Started on: 08-28-2017 01:36 PM
Replies: 12 (427 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 08-31-2017 02:33 PM
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joplin says bring back the Fiero. It's the first press I've seen calling for the rebirth of the Fiero in years. Personally I'd love for Tesla to have an electric 2seater but that ain't happening either.
Anyway the link: http://jalopnik.com/bring-b...fiero-1798471937/amp
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2017 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Naw..

They might call it a "Fiero", but it would be just another modern hi-tech, self-driving, sensors-out-the-tailpipe, 293+-camera, 27-airbag, hole in the wallet.

It wouldn't be the love-hate thing we have had going for 30+ years.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey on the camera. Samsung is advertising their Note 8 phone pre order and you get a 360 degree view ultra high def camera with it for free. So maybe you don't only need the one camera.
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

......... Personally I'd love for Tesla to have an electric 2seater.......

Ummmmm, wasn't that what thy started with?
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

Yep, and they already said they're doing a second one.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

Yes. It reminded me of the Lotus Elise. I've seen a few of them running around in my area.

I'm actually surprised how I have seen more "exotics" or upscale sports cars here than I ever saw in California. I saw one like this, same color, on the way to work this morning. Granted it's a Lexus, but a pretty one I wouldn't mind owning.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 08-28-2017).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just rebadge the new mid engine corvette as a Fiero.
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Roadsters were essentially Elises with a few more creature comforts and an electric engine. Allegedly there's a new Roadster coming out in a few years. The next generation of Elise is supposed to be coming to America as well around 2020, which I'm incredibly happy for.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Just rebadge the new mid engine corvette as a Fiero.

Will they catch on fire, too?

Side note: Honestly, I'd rather see the mid-engine Vette dubbed the TransAm, or something like that. Yeah I know, I'm a heretic...
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Will they catch on fire, too?

Side note: Honestly, I'd rather see the mid-engine Vette dubbed the TransAm, or something like that. Yeah I know, I'm a heretic...

The heretics are the ones that want to change a historic American roadster into a mid-engine, Euro-style, astronomically priced, Ferrari clone.

Just like those other astronomically priced, mid engine, Euro "super cars" there also WILL be fires.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-29-2017).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They should have never dumped Pontiac. To hell with the big sedans and mini vans, they could have pared it down to the GTO and Trans Am, and maybe Fiero and Grand Prix and had a winner.
Yes, I know why they did it, but I can tell them exactly what they need to do with those marketing studies.

I have three Pontiacs and two Buells, both dead marques.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

They should have never dumped Pontiac. To hell with the big sedans and mini vans, they could have pared it down to the GTO and Trans Am, and maybe Fiero and Grand Prix and had a winner.
Yes, I know why they did it, but I can tell them exactly what they need to do with those marketing studies.

I have three Pontiacs and two Buells, both dead marques.

God, I REALLY don't want to make this thread political, I honestly don't, but facts are facts.

The demise of the Pontiac brand had very little to do with marketing studies and almost everything to do with *government* dictating to private business.

I wouldn't have thought that people would so soon forget the Obama administration's "car czar" Steve Rattner and, through him, the government's dictates to GM during their bankruptcy and bailout.

Shedding the aforementioned marque was part of the "deal with the devil" that GM made:

"On December 2, 2008, General Motors announced that it was considering eliminating numerous brands, including Pontiac, in order to appease Congress in hope of receiving a $25 billion loan."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-30-2017).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

God, I REALLY don't want to make this thread political, I honestly don't, but facts are facts.

The demise of the Pontiac brand had very little to do with marketing studies and almost everything to do with *government* dictating to private business.

I wouldn't have thought that people would so soon forget the Obama administration's "car czar" Steve Rattner and, through him, the government's dictates to GM during their bankruptcy and bailout.

Shedding the aforementioned marque was part of the "deal with the devil" that GM made:

"On December 2, 2008, General Motors announced that it was considering eliminating numerous brands, including Pontiac, in order to appease Congress in hope of receiving a $25 billion loan."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac

In that case, now that GM is out of the 'red' - they can bring back Pontiac if they wanted.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock