Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Why do people watch ''reaction'' videos?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Why do people watch ''reaction'' videos? by TheDigitalAlchemist
Started on: 09-11-2017 01:10 PM
Replies: 14 (323 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 09-15-2017 02:01 AM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not the ones where they show something to a bunch of old folks or young folks or whatever something something... I mean the ones where someone is yelling out stuff while they are watching something...

I just don't get it at all.

jump in like a minute or so...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS9yz7gHMAM

Or jump in at any point of this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZNKo8Nmrcw

I just don't get it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: I misread your post, I agree, if it's not the fine brothers format, I find it hard to watch.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 09-11-2017).]

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Validation. I like this, let's see how many of these other people like it to. Or I don't like this and so on.

At least that's my guess.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Snowflakes ****tards don't have anything better to do.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Why do people watch ''reaction'' videos?

I just don't get it at all.

You've been watching GM's latest TV ad campaign, haven't you? That's the entire concept it's built on. (It's like the actors have never seen a car or truck before.)

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 09-13-2017).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ones I DO like are the "Hitler learns XXXXX" videos. Some are really funny!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the ones where people taste different cultures, but I have to be really bored.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ones I'm referring to are just people watching a show and yelling.

Reminds me of the 'crazies' on the train.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most internet forum threads are nothing more than reaction threads of the same nature.
Enable everything in OT filters and you'll see a butt load of them.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2017 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something kind of like this:
I was at home a day doing projects around the house recently. While we sat to eat a sandwich, wife and I flipped on the tv. There were these daytime shows, with hosts, some cooking shows, talk shows of some sort etc.

I said this stuff is like sesame street for adults.

Overreacting toeverything, ohhh ahhh like they have never seen all these everyday things before, ahhh what do we have over here a bowl? Woooo, hey bobby what do you do with bowls? ..Oh I like to put the ingredients in and then...."then what?" says the other person, ...then, then I have fun stiring the ingredients...woooooo!

It is insanely stupefied.

The Stupification of the population?

On top of that all the commercials are sue this person, sue that doctor, sue this drug maker, you need this drug, you can get free gov money...etc.....

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-14-2017).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2017 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I said this stuff is like sesame street for adults.

Nice observation, and a nice way to put it...

There was a thing I read about this - how the past 15 years or so, there are all these mental "comfort food" stations, (more then there ever were before)

Retro TV shows, old game shows, low-stress casual cooking stuff, just put it on and sit there and feel safe and warm...

There's still "regular" TV, reality TV, etc, but there was an intentional effort made to create "soothing" content.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2017 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why react when someone else can do it for you?

We will be just gelatinous puddles in a few short centuries.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2017 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Validation. I like this, let's see how many of these other people like it to. Or I don't like this and so on.

At least that's my guess.

I'll bet this is a lot of it.

There is a lot of seemingly pointless stuff on the internet, and Youtube in particular, but for everything out there, there are some who really want to see it.
This morning, I watched a 20 minute video of a lady talking about 45rpm records. I found it fascinating, but I'm sure many would have been bored to tears in a minute and a half. I learned why the Roy Rogers record I had as a small child in the '50s was yellow.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2017 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

There is a lot of seemingly pointless stuff on the internet, and Youtube in particular,

That is the inevitable result of every moron in the land now having easy access to a video camera, (cell phone), and an internet connection.

It isn't unlike watching chimpanzees "paint"

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-14-2017).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2017 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Nice observation, and a nice way to put it...

There was a thing I read about this - how the past 15 years or so, there are all these mental "comfort food" stations, (more then there ever were before)

Retro TV shows, old game shows, low-stress casual cooking stuff, just put it on and sit there and feel safe and warm...

There's still "regular" TV, reality TV, etc, but there was an intentional effort made to create "soothing" content.

This is done to keep from "triggering" anyone...it provides those who need it with a 'safe space'.
(I'm surprised the TV ratings system hasn't cooked up a "safe space" rating already)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock