Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Mattis freezes transgender policy; allows troops to continue serving, pending study

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Mattis freezes transgender policy; allows troops to continue serving, pending study by Threedog
Started on: 08-30-2017 07:38 AM
Replies: 33 (487 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 09-03-2017 07:34 AM
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.usatoday.com/st...ing-study/614711001/

Even more proof that Donald was lying when he said he "talked with his generals" about banning trans individuals. Policy based on emotion and parinoia, not fact.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Linky no worky for me....
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump's memorandum to the military was to halt the acceptance of new recruits who label their application as 'transgender' and to halt any military spending on sexual reassignment surgery unless the process and procedure was already underway.

No where did Trump ever say that current transgender military personnel couldn't serve. Only new recruits.

So ThreeDog, once again you and the left always have no idea what you are talking about and you never use the truth.

What the left is hiding, (more like they don't really know about) is that the whole issue of "transgender' serving in the military has nothing to do with people being transgenderphobes.

As always, especially ThreeDog leftist types, find ways to exploit taxpayers funds for their own personal use.

People who are transgender are abusing the military system to exploit the generosity of the medical system to get very expensive sexual reassignment surgeries on the backs of the American Taxpayers.

So let's say ThreeDog is a tranny and wants to be a woman. Knowing that sexual reassignments can cost around $250,000 and is considered 'elective' surgery in the civilian world of insurance.

If ThreeDog lives on welfare and in a trailer park smoking pot all the time in some burb of Colorado, living with his parents, how can he become a woman?

Join the military. Soon as you do, claim that you need reassignment surgery so Uncle Sam will pay for it and then be out for 6+ months on disability leave while you are recovering from the surgery, then when you are forced to come back, the reassignment surgery will put you on light easy duty for the remainder of your service term.

Remember that billions upon billions of dollars are stolen, abused and exploited by people from the taxpayers all the time. The free transgender surgery issue could be the same.

Mattis and the panel is looking into it.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 08-30-2017).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excuse me. I had an idea, about that link to the report in USA Today, but there is something that blocks getting to that report directly from here.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-30-2017).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm all about the generals and folks who see and know the "boots on the ground" making the decisions. Which is how I just heard that Trump plans to run our military in the middle east.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-30-2017).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-30-2017 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
President Trump is leading our country in a direction that it has not been in decades. I am proud to be an American today.
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

President Trump is leading our country in a direction that it has not been in decades. I am proud to be an American today.

You mean openly lying about the military and claiming that they said things they didn't say?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:

You mean openly lying about the military and claiming that they said things they didn't say?

Where are you getting this definitively?

I see that the General "demanded more study " and that "A new study indicates that the cost of discharging and replacing transgender people in the U.S. military will be steep. "

But also, I wouldnt be surprised if Trump put the cart before the horse. I'm not sure what action you would like the people here you are talking to people to take, how you would like them to change if that is the case.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-30-2017 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, no. I wrote down exactly what I mean. I wrote down the history of my thoughts, and as per usual, you abscond from truths.

We are granted a narrow window of time. I am nicely asking you to stop wasting my time. You chose to change my words to suit you. I had to break my silence to defend my words. I wish to have no part of this nonsense.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A company of soldiers is deployed to a forward base.

They become surrounded and cannot be resupplied because of severe weather.

Two of the soldiers are on hormone therapy so they can stay male.

An enemy shell explodes in the compound, missing the soldiers but destroying the medical supply tent.

Their hormone shots were in the tent.

Now what?

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I dunno. Maybe someone tosses a well-balanced coin over and over again and it comes up "heads" 18 times in succession.

What are the odds?
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.usatoday.com/st...ing-study/614711001/

Even more proof that Donald was lying when he said he "talked with his generals" about banning trans individuals. Policy based on emotion and parinoia, not fact.

Yea, he said you could keep your doctor too! Oh wait....
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, no. I wrote down exactly what I mean. I wrote down the history of my thoughts, and as per usual, you abscond from truths.

We are granted a narrow window of time. I am nicely asking you to stop wasting my time. You chose to change my words to suit you. I had to break my silence to defend my words. I wish to have no part of this nonsense.

Oh get off your high horse, you posted something completely irrelevant because its indefensible.

If you wanted no part of this, don't comment on the thread.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm.

Tony's logic?.......

Threedogs logic?.....

This is HARD! Oh, wait, no, it's NOT!

Another '+' for you......
Tony.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Once AGAIN "Treedog" is being dishonest. Not the least bit surprising considering his history of that here, (i.e. the "net neutrality" issue and others).

He has no verifiable evidence that the president "lied" about this subject.

However, the FACTS that have been widely publically reported since last week give verifiable evidence that *Treedog* is the liar.

To wit:

"President Donald Trump signed an executive order that will bar transgender people from joining the military, CBS News reported. The directive, which the president first announced in a series of unexpected tweets last month, reverses the Obama administration’s 2016 proposal to allow transgender people to openly serve in the armed forces.

Trump, however, is still leaving a fair amount of discretion to “his generals” — specifically Secretary of Defense James Mattis. According to the New York Times, Mattis will have the final say over whether openly transgender people who are active-duty soldiers may remain in uniform. That is not a guarantee that current transgender service members will be exempt from the ban — just that the Department of Defense will make the final call.

The White House has directed the Pentagon to consider “military effectiveness and lethality, unitary cohesion, budgetary constraints, applicable law, and all factors that may be relevant” to make its final decision on the status of transgender individuals. Defense will have six months to submit a policy recommendation to Trump, with the deadline set for March 23, 2018."

http://nymag.com/daily/inte...litary-recruits.html

By the way "teacher"', the word is paranoia, not "parinoia"

I am beginning to smell another steaming pile of deceit left on the carpet by the "dog".

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-30-2017).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Oh, I dunno. Maybe someone tosses a well-balanced coin over and over again and it comes up "heads" 18 times in succession.

What are the odds?

I guess you're trying to make this out to be far fetched?

Since we haven't had this latest social engineering project inflicted on our military we really can't say if it's far fetched or not but the odds are pretty good not too many people would want to share a foxhole with a soldier who is under unimaginable mental stress from the biological reclamation going on inside her body.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

I guess you're trying to make this out to be far fetched?

Since we haven't had this latest social engineering project inflicted on our military we really can't say if it's far fetched or not but the odds are pretty good not too many people would want to share a foxhole with a soldier who is under unimaginable mental stress from the biological reclamation going on inside her body.

I don't care about "stress", I just don't want to trust my life and limb to someone that is demonstrably mentally ill and also a member of a population group with such a high suicide rate.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Excuse me. I had an idea....

We thought you farted. It's hard to tell the difference since both come out of the same end of you.

Anyway, you're excused

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

.....also a member of a population group with such a high suicide rate.

Well if it isn't mental stress, what's causing the high suicide rate?

Maybe we just have a different definition for mental stress.

In any case, who the hell would want to be in that foxhole with someone transitioning BACK to their biological roots?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:
... who the hell would want to be in that foxhole with someone transitioning BACK to their biological roots?

If they self identify with being a woman/man, how can I trust them to not self identify with being the enemy ?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2017 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh get off your high horse, you posted something completely irrelevant because its indefensible.

If you wanted no part of this, don't comment on the thread.

No. I posted MY words. Words that represent how I feel about this thread. YOU are still angry about my opinion, and want to change them again.

I do not have to defend defined words that you misunderstand.

Edit: If it were not obvious, I too do not want a mentally ill individual in a foxhole with me also.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 08-31-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
If they self identify with being a woman/man, how can I trust them to not self identify with being the enemy ?

Like this guy?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Where are you getting this definitively?

I see that the General "demanded more study " and that "A new study indicates that the cost of discharging and replacing transgender people in the U.S. military will be steep. "

But also, I wouldnt be surprised if Trump put the cart before the horse. I'm not sure what action you would like the people here you are talking to people to take, how you would like them to change if that is the case.

Threedog?
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Threedog?

Trump said he "consulted with his generals and military experts, the US government will not allow Transgender people to serve in any capacity"

He did NO such thing. Mattis, the secretary of state, states here that the military is not taking action until a study is done, he himself was given barely a day's notice. Additionally, the pentagon was taken completely off guard by the move, he did not consult the military whatsoever.

He did not consult with the military, nor look at any data or information on it whatsoever. He did this on a whim, and lied to us, claiming that his "generals" were consulted. If he HAD looked at data, he would see that the military already spends massive amounts of money on Viagra for soldiers, almost 10 times as much as the transgender ban. Source
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm guessing here that in your opinion, President Trump must ask every General for his statement to be completely valid?

Generals is a plural term, so I have to assume he spoke to at least two of them. He obviously also spoke to his Sec. of Defense the day prior to releasing his statement. Lie? You haven't proven squat.

And, just to repeat myself, I am not and have never been a fan of Candidate or President Trump. I had other favored candidates in the primaries but they didn't make it to the ballot. I'm one of those "anyone but Clinton" people.

Edited: Additionally, do you really think President Trump's staff is doing this "stay" without President Trump's approval? I mean really, come on. Think about that.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

I sincerely hope that life is never discovered on another planet because, sure as hell Progressives and Socialists will want to send them money.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-31-2017).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2017 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#1 Click to show

#2 Click to show

#3 Click to show

You are a teacher. Could you tell the class what is wrong with this post. I am not speaking about your opinion. Only the fact that three paragraphs of the same thing? Don't be so angry child.

Edit: Blackrams already tried to teach you a thing or two in his previous post.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 08-31-2017).]

Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Edited: Additionally, do you really think President Trump's staff is doing this "stay" without President Trump's approval? I mean really, come on. Think about that.

No, I don't. Thats why so much of his staff is constantly leaving him.

And no, he clearly didn't talk to anyone, because no one at the pentagon knew, which means none of the Joint Chiefs. And he didn't consult Mattis, he informed him. So if you don't discuss it with the Joint Chiefs, or your secretary of Defense, who in the military are you possibly talking to that has any authority to speak on the matter?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, I don't. Thats why so much of his staff is constantly leaving him.

And no, he clearly didn't talk to anyone, because no one at the pentagon knew, which means none of the Joint Chiefs. And he didn't consult Mattis, he informed him. So if you don't discuss it with the Joint Chiefs, or your secretary of Defense, who in the military are you possibly talking to that has any authority to speak on the matter?

It's all about perspective Threedog, nothing President Trump does is going to please you and you'll find something you don't like every time he says or does something. I can relate to that. I didn't like a whole lot of what Presidents Obama and Clinton did. You've swallowed the leftist bait, hook, line and sinker.

I sincerely don't mean this as an attack on you personally but, that is my perspective of what you have posted in this thread and other postings.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

I sincerely hope that life is never discovered on another planet because, sure as hell Progressives and Socialists will want to send them money.

Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's all about perspective Threedog, nothing President Trump does is going to please you and you'll find something you don't like every time he says or does something. I can relate to that. I didn't like a whole lot of what Presidents Obama and Clinton did. You've swallowed the leftist bait, hook, line and sinker.

I sincerely don't mean this as an attack on you personally but, that is my perspective of what you have posted in this thread and other postings.

Again, called out for "leftist thinking" instead of actually talking about the issue at hand. I provide sources, facts, and they are ignored.

I agreed with Trump on NATO funding, I am glad he called out many of the European countries not doing their fair share. I agreed with him on the TPP, I believe it was bad for America.

The stuff he is saying and the stuff he is doing right now is insane. A transgender ban when we are paying 10x much so that men can get off on Viagra and Cialis? Get real. That is nothing but transphobia.

[This message has been edited by Threedog (edited 08-31-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2017 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trump said he "consulted with his generals and military experts, the US government will not allow Transgender people to serve in any capacity"

the pentagon was taken completely off guard by the move, he did not consult the military whatsoever.

He did not consult with the military

You are without a doubt the single most DISHONEST clown we have seen here in awhile.

Even your own links show your dishonesty

Lets take an excerpt from the that you cited above:

"Sources said only a handful of the most senior people were aware of the change, and that only the very highest levels of the Pentagon were consulted"

I know that as a leftist all things *military* are incomprehensible and scary to you, but here's a newsflash for you Skippy; The President is also THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF of the United States armed forces. He doesn't ask for the general's consent. He gives ORDERS to them.

In this case that was accomplished by a written "executive order".

Obviously you have your frilly little leftie panties all in a twist over a handful of mentally ill drag queens and you're using that to express your hysteria about President Trump.

We get it.

Just STOP LYING.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-01-2017).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2017 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Get real. That is nothing but transphobia.

OK, you can have your opinion and call it what you wish. Really doesn't matter to me.

Prior to entering the military, there are several medical, physical, psychological and mental tests one must over come to be allowed to serve.
This transgender thing is definitely one that is not within the "norm" and therefore a disqualifier IMHO. YMMV

Edited: Again, I will repeat, it is not the government's or taxpayer's responsibility to address a transgender's issues.
I fully support your right to support them as long as you do it with your wallet and leave mine alone.
------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-01-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is nothing but transphobia.

He won't even specify manual or automatic.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-03-2017).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, you can have your opinion and call it what you wish. Really doesn't matter to me.

Prior to entering the military, there are several medical, physical, psychological and mental tests one must over come to be allowed to serve.
This transgender thing is definitely one that is not within the "norm" and therefore a disqualifier IMHO. YMMV

Edited: Again, I will repeat, it is not the government's or taxpayer's responsibility to address a transgender's issues.
I fully support your right to support them as long as you do it with your wallet and leave mine alone.

There's the rub. Leftists believe that everything is the governments business. Any perceived failure is a failure of government to do something. Just pass more laws and create more government agencies to manage our lives for us. In this case if you don't agree then you are a transphobe! And because being a transphobe is bad then we need laws allowing trannies to do whatever they wish and more laws creating punishments for transphobes.

And still they wonder how Trump was elected.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2017 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

And still they wonder how Trump was elected.

Whole heartedly agree.

Frankly, I was surprised Candidate Trump was elected. He got my vote because I couldn't vote for a known liar, cheat, greedy traitor but, I blame President Trump's election on the failure of the Democrats to put up a candidate the average American could support. If the Democrats want to win the White House back, they need to put up a more centered (both politically and socially speaking) candidate. I personally doubt President Trump will run for a second term but, I don't see anyone on the left that can earn my vote over VP Pence.

------------------
Ron

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock