Started on: 09-07-2017 01:33 PM
Replies: 3 (143 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 09-10-2017 12:07 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2017 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Goodwill here in town is looking for an online sales guy. Its not huge pay but it gets me off of contract work and puts an end to the scrambling to find the next job.

The competition for it is pretty stiff, but I've got 3 friends who work there and are giving me recommendations. Plus they do some great stuff and help a lot of people. Its in a different location than the one across the street, but walking out the door and taking a 90-second walk to get to work would be TOO much to hope for. As it is, its still only 20 minutes and a lot closer than the university.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2017 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were you not a pilot?

If you wallow in the gutter...
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2017 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awful organization... A jobs a job though. A side note Mike. I've seen your post you're hardly computer savvy and abrasive to the point I doubt you're much of a salesman. I don't have any ill, but I'd hire you for neither. Probably not at all given I have the inside track of how you supposedly think of employees. This as a guy who has hired, managed, and employeed a rather large number of folks in varying capavities.
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-10-2017 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Awful organization... A jobs a job though. A side note Mike. I've seen your post you're hardly computer savvy and abrasive to the point I doubt you're much of a salesman. I don't have any ill, but I'd hire you for neither. Probably not at all given I have the inside track of how you supposedly think of employees. This as a guy who has hired, managed, and employeed a rather large number of folks in varying capavities.

What do ya mean I'm not a ****ing people person ? I get along with people just fine,.....apart from religions and libs and migrants, and feminists, idiots, and....Yeh, OK So maybe I don't get along great with everybody

Here is one I am dealing with right now. A couple months ago a guy I know offered to rent me some space in his garage to build a couple bikes for re-sale. He was working on some articulated 4-wheel electric thing so it sounded good. A block away, we can pick each others brains and we both have different tools that could come in handy. I wasn't there for about a week and when I got back found he had my bike ripped apart, completely. I told him I needed it put back together, leave the body off since that's all I was replacing on this one. Make it look new to sell, not actually do any real work to it. Another week and my frame has been cut and modified and drilled and is in the process of of being assimilated into his 4-wheeler. I told him OK, I paid $275 for that one so you can just buy it off me for that since you have completely taken it over for your own project. 2 months later and I've never seen the cash or the bike back together, and I never will. You can guess how "abrasive" I am about that one . To add insult to injury he got all pissy because I packed up my tools when I went home and wont help him with his project.

The computer-bit isn't all that difficult for this setup. Basically they have the kijiji, e-bay, craigslist ect account already in place so its just a matter of researching the item's value, taking some pictures and putting up the posting. Its actually no different than the buying and selling I already do when the chance arises. From what my buddies that work there have told me THATS why the competition is stiff, the university and college are just getting back in swing and this is something right up a lot of students ally.

Its true I have taken some pretty big bites not out of employers, but rather corporate criminals who should never have had staff in the first place. My view is still the same, and thats if you don't like the labor or heath-and-safety laws of Ontario or the legal rights of your stuff, then take your little company to another province or state. I'm a bit of a hard-ass on the stance. Being as big as they are, I dont THINK it should be an issue, but ya never know. There is only one way to find out If they are I can always add another notch to my belt.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock