Started on: 09-02-2017 03:52 AM
Replies: 4 (130 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 09-02-2017 09:38 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
“St. James Infirmary” is a traditional Dixieland dirge. The lyrics are based on an old English folk song named “The Unfortunate Rake”.

This is my take. I am playing the acoustic guitar, electric bass, banjo, electric fiddle, clarinet and singing. The drums are synthesized.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can we even say "Dixieland" anymore?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Can we even say "Dixieland" anymore?

I just did!
Some would prefer that we say, "New Orleans Jazz". Some think that the banjo itself is racist. Some can go to hell.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like your version. But, it reminded me of a new group that I have fallen in love with. They take new songs and do them as if they were in a different genre.

https://youtu.be/sB6HY8r983c
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

I like your version. But, it reminded me of a new group that I have fallen in love with. They take new songs and do them as if they were in a different genre.

https://youtu.be/sB6HY8r983c

PMJ is OUTSTANDING!!
Especially with Morgan James! Probably one of the top three female vocalists I have ever heard in my entire life.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock