Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  I like surprise gifts, but...... (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I like surprise gifts, but...... by randye
Started on: 10-12-2017 10:16 PM
Replies: 90 (1725 views)
Last post by: DanDamage on 12-25-2017 07:16 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems to me that Hank has the most viable, relevant clue.

This video contains language both spoken and in the title, which some may find objectionable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF7HYRH_xt8
With the exception of the shape of the container and it's contents, the package is very similar to those received by Tony and Randy.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 10-24-2017).]

IP: Logged
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It wouldn't surprise me if this is a prank and someone from that link or someone offering a similar service was the sender paid by a forum member. Definitely in poor taste if this is the case.

https://www.fiverr.com/sear...k&page=2&filter=auto

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 10-24-2017).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2017 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I agree.

I do not feel foolish. I am saddened by the waste of municipal effort because some idiot has an internet grudge.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

This video contains language both spoken and in the title, which some may find objectionable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF7HYRH_xt8
With the exception of the shape of the container and it's contents, the package is very similar to those received by Tony and Randy.

Ah ha. That sounds like the deal.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe, but still leaves some unanswered ?s.

And I don't mean to sound alarmist, but I certainly wouldn't call it a 'harmless' prank.
(I suspect, Randye, with his connection to the medical field knows this as well.)
I, because of what I do (raise cattle) am very familiar with potential problems arising from being around animals and their spoor. There are several pathogens that are known to be harmful to humans and present in almost all feces, and the spores of these pathogens can lie dormant, but viable in the soil and dried feces for years.
Probably the most well know is e.coli, but there are others as well, there are at least 3 under the Clostridium bacteria heading. . C. perfringens is the causative agent for common Clostridium infections, a type of food poisoning in humans characterized by severe diarrhea and other dysentery type symptoms, but it also causes gas gangrene.
C.tetani bacteria is the cause of tetanus..I'm sure most here have some understanding of what tetanus is and how dangerous it is, but basically, the spores erupt into a bacteria that produces a powerful neurotoxin within the host (human or animal) and it's this toxin that causes what we call tetanus. Tetanus toxin is one of the three most poisonous substances known to humans, the other two being the toxins of botulism and diphtheria. Speaking of botulism, that, is another of the Clostridium family of pathogens.

C. botulinum is a very dangerous strain of the Clostridium family, because it too creates a powerful toxin, and this toxin is the MOST potent poison known for humans. (10 grams is a lethal dose for the entire human population of Los Angeles.)

All of these, need only be ingested, inhaled or gain entry thru a tiny opening in the skin, so there is a very real potential for harm in sending any kind of feces to anyone for any reason other than to a qualified laboratory for analysis.

And those are just a small sampling of pathogens found in feces. Salmonella, any number of parasites, streptococci and many others are prevalent as well, so I don't view this kind of activity as being 'harmless' at all. .

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
True I would throw it away, and not recommend opening these. Honestly they could randomly add any special ingredient to one of these.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe that is why they no longer send the substance alluded to in their name, or possibly ship that which is readily available in the garden department at the Slovakian Kmart.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 10-24-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

maybe, but still leaves some unanswered ?s.

And I don't mean to sound alarmist, but I certainly wouldn't call it a 'harmless' prank.
(I suspect, Randye, with his connection to the medical field knows this as well.)
I, because of what I do (raise cattle) am very familiar with potential problems arising from being around animals and their spoor. There are several pathogens that are known to be harmful to humans and present in almost all feces, and the spores of these pathogens can lie dormant, but viable in the soil and dried feces for years.

... so I don't view this kind of activity as being 'harmless' at all.

Agreed, and it's not only the possible pathogens it is also undigested plant seeds and insect larvae that present potential hazards of introducing an invasive species.

This whole idea of sending various types of feces from various sources around the planet to people is very stupid and dangerous.

Who's to guarantee that it isn't human feces?

That scenario would present a very serious infectious epidemic potential, (i.e. hepatitis A and a whole host of other viral and bacterial infections).

I actually did wear disposable surgical gloves when I opened the plastic container and washed the glass surface where I opened the package with alcohol *and* xylene.
Afterwards I felt a bit foolish for even handling the closed container ungloved, but at the time I opened the outer package I had no idea what was inside, and Yes, I did wash my hands with alcohol immediately afterwards.

The link that Hank posted does seem the most plausible at this point, but as I pointed out, the package I received had no note in it, no markings or stickers on the container and the contents certainly didn't seem to be excrement, (I think I would know it as I spent a good deal of my childhood on a farm), the material is very uniform and consistent in shape and texture, like finely shredded loose peat moss, and not at all differentiated like animal droppings usually are.

I will also add that IF this was supposed to be a container of crap, then whoever caused it to be sent to me is f**king COWARD.

If someone wants to send me a package of sh!t, Fine, do it, ....but MAN UP and tell me that YOU sent it and why.

Doing it anonymously makes you a sniveling, little COWARD.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-24-2017).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2017 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For reference as to how this can be dealt with. "Gag gift" indeed.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/g...news-topstories.html
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2017 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

For reference as to how this can be dealt with. "Gag gift" indeed.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/g...news-topstories.html

I know it was a shitty thing for someone to do to you, but forget about it, if not for just the day. Merry Christmas, enjoy it
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2017 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hallucinogenic mushrooms
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave