Started on: 08-14-2017 10:57 AM
Replies: 16 (361 views)
Last post by: Khw on 08-21-2017 10:32 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2017 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old Mao Zedong must be laughing from his grave...

http://www.foxbusiness.com/...chrysler-report.html

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCAU) has attracted takeover interest from multiple Chinese automakers, according to a new report Monday.

An unidentified Chinese automaker extended at least one offer this month to acquire Fiat Chrysler, industry publication Automotive News said. Fiat Chrysler rejected the bid, which was said to provide a small premium over the company’s market value. The report added that executives at other large car makers in China are evaluating a potential buyout and recently met with groups that represent U.S. dealers.

Chinese delegations were also spotted inside Fiat Chrysler’s headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan, last week. Meanwhile, Fiat Chrysler executives reportedly went to China and met with Great Wall Motor. Dongfeng Motor, Volvo owner Zhejiang Geely Holding Group and Fiat Chrysler’s Chinese joint venture partner Guangzhou Automobile Group are potentially interested as well, according to the report.

More at the link

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-14-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2017 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please will someone from the good old US of A purchase Jeep from the current group of fools and save it from further destruction.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2017 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
China owning Ferrari?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2017 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A company sounding like women's breasts already owns 2 historic brand names...Jaguar and LandRover...
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2017 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

A company sounding like women's breasts already owns 2 historic brand names...Jaguar and LandRover...

They are middle-east owned, right?

The only major brand I know china owns is Volvo.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2017 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

They are middle-east owned, right?

The only major brand I know china owns is Volvo.

Tata Motors..India.

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2017 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Tata Motors..India.

Why does that remind me of spinning tassels?
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2017 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm, I always figured Ford would be the first of the Big 3 to get bought up by the Chinese. Maybe not.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2017 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Hmmmm, I always figured Ford would be the first of the Big 3 to get bought up by the Chinese. Maybe not.

Really?

Ford has never been for sale or in that bad of a situation. Where as Chrysler can't stand on its own. Was just recently for sale (or how ever you want to describe it) when Fiat bought it. Then the Fiat guy is constantly looking for someone to partner with.
1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2017 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ford will probably be the last to ever die.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2017 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am pretty sure it was Ford who sold Volvo to China, and Jaguar and Land Rover to the titties, or um Tata.

I am pretty sure Ford reduced themselves to just Ford and Lincoln.

Where both GM and Chrysler have more brands.

GM is reducing there brands recently also with selling Vauxhall and Opel. Obviously they got rid of Oldmobile and Pontiac back in the day.

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 08-14-2017).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2017 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do RAM trucks have anything do to with Chrysler or "Dodge", I don't follow it much but know its just called RAM not Dodge Trucks.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2017 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Do RAM trucks have anything do to with Chrysler or "Dodge", I don't follow it much but know its just called RAM not Dodge Trucks.

FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) owns Dodge and Ram.

I was wrong though, Fiat no longer owns Ferrari

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 08-15-2017).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Ram is just a name just as is Silverado

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2017 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) owns Dodge and Ram.

I was wrong though, Fiat no longer owns Ferrari

I think they still own Maserati and Alfa Romeo tho.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Please will someone from the good old US of A purchase Jeep from the current group of fools and save it from further destruction.

Someone is interested, but not someone from the good old US of A..
http://www.autonews.com/art...hina-great-wall-jeep
https://www.washingtonpost....4e6ec070a_story.html

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am pretty sure it was Ford who sold Volvo to China, and Jaguar and Land Rover to the titties, or um Tata.

I am pretty sure Ford reduced themselves to just Ford and Lincoln.

Where both GM and Chrysler have more brands.

GM is reducing there brands recently also with selling Vauxhall and Opel. Obviously they got rid of Oldmobile and Pontiac back in the day.

Maybe that's why the Volvo S80 a friend owned was so problematic.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 08-21-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock