Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  I like surprise gifts, but...... (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I like surprise gifts, but...... by randye
Started on: 10-12-2017 10:16 PM
Replies: 90 (1726 views)
Last post by: DanDamage on 12-25-2017 07:16 PM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
poop is so much easier to send, why send dirt?

Hey page 2 is mine

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 10-22-2017).]

IP: Logged
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2017 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
X-Ray truck is on it's way over to our home. Somebody is taking this serious. Pics to follow...
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

X-Ray truck is on it's way over to our home. Somebody is taking this serious. Pics to follow...

Please keep me immediately updated on this Tony.

I think you should still have my phone number.
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2017 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not going to reply in this post any longer.

If anyone else receives such a package, please contact you local authorities.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not going to reply in this post any longer.

If anyone else receives such a package, please contact you local authorities.

Did **** get real?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2017 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Did **** get real?

There is just concern. More than local authorities have been contacted after initial inspection. The package is in their possession.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 10-22-2017).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is just concern. More than local authorities have been contacted after initial inspection. The package is in their possession.

I think this is the appropriate action. At minimum, USPS and FBI/Dept Homeland Security should be notified.
It could be 'nothing' or it could be quite hazardous..as in hazmat/biochemical.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I think this is the appropriate action. At minimum, USPS and FBI/Dept Homeland Security should be notified.
It could be 'nothing' or it could be quite hazardous..as in hazmat/biochemical.

That's kind of what shocked me about Randye opening his in the first place. If he had or currently has a high level security clearance working in D.C., wouldn't you think weird packages coming from a foreign country would be suspect right off?

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 10-22-2017).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2017 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a group (and a lot of us individually) HAVE seriously pizzed off an awful lot of lefties, either by direct argument or by taking a stance and refusing to back down to them. One thing I learned about left-leaners in person a LONG time ago, is they are capable of some VERY extreme temper-tantrums (think grown adult sputtering in rage and throwing things instead of screaming words) when you dont let them get their own way and have complete control.

I'm actually kinda surprised something like this hasnt happened sooner. (either that or one of us actually hunted down at home as was "suggested" by some of them in the past)
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

That's kind of what shocked me about Randye opening his in the first place. If he had or currently has a high level security clearance working in D.C., wouldn't you think weird packages coming from a foreign country would be suspect right off?

I routinely get packages from Europe and even Asia.

I also have friends and colleagues all over the world, including in some seemingly "unsavory" countries right now. (NO, none in the DPRK....)

A few weeks ago I received a package of some products I ordered from the Czech Republic, (Prague), so this new package didn't immediately alarm me.

Yes, my "Spidey senses" were on "low alert" when I got this unexpected and unrequested package, but it appeared innocuous and it did pass through customs, which monitors packages these days in ways that I'm not going to discuss here.

If I had been the 2nd person to receive this kind of package like Tony did then my reaction may have been similar to his.

I posted details about it on this forum after I had exhausted my attempts to determine who may have sent it.

Now it certainly appears that whoever sent it IS indeed tied to this forum somehow since that is the only thing that Tony and I have in common.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-23-2017).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

A few weeks ago I received a package of some products I ordered from the Czech Republic, (Prague), so this package didn't immediately alarm me.

Yes, my "Spidey senses" were on "low alert" when I got this unexpected and unrequested package, but it appeared innocuous and it did pass through customs, which monitors packages these days in ways that I'm not going to discuss here.

If I had been the 2nd person to receive this kind of package like Tony did then my reaction may have been similar to his.

I posted details about it on this forum after I had exhausted my attempts to determine who may have sent it.

Now it certainly appears that whoever sent it IS indeed tied to this forum somehow since that is the only thing that Tony and I have in common.

It is odd that 2 people in this group have received similar or even exact unsolicited packages, but I caution that....correlation does not automatically equal causation.
Not saying it isn't out of the realm of possibility, but I will be very surprised to find a nefarious, questionable, or dangerous substance has been sent to either of you from any member of the board, past or present.

I was a few years ago, once threatened with bodily harm by a (now) former member of this board, but blew it off as the usual internet keyboard warrior garbage and posted my address and directions to my house. As I suspected, nothing came of it. I assumed (perhaps erroneously), that they could find Cleveland and Houston on a map...evidently, I gave their intellect too much credit.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-22-2017).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yet still, I love a good (or even a bad) mystery and we should consider the possibility that Randy and Tony have conspired to weave just such a tale for their own, and eventually our amusement. After all, the season is nigh.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The world is becoming more deranged as the fragile(left or right) are empowered to take action because they can't differentiate speech from violence. I've been threatened by forum members long ago and never felt a need to take it seriously. I wouldn't give out my address like Don though, I'd rather them have to dig so maybe I'll have a little warning.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also have friends and colleagues all over the world, including some seemingly "unsavory" countries right now. (NO, none in the DPRK....)

A few weeks ago I received a package of some products I ordered from the Czech Republic, (Prague), so this new package didn't immediately alarm me.

That makes sense. I just found it odd when you posted about it but then I don't receive packages from overseas all the time. The only packages I receive from offshore are things I have ordered, which isn't all that common.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is odd that 2 people in this group have received similar or even exact unsolicited packages, but I caution that....correlation does not automatically equal causation.
Not saying it isn't out of the realm of possibility, but I will be very surprised to find a nefarious, questionable, or dangerous substance has been sent to either of you from any member of the board, past or present.

I was a few years ago, once threatened with bodily harm by a (now) former member of this board, but blew it off as the usual internet keyboard warrior garbage and posted my address and directions to my house. As I suspected, nothing came of it. I assumed (perhaps erroneously), that they could find Cleveland and Houston on a map...evidently, I gave their intellect too much credit.

Note that I never speculated on what the *reason* behind this might be. I simply made the obvious observation that the only thing that Tony and I seem to have in common is PFF.

While I also don't believe that this is necessarily nefarious, malicious or dangerous, given the way things are in the world today, I can't fault Tony for being cautious.

I most certainly don't live in fear of people on this forum, even a couple of individuals that I firmly believe may have some real psychological problems.

I try to operate based on factual data, and some of the facts that I presently have are:

1. Both Tony and I received similar, if not identical, packages.

2. Someone went to the trouble to get his address and mine.

3. Both packages came from the same sender in Slovakia.

4. Someone spent almost $20 to send these packages to both of us.

5. The only connection between Tony and I appears to be this internet forum.

6. I had nothing to do with sending the packages.

Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2017 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holloween you two will turn into zombies .. or maybe purple people eaters
Do the mash, the monster mash..

[This message has been edited by Keel (edited 10-23-2017).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2017 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good morning,

Nothing new. This is not a gag by either Randye nor I. I took the advice of the USPS and called my local authorities.

I believe now that it is nothing dangerous, but the Officers are treating it differently. That is all I know at the moment.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
Went to WalMart yesterday to get some birdseed. The garden section was already stocked with Christmas decorations.

I know someone who works at a Walmart and I asked if they do in fact put them out earlier every year. She said in the 12 years she has worked at Wal mart the Christmas decorations have gone out for sale at the same time the Halloween ones do.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

This just got a wee bit stranger.

Either Tony and I have a mutual friend or a mutual enemy. Not sure yet.

Yeah that is weird.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Could it just be that since the only tie between Randy and Tony seems to be PFF, that PFF was used as a source to mine some data?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very possible.
But then too, why those 2 in particular? Because they both have usernames that have their first names?
Tons of people here have been well know by their first names, but there would still have to be some vehicle with which to find a mailing address... Myself, at least 2 Todds, CliffW, Chris x2, Marvin, ...lots of us.
And, what's the end game..the motive..and how & why is this Slovakian company involved?
Perplexing...
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget about Secret Santa.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So did you open it yet, Tony?

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Possible too jmbishop, but I just looked back on the SS threads and all I can attest to is since I've been facilitating the Secret Santa here at PFF, (2015 and 2016) neither of the 2 members receiving the mysterious parcels have participated in any physical way.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/097098.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096127.html

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-23-2017).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2017 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good morning,

This is not a gag by either Randye nor I. I took the advice of the USPS and called my local authorities.

]

Why would you even bring that up, hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2017 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So did you open it yet, Tony?

No, it was taken away by folks that walked tall and wore badges.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2017 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Why would you even bring that up, hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by williegoat:

Yet still, I love a good (or even a bad) mystery and we should consider the possibility that Randy and Tony have conspired to weave just such a tale for their own, and eventually our amusement. After all, the season is nigh.

I answered Williegoat's thoughts. He was just thinking, I answered in kind, and nothing else. Nothing nefarious here in my actions.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, it was taken away by folks that walked tall and wore badges.

Did they carry a 4x4?
https://www.google.com/sear...mgrc=JXdOejQXXA8CFM:

I was just curious if it was the same as Randye's inside.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2017 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did they carry a 4x4?

I was just curious if it was the same as Randye's inside.

Great movie. Going to put it on our list.

I did not open the package. The "gift" felt like it was the same as what Randye opened. An Officer said it was similar on the x-ray, but will not know what it is until it is processed. (Not his exact words.)

Mostly just curious at this point.

Enjoy your day folks...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 10-23-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Hank is Here

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After reading this please try googling sh!texpress.com and look at their site for compairsons. Especially look at their Terms link at the bottom of the page. The description almost matches to a T.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2017 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I answered Williegoat's thoughts. He was just thinking, I answered in kind, and nothing else. Nothing nefarious here in my actions.

Come on, it be a great holloween plot.. go with it
Tony sends Rande a package as a gag, and Rande sends Tony a minerail that makes him turn into a warewolf on the first full moon
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Come on, it be a great holloween plot.. go with it
Tony sends Rande a package as a gag, and Rande sends Tony a minerail that makes him turn into a warewolf on the first full moon

What the hell is a "minerail" ?

I think you're trying to be humorous, but could you at least try to do it coherently and in English?

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by Hank is Here:

After reading this please try googling sh!texpress.com and look at their site for compairsons. Especially look at their Terms link at the bottom of the page. The description almost matches to a T.

Maybe you missed what I said, but I actually opened the package I got.

I posted photos of the opened package.

I also reported that it looks like loose peat, (peat moss), and it has NO smell. None.

If it was supposed to be poop, somebody didn't get what they paid for....or more accurately, I didn't get what they paid for.

Unlike the video at the link you provided, the plastic container inside the package had NO labels, stickers or anything else on it and there was no note with the container.

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Don't forget about Secret Santa.

With Secret Santa only one person had our address, the person wouldn't have two people's address. Unless it's two people working together.

I doubt Don or Rumour would give out addresses.

Brad
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2017 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think you're trying to be humorous, but could you at least try to do it coherently and in English?

It is fat dry cracked fingers on a touch screen.. speel check is off as it screws when I type in polish..
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m4Fastback

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2017 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m4FastbackSend a Private Message to Fiero2m4FastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

With Secret Santa only one person had our address, the person wouldn't have two people's address. Unless it's two people working together.

I doubt Don or Rumour would give out addresses.

Brad

They'd have to have participated multiple years.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m4Fastback:

They'd have to have participated multiple years.

Even in that questionable scenario, (questionable because neither of the affected members have participated in SS recently .. if ever) it still doesn't explain the extremes one would presumably have to go to in order to have the parcel sent from the rather obscure 'company' in Slovakia.
Dunno what it is, but there's something else going on here and that Equal S.R.O. entity is somehow involved up to their eyeballs.. how & why? Who are they and what is it they really do?
(S.R.O.= about the same as our LLC)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-24-2017).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay