Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Empower The Drive: Saudi women to get steering wheel in June 2018. What's being said.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Empower The Drive: Saudi women to get steering wheel in June 2018. What's being said. by rinselberg
Started on: 09-27-2017 11:33 AM
Replies: 14 (302 views)
Last post by: shemdogg on 05-18-2018 02:29 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2017 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
King Salman announced the decree on Saudi state television. It goes into effect in June of 2018. Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world that currently restricts women from driving, and it's common for families to employ male chauffeurs to enable females to travel.

Women will not need permission from a legal guardian to obtain a drivers license, and will not be required to have a male chaperone onboard when they get behind the wheel.

Madawi al-Rasheed, a Saudi who is a professor of social anthropology at the London School of Economics--and a woman--offered her thoughts about the motivations behind this change.
http://www.independent.co.u...tivist-a7969586.html

The news comes on the heels of another "change up" thrown by the kingdom, which loosens some of the longstanding restrictions upon Saudi women attending venues in the country for sporting events, concerts and other public celebrations and performances.
https://www.theguardian.com...-it-steps-up-reforms

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-27-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-27-2017 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh look, oh look,
We bought all of Hillary's books,
A time to drive,
What a veiled surprise!

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 09-27-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2017 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very droll.

I seldom (if ever) allow a "catchy" thread name or Topic field to go to waste, after it suggests itself to me upon seeing a new news report.

"It's what I do."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-27-2017).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-27-2017 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Very droll.

I am not slapping you in the face.

I am a terrible poet. If that is what you want to call it. I do believe that I have not written a poem since high school? I recognize that fail before I posted it.

The song is a great beat. I thought it fitting?

Saudi drifting is yuge on Youtube. I thought it fitting?

If I have offended you, that is not my intent. Would you like me to remove anything from this thread?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2017 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, not at all.

I haven't actually played any of those videos, but who knows? Maybe I will get in a mood for it as the day wears on.

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2017 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2017 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"It's what I do."

Yes, we all know what you do.

When you aren't somehow obsessing over muslims, you're the human equivalent of a goddamn popup ad....or a combination of both.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-27-2017).]

deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2017 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This just in...

Rogergarrison announces chain of body shops in Saudi Arabia...

------------------

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-27-2017 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Yes, we all know what you do.

When you aren't somehow obsessing over muslims, you're the human equivalent of a goddamn popup ad....or a combination of both.

gosh darn it, Now I need to clean my screen again.. judge gives you a solid 10!!
JohnyWalter

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-18-2018 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnyWalterSend a Private Message to JohnyWalterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agree.
Remember when my wife,destroyed my
front wheels on my new car. When trying to park near the shopping center "The best day of my life"
After that, she did not when she did not get behind the wheel of our car
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-18-2018 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are giving women WHAT ????

Ohhhhhh, **** .

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2018 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think some of them have already started driving.....

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2018 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to respect that country. I bet the accident rates go way up.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2018 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theyll have traffic jams now lol

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2018 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

shemdogg

1750 posts
Member since Apr 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR9QUSKYYRA

front wheel drive madness!

shem

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors