Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Do we have a good mobile solution for posting pictures?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Do we have a good mobile solution for posting pictures? by jmbishop
Started on: 08-19-2017 01:51 AM
Replies: 23 (290 views)
Last post by: fastblack on 08-24-2017 01:39 PM
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2017 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to post some pictures, I used to use photobucket and still could but it's slow and I thought I read they were locking down people's accounts until they paid for premium service.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 08-19-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2017 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish cliff would get to work on this. I think it would jumpstart the forum in many ways. Need a smart phone friendly solution.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2017 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see it as just another reason people would stay on their phone 95% of their life. Just post a photo when you go home on your computer. Sheesh...is a photo so important it has to be posted instantly that second ? If it is, just email it as an attachment to the persons your directing it to. Anyone who wants to get emails has their email addy in the member list, and also on a thread link if your too lazy to look it up.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2017 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jmbishop --- PIP still works. I used it the other day.

Roger --- I think Jason88Notchie is referring to seeing the pics on a phone, rather than posting them. If it's about posting pics, what if someone is on a trip? Yes, they can wait a week (or 6) to post pics but isn't it nicer to see things as they happen? What if someone is at Fiero Fest (or one of the other Fiero shows)? People drive hundreds of miles to attend some of those (I drove from the middle of Indiana to the last FF I attended). Besides, if someone chooses to spend 95% of their life on their phone.....well, it's their life and their phone.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2017 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I go weeks without getting on a computer sometimes.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2017 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Similar, I go days sometimes. And 90% of what I do is through the phone.

Brad
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-20-2017 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
post photo on facebook or twitter, then link to here..
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2017 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol, Facebook holds a grudge.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-20-2017 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol, Facebook holds a grudge.

Flicker app

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having a good mobile photo solution to posting pics is the single best thing that could be done to help PFF out.

Other platforms like photobucket (which is now useless to me) are the only way now.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But ill bet you cant go 5 mins without using your phone...

Monkeyman, I see your point but nothing is really that important it cant wait till your home. If it is, there are free computers in places like libraries. Besides, cameras take much better photos than any cell phone does. Id rather see vacation pics from a camera than a phone myself. Anyone who documents something like a wedding or graduation with just a phone should be smacked...lol. I have a dumb phone too, that has 2 cameras. For anything I attend, I bring a camera. Phone camera is good for something like an auto accident. Most I see use their phone camera to post everything they do everyday from what their eating to what their wearing, like anyone gives a crap.

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
nothing is really that important it cant wait till your home. If it is, there are free computers in places like libraries.

Why are you arguing this? So you don't think it would be better for the forum if people could easily share pics?
Plus, I'm pretty sure a library wont let you download PIP.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-23-2017).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Having a good mobile photo solution to posting pics is the single best thing that could be done to help PFF out.

It sure would increase the number of pics shared on the site, that's for sure...
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But ill bet you cant go 5 mins without using your phone...

Nope, I just don't have much I need my laptop for unless I'm doing video editing. I don't even have a Facebook account(for the foreseeable future, I'm banned from Facebook).
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why are you arguing this? So you don't think it would be better for the forum if people could easily share pics?

Use your email to send someone a photo...you dont need PIP. Im not arguing...just stating my personal thoughts on it. I feel sorry for people who have to design their whole life around a phone....OR a computer. I could throw my phone away tommorrow and not miss it at all. Its simply another little convenience to be able to call or be called for something important. My ONLY real reason for having one are my home security systems call the cell number. It also calls the police, so it could be dropped. Also have it in case of a breakdown in the middle of nowhere during the nite. Mines set to not even take voice mails. You have to call my house to leave a message, and I have no desire to text. So to me its a phone and what it was invented for. I dont use 5 mins a month of time.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 08-23-2017).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Use your email to send someone a photo...you dont need PIP. Im not arguing...just stating my personal thoughts on it. I feel sorry for people who have to design their whole life around a phone....OR a computer. I could throw my phone away tommorrow and not miss it at all. Its simply another little convenience to be able to call or be called for something important. My ONLY real reason for having one are my home security systems call the cell number. It also calls the police, so it could be dropped. Also have it in case of a breakdown in the middle of nowhere during the nite. Mines set to not even take voice mails. You have to call my house to leave a message, and I have no desire to text. So to me its a phone and what it was invented for. I dont use 5 mins a month of time.

If there was a easy way to post pictures from my phone, I would post you a cookie
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(it'll have to do)
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will he lend me a comb?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its the internet. Any photo storage will change over time.
I have used several "free" sites and now they are holding me hostage. **** them
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Monkeyman, I see your point but nothing is really that important it cant wait till your home. If it is, there are free computers in places like libraries.

Roger --- Just as 1 example, my folks recently returned from a 6+ week vacation. They traveled (by car) from NC to Indiana, Wisconsin, all the way to Washington state then down to Utah and Colorado before coming home. They saw some wonderful sights and wanted to share them with their family and friends. They could have waited until they got home to post all those pics (they ended up with hundreds of them) but they figured others could share in their enjoyment and sort of take the trip with them if they posted the pics as they went. Personally, I'm glad they did. When they stopped somewhere where they had good wifi, they used their laptop(s). Many times, wifi wasn't available (or the speeds sucked) so they posted from their phones. I told them to be extra cautious using public wifi as that's a good way to get malware, virii (viruses?) and generally hacked.

I understand your point about people who can't spend 2 seconds off their phone. I use my phone a lot but I wouldn't feel a part of me was missing if the phone was gone, either. To each, their own, right, brother?
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...just stating my personal thoughts on it.

Sure that's what we all are doing.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-24-2017).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One big problem is Many free and paid servers have wrapped img w/ url and is a pain to read posts w/ them. example: {url=https://ibb.co/xxxxx}{img=https://preview.ibb.co/nnn/xxxxx.jpg}{/url}
This often breaks PFF img size icon handling for 3rd party servers etc. (those Icons to warn img is over 150 300 etc size before you DL.)
Doesn't help to view a picture on small screens at most sites not just PFF.

Many people do not use img thumb and threads w/ big pictures or a lot of smaller images are hard to read even on most PC.
FF w/ picture zoom plugins only helps a little. Many have 3-10+ huge pictures and need to zoom out each one to read the text each time you load that page.

Sort of... With WinXP many use Windows SteadyState that locks pretty must everything. You can DL even install programs but gone next reboot.

Win7 and later have to edit registry etc. Some use Virtual Machines that revert the "disk" to the a clean setup too.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why are you arguing this?

Because he's Roger, that's why. Looks like I haven't missed much in my time away.

PIP always worked great for me but if I recall correctly it doesn't work with Apple operating systems so if you have an iPhone your screwed. For what it's worth, there are a ton of free image hosting sites out there but with those you always run the risk of that site going down and with it all of your pictures. Ever search tech for a picture of a certain part you were looking for and come across those annoying red x's?

I used to be on the side that my phone's web browser does fine with PFF until I joined a few Jeep forums that had apps and it is sooooo much better.

Also, I'm willing to bet there are members here that don't have a computer and their phone is their only access to the internet. On top of that, not everybody in this great country lives in a city and the local library might be quite a ways away.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock