Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Virginia broadcaster let go because of his name (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Virginia broadcaster let go because of his name by davylong86
Started on: 08-24-2017 11:11 AM
Replies: 43 (596 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-28-2017 10:29 AM
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Robert Lee will not be calling games for the Virginia football team because his name might offend some fans. When does this stupid S..T end ! The guy looks Asian lol. If someone can pull up the link on this id appreciate it, thanks

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 08-24-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He is Asian.

That's how limp wristed the 3dog left is.

Next they will force towns named after white people to be changed.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 08-24-2017).]

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There trying already. RogerGarrison has a post about Columbus, Ohio being offended of they name of a man who has nothing to do with anything going on in 2017
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After spending (I forget how long and how much $) they are thinking of removing the Statue of Columbus in COLUMBUS Circle, NYC.

Because THIS type of sh*t is what is important now to get humanity to a better place.

Yeah, focus on the statues of old dudes and the private parts of people and which bathroom they should take a sh*t in, and the color of people's skin when deciding what schools they should be allowed to go to and what money they are owed because maybe stuff happened in the past.

Then there's that whole "which invisible friend do you believe in" thing.

And gun rights.

"I'm offended by X, it needs to go away"

And Global Warming. And nukes. yay!

I honestly thought this news story was a joke.

Anyone else tired of all this?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

I am locked and loaded.
The thing is, we will never make them happy. frack 'em.

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Robert Lee will not be calling games for the Virginia football team because his name might offend some fans. When does this stupid S..T end ! The guy looks Asian lol. If someone can pull up the link on this id appreciate it, thanks

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/121079.html
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/121079.html

Thanks Texas, didn't catch your earlier post. And you are correct on idiot liberals

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 08-24-2017).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

What we really need to be worried about is laws being made to back up these leftist ideologies.
When our gov decides that their side results in more government power, (which they probably already have) it will ride this wave.

That and the fact that for teh most part the media already backs it up.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He was moved to another game, not "let go" as in fired..

But phrase it however you want. Not like its misleading or anything..
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

He was moved to another game, not "let go" as in fired..

But phrase it however you want. Not like its misleading or anything..

Why was he moved to another game? Because of his name! Virginia football and ESPN thought it might offend people in that limp D state.Theres your misleading answer.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2017 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha! I just showed this story to my neighbor. We were having a chat over coffee, and he could not believe the foolishness. He is in his 80's. May have seen a thing or two is the feeling he gives me. I enjoy his stories.
PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Why was he moved to another game? Because of his name! Virginia football and ESPN thought it might offend people in that limp D state.Theres your misleading answer.

not arguing the ridiculousness of what and why they did it. As it was dumb. Just your misleading headline.. He was not fired or "let go".. They just moved him too a different game. Which according too the article, was mr. Lee's own choice. But if you want to pretend it was more than it is, feel free.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2017 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Click to show

And again, even this shows the disdain that left leaners have. Nothing happened, yet they moved this person due to ONLY HIS NAME.

It feels similar to when my Father would smack the shat out of me in the back of the Chrysler before we entered Kmart or a restaurant. Good times. Lay blame, convict, and punish when no crime has occurred. Let real crimes like blacks killing thousands of blacks every damn year. Now I understand my position within the liberal mind****.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They asked him whether he wanted to do the Charlottesville game, as originally planned, or be reassigned to the other game. They discussed it with him.

In the few news reports that I have seen, the ESPN broadcaster is referred to as "Robert Lee". I have never seen any video or text that referred to the Confederate general as "Robert Lee". It's always been "Robert E Lee".
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They asked him whether he wanted to do the Charlottesville game, as originally planned, or be reassigned to the other game. They discussed it with him.

In the few news reports that I have seen, the ESPN broadcaster is referred to as "Robert Lee". I have never seen any video or text that referred to the Confederate general as "Robert Lee". It's always been "Robert E Lee".

What is it with you leftists that makes you so damn intentionally obtuse and intellectually dishonest all the time?

You know damn well it was his EMPLOYER that "asked" him and "discussed it" it with him.

HIS BOSS(ES).

I don't think there is a rational adult on this forum that believes for one moment that Mr. Lee had any actual choice to defy his EMPLOYER'S WISHES and remain employed.

Then you double down on intentional stupidity and pick nits about a middle initial ??

That certainly wasn't a distinction for ESPN or you delicate lefties was it?

Even sans the middle initial, just the name Robert Lee was more than sufficient cause for another leftist "crisis" and ban.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-26-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always on the lookout for any media report that can be offered up to the masses on Pennock's as a new online diatribe against "liberalism".

There isn't a magnifying lens in the world that could make this ESPN broadcaster reassignment look like any kind of big deal---when viewed by a rational person.

What would the Breitbart Sports Channel have done?

Oh wait, there isn't one.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-26-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Always on the lookout for any media report that can be offered up to the masses on Pennock's as a new online diatribe against "liberalism". Trump or any *person* in his administration or family.

Fixed that to best apply to your posting history here.

Then, you apply an exclamation point to your being intentionally obtuse and intellectually dishonest by making a specious and ridiculous analogy.

What would the Breitbart Sports Channel have done?

Oh wait, there isn't one.

You might just as well have asked what Olive Garden Restaurant would have done. It would have the same relevance.

(Since I *know* we will have to explain this to you; Olive Garden Restaurants doesn't have a TV sports channel either and like ESPN, their core business is not advertised to be political news and commentary.)

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ironically it would be left leaning idiots (ignorant useful idiots that they lost control of) who they are concerned about. But at the same time they try to blame right leaning trouble makers.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Ironically it would be left leaning idiots (ignorant useful idiots that they lost control of) who they are concerned about. But at the same time they try to blame right leaning trouble makers.

I don't see it so much as "ironic" as much as I see it as part and parcel of leftist-liberal *victim* mindset.

1. BLAME
Someone *else* MUST always be to blame for the consequences of the leftist-liberal's own actions.

2. RESPONSIBILITY
Having fixed the blame on someone else, the leftist-liberal then proclaims it is now their responsibility to fix the consequences that he brought upon himself.

3. GRIEVANCE AND COMPLAINT
Having now absolved himself of any blame or responsibility for the consequences of his own actions, the leftist-liberal then complains and protests bitterly when someone else doesn't respond immediately to his demands and proclaims himself A VICTIM being "oppressed" by anyone who won't accede to his self-proclaimed victimhood.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I turn on my TV set and can't find a channel with news anchors that don't remind me of Pennock's, I'll know The End Is Nigh.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When I turn on my TV set and can't find a channel with news anchors that don't remind me of Pennock's, I'll know The End Is Nigh.

How is that? Good or bad?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bad. As bad as it gets.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have to correct my statement: I don't believe that right or left "politics" are inherently racist. I tend to believe that racism is a social issue more than a political issue. BUT people do blend them.
So I should have said: Ironically it is the liberal useful idiots that the liberals lost control of and are blaming conservatives. AND ironically racism is not a conservative principal.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Bad. As bad as it gets.

Sorry, but maybe you give some examples?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2017 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: My intentions were to quote a Rinselberg post. I failed miserably. I apologize.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 08-26-2017).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2017 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They asked him whether he wanted to do the Charlottesville gameif you want to stay employed you'll say no, as originally planned, or be reassigned to the other game. They discussed it with him advised him of take the move or there is the door.

FIFY to clear up your fake news bullshitta
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Not once have you or anyone left leaning stood up against the folks that have called us racists. Not once.

I am not sure if this comment is directed towards me, or someone else?
I feel like I have been fighting back against the liberal tactics?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As long as you keep on confusing CNN and MSNBC as "news" you'll be able to stay in your safe space Ronald.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

I'm confused too.
I never connected you as a leftie by any of your comments.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:
Which according too the article, was mr. Lee's own choice. But if you want to pretend it was more than it is, feel free.

You can pretend, you can believe the article. I have some ocean front property in Arizona I will sell to you.
Is Mr Robert Lee going to change his name ?

I can't believe it. ESPN asked him to agree to not broadcast the game. ESPN says they did it to protect him from ?ridicule. Why did ESPN not just defend him from snowflakes ?

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2017 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I posted this above...

Edit: My intentions were to quote a Rinselberg post. I failed miserably. I apologize.

My "hatred" got in the way, and during one of my viscous attacks on kind forum members I went into a fit of dementia and a near psychotic episode was recorded. I have no mental memory of said accusation, and stand by my prior statement of "Snazzlepussy." Any further minutes of the meeting will be brought to the King's attention, and a ruling will be entered that will satisfy the Relm. That is all...
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

You can pretend, you can believe the article. I have some ocean front property in Arizona I will sell to you.
Is Mr Robert Lee going to change his name ?

I can't believe it. ESPN asked him to agree to not broadcast the game. ESPN says they did it to protect him from ?ridicule. Why did ESPN not just defend him from snowflakes ?

It had absolutely nothing to do with protecting Mr. Lee at all. It had EVERYTHING to do with protecting ESPN, because, YES, they in fact are that cowed and afraid of leftists and their threats.

"Standing one's ground" and not giving in to these extortionists is one of the reasons that my family patronizes Chik-Fil-A and others that stand up to them as often we can.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-27-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, but maybe you give some examples?

Here's one:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/121091.html

Someone else just opened that discussion as a new thread. I posted my thoughts about it. But I haven't returned to that discussion. Maybe later, or maybe not before Tuesday.

I think it is better for me to limit my exposure to some of the discussions here. To pace myself, and not have too much exposure to certain discussions within the same 24-hour period, or, for certain discussions, the same 72-hour period. It's like radioactivity. Better not to absorb too much of it within a short period of time.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

That is all...

PM sent.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2017 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Someone else just opened that discussion as a new thread. I posted my thoughts about it. But I haven't returned to that discussion. Maybe later, or maybe not before Tuesday.

I think it is better for me to limit my exposure to some of the discussions here. To pace myself, and not have too much exposure to certain discussions within the same 24-hour period, or, for certain discussions, the same 72-hour period. It's like radioactivity. Better not to absorb too much of it within a short period of time.

Now read this in Steve Martin's The Jerk voice.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So "we" are expecting ESPN to reason with people that might otherwise act out in some berserk way about ESPN broadcaster Robert Lee?

You can't reason with crazy.

The usual suspects on Pennock's who are leveraging this into a diatribe about "liberalism" are mired in desperation: they despair that the world, by and large, does not proceed according to their taste.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-27-2017).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2017 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ronald ·ism
/r^onald,ism/

noun

1. A long winded baseless post stricken of any known truths.

Bill's ronaldism is still going.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 08-26-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2017 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put my previous post on a diet. It's only half the post it used to be.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-27-2017).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2017 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I put my previous post on a diet. It's only half the post it used to be.

Yet it still is fake news odd..
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock