Cartoon of the world around us.. by Keel
Started on: 09-05-2017 01:49 AM
Replies: 3 (180 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 09-05-2017 11:37 AM
Keel

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2017 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2017 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will listen to it later when I has some headphone thingies.

Original version:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VASywEuqFd8
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2017 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My great granddaughter had her first cell phone before she even got into school. Personally I think it can be very damaging to a young still forming mind.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2017 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

My great granddaughter had her first cell phone before she even got into school. Personally I think it can be very damaging to a young still forming mind.

Every one is different (maybe)

But for the few times I've given devices to my son, I've seen SERIOUS changes occur every time he's been "exposed to this crap" (especially YOUTUBE).

There was a period of time when we were literally living in a hospital 23/7, and he had an ipad. He learned his 50 states (an app) , but also did a ton of crap.

Khan Academy is decent at teaching concepts, there ARE "Good" APPS and software, but TONS of things that aren't going to help a kid develop into a "healthy" adult.

It got to the point that I warned him that one final, last time, and then he took it further as any addict would, so I took his ipad and showed him that it's possible to "fold it" (into the corner of two walls).

It earned me some short-term resentment, and a new "respect my rules, or ELSE".

better now he learns this, than years later when he fails outta college or gets divorced (or whatever)

I know quite a few "kids" that are pretty much effed now because of YouTube videos.

This is NOT "something that every generation faces". This is not equivalent to "daytime cartoons" and video games. etc...

maybe the same "brainwashing" approach, but a MUCH more effective medium/vector.

-------------------

I hate how many people I encounter on a daily basis, but now, I no longer feel "bad" for them.

I have had enough.

I now "guide" them into poles. and walls. and try to go through non-existent subway trunstyles. make them collide with other "phone zombies".

PAIN IS AN EFFECTIVE TEACHER.

Guy gets stabbed in the middle of Columbus Circle the other day, and no one records the guy running away? too busy on their phones doing mindless dumbsh*t BS...

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 09-05-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock