Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  How would U 'write' a next chapter 4 Charlottesville, after the Untie The Right day?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How would U 'write' a next chapter 4 Charlottesville, after the Untie The Right day? by rinselberg
Started on: 08-13-2017 07:55 AM
Replies: 37 (498 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 08-17-2017 11:26 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once I knew a guy who was jonesing to sign up for an advanced math class. He had a counselor who said "Why not chill with a fictional writing seminar instead? Just for 's**ts'. You'll thank me later."

Whatever. Here's my "take". It pleased me to write it, and it pleases me to "post" it. To donate it to a public (cyber)space. Just for 's**ts'.

By sundown on Saturday next—August 19—contractors with blowtorches and jackhammers, working without charge to the city of Charlottesville, will have removed every last trace of the two equestrian statues of Confederate generals; the one statute, of Robert E. Lee, in Emancipation Park, and the other, of Thomas J. Jackson, in Justice Park. Like those Servpro ads on cable TV. “Like It (the statues) Never Even Happened.”

Our city government had a plan underway to remove these statues from the public domain and relocate them, with the assistance of private entrepreneurs, to a nearby museum where anyone with a sincere interest in the statues, or in the history they represent, could still have viewed them.

But that wasn’t good enough for you “alt-right” people. Not good enough for your “alt-right” patron saints and cheerleaders, Steve-orino “deconstruct it” Bannon, Stephen “thousand yard stare” Miller and Sebastian “needs to be put to sleep” Gorka. So you came here from within the city and from far away, pretending like you cared about these statues, but fully intent on only one real purpose: Stinking up the joint.

If we could have pulled it off, we would have persuaded everyone who doesn’t adore your “alt-right” baloney to completely ignore your demonstration—your exercise of your First Amendment rights. We would have persuaded everyone who is not “alt-right” to be somewhere else during the morning and afternoon of August 19. To find something else to do, and do it somewhere else, well beyond seeing distance and shouting distance and projectile-throwing distance from Emancipation Park.

We figured that with the run of Emancipation Park all to yourselves (and the ever-present media), and no one else to disturb or fight with (except among yourselves), you’d have all been bored to death with it well before sundown and ready to call it a “day”.

Unfortunately, human nature is not that perfect. We knew we couldn’t pull that off.

As for the statues themselves: no great loss. They were commissioned in 1917 and erected in 1921 (Jackson) and 1924 (Lee), respectively. They were provided to the city of Charlottesville by a philanthropist—or, in more common parlance, a “rich white dude”—named Paul Goodlow Mcintyre.

These were not epic works of art. They were not even close to the level achieved by the celebrated “sculptor of the Confederacy”, the innovative George Julian Zolnay, whose “Angel of the Spirit of the Confederacy”, carved in relief on a 32-foot high granite shaft, was just removed from Forest Park in St Louis at the end of June.

George Zolnay was known as an American of Hungarian ethnicity. He was born in Eastern Europe, in a place that is part of current day Romania. He was an immigrant to this country.

That monument is now in protective storage, awaiting the discovery of a more suitable location outside of St Louis where it can be put on display again.

These Charlottesville statues were just run of the mill “equestrians”, cast, like countless other pieces of kitsch, at the Roman Bronze Works in Brooklyn. Just like thousands of similarly boring equestrian statues, all around the world. Artistically speaking, they were a “dime a dozen”. Kind of ugly, actually. No one will miss them.

Eventually, the city of Charlottesville may put up a modestly-sized tablet of some kind, with an inscription, where the Robert E. Lee statue used to be. (If we can find a donor for it.) It will read something like this:

This is the site where an equestrian statute of the Confederate general, Robert E. Lee, was erected in 1924. It was removed in 2017.

As for Robert E. Lee himself, We the People of Charlottesville revile him for his treason against the United States of America, and condemn him for putting his mind and hand to the machinery of rebellion and war, in the service of trying to perpetuate the institution of Afro-American slavery in the United States, and in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

We also remember that after the horrors of the Civil War, Robert E. Lee dedicated himself to a new and better purpose: to reconcile the North and South and to “MVGA”—Make Virginia Great Again.

For that, we temper our indictment of him, and leave his final judgement to the Almighty.

The next time you “alt right” folks want to pretend like you want to save a Confederate monument—and there are many more Confederate monuments to be saved—here’s the memo :

Don’t stage another “Unite the Right” fiasco. Assemble peacefully under the banner of the “Ad Hoc Committee to Save the Statue of Confederate General What’s-His-Face”. Don’t bring weapons. Leave the crypto-Nazi and “Klan” style garb and other goofy cult paraphernalia at home.

As for you “antifa” types, who were all too willing to confront the “alt right” crowd and become their foil for the “sport” of duking it out on the streets and greatly disturbing the public peace and safety of Charlottesville:

This is not your victory. The statues are gone. We’ve left you with one less thing to fight about. One more item struck off your “bucket list”. Hope you enjoyed it, but this one’s over. You’ll just have to wait for the next stupidity pandemic to break out—or find something else to do with your lives.

We estimated that it would have cost some $700,000 to remove and relocate the two equestrian statues.

Thanks to the Servpro “Like It (the statues) Never Even Happened” solution, the city of Charlottesville will not have to incur that rather substantial expenditure, or trouble ourselves to seek donors for it.

OrangeYouGlad?

For public release; August 13, 2017.
The Mayor and City Council of Charlottesville, Virginia.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-13-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Keel

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2017 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's been fun, all of these 93 years, but now I'm looking forward to a brand new gig in the recycled metals sector.

Servpro. Like It Never Even Happened.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2017 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

The South didn't necessarily fight for slavery; many fought for a way of life. The North came to take from the South. The South had as much right to fight for their way of life as the Native Americans--and for the same reasons.

Edit: Slavery never went away; it just changed names and expanded its demographic.

Yup.. the war wasn't about slavery.. it was about states rights.. most have forgot that.. slavery was just one of the many reasons..
I think if I was the white man, I'd wait till they have removed every trace of the war and slavery.. and then ,say. what are you talking about there was no slavery, and no war.. and then ask these bright lights that are try'n to erase/re-write history to prove it..
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2017 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is the problem Rinse, and what started the whole mess yesterday. Stick it in a private museum..

for 50+ years the left has been trying to de-value and erase the white male. History, heritage, past-times, everything. First with "affirmative action", and then an ever-increasing net of programs, laws and social engineering. "Minority" migration.

We have basically been turned into (media portrayal) a bunch of walking paycheque buffoon Al Bundies. While that show was funny, it IS a somewhat accurate depiction of the way society and "the system" view the white male.

It has been a 50-year war of psychological attacks and degradation, and take-take-take. TAKE our pays, TAKE our homes, TAKE our kids, TAKE our assets, TAKE our pride.

What I think the "next chapter" is going to be, is ever-increasing violence,ever-increasing unity of the right, and sooner rather than later a full-blown war ending with the left hosed in gulags where they belong. Actually, gulags if we are kind, graves if we arent.

You are watching something waking up that would have been better left asleep. What Hitler did to rally Germans against oppression in the 1930's Trump is doing as a rallying point for the right here in North America.

The left is going to learn the hard way we WILL defend whats ours.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 08-13-2017).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2017 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take my negs. **** you.

Ronald, that teacher should have put you into math class.

How many threads do we need of this?

The twenty year old was not a domestic terrorist like being portrayed. Even if he was/is a killer, I can see how having your car pounded on would put fear into a person.

EVERY MEDIA OUTLET IS CALLING THIS DOMESTIC TERRORISM. NOT THE SHOOTINGS OF THE LEFT DELIBERATELY, BUT AT THIS MOMENT, AND INITIALLY, THIS IS WHAT DOMESTIC TERRORISM LOOKS LIKE. NOT THE THOUSANDS OF MURDERS COMMITTED YEARLY BY BLACKS. THIS IS WHAT WE SHOULD FEAR?

Again, **** you for advocating false fear. **** Boondawg, **** Threedog, **** you fake mother****ers that continue to ruin a good thing. This internet thing is a joke. **** you...

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all of the "guests" that have checked in with me here this morning. Including Keel... an "edgy" response there, with the bananas and all. All interesting "takes" from different personal perspectives.

I'm not sure whether I will add anything more, or what that might be.

Maybe some other members of my "audience" will check in as today (or Monday) rolls by.

I like to imagine myself as another cable TV news and op-ed style program anchor. Just for 's**ts'.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Tony Kania joins the discussion panel... even as I was posting.

This discussion thread is ^

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is all a vast conspiracy by the capitalist dogs at Uber and Google, designed to hasten the adoption of self driving cars.

If driving is outlawed......

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a bit confused. I'm not for sure what "alt-right" really is, but I have always understood that white supremacist and the KKK are people of the Democratic Party left. Westboro Baptist people and etc. They have always been part of the white Democratic Party establishment and base.

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2017 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alt-right (at least around Southern Ontario) is mostly conservative/ republican-types who favor getting rid (once and for all) of all the special-interest, minority rights and entitlements, CRAP that has permeated society...

Past member Dobey makes a good subject test case....

As far as he was concerned his great-great-great grand-daddy was a slave and he is black so is OWED free money, free cars, free house and basically a free ride for life.He had a million-gazzilion ways of approaching the issue, but it all came down to "I'm black, you owe me, gimme stuff". Imptergrunts and migrants are the same..."I came from XXXX and you are white and live here so you OWE me. I WANT and I wont shut up or go away until I get what I'm entitled to.(some are worse than others). Then there is the feminists..."I was born with tits so I am in charge and you will give me everything I want and do as I say or I'll call the cops and lawyers"

Alt-Right is about telling people like that "Go **** yourself" with no room for discussion or negotiation. If it takes a border wall with snipers nests and machine guns on top to acomplish it....I dont see the problem.

Basically its a "Me 1st, NOT you 1st" ideal towards these special-interests.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 08-13-2017).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How would I write a next chapter 4 Charlottesville after the Untie The Right day?

With a lot less quote marks, parenthesis and bold type.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2017 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And, if he is guilty, let him burn for using his car as a weapon to mame and kill. That is not a way to an end. Even if his car was being blocked, no-one should die.
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Even if his car was being blocked, no-one should die.

I wonder if Reginald Denny still thinks that's a feasible option...

I don't agree with either side in the whole melee, and IMO some guy from Ohio shouldn't have been there in the first place. But you can't hold someone's sense of self preservation against him.

The simple solution is to look both ways before crossing the street. No need to get hit by a car. Another simple solution is not to try to drive through the middle of a riot. Both sides are at fault.

[This message has been edited by D B Cooper (edited 08-13-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Even if his car was being blocked, no-one should die.

It was not blocked. It was attacked.
When attacked, people either take up flight or fight. He killed two birds with one stone.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2017 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D B Cooper:

I wonder if Reginald Denny still thinks that's a feasible option...

I don't agree with either side in the whole melee, and IMO some guy from Ohio shouldn't have been there in the first place. But you can't hold someone's sense of self preservation against him.

The simple solution is to look both ways before crossing the street. No need to get hit by a car. Another simple solution is not to try to drive through the middle of a riot. Both sides are at fault.

WRONG both sides were not wrong.. it is illegal to block roadways.
So, if they were not illegally blocking the roads, breaking the law they never get hit..
We will never see the whole video.. as those local leaders fear a riot/loot/arson melt down so truth don't matter anymore.. MOB RULES..
Wonder how many would sit there in park as their car got hammered in windows, rocks thrown at it. people surrounding it.. and an unruly mob at that, if they just sit in park, or put it in gear and get the _______ outta there..
Even if he snapped.. if not one was blocking the road he'd have to go over the sidewalk to hit them.. then you might be right that both sides were wrong..

I find it shocking that this whole thing started from snowflakes being offended by carved rocks showing part of history..
Now, these same people that claimed they are offended by these displays.. and it reminds them of slavery.. are the same ones that DEMAND you ADDRESS them as AFRICAN AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. You know their homeland, the place that STILL TODAY is in the slavery business and trade.. but that they are not bothered by one bit.. zero phucks given there.. So the whole b/s about those displays reminding them of slavery that they never EVER delt with.. They never picked cotton nor did their parents or their parents parents.. is total b/s it's all about re-writing history.. and removing any history of "some" .. Funny the displays of MLK don't bring back those bad offended feelings of racism.. only "some" displays that are historic reminders..
BUT. we have come to learn that if it is black on black killing it is ok per BLM as they never protest that **** .
We have learned that a black being shot by a black cop is ok as they don't protest that..
We learned that black selling blacks to blacks as slaves is ok as BLM don't protest that. drop the AFRICAN part of AFRICAN AMERICAN.. even tho.. that is also a reminder..
Many both black and white see these groups for what they are.. hate groups hiding behind social justice causes..
And they are allowed to riot and destroy everything.. just because..
but if a bunch of southerners want to protest the removal of historic displays.. they are neo-nazi's ,racist, scum..
Many of all races are not buying this load of crap no more.. I'm surprised it took this long..
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you saying they're not neo-Nazi racist scum? What about the Nazi salutes and swastikas? Roadway? I understood that it was a mall.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 08-13-2017).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2017 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Are you saying they're not neo-Nazi racist scum? What about the Nazi salutes and swastikas? Roadway? I understood that it was a mall.

ARe you saying they all are/were?? stereotype much.. I'm sure some were but all or even most is a stretch ..
news flash buttercup road in a mall/park are still roads.. you can and will still get tickets on them for blowing a stop sign/speeding/etc..
as you were say'n..
Are you a card carrying member of antifa yet , it's right up your alley.. They hate what The US of A stands for. but are all for more socialistic gimmie gimmie gimmie.

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 08-13-2017).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

ARe you saying they all are/were?? stereotype much.. I'm sure some were but all or even most is a stretch ..
news flash buttercup road in a mall/park are still roads.. you can and will still get tickets on them for blowing a stop sign/speeding/etc..
as you were say'n..
Are you a card carrying member of antifa yet , it's right up your alley.. They hate what The US of A stands for. but are all for more socialistic gimmie gimmie gimmie.

I'm not a card carrying member of antifa. I've been informed that antifa is not the same as anti-fascist. I am very much anti-fascist. I assumed that since the other protesters seemed to be comfortable with those Nazis in their midst that they liked them or condoned them. I could be wrong. That's just how it looked to me.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2017 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not a card carrying member of antifa. I've been informed that antifa is not the same as anti-fascist. I am very much anti-fascist. I assumed that since the other protesters seemed to be comfortable with those Nazis in their midst that they liked them or condoned them. I could be wrong. That's just how it looked to me.

Do you even know why they booked (yes they pulled a permit) to protest .. And no it wasn't the south will rise again and start chain gangs again.

Sorry, if those displays reminded these generations so removed from slavery or any of the true reasons for the civil war.. of slavery and racism..
Then remove all of mlk displays also.. and rosa parks..
To many of these a-h's forget it was the evil whites that fount that war, and the evil whites that ran the underground railroad..
All this crap they claim is fake, they want to remove anything that shows That euro-American ever set foot here, they did this in Africa pushed all the white farmers out now they starve..
wake up.. the social justice cause/mask they are hiding behind they give zero phucks about..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 08-13-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you even know why they booked (yes they pulled a permit) to protest .. And no it wasn't the south will rise again and start chain gangs again.

Why did they book?
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2017 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why did they book?

Protesting the removal of a historic display..
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Protesting the removal of a historic display..

OK, that explains the Nazi salutes and the swastikas right?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Evil whites" fighting the Civil War as Union soldiers. (They're all made up here with blackface.)

Click to show

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah the union was made made up of one black regiment that won the whole war. lol

shem
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
President Trump was right to condemn the violence and actions of many that was involved. I'm sure the anti-protesters (what the media calls them) and those protesting (from what ever group, KKK, Neo-Nazi, and etc) that they should have let the instigation and violence at home in their angry hearts. I've seen the video footage of anti-protesters spitting on, throwing bottles and rocks, punching and shoving the protesters, so they were not peaceful protesting in my book.

But then this known Trump-hater, runs over the anti-protesters and now the sympathizers of violence against white supremacist, like Dratt, 3Dogs and others like them are claiming they won the moral side of the violence that took place yesterday.

I'm with the President that most who were involved in this were bigots and are responsible for what happened and that they should be condemned for their action, on all sides.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 08-13-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Yeah the union was made made up of one black regiment that won the whole war. lol

Were blacks accepted, by and large, if they wanted to become Union soldiers?

Weren't there a lot of blacks that served indirectly, as low-wage workers doing low status kind of work for the Union Army? Because they were not allowed to become front line soldiers?

You sound like a guy who might know more about this aspect of it than I do.

I think it's kind of a stretch or a tangent to get from what just happened in Charlottesville, to this point in the discussion. About white soldiers and black soldiers during the Civil War. Too many steps involved in connecting 2017 with 1863, on this point.

Tell me I'm wrong though. What harm if another "snowflake" were to (sadly) melt away.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Originally posted by Wichita:

Who's the "known Trump-hater"..?

I think the guy who rammed into some people with his car had social media activity that was very pro-Trump.

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Were blacks accepted, by and large, if they wanted to become Union soldiers?

Weren't there a lot of blacks that served indirectly, as low-wage workers doing low status kind of work for the Union Army? Because they were not allowed to become front line soldiers?

You sound like a guy who might know more about this aspect of it than I do.

I think it's kind of a stretch or a tangent to get from what just happened in Charlottesville, to this point in the discussion. About white soldiers and black soldiers during the Civil War. Too many steps involved in connecting 2017 with 1863, on this point.

Tell me I'm wrong though. What harm if another "snowflake" were to (sadly) melt away.

Damn, you almost made it a whole post. Too bad about that last line, but keep it up, your thoughts are coming through better.

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

President Trump was right to condemn the violence and actions of many that was involved. I'm sure the anti-protesters (what the media calls them) and those protesting (from what ever group, KKK, Neo-Nazi, and etc) that they should have let the instigation and violence at home in their angry hearts. I've seen the video footage of anti-protesters spitting on, throwing bottles and rocks, punching and shoving the protesters, so they were not peaceful protesting in my book.

But then this known Trump-hater, runs over the anti-protesters and now the sympathizers of violence against white supremacist, like Dratt, 3Dogs and others like them are claiming they won the moral side of the violence that took place yesterday.

I'm with the President that most who were involved in this were bigots and are responsible for what happened and that they should be condemned for their action, on all sides.

Where did you see me say that I condone spitting, punching, shoving, throwing bottles etc? or sympathizing violence against white supremacists. I will only resort to violence in self defense and I try to avoid any situation that might lead to it.
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2017 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It really dont matter if it was a road, a mall, or a parking lot. If your not in a marked crosswalk get the hell out. A mob blocks me even at a Walmart parking lot, there will be a price to pay.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2017 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been informed that antifa is not the same as anti-fascist. I am very much anti-fascist.

Bernie promotes fascist ideals though.

Characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and control of industry and commerce

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-17-2017).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2017 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

How would I write a next chapter 4 Charlottesville after the Untie The Right day?

With a lot less quote marks, parenthesis and bold type.

Pretty much sums up my feelings:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pNfdii-r38g

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

I sincerely hope that life is never discovered on another planet because, sure as hell Progressives and Socialists will want to send them money.

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2017 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, well I ain't swapping blood with ANY of you guys until I see papers.

I mean have you READ some of the things that go on in some members' lives?
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2017 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, well I ain't swapping blood with ANY of you guys until I see papers.

I'm up to date on all my shots with the exception of Shingles and I'll get that next week thank you.....
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2017 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I'm up to date on all my shots with the exception of Shingles and I'll get that next week thank you.....

Yeah, pretty sad day when our biggest concern is Shingles.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2017 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are a lucky guy. I have spared you the details.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock