Started on: 08-23-2017 03:40 PM
Replies: 32 (466 views)
Last post by: Keel on 08-27-2017 04:14 AM
texasfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Robert Lee: ESPN under fire for taking announcer off UVA game

On Tuesday night, the network confirmed that its management moved an Asian-American announcer, Robert Lee, off the University of Virginia's home opener football game "simply because of the coincidence of his name."
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw that today and I was hoping that I just misunderstood. Obviously I did not. We are surrounded by drunken children.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Druken children being led by a damaging twisted ideology.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-23-2017 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well espn. so................................
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe they have something against Asian Americans ?
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D B Cooper:

Maybe they have something against Asian Americans ?

Actually if you're a female, trans, gay, vegan, black, liberal Asian you just won the leftist identity politics lottery.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Well espn. so................................

Newt Gingrich said, "Extremely Stupid Political Network"

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought it was a joke when I heard about it. That is ridiculous.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:
"Extremely Stupid Political Network"

CNN

Counterfeit News Network.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Opening this topic with the words "The stupidity of liberalism" is preposterous and just a load of horse pucky.

How does anyone get to "liberalism" from this? This is from an ESPN executive who used Twitter to explain why and how (by mutual agreement) the play-by--play broadcaster named "Robert Lee" was switched from the UVA game to another game. The ESPN executive also reacts to the derision ("off the charts") that has been posted against ESPN on various social media platforms and Internet blogs, about this small change that was made.

"We didn't make him. We asked him. Eventually we mutually agreed to a switch."

It is (and was, from the very start) No Big Deal.

The "stupidity of liberalism" ? Is this change to an ESPN broadcaster's game assignment being debated in Congress? Have the likes of Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Al Franken, and other prominent Democrats who are iconic (or somewhat iconic) of "liberalism" stood before Congress to voice their approval of this little maneuver at ESPN?

What an over-hyped, Over The Top and "bigly" misleading Topic title, this is. Anyone can be "right of center" on the political spectrum, but if you lean far enough to the right, you can lose your balance and topple over completely. You can fall hard and flat on your ultra-konservative [sic] keister. That's what's happening here.

This change to the ESPN broadcaster's game assignment may not look like a particularly adept move in retrospect, after the games that are involved here have been played, and the particular ESPN broadcasters have moved on to their next games or assignments. The broadcaster reassignment wasn't supposed to get out, but someone leaked it to the public (imagine that), which has likely drawn even more attention to ESPN broadcaster Robert Lee and his name than there would have been if he had not been reassigned to another game in the first place.

An overabundance of caution at ESPN. An expectation at ESPN that "What Happens in ESPN, Stays in ESPN". An unrealized expectation, defeated by a leaker.

This is not any kind of "big deal". There is nothing to see here, folks. There never was.

Someone else made a second thread, starting with "Virginia broadcaster let go because of his name." Was the ESPN broadcaster "let go" ? If so, that would be news to me. As far as I have seen, he was just assigned to broadcast a different game in a different location. A reassignment that included his mutual consent. As far as I have seen, he is still an ESPN broadcaster. Have I missed the news that Robert Lee was "let go" by ESPN?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Its says it was because of his name, to avoid a circus.

Maybe it would be more accurate to say they caved because of fear?

They shouldn't have even had to think about it. The reason they did was because of what the stupidity of liberalism is doing.
PFF
System Bot
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Opening this topic with the words "The stupidity of liberalism" is preposterous and just a load of horse pucky..............

I deleted the 'horse pucky' from the quote.
The stupidity lies in the fact that this was even an issue.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... but if you lean far enough to the right, you can lose your balance and topple over completely. You can fall hard and flat on your ultra-konservative [sic] keister. That's what's happening here.

NO

That is not what is happening here Ronald.

Despite yet *another* one of your God-awful, overly verbose, twists of leftist logic, the fact that you don't "lean" left but merrily prance as hard left as you do makes you willfully blind the utter stupidity of what happened.

Leftist liberals deemed that other leftist liberals are too stupid to realize that the confederate general Robert E. Lee died 147 years ago and might confuse him with an Asian TV media personality with a similar name and/or *might* perceive some untoward political intent.

THAT is liberal stupidity on full parade.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-24-2017).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is (and was, from the very start) No Big Deal.

Apparently it was a big enough deal that the man was changed for another because of his given name.

Good grief, his name is Robert Lee. Call him Bob and move on with the broadcast. The only trouble, if any, would be the overly sensitive Snowflake SJWs. The rest of us wouldn't give a hoot.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Opening this topic with the words "The stupidity of liberalism" is preposterous and just a load of horse pucky.

An overabundance of caution at ESPN. An expectation at ESPN that "What Happens in ESPN, Stays in ESPN". An unrealized expectation, defeated by a leaker.

This is not any kind of "big deal". There is nothing to see here, folks. There never was.

Respectfully Rinse... a man named Robert Lee is NOT on TV right now because ESPN believed it might cause controversy because the left-stream media has made anything South / Confederate to be pure evil.

Your long post didn't change that... this was still a thought in their head, and they acted on it. The fact that they didn't intend for this information to get out has no bearing on the fact that they actually still did it.

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Respectfully Rinse... a man named Robert Lee is NOT on TV right now because ESPN believed it might cause controversy because the left-stream media has made anything South / Confederate to be pure evil.

Your long post didn't change that... this was still a thought in their head, and they acted on it. The fact that they didn't intend for this information to get out has no bearing on the fact that they actually still did it.

Stupid ignorance
Stupid is not seeing it for what it was
Ignorance is ignoring how stupid it is
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2017 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rinse you are

maybe the big one will hit the fault line and cali can float into the ocean..

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:
Stupid ignorance
Stupid is not seeing it for what it was
Ignorance is ignoring how stupid it is

Pathology is perpetuating the false narrative.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-25-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How does anyone get to "liberalism" from this?

I am again going to try really hard not to call you a dumbazz ! I know you are not. I question why you don't use your God given intellect.

Have you asked yourself who Yashar Ali is ? Have you not seen previous evidence of ESPN liberalism ? From gun control to election opinions ? Yashar Ali must be someone with clout with ESPN, to get an e-mail from an executive from ESPN. Who is this executive un-named source ?

Someone, I will leave him un-named, told me you piss in shadeball creek.

I'll say it again. Open your eyes.

Originally posted by Hudini:
Good grief, his name is Robert Lee. Call him Bob and move on with the broadcast. The only trouble, if any, would be the overly sensitive Snowflake SJWs. The rest of us wouldn't give a hoot.

Thank you. Heck, nobody would have known he was Robert Lee if he was called Robert, or Rob. Nobody even knows this newbie. Does he announce the play by plays saying he is Robert Lee ? Do his cohorts ask "what do you think about that play/call Robert Lee" ? Hell no.

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

They shouldn't have even had to think about it. The reason they did was because of what the stupidity of liberalism is doing.

Sounds to me like stupidity on both sides. "liberal" stupid thinking to move Mr. Lee in the first place, and stupid "conservative" thinking for making a big deal out of what was essentially nothing.

Two sides acting stupid over nothing.. Imagine that.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2017 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Sounds to me like stupidity on both sides. "liberal" stupid thinking to move Mr. Lee in the first place, and stupid "conservative" thinking for making a big deal out of what was essentially nothing.

He was removed from the game to protect your ideology. One followed the other. Let's keep it in perspective, shall we?
PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

He was removed from the game to protect your ideology. One followed the other. Let's keep it in perspective, shall we?

My ideology? lol.. There you go ASSuming again Tony.. You know very little about me, keep that in perspective.. shall we?

I may not be a far right conspiracy nut like yourself, but im far from liberal, they are just as nuts as you are, just in different ways and for different reasons.

But believe whatever you want about me, keeps me from getting bored..

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2017 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My ideology? lol.. There you go ASSuming again Tony.. You know very little about me, keep that in perspective.. shall we?

I may not be a far right conspiracy nut like yourself, but im far from liberal, they are just as nuts as you are, just in different ways and for different reasons.

But believe whatever you want about me, keeps me from getting bored..

So peaceful in your rebuttal. I do enjoy how liberals are so nice in their put downs. Peaceful Name Calling?

Far right conspiracy nut? Have fun with that misnomer. You really do not pay attention in class, and missed a ton of The History of Tony Kania. Sorry my good man, but I am not in charge of your learning. Thankfully.

Well, back to my racist, right wing nut ways...

Edit: I forgot to mention... Enjoy your day. I absolutely do not wish to trigger you. I apologize for my lack of liberal thinking.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 08-26-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your statement gives credence that you think you know what the hell you are talking about. Essentially nothing.

Making a big deal out of nothing ? First they came for our historical statutes and we did nothing. I would bet you think nothing about abortion, and I would lose. You support it.

I don't have the words. I will try.

They came for our mere Christmas trees, and we did nothing.

They came for ... ruck you. When do you stand up and fight for what you believe in ? Or, do you believe in nothing ? Do you have a fence ? A lock on your door ? Do we need an illegal immigration wall ?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2017 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Click to show

He feels good without giving information. Not much is known about "Jonsey" other than he only pokes his head into the brothel to comment on the goings ons.

I believe him to be comfortable with his insults. Can't fault a man for that.

Jonsey does not like homework. He greatly mislabels me from ONLY his knowledge of me on this forum. I enjoy watching folks believe they are in the know. "If you walk into a room, and do not know who the idiot is..."

He has a defensive hard on. I can see it from here.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spot on Tony!
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
He feels good without giving information. Not much is known about "Jonsey" other than he only pokes his head into the brothel to comment on the goings ons.

I believe him to be comfortable with his insults. Can't fault a man for that.

Jonsey does not like homework. He greatly mislabels me from ONLY his knowledge of me on this forum. I enjoy watching folks believe they are in the know. "If you walk into a room, and do not know who the idiot is..."

He has a defensive hard on. I can see it from here.

kinda how you just labeled me eh tony? you greatly mislabel me from ONLY your knowledge of me on this forum.

Well i only know you by your postings true, but never labeled you as anything until you decided to do the same, so i figured i'd just join in on the fun, iv seen you loose your cool on here in emotional outbursts enough times to never take you seriously about much of anything. I also enjoy watching people who believe they are in the know, iv been watching you do it to me this morning, lol. Idiot in the room indeed. Its funny your complaining about the very things you yourself just did to me. Theres logic for ya! Don't worry about "triggering me", lol, not possible, like i said, i don't take you seriously, plus your the one whos famous for your outbursts, lol. Defensive? lol, i take anything you guys say with a grain of salt, cause in the end, none of it matters in the slightest.

But i do wish you a good day Tony, and wish you well regardless of our differences. Although if you did your "homework" you might realize we aren't so different..

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jonesy

4694 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Your statement gives credence that you think you know what the hell you are talking about. Essentially nothing.

Making a big deal out of nothing ? First they came for our historical statutes and we did nothing. I would bet you think nothing about abortion, and I would lose. You support it.

I don't have the words. I will try.

They came for our mere Christmas trees, and we did nothing.

They came for ... ruck you. When do you stand up and fight for what you believe in ? Or, do you believe in nothing ? Do you have a fence ? A lock on your door ? Do we need an illegal immigration wall ?

what does this have to do with me lee? Ifyou want too talk about these issues im all for it if you want my opinions.. But you know.. Talk, not berate and insult one another.. but im all up for talking.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 08-26-2017).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2017 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kinda how you just labeled me eh tony? you greatly mislabel me from ONLY your knowledge of me on this forum.

Absolutely fair enough.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2017 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The fact you see it as nothing says volumes of your character..
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you want too talk about these issues i am all for it if you want my opinions.. But you know.. Talk, not berate and insult one another.. but i am all up for talking.

Why don't you man up and be a man, and answer my questions ?

When do you stand up and fight for what you believe in ? Or, do you believe in nothing ? Do you have a fence ? A lock on your door ? Do we need an illegal immigration wall ?

I should not have said "ruck you". I apologize.
Is Robert Lee going to change his name ?
PFF
System Bot
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2017 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 08-27-2017).]

Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2017 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^HEHEHEHE
you got friends in safe places.. awesome...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock