Started on: 08-27-2017 11:34 AM
Replies: 1 (112 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 08-27-2017 12:46 PM
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2017 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A documentary featuring footage of real life civil war veterans, it shows a different time in the early 20th century when confederate and union veterans were able to reconcile with each other before events later in the 20th century reopened old wounds that had never fully healed. It also reveals the real reasons why confederate monuments were put up in the first place.

The Union soldiers that fought and died against the Confederates were able to forgive them. Who are we 150 years later to reopen those old wounds and damn these long dead soldiers?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2017 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

The Union soldiers that fought and died against the Confederates were able to forgive them. Who are we 150 years later to reopen those old wounds and damn these long dead soldiers?

I don't have time to watch all 1 hour and 30 minutes right now, but I think I've seen this.

One of the most moving scenes I've ever seen, was when the original veterans re-enacted some battle (can't remember which one it was), and in the end, they basically ran to each other (most of them crying) and gave each other hugs and hand shakes. It's tough not to get choked up watching a bunch of hardened old men crying.

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock