Started on: 08-25-2017 04:58 AM
Replies: 6 (142 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 08-25-2017 12:48 PM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, I have this new job working in a cotton mill. I bought what I thought were good tennis shoes a while back (1st brand name shoes I've purchased in decades). I've got these big containers of (almost) raw cotton I'm pushing and pulling and I realized my feet started to hurt. (My shoes are NOT made for this kind of work. I'm getting new ones tomorrow.) My heels hurt, my soles hurt, my toes hurt. I got home and took off my socks to see THIS! (If you're squeamish, don't look. You've been warned.)

http://imgur.com/a/BfyGC

Not sure how I got a blister in between my toes but I sure did. It's completely through the first full layer of skin. Usually, when it comes to blisters, I just suck it up. Probably not with this one. I'll give it a few days and if it isn't greatly improved, I'll probably see a doctor. (I've got blisters on almost every toe, the heel of both feet and a bruise on my foot (not even sure how that happened). Other than all that, my feet just generally hurt.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(a GREAT song, by the way)
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shockingly enough, I haven't had too many blisters so far.

At the end of boot camp though I did have a blister that looked similar to that one on the back of my heel. I thought it'd be a good idea to put foot powder on it. Wasn't a good idea.

Another thing, if you walk normally, the blister will heal faster. That works for me at least.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2017 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shoes are the wrong size.. got to a real shoe store and get your correct size.. and then get good socks.. Thick soft cotton .. not a cotton blend.. or any of that wick moisture away crap..
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get some silver sulfadiazne cream and put on that. It's anesthetic and antibiotic and it will help it to heal very quickly. A little pricey, but it does wonders. Our little granddaughter burned her fingers badly. Using that cream healed it quickly and it left no scar whatsoever. And yes, good heavy white work socks. No colored socks. No crew socks. Leather shoes.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cut it off.... you've got nine more.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last time I got stranded and had to walk home I woke up with both feet full of blisters. Keep them clean and dry.
I have better luck with hard sole shoes, lace up boots are even better as they support my ankles.
Not something I go cheep on. Solid leather boots made to last years.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock