Started on: 08-21-2017 11:44 AM
Replies: 24 (451 views)
Last post by: Hudini on 08-22-2017 07:03 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-21-2017 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I DONT DO ****ING RELEGION!!!!! What is so ****ing hard to understand???

I volunteer to help cook a community meal a few times a month. Its usually done in a donated church kitchen. Friday I got a text that the sched had changed, we were carpooling it there (5 people) at 9am instead of noon.... Meh, ok stuff happens

No, it hadnt changed. It was a bait-and-switch and once I was there with no transportation to escape it was church-****ing-service from 9-12. I was the only one not in on it.

Ive made it abundantly clear for 18 months I was there to give back to the community and dont bother me with the god **** .

Yet another example of humans too stupid to understand the concept of "NO" and are willing to go to any length to get their own way.

So much for that. I wont be back. Screw me over once you dont get a second try.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad! (On both sides)

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 08-22-2017).]

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't blame you one bit. I'm (compared to you) an extremely religious guy. But anybody pulls that on me, they can find another volunteer.

P.S. Is there any day you're NOT pizzed about?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-21-2017 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

P.S. Is there any day you're NOT pizzed about?

Wellll.......there WAS May 20th, 2003. I got an 86 Fastback, a great deal on rent, a cuban cigar, a good steak dinner, laid and drunk all in one day.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Wellll.......there WAS May 20th, 2003. I got an 86 Fastback, a great deal on rent, a cuban cigar, a good steak dinner, laid and drunk all in one day.

did getting laid and getting a great deal on rent have anything to do with one another?
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hahahh!!!!

MEM, I'm a very religious guy... I'm a Catholic, and we go to church for 1 hour on Sunday. The Baptists and many of the non-denominational churches do it pretty much the entire morning. I don't think it's a bad thing, but I don't know if God wants that much adoration all the time. I think he wants us to get to work.

But I have to re-iterate a story...

When I was 19 / 20... my roommate and I had a couple of girls knock on our door. They were SMOKING hot... I mean, don't even get me started. We were all over that. We asked them out, and they were super-willing (we were both good looking at the time too... I mean, it was 20 years ago). So we show up, it's late Sunday afternoon, and they meet us at our house and then ask us to follow them.

... we end up at a church. It was the one with the red flag, 7th day Adventists or something. Really nice people... but oh man, I was fooled.

We got back in the car and drove to the $wap $hop.
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I DONT DO ****ING RELEGION!!!!!!

You are a most sought after prized catch for evangelization! Converting a few of you is a big feather in their cap.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People actually do this huh? Trick people into being at a church?
Weird.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's usually the other way around. The place offers something free..lunch or another meal..free boarding, or even free phone and internet for the day and attending a religious service is 'the catch' to the 'there are no free rides' line..
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-21-2017 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

did getting laid and getting a great deal on rent have anything to do with one another?

They might have the drunk, cigar and steak might also have close ties to the event as well

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They sound like a subset of another famous pack of liars.

I'm just surprised they didn't tell you "you can keep your atheism".
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some people seem to stay 'triggered' all the time.....
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2017 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

They sound like a subset of another famous pack of liars.

I'm just surprised they didn't tell you "you can keep your atheism".

I actually dont mind having them around in small doses, they can be GREAT fun to screw with

If you really want to mess with one, bring up the Gospel of Barnabus and ask why it wasnt included in the KJV. Then ask why Assiryan mythology so closely resembles their mythos yet pre-dates it by about 2500 years. THEN when they start claiming the earth is 6,000 years old show them a picture of Gobekli Tepe...... Its best to stop there or they start crying

Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2017 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

People actually do this huh? Trick people into being at a church?
Weird.

No, my bet is the other 4 wanted to go to the service and knew if they told mem he flip, So they picked him up and went,, He has 2 feet ,yet could walk out of the service if he wanted..
They just might not wanted to hear him complain the whole ride there.

[This message has been edited by Keel (edited 08-22-2017).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2017 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Keel:

No, my bet is the other 4 wanted to go to the service and knew if they told mem he flip, So they picked him up and went,, He has 2 feet ,yet could walk out of the service if he wanted..
They just might not wanted to hear him complain the whole ride there.

They go every week. They knew if they said they wanted me there and pushed the issue Id just tell them Id catch up with them when we are serving the meal and skip the cooking this time.

It was pulling a fast one, pure and simple. And actually I did spend about 3/4 of the time sitting on the front steps smoking.

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2017 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe but if I wasn't and was at a service, I'd just look at it like a show/play/ tv show.. and just think of it like that..
at the end when your friends that brought you ask what you thought, ask them what was the name of that play again??
I'd not let it stop the good you are doing for others.. Or do you fear you might go poofff in a ball of fire .

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 08-22-2017).]

USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2017 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I actually dont mind having them around in small doses, they can be GREAT fun to screw with

If you really want to mess with one, bring up the Gospel of Barnabus and ask why it wasnt included in the KJV. Then ask why Assiryan mythology so closely resembles their mythos yet pre-dates it by about 2500 years. THEN when they start claiming the earth is 6,000 years old show them a picture of Gobekli Tepe...... Its best to stop there or they start crying

Love it when someone latches on to bits of "facts" or misguided opinions to make arguments against Christianity. I would encourage you to actually research those topics, rather than take one-liners or misguided opinions (from the believers and non-believers) as fact.

[This message has been edited by USMUCL (edited 08-22-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2017 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its best to stop there or they start crying

Who is crying now ?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2017 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USMUCL:

Love it when someone latches on to bits of "facts" or misguided opinions to make arguments against Christianity. I would encourage you to actually research those topics, rather than take one-liners or misguided opinions (from the believers and non-believers) as fact.

I actually do have fun with it (until it gets too pushy or stuff gets blowed up). Thats the strange thing about thoughts and beliefs... NOBODY can force the mind of another.

Many have tried, throughout history. all have failed. They only suceed in starting wars.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2017 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats the strange thing about thoughts and beliefs... NOBODY can force the mind of another.

Its pointless to try, but some don't understand that.
People make up their own minds.
USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2017 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Folks continue to try and paint those "practicing religion" as closed minded and forcing their ideas. This whole thread was an attempt at that.

Funny, cause us believers consider both the natural AND supernatural to explain what is around us. Athiests are close minded to anything they can't see with their eyes or understand with their limited comprehension of their small place in the universe.

[This message has been edited by USMUCL (edited 08-22-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2017 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You dont have to go to church to be a 'believer'. I believe in god, but wont go thru the door of any church. I dont hassle anyone about going to church if thats what they like...but dont try to coerce me into going. Those that just keep trying just get annoying.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2017 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NOBODY can force the mind of another.

Oh, I don't know. There have been some women who have convinced me to do some pretty stupid things.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2017 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Many videos just tend to be clearer than me talking, plus they really take no effort to listen to.
This scientist is wonderfully logical to me.

After that one can start to think about where a right moral choice, where values come from and what one is.
There is of course room every step of the way to screw it up, but then if we all make our own, who would know?

If people were honest:

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2017 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Oh, I don't know. There have been some women who have convinced me to do some pretty stupid things.

^ This. Unfortunately I don't have enough blood for two heads.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock