Started on: 10-11-2017 07:33 AM
Replies: 17 (402 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 10-15-2017 08:12 AM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting.

Brad
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Makes sense to me.
Too many crazies out there.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"“It’s not a matter of if it can happen here, because it does happen here. It doesn’t require a mass shooter to kill a firefighter. It requires one bullet and one gun,” Chief Carbone said."

Moron. Push that agenda.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm surprised it has taken the FD's to start protecting the firefighters.

There was an incident several years ago in upstate New York where a whacko called the FD and then started shooting at them. There have been a few more instances since where first responders have come under fire.

The Chief is right. First responders don't care about anything other than helping those in a bad way, and eventually some whacko is going to start taking them out.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For clarification...

Fire Fighters are held in the highest regards here. Along with Police and Soldiers. I am absolutely sure that I am leaving some out.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What agenda do you see here, Tony? Just curious.

Jake, c'mon! Ya always got something to say.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Money. Money is the agenda here.

The Fire Chief politicized this when he chose to use the words he did. No gun ever killed a person. Criminals kill people.

I have never spoke ill of those that serve others. I am not doing that here. I found a problem with his reasoning, and still do.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other than the last sentence (one bullet, one gun), he spoke several times mentioning the act of shooting, or a descriptive of a shooter, not once blaming the need for their new vests on 'guns', but pointing out the criminal use of the gun by someone. Maybe he was saying that to counterpoint the large number of weapons the LV lunatic used, it only takes one shot....

I don't see an agenda here other than safety for first responders.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gave reason for my view, and so have you. I see no issue. I am not damning anyone here. Am I not stating this correctly?

Edit: I have reread what the Chief said over and over again. I guess that I am biased?

If protection is needed, then so be it. I am NOT the one to decide. I believe the first reponders should decide this one. I merely had an opinion.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 10-11-2017).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Money for first responders is A-OK with me, they provide service and take care of their equipment.

Money for the County Highway Department?
Well......not so much.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that you have valid points. All of them.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My neighbor interviewed at the CHD, asked the CHD interviewer why their parking lot and building we're so poorly maintained.

The response (with a straight face).....

'If we fixed up our facility the people would expect us to fix up the roads.'
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Being that my wife works in the E.R and has flown with Life Flight, when you call 911 for a medical emergency, the fire department is the first to respond as EMS. Then the ambulance arrives and takes over. My wife has told me HORRIBLE stories about responding to a gunshot victim only to find out the spouse was the shooter and threatened to kill the paramedics if they helped the victim. By the time the police arrive, they barely saved the victim's life. Firefighters are truly the "first responders" so they are the ones walking in to the unknown of a situation.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2017 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In 97 my house burned to the ground, total loss.
I met several fine people and hold them in the highest esteem.
Those that would do them harm are the lowest of the low, this has nothing to do with gun control its a people control.

The problem isn't guns its people, we need to pass more laws to control people. Oh wait pretty sure the laws are already there.
Well **** what should we do now?
Lets make it look like we are doing something by disarming law abiding citizens, we know it wont help but we will look like we are doing something.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2017 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Daughter and Son-In-Law are both medics. She an EMT, he a Paramedic. My daughter has always worked in the outlying areas of Atlanta. Tony has often worked in the Inner-City of Atlanta at the #1 trauma center, Grady Hospital. He had frequently spoken of having to wait on PD to arrive, or in some cases they had to subdue or even abandon a patient because of threats to them via the use of knives, guns, ball bats, or even just a big burly person. At one instance, he grabbed the child, ran to the ambulance and they evacuated the area and parked to treat the child.

I'm glad that my daughter is now with a different company and only transports patients to and from their treatments. Tony is now a flight medic for an air ambulance service. The only time he has to worry about getting shot at is when they transport to and from some of the South American countries or to the Middle East and Africa. Oh, and sometimes they fly into Chicago.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2017 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why not build it into the firesuit.. and make it standard afair
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2017 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mentioned this to my son-in-law and he contradicted the original article that said Polk County was the first to issue vests. When he worked for Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, they had vests. Grady Memorial isn't a city hospital, but it is subsidized by taxes from several metropolitan Atlanta counties. Atlanta began issuing vests in 2008 to their first responders.

Maybe they were referring to Polk County being the first in the area or in Florida, but they apparently weren't first in the nation to make bullet proof vests a standard issue.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock