Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  This is how America feels about your disrespect... (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This is how America feels about your disrespect... by Tony Kania
Started on: 09-23-2017 10:10 AM
Replies: 411 (6177 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-08-2018 03:07 PM
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2017 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Keel:

So you are claiming if they stopped playing the national anthem these players would not kneel..
Please, please stop, you think we are dumb, They just start kneeling every huddle.. They are entitled over paid brats that still think some are held down,?? yet they got a free ride since high school, and make more in one season than most families will in their life time.. The protest isn't about blacks and police, it is to divide this country and destroy it.. Nothing more, 1st it was a rebel flag, then carved stones, now the anthem, Sorry the **** stops here.. Fools have their wrist in the hornets nest and they are about to really see what being oppressed truly means, if they keep poking that nest.. Blacks might be 13% of the population, but that is all blacks, the race baiting, I'm owed everything % is much smaller, and the hard working,law abiding blacks will not stand in the way as they respect and love this country.. Keep poking.. go ahead..

... Yes... If the national anthem wasn't played, what would they kneel for? They aren't protesting their game, or the NFL.

They're highly skilled people who worked their entire lives for the opportunity to get where they are. Free ride? If you won the lottery tomorrow, would you forget your background? A disproportionate number of these guys grew up in a lower socioeconomic status. They earned their ride up. It wasn't some free ride. And the protest is most definitely about police and Black people. That's what has been said multiple times. Why would they just be kneeling to divide the country?

First the rebel flag? Well, yeah, the rebel flag is a flag of traitors, from a lost war long ago. It was the flag of a group of states that wanted to maintain slavery of Black people. You don't think that sounds racist? Carved stones--you mean statues of Civil War leaders that were erected for the expressed purpose of keeping civil rights down? The statues that celebrated people that fought for slavery?

These thinly veiled threats you're making towards Black people... go ahead, start a race war. See how it works out for you. You sound like a complete lunatic.

IP: Logged
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2017 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

... Yes... If the national anthem wasn't played, what would they kneel for? They aren't protesting their game, or the NFL.

They are protesting OUR flag. Or that is what it turned out to be, but I am not happy with their disrespect of this nations flag. I reserve the right to biatch about them far more than their kneeling against America. Besides unpatriotic, it is borderline treasonous.

They're highly skilled people who worked their entire lives for the opportunity to get where they are. Free ride? If you won the lottery tomorrow, would you forget your background? A disproportionate number of these guys grew up in a lower socioeconomic status. They earned their ride up. It wasn't some free ride. And the protest is most definitely about police and Black people. That's what has been said multiple times. Why would they just be kneeling to divide the country?

First off, the first 6 sentences could 100% be said about me. ALl absolutely true.

Again, blacks kill more blacks than even close to Police kill blacks. Police violence affects whites more. The absolute majority of crimes committed are by only a small percentage of people, and it is not the entire 13% of the black population, but it is the black population that fits entirely into this offender list.

I do not believe for one moment that they are "kneeling to divide the country." They are kneeling because they will not stand for the truth.

First the rebel flag? Well, yeah, the rebel flag is a flag of traitors, from a lost war long ago. It was the flag of a group of states that wanted to maintain slavery of Black people. You don't think that sounds racist? Carved stones--you mean statues of Civil War leaders that were erected for the expressed purpose of keeping civil rights down? The statues that celebrated people that fought for slavery?

Funny how the Rebel Flag had little to no interest to you or others even a few short years ago. Up until the loser shot up a church. Shat, democrats have been using the Rebel Flag for generations as advertisement for political campaigns. You read, use your noggin on this one. Stop tweeting and face booking with "Brad".

These thinly veiled threats you're making towards Black people... go ahead, start a race war. See how it works out for you. You sound like a complete lunatic.

Thinly veiled threats? No one is stating a threat. We have watched blm, antifa, and the democratic party tear this country apart for the past two plus years. Who do you think is doing 99% of the rioting, raping, killing, stealing, and crying that they cannot do more of it? The democratic base, that is who. I stand here free of felonies, and armed. I second your race war, and raise you a shat ton of facts. I know how this will work out for me and my family. You really are a tweet sensitive little flower.

You sound like a complete lunatic threatening US with a race war. How can you not hear the words that you are writing? My gawd man, we are all Americans, but you deem yourself better than me? Pizz off son. You have night club experiences, and are a convicted individual. You worked hard to get where you are, but do not ever look down on me again. Not ever.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2017 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 10-05-2017).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2017 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

...unless you missed it blacks have been try'n to start one for the last 4+ years..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 10-05-2017).]

Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2017 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another person that failed history.. hint the civil war was about state rights not SLAVERY.. Slavery was only one of MANY issues. Sad you think this was the only reason/issue, sadder still is the school system that most likely failed to teach the whole reasoning for going to war..

And yes, on national tv they would kneel in a huddle, as everyone now would know what statement they would be making.. You must think we are all stupid rednecks.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2017 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to think a lot like you Brendan. Used to.

Just good luck people. If facts and history get in the way...

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2017 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another person that failed history.. hint the civil war was about state rights not SLAVERY.. Slavery was only one of MANY issues. Sad you think this was the only reason/issue, sadder still is the school system that most likely failed to teach the whole reasoning for going to war..

And yes, on national tv they would kneel in a huddle, as everyone now would know what statement they would be making.. You must think we are all stupid rednecks.

The Civil War was about State's Rights. One of those rights being slavery. There is no denying the impact of slavery on the Civil War. Quit hiding from that.

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

They are protesting OUR flag. Or that is what it turned out to be, but I am not happy with their disrespect of this nations flag. I reserve the right to biatch about them far more than their kneeling against America. Besides unpatriotic, it is borderline treasonous.

Yes, you have that right! That is not being taken away from you. Don't take away their rights either.

I know what they're protesting. Keel seems to think that it's just to divide the country. It's about the country, so the flag and national anthem are symbols for that and are kneeled for. Yes, if the national anthem quit playing, I bet they would stop kneeling. I don't think they should stop playing the national anthem. I think we should hear the protest and consider the message.

First off, the first 6 sentences could 100% be said about me. ALl absolutely true.

Again, blacks kill more blacks than even close to Police kill blacks. Police violence affects whites more. The absolute majority of crimes committed are by only a small percentage of people, and it is not the entire 13% of the black population, but it is the black population that fits entirely into this offender list.

I do not believe for one moment that they are "kneeling to divide the country." They are kneeling because they will not stand for the truth.

Okay, and you're paid for your efforts, right? Keel seems to think they're just a bunch of spoiled brats that were given a free ride. Would you say you were given a free ride because people pay you for your skill?

They are kneeling for their beliefs on the country. You can decide how valid their ideas are for yourself. I will argue their point, but it's still your decision. And yes, Black people commit a lot of crime! Not doubting that. Doesn't mean police or our justice system should treat them differently.

Funny how the Rebel Flag had little to no interest to you or others even a few short years ago. Up until the loser shot up a church. Shat, democrats have been using the Rebel Flag for generations as advertisement for political campaigns. You read, use your noggin on this one. Stop tweeting and face booking with "Brad".

I still don't care about the rebel flag or the damn statues. But I'm also not going to pretend like defending them is a good thing. Keel wants his symbols that have racist undertones, and doesn't like that they've been threatened lately. That's an issue with him.

I don't have a twitter and I rarely use Facebook. What are you even talking about regarding Brad? I'm not Facebook friends with him.

Thinly veiled threats? No one is stating a threat. We have watched blm, antifa, and the democratic party tear this country apart for the past two plus years. Who do you think is doing 99% of the rioting, raping, killing, stealing, and crying that they cannot do more of it? The democratic base, that is who. I stand here free of felonies, and armed. I second your race war, and raise you a shat ton of facts. I know how this will work out for me and my family. You really are a tweet sensitive little flower.

You sound like a complete lunatic threatening US with a race war. How can you not hear the words that you are writing? My gawd man, we are all Americans, but you deem yourself better than me? Pizz off son. You have night club experiences, and are a convicted individual. You worked hard to get where you are, but do not ever look down on me again. Not ever.

Tony, why are you taking my comment to Keel so personally? I have never thought I was better than you. Seriously, what are you even talking about? Yeah, I have a lot of ****ed up **** in my past. What ever made you think I thought I was better than you? Relax.

Reread Keel's post. He is the one saying people are fed up with the "race baiting" Blacks and they're about to "really see what being oppressed truly means." That's the thinly-veiled threat. I'm not the one trying to start a race war. Keel is.:

Fools have their wrist in the hornets nest and they are about to really see what being oppressed truly means, if they keep poking that nest.. Blacks might be 13% of the population, but that is all blacks, the race baiting, I'm owed everything % is much smaller, and the hard working,law abiding blacks will not stand in the way as they respect and love this country.. Keep poking.. go ahead..

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 10-05-2017).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2017 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Bullshit disrespecting the flag has everything to do with veterans who the **** do you think is standing up for that flag
who do you think's ****ing defending it who the **** do you think is Defending Your Right to stand here and ****ing say it doesn't have anything to do with veterans kiss my ass

Consider that my free speech

I will probly only chime in for this short bit.
That's the thing, I believe the protesters think about it differently. They are protesting what they think is wrong with the country. But that isn't what we see.
That's why I havent talked much about this subject. Both sides are not thinking the same. Whether it is in reality or not, to the listeners its apples and oranges.
If I see the flag as standing for freedom, and for everything good, then I see them disrespecting that.
I assume the kneelers may see the flag as standing for an establishment that they would like to protest maybe because to them there is something wrong with it.
I don't see it that way, In a way, I probably see what the flag represents as static. Even if some citizens are a stain to what it stands for.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-05-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2017 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"They're highly skilled people who worked their entire lives for the opportunity to get where they are. Free ride? If you won the lottery tomorrow, would you forget your background? A disproportionate number of these guys grew up in a lower socioeconomic status. They earned their ride up. It wasn't some free ride"

Youre joking right. That all is the biggest pile of crap I ever heard. 95% of them DID get a free ride. What most didnt get for free somewhere, they stole off of others. Yes most came from lower social status. They only got to NFL or NBA because they could run, knock people down or throw a ball. Thats not a skill...thats just repetitive practice. Most cant even talk intelligible english. It does also seem theyre very well skilled in women abuse. A couple of OSU players just recently were kicked off teams for raping innocent women. So there very skilled at breaking laws and rules. Rape, robbery, burglary, weapons, DUI, drugs all take a great deal of skill. In college...on scholarships for sports, most dont even attend a class and get passing grades so they can stay on that team scholarship.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 10-06-2017).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-06-2017 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kaperturd is still unemployed. Even after teams gobbled up lesser rated QBs.

And, how are those dipping ratings feel fellas? At this rate there may not be enough ticket sale money to buy that new Range that their girlfriends are asking for in return to keep those "videos out da papers."
rennaizxance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rennaizxanceSend a Private Message to rennaizxanceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you are claiming if they stopped playing the national anthem these players would not kneel..
Please, please stop, you think we are dumb, They just start kneeling every huddle.. They are entitled over paid brats that still think some are held down,?? yet they got a free ride since high school, and make more in one season than most families will in their life time.. The protest isn't about blacks and police, it is to divide this country and destroy it.. Nothing more, 1st it was a rebel flag, then carved stones, now the anthem, Sorry the **** stops here.. Fools have their wrist in the hornets nest and they are about to really see what being oppressed truly means, if they keep poking that nest.. Blacks might be 13% of the population, but that is all blacks, the race baiting, I'm owed everything % is much smaller, and the hard working,law abiding blacks will not stand in the way as they respect and love this country.. Keep poking.. go ahead..

I highlighted a section for emphasis. The free ride discussion is a bit lower in this post, but outside of that this statement seems to suggest that those that were successful have no room to talk because they were successful. Outside of the fact that this says that no one who has found success in this country can comment on the stuff they encountered/experienced/noticed on their way to the top, it trivializes the points that they are making. When (then) candidate Donald Trump made the point that some Americans had been forgotten and those that had previously worked in the steel mills and coal mines were being left out of conversations and forgotten there was not an outcry from you all that he should keep quiet because he's a successful businessman. When he discusses those people now as President Donald Trump, the response is not "he's an entitled over paid brat that still thinks some are are held down, yet he got a free ride since birth" because that does not address that there are actual problems that need to be solved. In the same vein I believe we should take the arguments that are being made seriously and seriously investigate them.

Emphasized a portion that I think is a part of the problem as seen from those on the other side. The protest began to call attention to what they felt were injustices in the law enforcement system. Those responding to it have chosen to skip over their intent and continue to focus on something else. This is likely why this protest hasn't ended already. People are so busy debating the action itself and labeling it what they want it to be that they have not actually had a serious discussion about why the protest exists. I do not believe outrage at their actions while not discussing the roots of their protest will improve the situation or give them reason to end the protest.

http://www.thestate.com/new...article13917458.html
https://qz.com/446005/these...nct-t-shirt-company/

That's just two quick articles that discuss protests that started well before the recent events. The point being that protests about the flag and other confederate symbols are hardly new. For the most part they have been hushed down in many areas around the country until recently. In some respects many considered the shooting to be the catalyst that proved the point that people had been trying to make for decades. It provided unequivocal proof that some people used that flag as a symbol of hate and carried those ideals with that flag (as those who protested/demonstrated/boycotted/etc. about that flag argued) rather than just holding onto it as a piece of heritage (one of the common arguments they encountered).

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

"They're highly skilled people who worked their entire lives for the opportunity to get where they are. Free ride? If you won the lottery tomorrow, would you forget your background? A disproportionate number of these guys grew up in a lower socioeconomic status. They earned their ride up. It wasn't some free ride"

Youre joking right. That all is the biggest pile of crap I ever heard. 95% of them DID get a free ride. What most didnt get for free somewhere, they stole off of others. Yes most came from lower social status. They only got to NFL or NBA because they could run, knock people down or throw a ball. Thats not a skill...thats just repetitive practice. Most cant even talk intelligible english. It does also seem theyre very well skilled in women abuse. A couple of OSU players just recently were kicked off teams for raping innocent women. So there very skilled at breaking laws and rules. Rape, robbery, burglary, weapons, DUI, drugs all take a great deal of skill. In college...on scholarships for sports, most dont even attend a class and get passing grades so they can stay on that team scholarship.

You seem to be skipping over much of what they have to do entirely and generalizing an entire group of athletes. First, let's tackle the "free ride" argument starting with this graphic:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
What that roughly translates to is that roughly 6.5% of students that play high school football ever get onto a team in college. It's not just a matter of being "good enough" there are also a high number of other qualifications that they must meet. If you happen to make it to that level, once you're in the NCAA level the odds get smaller. That's narrowing it down to only ~1.5% of those that made it to the collegiate level actually making it to the NFL. By the numbers listed there that makes it a staggering 0.082% of high school seniors that make it to a team on draft day. I can assure you that "free ride" isn't what's going on here. Those players are selected because they are some of the absolute best in the entire world at what they do.
To break this down further, let's look at a collegiate athlete's schedule.
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thu...Daily_Schedule.0.jpg
This is just one released schedule that the school uses as a recruiting tool.
http://www.businessinsider....ek-practicing-2015-1
That's a more in depth study that took a look into the "paper classes" where athletes didn't have to do much to earn a grade and found that when self reporting athletes put their time in practice/sports activities at over 40 hours a week. Even the NCAA's own report showed an average of 5.9 hours a day just for sports. Combine that with their other activities related to schoolwork and then you get a much clearer picture. Mind you they have to do this for years, typically 3-4, without pay, with no guarantee of moving to the next level, while also juggling the rest of their responsibilities. That's just the work they have to put in to be eligible for the NFL, not even to get in.
All of that is just the setup for them to potentially have a shot at the top spot in their league. That's to say nothing of the complexity of modern offensive and defensive schemes. If you'd really like to get into the minutia of that I can spend some time on it, but suffice it to say that Tom Brady's/Cam Newton's/DeShaun Watson's/Peyton Manning's ability to "throw the ball" isn't why they are paid what they is paid. It's the way their minds work and how they reads complex defenses and breaks those defensive schemes down to make the right decisions. The premier defenders get paid to react to those adjustments and make their own adjustments. The thing I compare modern football to is a game of chess where each side gets to move all the pieces on the board at once, and also both players move at the same time, and also they only get 40 seconds between each move to set up their next move.

I highlighted a section that I don't understand as a reasonable argument. Almost every skill in the world involves repetition to improve ability. Can you provide a list of skills as you see them that require no repetition to be among the absolute best?

As a general comment to those who find kneeling during the anthem offensive, did you have the same reaction to those flying the Nazi flag in Charlottesville recently? If so, why isn't that more of a discussion when people are flying an enemy flag within our country? The Confederate flag at least has some history in this country. I don't personally agree with flying it, but there's enough historical context there that I can understand if people flying that flag does not trigger the same kind of response. Can you explain why kneeling during the anthem is more offensive than flying the Nazi flag?

[This message has been edited by rennaizxance (edited 10-09-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2017 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 10-07-2017).]

Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2017 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Civil War was about State's Rights. One of those rights being slavery. There is no denying the impact of slavery on the Civil War. Quit hiding from that.

How was I "hiding from" when I said it was one of many..CAN YOU READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. WHY ARE YOU ONLY HUNG UP ON THAT ONE ISSUE OF THE WAR??????? and why are people still butthurt 100+ years later..?? only group of people that have never been slaves that still butthurt anbout it, You don't see poles/Irish/ital./English/etc still cry'n about it. and they had more slaves in their countries history.. I KNOW YOU MIGHT NEED A SAFE SPACE AFTER THIS
but **** it.. You never picked cotton as a slave and no whites alive today owned any slaves.. GET THE PHUCK OVER IT ALREADY...

[This message has been edited by Keel (edited 10-07-2017).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2017 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stand for my beliefs.

I truly do wish all a good day.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They only got to NFL or NBA because they could run, knock people down or throw a ball. Thats not a skill...thats just repetitive practice.

... What do you think skill is?

Originally posted by 2.5:

I will probly only chime in for this short bit.
That's the thing, I believe the protesters think about it differently. They are protesting what they think is wrong with the country. But that isn't what we see.
That's why I havent talked much about this subject. Both sides are not thinking the same. Whether it is in reality or not, to the listeners its apples and oranges.
If I see the flag as standing for freedom, and for everything good, then I see them disrespecting that.
I assume the kneelers may see the flag as standing for an establishment that they would like to protest maybe because to them there is something wrong with it.
I don't see it that way, In a way, I probably see what the flag represents as static. Even if some citizens are a stain to what it stands for.

I am glad you can see another perspective. Yes, it is viewed differently, that's why there is no disrespect towards the military or veterans intended at all. The flag means different things to different people. To some, they will remember seeing it every morning and going through a ritual. They will remember fighting with it on their arm. They will likely associate that time to the flag. Others will remember family and friends doing the same, and will associate it with the same. Others will associate it with the nation in a broader sense. Both those who fought and those who didn't.

How was I "hiding from" when I said it was one of many..CAN YOU READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. WHY ARE YOU ONLY HUNG UP ON THAT ONE ISSUE OF THE WAR??????? and why are people still butthurt 100+ years later..?? only group of people that have never been slaves that still butthurt anbout it, You don't see poles/Irish/ital./English/etc still cry'n about it. and they had more slaves in their countries history.. I KNOW YOU MIGHT NEED A SAFE SPACE AFTER THIS
but **** it.. You never picked cotton as a slave and no whites alive today owned any slaves.. GET THE PHUCK OVER IT ALREADY...

The people you listed are White and didn't still have fewer rights 50-60 years ago. People are still alive today that had to use separate restrooms. Really think about that. You want people to respect your rebel flag, the flag of traitors to this nation, who were defeated in war, and who stood up for slavery. Then you moan and cry when someone kneels when our flag is displayed. So you support a flag of traitors... who fought against our nation... but don't want people kneeling at that same nation's flag?

I stand for my beliefs.

I truly do wish all a good day.

Tony, I'm still very confused at your last comment towards me. Why do you think I think I am better than you? When have I hinted at that?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2017 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony, I'm still very confused at your last comment towards me. Why do you think I think I am better than you? When have I hinted at that?

I know that I bypassed this question. I still will. I do not wish to argue with you. I do not think that you deserve that.

I apologize for letting my feelings enter. I do not want to deter you from speaking your mind.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know that I bypassed this question. I still will. I do not wish to argue with you. I do not think that you deserve that.

I apologize for letting my feelings enter. I do not want to deter you from speaking your mind.

Alright, no problem at all. Thanks for addressing it.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.washingtonexamin...n-31/article/2636837

This speaks volumes about how most Americans feel about this protest.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

I sincerely hope that life is never discovered on another planet because, sure as hell Progressives and Socialists will want to send them money.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

http://www.washingtonexamin...n-31/article/2636837

This speaks volumes about how most Americans feel about this protest.

If most Americans agreed with the protestors, they probably wouldn't need to protest in the first place.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2017 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If protestors would only follow the laws, then perhaps they would be taken seriously?

I am all for legal protests. Do your thing. Just do NOT impede me in any way. Your right to protest should not infringe upon any of my rights.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If most Americans agreed with the protestors, they probably wouldn't need to protest in the first place.

Won't suggest how Americans feel about the Protestors issues but, this poll (if it can be believed) definitely shows how Americans feel about the form of protest.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

I sincerely hope that life is never discovered on another planet because, sure as hell Progressives and Socialists will want to send them money.

PFF
System Bot
Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2017 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The people you listed are White and didn't still have fewer rights 50-60 years ago. People are still alive today that had to use separate restrooms. Really think about that. You want people to respect your rebel flag, the flag of traitors to this nation, who were defeated in war, and who stood up for slavery. Then you moan and cry when someone kneels when our flag is displayed. So you support a flag of traitors... who fought against our nation... but don't want people kneeling at that same nation's flag?

You failed school didn't you.!!

So you think white slaves had rights?? GTFO +
AGAIN ONLY BLACKS THAT WERE NEVER SLAVES STILL BUTT HURT OVER IT 100+ YEARS LATER. NOT ONE OF these snowflakes had to deal with any thing that happened in the 60-70"s as they were not even born..

My family came from being slaves, we don't still complain about it, as it was in the past, generations ago.. No one is held back in this country that wants to put in the effort.. Sorry your not held down if you blew off school and failed, that is that persons fault.. They caused their own problems.. no one else..

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If protestors would only follow the laws, then perhaps they would be taken seriously?

I am all for legal protests. Do your thing. Just do NOT impede me in any way. Your right to protest should not infringe upon any of my rights.

That's why I support the kneeling. Because it's effective and it isn't infringing on anyone else! It's a very good tactic. I do not support riots.

Won't suggest how Americans feel about the Protestors issues but, this poll (if it can be believed) definitely shows how Americans feel about the form of protest.

Yes, the wide variety of Americans are all going to have different opinions on it. No surprise at all. This group of veterans kneels in solidarity: http://fox40.com/2017/10/03...th-other-protesters/

You failed school didn't you.!!

So you think white slaves had rights?? GTFO +
AGAIN ONLY BLACKS THAT WERE NEVER SLAVES STILL BUTT HURT OVER IT 100+ YEARS LATER. NOT ONE OF these snowflakes had to deal with any thing that happened in the 60-70"s as they were not even born..

My family came from being slaves, we don't still complain about it, as it was in the past, generations ago.. No one is held back in this country that wants to put in the effort.. Sorry your not held down if you blew off school and failed, that is that persons fault.. They caused their own problems.. no one else..

Your reading comprehension is terrible.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, the wide variety of Americans are all going to have different opinions on it. No surprise at all. This group of veterans kneels in solidarity: http://fox40.com/2017/10/03...th-other-protesters/

Indeed, a very small (miniscule) group. There will always be a few............

------------------
Ron

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2017 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Yes, the wide variety of Americans are all going to have different opinions on it. No surprise at all. This group of veterans kneels in solidarity:" http://fox40.com/2017/10/03...h-other-protesters/

I do understand that you do not condone riots.

I watched the FOX news video. For starters, those that knelled looked like neighbors that I would not want to live next to. Even the Major had her own way of giving me the creeps. Just MY observation. Not throwing any member here under the bus.

Edit: Not denying rights. Just trying to process the disrespect.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 10-08-2017).]

Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2017 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's why I support the kneeling. Because it's effective and it isn't infringing on anyone else! It's a very good tactic. I do not support riots.

You call pissing on the graves of those that did fight for your freedom and those vets still alive and those serving a good tactic.. YOU ARE A FOOL!!!!!!!!!!(and I'm being kind!!!!!)
Anyone that thinks this was a okay, does not respect this country and needs to find one they be more happy in.. Say maybe one of the Afican countries that still sell your ass as a slave today, maybe that make you feel wanted.. another ungreatful entitles __________________
/end thread.
**** you that's why

[This message has been edited by Keel (edited 10-08-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rennaizxance:

I dont know where you got my statement that your 'quoting' because I didnt say any of it. Your quoting someone else or making it up.

Now heres something you CAN quote me on. I didnt see any pics of a Nazi flag flying at Charlottesville...but thats no different than BLMs symbol flying. BLM is the worst hate group there is besides ISIS. Its all about that 'free speech' you stupid liberals keep harping about. White supremacists all have the same rights as BLM and AntiFas have. If you dont agree with any of them, ignore them. I give BLM and AntiFa the same respect I do for my turds I flush down the toilet.

As for college athletes and their class schedule. I only know about OSU and from what I get from others and the local news. I personally know several X football players from there. They did very little classwork, and took classes that were very simple. I know someone who also did required papers some of them turned in as theirs. One player got DUIs and kicked off, one went to jail for armed robbery, illegal gambling, a few were in a scheme to get free tattoos and drugs in exchange for team memorabilia, 2 went to court for abuse to gf/wife, 2 were arrested for rape. Ya there all respected members of the student population. Thats not to even mention things like getting free stuff like new cars for themselves and their families (against college rules). I know one who got a free high priced home and 3 new vehicles for his stay. Most of those were on scholarships/free rides. Only one out of all of them has anything respectable going for him...hes a local used car salesman...hardly a college degree required profession. You think whatever you want, and Ill go with my own idea that theyre all worthless free riders without enough smarts to use that scholarship to improve themselves. The only improvement they make going to NFL, if they do, is get a fatter wallet to party with. Most quit, retire, or get kicked out broke with no worthwhile skill.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 10-08-2017).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump: I am 'proud' of Pence for leaving the Colts game

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sp...d=spartanntp&ffid=gz

President Trump on Sunday praised Vice President Mike Pence for walking out of the Indianapolis Colts game after several San Francisco 49ers kneeled during the national anthem.

Pence was expected to attend the Colts game Sunday, but tweeted that he left in response to the kneeling players.
"I left today's Colts game because President Trump and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem," Pence said in a statement.

"At a time when so many Americans are inspiring our nation with their courage, resolve, and resilience, now, more than ever, we should rally around our Flag and everything that unites us."

Pence said he stands with Trump and will "always stand for our Flag and our National Anthem."

President Trump spurred controversy last month when he attacked NFL players who kneel during the national anthem.

Since Trump's comments, several players have kneeled when the anthem plays ahead of their games.

------------------
Ron

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2017 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just read an article that claimed "Mike Pence disrespected the game today."

Bizzarro world.
rennaizxance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rennaizxanceSend a Private Message to rennaizxanceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dont know where you got my statement that your 'quoting' because I didnt say any of it. Your quoting someone else or making it up.

Now heres something you CAN quote me on. I didnt see any pics of a Nazi flag flying at Charlottesville...but thats no different than BLMs symbol flying. BLM is the worst hate group there is besides ISIS. Its all about that 'free speech' you stupid liberals keep harping about. White supremacists all have the same rights as BLM and AntiFas have. If you dont agree with any of them, ignore them. I give BLM and AntiFa the same respect I do for my turds I flush down the toilet.

As for college athletes and their class schedule. I only know about OSU and from what I get from others and the local news. I personally know several X football players from there. They did very little classwork, and took classes that were very simple. I know someone who also did required papers some of them turned in as theirs. One player got DUIs and kicked off, one went to jail for armed robbery, illegal gambling, a few were in a scheme to get free tattoos and drugs in exchange for team memorabilia, 2 went to court for abuse to gf/wife, 2 were arrested for rape. Ya there all respected members of the student population. Thats not to even mention things like getting free stuff like new cars for themselves and their families (against college rules). I know one who got a free high priced home and 3 new vehicles for his stay. Most of those were on scholarships/free rides. Only one out of all of them has anything respectable going for him...hes a local used car salesman...hardly a college degree required profession. You think whatever you want, and Ill go with my own idea that theyre all worthless free riders without enough smarts to use that scholarship to improve themselves. The only improvement they make going to NFL, if they do, is get a fatter wallet to party with. Most quit, retire, or get kicked out broke with no worthwhile skill.

First off, an apology to you. I was copying a lot of posts and that one got mixed up. It was a quote from Tony earlier in the thread. I've fixed up the original post there so that I'm not attributing anything to you that isn't your word.

For your quote here I'll start with an image from that weekend.

I strongly disagree that BLM falls into the same category as flying the Nazi flag on the basis of what they represent in this country. The Nazis are a literal wartime enemy of the country who saw to the systematic execution of millions of people to suit their ideals. BLM doesn't not have a squeaky clean track record and they've done things from questionable down to outright illegal, but they are not at the same level of Nazis as to what they represent to this country. As for them being the worst hate group next to ISIS, there are statistics that would disagree with you, but that is an opinion that I don't know how to generate meaningful discussion from at this time.

As to the comment about Free Speech: I need more context to place the response fully for that one. If that is just a continuation of your comments about BLM/Antifa then I agree that they have a right to freely express themselves in public venues. If instead that is intended to be a response to my query about the different responses between kneeling for the anthem and flying the Nazi flag, then I'm not certain how that answers the question. I would assume that if that is an answer to that question then you're saying that the reason that flying the Nazi flag is not generating the same response is because it is a matter of freedom of speech. I don't understand how that does not apply to kneeling and also how it not applying allows for the feeling of disrespect from one and not the other. So please correct me if I'm wrong or if I'm missed something in your response.

You won't ever hear me argue that all college athletes are shining examples of role models for everyone to look after. I'm very well aware that some of them run into trouble in various forms throughout their tenure. The original point that I responded to was your comment that they are given a free ride. The study that I linked discussed the aspect that you bring up here, i.e. easy classes that they have to do minimal work to pass. Part of the conclusion there was that players felt the need to do classes like those because of the workload for sports. I'll concede the point that they are given a pass on some of the coursework. If that's the argument that you want to make there's more than enough evidence to state that at most big universities there are systems set up so that these guys don't have to do as much in the classroom. But the free ride comment suggests that they instead get to just sit around and do nothing with that time rather than the hectic schedule that they actually have to adhere to. To draw a metaphor I'd compare it to an All-Electric car only HOV lane, sure you get to skip some of the traffic some time, but that doesn't mean that you didn't have to pay for the car or deal with the other woes of all electric car ownership.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It appears you're getting something close to your wish. Based on a little research, it seems the networks are not showing the protests and the playing of the national anthem. I assume this is to bring those of us who are offended by the protest back as viewers. May work for some, may not.

But, by not showing the protest, are the networks being racist? They also have a right to protect their interests. Big dollars are at stake, advertisers are concerned about spending big bucks on advertising that are not being seen by viewers. We'll see how this plays out.

Being a KC Chiefs fan, I was hoping to watch last night's game. I did view it while scanning the internet to determine whether or not there was any protest. Upon learning that some players did in fact kneel during the anthem (though it was not shown on TV), I promptly changed the channel. I also have a right to protest, this is my way of telling the NFL players what I think of them. I may be a Chiefs fan but, I don't need them nearly as much as they need their fans. Anyone even care what this protest was all about? Their message has been lost in the protest. They should have found a different path.

As someone else said of Kapernick, he just isn't worth the circus he brings with him. Hopefully, this will also apply to all the protestors.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-09-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It appears you're getting something close to your wish.

I don't think they should stop playing the national anthem. I think we should hear the protest and consider the message.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

theBDub

9688 posts
Member since May 2010

You call pissing on the graves of those that did fight for your freedom and those vets still alive and those serving a good tactic.. YOU ARE A FOOL!!!!!!!!!!(and I'm being kind!!!!!)
Anyone that thinks this was a okay, does not respect this country and needs to find one they be more happy in.. Say maybe one of the Afican countries that still sell your ass as a slave today, maybe that make you feel wanted.. another ungreatful entitles __________________
/end thread.
**** you that's why

"another ungreatful (sic) entitles (sic) ______"

Another what, exactly? Finish your thought. I'm curious what word you wanted to use that you didn't include, even though you had no problem saying "**** you."
Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2017 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"another ungreatful (sic) entitles (sic) ______"

Another what, exactly? Finish your thought. I'm curious what word you wanted to use that you didn't include, even though you had no problem saying "**** you."

^^ see it blocks it, here it was @$$HOLE
what did you think it was..??

<edit> hours later and still crickets from dubster, come on post what you though the fill in the blank was.. or you shy now that your automatic racist mind went to a word that is a slur depending on the users skin tone..

[This message has been edited by Keel (edited 10-09-2017).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"I know this, we cannot ... in the NFL in any way give the implication that we tolerate disrespecting the flag," he said following the Cowboys’ 35-31 loss to the Green Bay Packers. "We know that there is a serious debate in this country about those issues, but there is no question in my mind that the National Football League and the Dallas Cowboys are going to stand up for the flag. So we're clear."
http://www.foxnews.com/spor...or-sit-for-game.html

Jerry got the message the fans are sending. His wallet is being effected.............

I think Jerry is beginning to understand that just because you can doesn't mean you should. When the insult is so great that the original intent of the message is lost, one should consider doing something else. Kapernick is now unemployed, others may follow. If the message is that important to them, so be it. These players are entertainers, they get paid to perform and please their fans. Maybe they should reconsider what and how they do that. If I don't enjoy a show, I'm sure as hell not going back to watch them insult me or my country. It's all about their rights and my rights. I don't need them, they need their fans. Their message has been lost in this protest. They should have taken a different path.

------------------
Ron

Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2017 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think even if they stop, it is to late everyone will know they only stopped because of the almighty dollar..
Screw them I'll send the money I'd normally spend a season to a vet. cause instead..
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rennaizxance:

I strongly disagree that BLM falls into the same category as flying the Nazi flag on the basis of what they represent in this country. The Nazis are a literal wartime enemy of the country who saw to the systematic execution of millions of people to suit their ideals. BLM doesn't not have a squeaky clean track record and they've done things from questionable down to outright illegal, but they are not at the same level of Nazis as to what they represent to this country. As for them being the worst hate group next to ISIS, there are statistics that would disagree with you, but that is an opinion that I don't know how to generate meaningful discussion from at this time.

Hmmmmmm, comments like "Doesn't have a squeaky clean track record", and "done things from questionable to outright illegal" sound like some guy zipping around the interstate at 140MPH, not the criminal thugs that they are.

Would you like to rephrase?

BTW, the 1930 Nazis weren't the 1940 Nazis.

Since BLM's stated goal is overturning the Constitution do you think that validating their message now is going to change that goal in ten years? If you do, search "Neville Chamberlain" and then get back to us.

Next, if they did get stronger over the next ten year period, as the Nazis did, do you think it would end well for them? Before you answer, recall that we don't have and never will have the zealous gun control that Germany had in the '30's.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2017 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything is a joke, acting, or made up with you liberals.

I use the mad emoji because it is frustrating. It is mental abuse for me to have to weed through absolute fake shat to come up with true history and facts. The liberal left are the OG snowflakes, yet your mental capacity is just "neener, neener, neener." Can we not work with truths to rid our political system of ALL the real jokers?

Fake is how I see you ...

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

recall that we don't have and never will have the zealous gun control that Germany had in the '30's.

Lets hope.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know how I feel.
As for the NFL didn't care about it before and don't care now. I don't watch football think its kind of silly game but that's my choice.
As for the rest of the country I believe they are taking a stance and the ratings show it.
Lets see how long they continue.
This is a business after all.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay