Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  To dream the impossible... burger. Vegan 'burger' bleeds like choice ground beef. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
To dream the impossible... burger. Vegan 'burger' bleeds like choice ground beef. by rinselberg
Started on: 07-08-2017 01:30 PM
Replies: 89 (1212 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 11-30-2021 08:28 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"
Our burger is made from simple, all-natural ingredients such as wheat, coconut oil, and potatoes. What makes the Impossible Burger unlike all others is an ingredient called 'Heme.' Heme is a basic building block of life on Earth, including plants, but it’s uniquely abundant in meat. We discovered that Heme is what makes meat smell, sizzle, bleed, and taste gloriously meaty. Consider it the “magic ingredient” that makes our burger a carnivore’s dream.

"

And the best thing about it is that it's been created in California's world famous Silicon Valley.

OK, maybe that's not the best thing about it.

Saving the Planet never tasted so good--I hope. But I really don't know yet myself. It's being touted (no surprise here) as a significant reduction in agricultural acreage and greenhouse gas emissions, compared to the ground beef product.

It was just reported on MSNBC. I am going to make it a point to try one soon. The Impossible Foods website has a Locations tab. Austin, Dallas, Anaheim, Houston, Oakland, New York, Pasadena, Las Vegas, Palo Alto and Costa Mesa. It's a dine-out offering only, not available yet at any supermarkets or grocers. A dine-out offering, or order one "to go."

https://www.impossiblefoods.com

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-08-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2017 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is another interesting bit of trivia....

People who get in the way of a carnivores delicious, mouth-watering, bleed-when-cut, red-meat meal ALSO tend to bleed when cut.

Screw the planet. My belly comes 1st and the world will be Trumped !!!

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-08-2017).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2017 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it is not a burger. Definitions mean something to me.

Your fascination with the absurd is fascinating to say the least.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My dearly departed wife was a life long strict vegetarian.

Was it the vegetarianism that did her in?

The lack of some basic ingredient in her diet?

Who knows?

But she's still dead.

And she had a hell of a sense of humor so you can go ahead and laugh.

viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so more human farts from a fiber rich diet. And less cattle being slaughtered. This is suppose to lower the gas effect? Am I the only one who noticed that living cattle fart more than the dead ones?
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"
Our burger is made from simple, all-natural ingredients such as wheat, coconut oil, and potatoes. What makes the Impossible Burger unlike all others is an ingredient called 'Heme.' Heme is a basic building block of life on Earth, including plants, but it’s uniquely abundant in meat. We discovered that Heme is what makes meat smell, sizzle, bleed, and taste gloriously meaty. Consider it the “magic ingredient” that makes our burger a carnivore’s dream.

"

And the best thing about it is that it's been created in California's world famous Silicon Valley.

OK, maybe that's not the best thing about it.

Saving the Planet never tasted so good--I hope. But I really don't know yet myself. It's being touted (no surprise here) as a significant reduction in agricultural acreage and greenhouse gas emissions, compared to the ground beef product.

It was just reported on MSNBC. I am going to make it a point to try one soon. The Impossible Foods website has a Locations tab. Austin, Dallas, Anaheim, Houston, Oakland, New York, Pasadena, Las Vegas, Palo Alto and Costa Mesa. It's a dine-out offering only, not available yet at any supermarkets or grocers. A dine-out offering, or order one "to go."

https://www.impossiblefoods.com

Hahah... that's pretty funny.

I'm certainly not speaking for all carnivores and omnivores; however, I don't know how many people eat the meat BECAUSE it bleeds. Maybe the people who created this forgot to do the marketing and realize that we eat it for the taste... not to satisfy some kind of prehistoric desire.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am an unabashed meateater. I have had acceptable veggie-burgers, acceptable only because I was not expecting meat. I do like a grilled portobello sandwich.

I would certainly give this stuff a try. Who knows? I could be pleasantly surprised.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Hahah... that's pretty funny. I'm certainly not speaking for all carnivores and omnivores; however, I don't know how many people eat the meat BECAUSE it bleeds. Maybe the people who created this forgot to do the marketing and realize that we eat it for the taste... not to satisfy some kind of prehistoric desire.

Ah-heme (a small pun here) "We discovered that Heme is what makes meat smell, sizzle, bleed, and taste gloriously meaty."

I will bump this thread with my review, as soon as I have the chance to try it.

It looked very appealing on the MSNBC video segment. First in the form of ground "beef." Then shaped into a large, thick "burger." Bleeding as it cooked on the grill, and finally served up on a plate, hamburger style, in a bun.

It looked like a very upscale burger looks (I've seen them.) The kind of burger the "one-percenters" like to have. (I was masquerading as a one-percenter that day.) The kind of burger that is brought out from the restaurant kitchen to the table, garnished with a blank IRS form for the customer's Capital Gains Tax.

That's why I decided to make this a Pennock's post.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2017 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a meal that included a burger for just over $120 at one time. The burger and fries came in at just under $10, and the lap dances were $80. I left a $30 tip.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
I had a meal that included a burger for just over $120 at one time. The burger and fries came in at just under $10, and the lap dances were $80. I left a $30 tip.

Was it a vegan burger or a fur burger, ?
I like a little vegan on my burger. A little lettuce, some tomato, I guess bread is not a vegetable. If I were to try a vegan burger could I have meat on the side ?

Dammit, my ham sandwich is not bleeding.

Screw the vegan diet. Especially if it needs what ever it is that makes it bleed, makes it seem like it is bleeding because it is not. That sounds like a lesbian with a strap on.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this "Heme" that they are talking about--the "magic ingredient" that causes the all-vegan Impossible Burger to "bleed" on the grill--is the same molecule that causes cattle blood (and our blood) to have the color Red. A molecule that binds an Iron atom in a chemical compound with one or more Carbon atoms.

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think this "Heme" that they are talking about--the "magic ingredient" that causes the all-vegan Impossible Burger to "bleed" on the grill--is the same molecule that causes cattle blood (and our blood) to have the color Red. A molecule that binds an Iron atom in a chemical compound with one or more Carbon atoms.

Wouldn't hemoglobin make it non-vegan?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19401 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by cliffw:

Was it a vegan burger or a fur burger, ?

So, Red Wing is more than just work boots?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
So, Red Wing is more than just work boots?

Not to me, but Detroit does have a hockey team named the Red Wings, and the town of Red Wing is located in Minnesota. Red Wing also sells shoes.

There are Red Wing work boots and "vegan" work boots that look like work boots. Sorta like a vegan burger that bleeds like a burger. Why the hell would a vegan want a vegan burger that bleeds ?
Why am I even in this ridiculous thread ? Perhaps I thought it would remind me of a real thread.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2017 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The real thread is used to stich up those bleeding burgers so they dont bleed anymore.

Heme kinda takes the point out of it though.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "heme" that is the so-called magic ingredient of the Impossible Burger is a soybean-derived protein called "leghemoglobin." (It's "leg" as in legumes, I think.) It's similar to, but not the same as myoglobin, which is what gives the red coloration to cattle (and human) blood and the red or pink coloration of voluntary muscle tissue.

So the Impossible Burger is a 100-percent vegan product. Nothing "animal" about it.

Impossible Foods, FAQs
https://www.impossiblefoods.com/faq/

Disrupting the Cow: This Plant-Based Burger Smells, Tastes, and Bleeds Like the Real Thing
Chiara Sottile and Jo Ling Kent for NBC News; July 8, 2017.
http://www.nbcnews.com/tech...s-real-thing-n780721

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-09-2017).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find it amusing that vegans/vegetarians attempt to make their vegetables taste more like the stuff they don't want to eat... I don't see the omnivores out here trying to make their steak taste like corn on the cob...
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not a vegan, by any means.

But I don't see any contradiction or hypocrisy in trying to develop a vegan alternative to beef that smells, sounds (as it cooks), looks and tastes like beef. Ground beef, in this case.

I don't know of anyone who thinks that it would be better for the planet, or better for the global ecosystem, to raise and devour more "head" of large, four-legged livestock like cattle and hogs, to keep pace with human demand, instead of "plussing up" on other ways to produce or harvest food.

Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2017 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've tried most of the vegie burgers, none taste like burgers, nor do they taste like vegies.. Just make something that has a good taste to it, that you are not burying with crap to make it taste good..
I don't get it, If I want vegies I'll eat a salad, or a side of vegies , or a vegie only stir-fry , That taste 100 times better than , Whatever grade d vegies they grind up and press into a burger than flash freeze..
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All vegans/vegetarians only do it as they want/think they are better than other people.
In reality I have yet to meet a smart vegan/vegetarian, all so far are total morons.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

In reality I have yet to meet a smart vegan/vegetarian, all so far are total morons.

Deceased wife graduated Summa Cum Laude with an MS in Special Education.

And it wasn't just book smarts either. Before her career change she was a $90K manufacturing manger in the electronics industry with 200 people under her direction.

She made the choice to be a vegetarian both for moral and health reasons and never once did she judge anyone else for their own choices.

So, dead?

Yes.

Moron?

No.
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P.eople
E.ating
T.asty
A.nimals

Edit to add: without going into detail, I stand by my previous statement.

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 07-09-2017).]

Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2017 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Deceased wife graduated Summa Cum Laude with an MS in Special Education.

And it wasn't just book smarts either. Before her career change she was a $90K manufacturing manger in the electronics industry with 200 people under her direction.

She made the choice to be a vegetarian both for moral and health reasons and never once did she judge anyone else for their own choices.

So, dead?

Yes.

Moron?

No.

What if the lack of iron from red meat, was what caused her sickness??
I won't call someone I don't know , or that is dead that I never met a moron..
But the fact that just because we can't communicate with fruits and vegies don't mean they don't suffer, or feel pain.. As that is the reason most vegans use for not eating animals..
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Keel:

But the fact that just because we can't communicate with fruits and vegies don't mean they don't suffer, or feel pain.. As that is the reason most vegans use for not eating animals..

Exactly, just because it doesn't move, makes it ok to eat.?.? it is still a life-form.

May as well eat retarded people, same thing right?.?.?

One/many people becoming vegans will not stop one cow from dying, it would only put meat on sale for the rest of us.

I have yet to see one "fact" that say not eating meat is healthier. no hippie/vegan BS but an actual proven (not by vegans) fact

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 07-09-2017).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So the Impossible Burger is a 100-percent vegan product. Nothing "animal" about it.

Soy about that. I've bean wrong before.
I wonder if they will sell it here. If nodule tell me cow vegan find it where we live.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

She had MS.

There are a lot of theories out there as to the cause but it's such a variable disease with vastly different outcomes for different people that they can't pin it down.

Genetic? Environment? Nutrition? Virus? All possibilities.

She was of Northern European descent. Not enough sunlight? Maybe. Turns out Scotland has one of the highest incidences of MS.

She worked in the microelectronics industry with a lot of organic chemicals, another flag.

She was a vegetarian. Lack of B vitamins is on the list of possible causes.

She also had a low natural body temp of 96 degrees which is another theory.

She was also a staunch Republican. So maybe......................

And that was my point with my response. Painting all vegetarians with the same brush is no different than painting all Christians, Muslims, Rural Whites or Inner City Blacks the same way.

Apparently not everyone thinks the way you and I do. I mean, the other poster even went to the trouble of doubling down on his "moron" smear. He could have just shut up but that's not what we do on the 'net, am I right?

..... As that is the reason most vegans use for not eating animals..

See, a little bit of the broad brush again.

Actually, it's split. Some commit for moral reasons and some for health.

Total Vegans tend to be moralists while vegetarians tend to do it for health. Total Vegans are the ones who won't wear leather shoes and the like. Ovo/Lacto vegetarians don't eat meat, eggs or dairy but do wear leather and even run of the mill vegetarians have different dietary restrictions.

Might be a good idea if everyone stopped putting people in little boxes.

[This message has been edited by RayOtton (edited 07-09-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as I'm concerned, it's all just hypothetical until I actually try an Impossible Burger. If I don't like it, that's the end of it, from my perspective.

I haven't shopped the various kinds of vegan burger offerings that are available, but when I saw this one, I had a lunch hunch that this is one that falls outside of the already well established boundaries for this kind of product. I think this "heme-based" approach is something new. If anyone wants to make sense of that, they need to (ahem) digest what I posted earlier on this thread, before it got to this point.

This isn't about sparing the lives of beef cattle for sentimental reasons. It's about satisfying a globally expanding desire for burger-like entrees without having to raise and slaughter beef cattle to serve the people who would accept and perhaps even prefer this product as an alternative to ground beef. A person might think, hey, I like it, and I will stick with this instead of ground beef, and then go to bed every night after an Impossible Burger "day", looking forward to experiencing pleasant dreams about how their decision is reducing the global agricultural demand for water and ranch and feed crop acreage, and reducing their personal footprint in terms of the global summation of all human-related greenhouse gas emissions. Or they can have this instead of a beef burger every other time, or every two out of seven times, and have the same pleasant dreams, but less frequently, in proportion.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:
I find it amusing that vegans/vegetarians attempt to make their vegetables taste more like the stuff they don't want to eat... I don't see the omnivores out here trying to make their steak taste like corn on the cob...

I often double quote any opinions I have of people who offer opinions.

Yours stands proudly alone.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are those, however, who insist that their steak be left on the grill until it has the taste and texture of a tree. (but I'm pretty sure they are all communists)
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know of anyone who thinks that it would be better for the planet, or better for the global ecosystem, to raise and devour more "head" of large, four-legged livestock like cattle and hogs, to keep pace with human demand, instead of "plussing up" on other ways to produce or harvest food.

You don't know of anyone ? Am I a "nobody".

I don't know of anybody who thinks more labor crop tending is the way to go. Cows work for free, you just got to feed them a vegan burger every once in a while.

I had a Vegan Burger at the restaurant the wife and I went to. It wasn't called the impossible burger. It was called a chef salad. I tried some ketchup and mustard on it. Terrible. My wife put some A1 steak sauce on hers, a regular vegan salad. Terrible.

Maybe they need to put some fat in these vegan burgers that bleed. Can you even get a medium rare vegan burger ?

Don't get me wrong. Vegetables do have their place. They make fine wine, and beer. I like my broccoli, brussell sprouts, spinach, coliflower, and all kinds of beans. Potatoes. I like Potatoes too.

You are touting/spouting a delicacy you have not even tasted. Me thinks you are touting an ideology.
Eat your vegan burger. If it makes you feel like a Prius, I am happy for you.

Did you know ... if we have to produce more vegetables, more C02 would be released into the atmosphere. Which produce more ? Animals or vegetables. You will be surprised.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35855 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Can we put this bleeding magic ingredient in bacon ?
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think that I am touting an ideology. I am reporting on something that is new (or kind of new) that is at the intersection of biotechnology and dining. We all have to eat. I could have waited until I've had a chance to try an Impossible Burger myself, but it might be another week or 10 days before that happens. It's not a supermarket or grocery store product, and i wouldn't expect to find it on the menu except at the relatively limited locations that are listed on their website. (See my previous posts... must see my previous posts... )

Maybe someone here who thinks they might like it will "beat me to it." As far as trying one. There are locations in about a dozen or so different metropolitan areas in a few different states. This is a possibility that would not even exist, if it were not for my ReportHereBeforeEatOneMyself attitude.

I've seen many a news report on the theme that a beef burger has a larger greenhouse emissions footprint than any of the vegan or vegetarian substitutes. This can (and should be) revisited when (or if) the Impossible Burger is ready to transition from its current startup phase into large scale production. And why wouldn't it be revisited?

To produce a side-by-side comparison of the two products in terms of water, crop acreage, land allocations for grazing or pasturing of beef cattle, the energy requirements for every process in the chain that puts either a beef burger on a plate or an Impossible Burger on a plate. It's all about the metrics. It will be the work of the Department of Agriculture, and most likely involve research grants or contracts with universities that have Agriculture or Biotechnology departments.

Because, in the words of the President of France, Emmanuel Macron, it's our historic responsibility to "make the planet great again."

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2017 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can we put this bleeding magic ingredient in bacon ?

Its worth a try anyway.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2017 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

There are those, however, who insist that their steak be left on the grill until it has the taste and texture of a tree. (but I'm pretty sure they are all communists)

I think you are right...

They are trying to deny the red blood to every single red-blooded North American !!!!!!

Its a leftie-commie-progressive plot to feminize and eliminate us !!!!

(Either that, or part of some secret war against the vampires.)

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't think that I am touting an ideology. I am reporting on something that is new (or kind of new) that is at the intersection of biotechnology and dining.

... intersection of biotechnology and dining.

Your thinking skills are suspect. Vegan biotechnology ? Damn. The last I heard I was supposed to eat organic, .

You are reporting ? You have not even eaten one ? Let me fix that for you.

Cliffw
Has anyone eaten a bloody vegan burger ?

Insert your limited information. Taste one and report. Get the opinions of others. Give us your opinion, but you have none. You are regurgitating an ideology. We are not fooled.

I've seen many a news report on the theme that a beef burger has a larger greenhouse emissions footprint than any of the vegan or vegetarian substitutes. This can (and should be) revisited when (or if) the Impossible Burger is ready to transition from its current startup phase into large scale production. And why wouldn't it be revisited?

It should be revisited. Because the vegan burger footprint is dwarfed by the preferred beef preference. Yet, for some reason, some people think we shouldn't like real beef burgers, and yet again, they want us to eat a vegan burger that tastes like a beef burger.

I don't want a beef burger today. I want steak. Will I be able to use my Vegan knife ?

Ok, let me try to understand you. You can make my vegan bleed. Maybe. What does it taste like ? What vegetable is it made from ?
A vegan burger is a salad. Do they make a vegan hotdog ? I used to not like liver. Do they make vegan liver. Chicken gizzards are good too. Do they make vegan oysters ?
We could sell vegan dog meat to North Korea.

Let me know how it tastes, if you ever eat one.

Oh, are these vegan burgers cooked, or are they like sushi ? Imagine. How much more global footprint can we remove if we don't have to cook.

To produce a side-by-side comparison of the two products in terms of water, crop acreage, land allocations for grazing or pasturing of beef cattle, the energy requirements for every process in the chain that puts either a beef burger on a plate or an Impossible Burger on a plate. It's all about the metrics. It will be the work of the Department of Agriculture, and most likely involve research grants or contracts with universities that have Agriculture or Biotechnology departments.

Really, ? We need the government and all their studies which support what the government wants, ?
You need to up your meds.

Because, in the words of the President of France, Emmanuel Macron, it's our historic responsibility to "make the planet great again."

You need to up your meds. Bigly.
Emmanuel Macron ? Did we vote for him ? The planet was not made great by America ?

Why am I even in this ridiculous thread ?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do they make a vegan hotdog ?

I actually had a vegan hotdog once. I could not even eat it.

The planet was not made great by America ?

Out of all the planets I have been to, Earth is the greatest.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I actually had a vegan hotdog once.

You are lying, .
What was it wrapped in ? A corn husk, , ?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your coming across here, Cliff (W), as not fully vested in the free market aspects of our economy. If the idea of trying an Impossible Burger doesn't appeal to you, that's great. It's your unalienable right not to be open to the possibility of trying one, yourself.

But that begs the question, why are you trying to make my little "show and tell" about it into a "negative"..?

It's your unalienable right not to be open to the possibility of trying one, yourself. It's your unalienable right not to accept the veracity of the idea that an Impossible Burger is considerably less of an imposition on Earth's climate and natural resources than a traditional (beef) burger.

In what way have I transgressed against any of your unalienable rights?

And if there's been no transgression against your unalienable rights on my part, then how would you or anyone else explain the kind of "negative" (almost churlish) temperament of your conversation here?

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2017 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Covfefe.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Covfefe.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay