agendas are going to get written into the pop culture.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 10-19-2017).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's a shame, the conclusion of the 3rd episode was that forcing the child to have a gender reassignment surgery was barbaric and wrong. They hinted that the surgery may not have actually taken place or will be reversed in the future(something that would be no problem in the star trek universe so it would be safe to say it could be done in the Orville universe).

Yeah, I saw that episode, was a bit uncomfortable watching. The few episodes I watched has turned me off to this series.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2017 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When ya'all get bored of the new Star Teks, try something from an old one

https://play.google.com/sto...m.vger.galileo&hl=en

(Its a WHOLE lot harder to do than it sounds)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock