Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  BLM officially a potential terrorist organization (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
BLM officially a potential terrorist organization by MidEngineManiac
Started on: 10-08-2017 06:21 PM
Replies: 41 (689 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 10-15-2017 07:04 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2017 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About time....and this gives the RCMP an excuse to follow suit.

https://momentpolitics.com/...ial-terrorist-group/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When it started...and was named Black Lives Matter, it instantly became a black racist organization...at least to me.
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2017 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

When it started...and was named Black Lives Matter, it instantly became a black racist organization...at least to me.

When you're used to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

[This message has been edited by Threedog (edited 10-10-2017).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2017 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:

I'll probably regret this...

Wut??

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2017 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He is correct, in the sense that a blind squirrel gets the acorn kinda way.

Conservatives have been suffering under Liberal privilege for a generation.

So now that we have strong voices in the form of Mr. Trump and others, the Liberals, with their natural victimhood tendencies, think THEY are the oppressed.

Good.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2017 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little more info from other sources to back up MEM's original link.

A NEW DOMESTIC TERROR THREAT: The 2014 shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., has spawned a violent domestic threat from "black identity extremists" - BIEs - who have stepped up attacks on police, according to an explosive new report by the FBI's counterterrorism division ... The warning, first reported by Foreign Policy magazine, says that "it is very likely BIEs proactively target police and openly identify and justify their actions with social-political agendas commensurate with their perceived injustices against African Americans ..." Brown, an African-American 18-year-old, was shot in August 2014 after struggling with white police officer Darren Wilson. Although Brown's supporters claimed it was a deadly case of police brutality, Wilson was cleared of wrongdoing and resigned in November 2014. The shooting led to protests in Ferguson that then spread to other parts of the country. It gained added momentum after subsequent racially charged police shootings, spurred on via social media and the group Black Lives Matter.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2...errorist-threat.html
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2017 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When you are blind to truths, you are free of guilt.

I will, once again and for the 36th time, tell you to enjoy your day. I have never been greeted by you accordingly.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2017 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I love this progressive BS. Please continue the left wing dogma. You will definitely get Trump elected for a 2nd term. Oh yes, people love to be called names over and over. You are privileged = all white people are racist. You know, because white people make all their decisions based on their skin color. /sarcasm off

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 10-10-2017).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2017 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

I love this progressive BS. Please continue the left wing dogma. You will definitely get Trump elected for a 2nd term.

Why would you tell them what they've done?
Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2017 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

They won't hear it anyway..
He went from chico, to Denver so he'll be to high to remember crap anyways.
My bet still in chico, but sick of getting blasted for being part of that cities problem.

[This message has been edited by Keel (edited 10-10-2017).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2017 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best argument I've ever heard for legalization.
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2017 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

You are probably correct. I should just let them flail about and sit back to watch. Identity politics has become so ingrained they think it's normal. The left has finally managed to marginalized so many people that they find themselves in the awkward position of both vilifying you and asking for your vote.
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2017 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All that is happening here is a bunch of people complaining about a marginalized group fighting for their rights to be treated as equals.

I will make the same post I have made about 15 times that everyone ignores because I have statistical data to prove it.

I don't believe they make particularly worse choices, I think that our system is rigged against them. They are more likely to be pulled over and searched, more likely to be abused by the police, less likely to get a job because of their ethnicity, more likely to be wrongly convicted, and more likely to grow up with less access to financial resources or good schools as their white counterparts. These are the reasons there are more black Americans that make "bad choices", and this is the systematic oppression in our country.

Ya'll get upset when I point out these facts, because they are proof that white privilege does exist. It is far better to grow up white in this country than it is black. Yet here ya'll are, complaining about BLM and players kneeling at football games because their equality threatens your privilege.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
threatens your privilege = you are all racist

Sorry, not buying it.
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

threatens your privilege = you are all racist

Sorry, not buying it.

I said that where again?

Also, yet again you deflect from the post because you can't deal with facts that don't fit your narrative.
Fiero2m4Fastback

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m4FastbackSend a Private Message to Fiero2m4FastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All that is happening here is a bunch of people complaining about a marginalized group fighting for their rights to be treated as equals.

What rights are being fought for? Who's marginalized? BLM caused me to take the red pill, I can't stand with a racist movement no matter how many friends and family I lose over it. I'm not going to marginalize myself.

Sorry, BLM is a terrorist organization by definition, not by feelings or politics.

I'm equal to any white man, I don't need to perpetuate racism to prove otherwise through my own racism.

According to BLM, I should be dead, I got pulled over for the 2nd time in a decade for no front plate while strapped. Just like anyone else with a CHL I announced it, it was a non issue and I didn't even get a ticket. My car is clean and doesn't smell like weed, I've never even had a cop hint at wanting to search my vehicle.

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m4Fastback (edited 10-11-2017).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will make the same post I have made about 15 times that everyone ignores because I have statistical data to prove it.

Ya'll get upset when I point out these facts, because they are proof that white privilege does exist. It is far better to grow up white in this country than it is black. Yet here ya'll are, complaining about BLM and players kneeling at football games because their equality threatens your privilege.

There is no white privilege, you clown, sadly you got the privilege of being born in this country and do nothing but waste that good fortune on being a racist ..
There are retards that would love to have the brain power you waste on, that faux oppression and why bother, I'm black the world is against me..
ANYONE that puts in the effort in this country can do very well for themselves.. no matter their skin color..
Those that spend all their time claiming they and everyone like them are oppressed never get anywhere, and then try to blame everyone else but the one in the mirror.. YOU.

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 10-11-2017).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Ya'll".

Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Three more comments completely ignoring the evidence, again. I thought it was liberals who hate facts?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have ignored no evidence. Do you believe that I am unlearned?

Just answer me this one question please. This will dictate how we interact from here on out. Failure to answer will be assumed as you thinking of me as a retard.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 10-11-2017).]

Fiero2m4Fastback

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m4FastbackSend a Private Message to Fiero2m4FastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Three more comments completely ignoring the evidence, again. I thought it was liberals who hate facts?

Site the evidence that supports your claim. Try to avoid the easily refuted and anecdotal please.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps the evidence you cite is enough for you to feel the way you do about this subject.

Perhaps that same evidence does not convince others, as their decision is based on other evidence, leading them to a different conclusion.

Your cited evidence doesn't encourage me to ignore evidence that I have judged to be more factual to the current circumstances.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@ Threedog...

I have read all of your links. Even the ones requiring my information to obtain entry to. (I find that ridiculous. I will be spammed as we speak.) All biased.

Can we use FBI statistics?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

completely ignoring the evidence

This Larry guy seems to have applied liberal tactics to Piers.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-11-2017).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

their equality threatens your privilege.

I don't feel threatened.
Also have you seen my thread titled "capitalism isnt racist".

You need to crank the volume on this one, but its worth it. An open mind.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-13-2017).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

these facts, .

From one of your links
"The study found that the overall mean use-of-force rate for all black residents was 273 per 100,000, which is 3.6 times higher than the rate for white residents (76 per 100,000) and 2.5 times higher than the overall rate of 108 per 100,000 for all residents.

For those who were arrested, the mean rate of use of force against blacks was 46 for every 1,000 arrests, compared with 36 per 1,000 for whites."

Details matter.
Disparate outcomes do not imply disparate treatment.
Numbers aren't truth, they are numbers. What happened in each individual case matters.

What if someone wanted to break it down farther, how many of 1000 of those were from single parent homes, how many were on government financial assistance.

Honestly run the same stinkin numbers and spit out numbers of how many out of 1000 were wearing jewelry? You will end up with "results", what you do with those "results" matters. What about Hispanics, or Asians?

If the vid is too long the end "point" is at 12 mins.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-11-2017).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2.5, something I've seen that might validate the ratio numbers you quote. I like to watch Live PD, Friday and Saturday nights on A&E. 9PM. For those who haven't seen it, the camera crews follow police in 6 different states. Live action as it happens. Unedited. The police officers run the gammut. Black, White, Hispanic, Men, Women. I believe the current states are South Carolina, Maryland, Florida, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, or Nevada, and I think Kentucky or Indiana.

By and large, the ones that usually require force are Black persons. They run, they want to run their mouth, they want to argue, they want to scuffle and resist the police, they didn't do anything. they didn't know that there were a half dozen police cars with blue lights behind them, they didn't know that all those police cars were after them, they weren't running 90 mph, swerving across the roadway, driving on the wrong side and the wrong way, the drugs weren't theirs, the cop was a great magician to plant those drugs into their pocket or purse without being seen, they weren't driving the car though it only had one person in it, they just bought the (stolen) car from a friend (can't remember their name) for $50. One even asked a Black Richland County Deputy why did he blue light him and who did he vote for in the presidential election. I assume he was insinuating that the officer was a Republican.

Yes, the police occasionally need to use force on other races, too, but it's seldom because most of them don't put up a struggle and become defiant. People of any color would have much less problems with police using force if they would just do what the officers ask of them.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m4Fastback:

What rights are being fought for? Who's marginalized? BLM caused me to take the red pill, I can't stand with a racist movement no matter how many friends and family I lose over it. I'm not going to marginalize myself.

Sorry, BLM is a terrorist organization by definition, not by feelings or politics.

I'm equal to any white man, I don't need to perpetuate racism to prove otherwise through my own racism.

According to BLM, I should be dead, I got pulled over for the 2nd time in a decade for no front plate while strapped. Just like anyone else with a CHL I announced it, it was a non issue and I didn't even get a ticket. My car is clean and doesn't smell like weed, I've never even had a cop hint at wanting to search my vehicle.

THIS is what I've been saying all along and couldnt get (insert name here) to comprehend.

"Racism" has nothing to do with race, and EVERYTHING to do with attitude and money.

Itsa a bunch of people trying to use an accident of birth, and events hundreds of years before they were born, coupled with thug tactics to get FREE STUFF(tm) and FREE MONEY (tm)and FREE ADVANTAGE(tm)

Its about the entitlement, and anybody who doesn't play along is "racist". No they are not. They are CAPITALISTS who expect you to do a lot more than just be born in order to get your "stuff"

The sad part is, its NOT just BLM. Although the concept may have started with "Affirmative Action", it has spread like herpes to every single self-identified "minority" possible who want to jump on the FREE RIDE(tm) bandwagon.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you call working your ass off every day for 45 years and being able to buy my own things white privilege, then thats me. BLM racists think you should have everything given to you while you sit home and take your drugs. Ya, Ive got lots of nice things I bought with the money I worked for my whole life. None of you deserve anything from me unless I DECIDE I want to give it to you. Get a job. Traveling from city to city to cause riots and destruction is NOT a profession. Im all in for those on welfare JUST BECAUSE they dont WANT to work, should be required to work for the city or state. I dont care what they do, cut grass in parks, shovel snow on downtown sidewalks, pick up trash or wash police cars.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm with you on that, Roger--with the caveat to pay them at least minimum wage. We tried the idea here in Ontario about 15 years ago, it was called "Workfare" and brought in by then-Premiere Mike Harris.

Good idea in concept, but he refused to pay them more than the $250/month or whatever they were getting at the time. He ended up getting his governments azz sued 10-ways-to-Tuesday and got his pee-pee whacked while being told "We dont do slave labor here". Which I agree with. If you are working, then you have the right to be treated legally, the government doesn't get to ignore its own labor laws.

He wouldnt cough up, so the whole program got scrapped and turned into Ontario Works (as it is now)--They have to LOOK for a job, or go to school, or volunteer, or SOMETHING--and report every 3 or 4 months, but nobody is going to force them to take a job for 15 cents an hour or whatever the current welfare works out to.

I knew a few people on it back then, and they were getting forced (mostly) into recycling plants to sort garbage. REALLY nasty job going thru cans and bottles and crappy diapers, used tampons, rotten food and whatever else. Now with the drug epidemic and used needle problem I really have NO idea how they do it, but it used to be welfare labor.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 10-11-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im saying give them the same thing theyre already getting, just make them do something for it. Right now theyre taking out free money and giving absolutely NOTHING in return.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero2m4Fastback

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2017 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m4FastbackSend a Private Message to Fiero2m4FastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.theroot.com/welf...ald-t-1819090773/amp

How terrible would it be to work for a living?
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2017 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

2.5, something I've seen that might validate the ratio numbers you quote. I like to watch Live PD, Friday and Saturday nights on A&E. 9PM. For those who haven't seen it, the camera crews follow police in 6 different states. Live action as it happens. Unedited. The police officers run the gammut. Black, White, Hispanic, Men, Women. I believe the current states are South Carolina, Maryland, Florida, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, or Nevada, and I think Kentucky or Indiana.

By and large, the ones that usually require force are Black persons. They run, they want to run their mouth, they want to argue, they want to scuffle and resist the police, they didn't do anything. they didn't know that there were a half dozen police cars with blue lights behind them, they didn't know that all those police cars were after them, they weren't running 90 mph, swerving across the roadway, driving on the wrong side and the wrong way, the drugs weren't theirs, the cop was a great magician to plant those drugs into their pocket or purse without being seen, they weren't driving the car though it only had one person in it, they just bought the (stolen) car from a friend (can't remember their name) for $50. One even asked a Black Richland County Deputy why did he blue light him and who did he vote for in the presidential election. I assume he was insinuating that the officer was a Republican.

Yes, the police occasionally need to use force on other races, too, but it's seldom because most of them don't put up a struggle and become defiant. People of any color would have much less problems with police using force if they would just do what the officers ask of them.

Yup, If you are respectful and not an ass, you don't have issues..
Another metric that isn't used is many Blacks seem to think they can outrun the Motorola. I have friends like this when I get lit up and say go.. I'm sorry I pull over and be respectful no issue, if they were driving they have tried to outrun the radio..

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2017 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m4Fastback:

http://www.theroot.com/welf...ald-t-1819090773/amp

How terrible would it be to work for a living?

Its a start .
By the way, just like capitalism, it is not targeting any "race".

"calls for agencies to review their existing regulations and make adjustments that will conform to a set of broad welfare principles and include work requirements that will shift recipients back into the labor force.

In addition, it calls for a greater cooperation between state and local governments, as well as the elimination of duplicate services. It would also establish metrics that hold agencies accountable for program performance. ..

Trump’s budget proposal for fiscal year 2018 calls for major cuts to social-welfare programs including food stamps"

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-12-2017).]

Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2017 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

@ Threedog...

I have read all of your links. Even the ones requiring my information to obtain entry to. (I find that ridiculous. I will be spammed as we speak.) All biased.

Can we use FBI statistics?

So what you're telling me is that...
- The police departments all across this country are incorrectly reporting their traffic stops and stanford is not analyzing them correctly(please tell me the flaws you see in their collection methods, as it is public information)
- Three years of data from the Center for Policing Equity, which provides its sources and data collection methods(same here, what are the flaws in their collection methods that they provide?
- The National Bureau of Economic Research performed an experiment poorly(Link, what scientific rules did they violate? How was this experiment performed incorrectly?)
- The National Registry of Exonerations is improperly tracking wrongful convictions(What are they doing incorrectly?)

I am getting sick of people on this forum calling everything they see "fake news" or "biased research" and not being able to actually prove anything biased about it.

Originally posted by 2.5:

From one of your links
"The study found that the overall mean use-of-force rate for all black residents was 273 per 100,000, which is 3.6 times higher than the rate for white residents (76 per 100,000) and 2.5 times higher than the overall rate of 108 per 100,000 for all residents.

For those who were arrested, the mean rate of use of force against blacks was 46 for every 1,000 arrests, compared with 36 per 1,000 for whites."

Details matter.
Disparate outcomes do not imply disparate treatment.
Numbers aren't truth, they are numbers. What happened in each individual case matters.

What if someone wanted to break it down farther, how many of 1000 of those were from single parent homes, how many were on government financial assistance.

Honestly run the same stinkin numbers and spit out numbers of how many out of 1000 were wearing jewelry? You will end up with "results", what you do with those "results" matters. What about Hispanics, or Asians?

If the vid is too long the end "point" is at 12 mins.

2.5, I appreciate the information you provided, as it shifts the conversation from "what are facts" to an actual discussion

There are three points I would like to make. My first point is in regards who is actually being punished. I agree, if one section of the population is committing more crime, those who are committing more crime should experience more punishment. Is it true that black men who are committing more crime are being punished more? Yes. But so are black men who are NOT committing more crime. Wrongful conviction rates are way higher for black men, and they are far more likely per capita to be pulled over even when nothing is found on them(both of these statements are proven in my information). That is the issue. If the criminals were the only ones being punished, you would not hear this argument from me. The issue is that black men and women who are innocent are suffering, which psychologically pushes them away from being responsible and respectful citizens, not towards it.

The second point regards the nature of the "punishments" for these crimes. Do they really fit? Why is it that a black man(or any man for that matter) should be shot and killed or put in prison for decades over drug crimes? Why is that crack cocaine(more often used by black men) carries a higher penalty than powdered cocaine(more often used by white men)? Why do prison sentences go on a permanent record, isn't the whole point that you did your time?

The third point regards why black communities commit more crime than their white counterparts. I don't disagree that family units and shifting parental figures have a large influence on these things. However we have to ask ourselves where this cycle started in the first place and what we are doing to perpetuate it. Fighting against planned parenthood, shift access to public transit in cities, demonizing neighborhoods, and community policing differences, all of these things perpetuate the cycle. It is hard for young black women to get access to birth control, something that would absolutely help prevent unwanted pregnancies. Public transit in poor black areas is significantly harder to access than in poor white urban areas(the difference between South Shore and Bridgeport in Chicago comes to mind). Demonizing black and brown neighborhoods prevents major grocery stores and businesses from entering them, creating food deserts in major cities. In the poor areas of cities, it is often the least experienced police officers who are assigned to patrol it. This means that the officers do not know that being part of the community is a much more effective policing method then just arresting criminals.....

The problem is being ignored by the greater american community, which created in the first place.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2017 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whitewash it all you want, one simple fact remains.

If a certain group commits a disproportionate number of crimes or other actions, then they WILL be disproportionately represented in any and all related statistics.

That's not racism, that's simple fact.

Dont believe me ? Run any analysis you want on the NBA based on race.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2017 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wrongful conviction rates are way higher for black men, and they are far more likely per capita to be pulled over even when nothing is found on them(both of these statements are proven in my information). That is the issue. If the criminals were the only ones being punished, you would not hear this argument from me. The issue is that black men and women who are innocent are suffering, which psychologically pushes them away from being responsible and respectful citizens, not towards it.

The second point regards the nature of the "punishments" for these crimes. Do they really fit? Why is it that a black man(or any man for that matter) should be shot and killed or put in prison for decades over drug crimes? Why is that crack cocaine(more often used by black men) carries a higher penalty than powdered cocaine(more often used by white men)? Why do prison sentences go on a permanent record, isn't the whole point that you did your time?

The third point regards why black communities commit more crime than their white counterparts. I don't disagree that family units and shifting parental figures have a large influence on these things. However we have to ask ourselves where this cycle started in the first place and what we are doing to perpetuate it. Fighting against planned parenthood, shift access to public transit in cities, demonizing neighborhoods, and community policing differences, all of these things perpetuate the cycle. It is hard for young black women to get access to birth control, something that would absolutely help prevent unwanted pregnancies. Public transit in poor black areas is significantly harder to access than in poor white urban areas(the difference between South Shore and Bridgeport in Chicago comes to mind). Demonizing black and brown neighborhoods prevents major grocery stores and businesses from entering them, creating food deserts in major cities. In the poor areas of cities, it is often the least experienced police officers who are assigned to patrol it. This means that the officers do not know that being part of the community is a much more effective policing method then just arresting criminals.....

First and second points: In general all of those things would be higher for "black people" when there are more black people in the criminal system. Wrongful convictions will be much higher for people with a certain color skin if people with that certain color skin are in court much more often. No one should be pulled over for no reason, if nothing is found on them after they are pulled over its irrelevant, if they were pulled over for a real reason. I'm not sure how one could base legislative action on how we think something psychologically affects people that we label as a group, which in and of itself inherently stigmatizes them. Instead of treating them as individual people. Did you hear Morgan Freeman in the vid? But yes if criminal justice needs to be evaluated then push for it in your community. Vote for it. But DON'T expect that Disparate outcomes imply disparate treatment, and don't act like they do.
Also just a word of caution, ask the people in the community, don't think for them, and don't think they are all the same.

If we want to get into what psychologically affects people, how about single parent raised kids, how about kids knowing abortion is legal, how about the stigmatizing and demonizing of other "races" and classes as affirmative action in order to somehow lift a different one up? Using racism to combat racism is stupid and self defeating. I'm not saying you said that, but BLM does it. People have a choice.

On your third point. The points you come to at the end of your argument here, to me is what BLM should be talking about, because they are clear and defined details, with goals that can be aimed at to fix them. No more wide paint brushes.

You will have to point out exactly what is being done to perpetuate it. If it is demionizing a neighborhood, I would say the culture within the neighborhood that makes it actually dangerous does more than just people recognizing that fact. Are all "hoods" the same? No. Are all people who live there the same? No. But that doesn't change the fact that you don't walk down the street at 1am, and how important it is what color clothes you wear and your skin color. Did you see the vid with the Larry guy talking about why cops profile? Harder for black women to access birth control, I disagree with that. That doesn't make sense to me. Prison records going on your permanent record is irrelevant to the discussion though it could have its own thread. It applies to anyone convicted, not just a certain race. The problem being: is the convition legit, fixing that removed any disparity.

The first thing I would recommend to people who complain these problems are affecting them, that they can do for themselves. Move out of the big city. Many of these perceived problems will lessen to the point they may not even be noticed anymore.

I would add another thing, hand outs, food stamps, assistance programs are hurting the "poor communities" more than they are helping. You agree?

Thanks for being civil.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-13-2017).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2017 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ThreeDog, let's have that discussion.

Tell me how whites are privileged, and how blacks are at an immediate disadvantage?

Couple of thoughts for going into this:

- Blacks by and large, who are from the original slave trade, were forced into indentured servitude, and largely uneducated. Education, as you know, was prohibited. And this contributed greatly to the poverty that we see among many in the black population because of generations of poverty and lack of educational opportunities; however, I also firmly believe that catering to certain aspects of poverty through welfare also creates a sense of comfortable entitlement mentality. While I believe that education is paramount, particularly in the formative grade school years, I also find that taking the responsibility away from parents makes them less responsible. I personally believe that the Democrats utilize a "victim mentality" type of propaganda to try to secure what they see as "the black vote." They do this with other demographics in society that they refer to as "communities."

- Blacks aren't poor all over the world, there are many countries where predominantly black societies are successful, and when they come to America (which is most successful because of our rights granted to us by our Constitution), they are looked upon as victims where as this is a whole new concept to them that they don't understand.

- My wife cannot get a job, largely because she's a white girl. Most of the jobs she's applying for, they must hire minorities in order to meet their quotas. My uncle, before he retired, was in charge of recruitment for a major corporation. He would always bring resumes from recruitment events, and they were only allowed to hire the minorities, even when the Asians and whites happened to be considerably more qualified. I'll compound this further with my own experiences. I applied to several places of employment, looking to move on from the NFL after the player strike, and I was rejected entirely. I had a 3.89 GPA from a good school, Summa Cum Laude, over a decade of work experience in the industry, and even had job recommendations from GMs of NFL teams. I was rejected. Then, it occurred to me... my mom is Hispanic (my dad is Dutch), and I can legally check "Hispanic" because at least one of my parents is Hispanic. So, I re-applied to all of those places 3-4 months later, and checked Hispanic, and I was offered multiple jobs from ALL of them.

There is an inherent "advantage" that comes with being born into money, whether you are black, or white, or any other nationality or shade of Earthen colors. But there is nothing inherently advantageous to being white in today's society. In most major cities that are of a race different than white, it's nearly impossible to get a job.

So let's have that discussion... but please use facts, and not talking points.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2017 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to decline to answer threepooch. His lack of respect begets my actions. You will be treated as such. He is only here to be inflammatory, inciteful, and is not a kind person. I choose to associate with who I choose. I wish you luck, but you already have it all figured out. My best to you.

I have found the actions of blm to be terroristic in nature. We cannot have that in a peaceful society. I implore all to seek out criminals and point. Not perceived criminals, but those that actually break the law. Let us start with them first. Deal with all else after. This crap needs to stop, and stop now.

543. 543 murders in Chicago just this year. Many more attempts and gunshots. One city. What say you? How do we deny this, yet loose our minds over less?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2017 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope people watched the vids I posted. They say a lot and are good jumping off points.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock