Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Stop reporting posts you don't like! (You know who you are) (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Stop reporting posts you don't like! (You know who you are) by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 07-03-2017 11:59 AM
Replies: 247 (4958 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 06-02-2020 12:36 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a certain member here, who resides in TO/T mostly, who keeps reporting posts "he doesn't like". Meaning he simply reports any post from any member he doesn't like. He told me once that he does this until I (as in me, Cliff Pennock) stop the vile nonsense going on here" (or something to that effect - I could look up his exact words if only I would care enough).

In the beginning I actually checked out every single post he reported until I noticed the earlier said pattern. Since then, I simply ignore everything he reports.

Just to give you an indication how dedicated he is: since the inception of the reporting system (august 2016) he has reported 10,978 posts averaging over 1,200 posts per month.

And apparently, he is upping his average. In the past 20 minutes, he reported 87 posts!

Okay, you know who you are. I know for sure you are reading this. You can continue reporting posts if you like, but I just wanted you to know they simply get ignored now.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87 posts in 20 minutes ??

Frick, how does anybody read that fast ?
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It blows my mind the amount of time people have on their hands to devote to what is essentially a huge waste of time.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You sure that isn't a bot? 12,000 reports in a year? Can't be human.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the mindset of many. Even though it seems completely outrageous in the minds of normal folk, it is completely "within my rights" to many an ill person.

I believe that I accidentally reported a post the other evening. I was on my phone, and my fingers were like sausages. I was going to leave a comment as to what happened, but it was such an out of context report, that I just let it go. I also believe that this was the first report that I have ever done.

I am not going to express my opinion on just who I may think it is, but I do have one.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 07-03-2017).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No doubt he uses the rating system the same way.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff this is why you need a time out feature give him 3 days off let him think about it

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 07-03-2017).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm actually stumped.
I can't for the life of me think of who it could it be.

Would this person admit to it?

Any ideas?

This is gonna' drive me crazy, now...

P.S. I wonder if i'm this persons No. 1 complaint?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-03-2017).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just gave Cliff a positive for hosting us.

Should have thought of it years ago, but never did. Just stupid I guess.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Just gave Cliff a positive for hosting us.

Should have thought of it years ago, but never did. Just stupid I guess.

I have always left him at Neutral.
I just didn't wanna' come off as a kiss-ass!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Damn it, who is it?!.........
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Damn it, who is it?!.........

This is going to drive me crazy for the next week...OTOH, I got "Ironclads" going on the TV and am feeling the need to go wear some grey and polish the musket...dammit, the powder is wet.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-03-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's the Law Firm of Dobey, Jazzman and ShaunIsItShaun?TheTotalOnlineTrollFromTheOtherFieroForum.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-03-2017).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But, will he report this thread?

(probably)
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

There are half a dozen assholes who need to go. You know who they are, but you seem content to sit there and do nothing while these people chase away those members who would actually be valued contributors that don't want of have the time to put up with them, and either spend less time here or stop coming altogether as a result.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

But, will he report this thread?

(probably)

I was thinking about it...

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

There are half a dozen assholes who need to go. You know who they are, but you seem content to sit there and do nothing while these people chase away those members who would actually be valued contributors that don't want of have the time to put up with them, and either spend less time here or stop coming altogether as a result.

Is it you?
I am interested.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

......polish the musket.....

I have half a mind to report you to Cliff for not labeling your comment NSFW.

In the other half I'm applying brain bleach to remove a very disturbing image.

So thanks a bunch.

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is it you?
I am interested.

No, I only reported Cliff's post. I was going to include a reason, but apparently you just press the button and it auto-reports it.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, I only reported Cliff's post. I was going to include a reason, but apparently you just press the button and it auto-reports it.

Ah.
I guess it's back to my dime-store detection skills.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just as a recently banned member who received warnings and probation, this one will also self destruct soon enough. Asses to ashes, dunce to dust.

Some just can't resist the devil's call.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-03-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Eh, I'm a bit of a tilter my own self!

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

It's the Law Firm of Dobey, Jazzman and ShaunIsItShaun?TheTotalOnlineTrollFromTheOtherFieroForum.

Oh, stop it yo darn Calforninian leftie..

Remember, I've lived in Cali, dont believe in control, ...and I have Canadian attack cats...
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, stop it yo darn Calforninian leftie..

Remember, I've lived in Cali, dont believe in control, ...and I have Canadian attack cats...

Are those just cats that apologize so profusely it eventually leads you to suicide?

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Eh, I'm a bit of a tilter my own self!

Holy crap that IS you.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, I only reported Cliff's post. ...

That is awesome! I too am going to report Cliff's post.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Holy crap that IS you.

'Nosce te ipsum'!
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I am not going to express my opinion on just who I may think it is, but I do have one.

I have theory on who it is. I'm curious if we suspect the same poster?

Just as a recently banned member who received warnings and probation, this one will also self destruct soon enough. Asses to ashes, dunce to dust.]

Except, the person whom I think it is, while he has a fair amount of red in his bar, does not post frequently enough to inflame peoples passions enough to tip his trend arrow to ban territory. He may be in this section of the forum a lot, as his reporting shows, but that doesn't mean he posts a lot.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 07-03-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He prob reported every one of my posts. Like you, I dont care. Some people are just not worth wasting breath on.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I'm reporting you!
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How does anyone have enough time to do all of that?

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2017 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

How does anyone have enough time to do all of that?

Click to show

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if this person even has a Fiero.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't you build a timeout in your application so that people can only use the report option a certain amount of times during a certain time.?
I know you don't to spend a lot of time on this as the phone doesn't generate revenue for you and your family. Just something to consider have a blessed day Cliff I'm sorry for all the trouble that your unruly children give you
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are serial pests on every forum. Most adhere to some sort of political agenda often they will have nothing to actually do with main subject eg: don't own a fiero, If a webmasters board they won't run a site,They will however shove their political views onto anyone that listens. They may be building content but they also push away other content writers effectively downgrading the quality of posts and then of the entire site. Reporting content means they might wish you to delete keywords that lower your site rank in search engines and benefit them. Either way if not a productive member of society then banish them.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

'Nosce te ipsum'!

Oh Man, that's deep.

Looking into that mirror is scary.

Ya all have a happy 4th of July and stay away from mirrors. The reflection ain't always what one wants to see.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

I sincerely hope that life is never discovered on another planet because, sure as hell Progressives and Socialists will want to send them money.

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

'Nosce te ipsum'!

Know thyself.

Another euphemism for "polishing the musket"????

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2017 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

I wonder if this person even has a Fiero.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It might be interesting to note that a very regular poster who likes to argue and pick fights with almost everyone, has been conspicuously absent since the beginning of this thread.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2017 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just as a recently banned member who received warnings and probation, this one will also self destruct soon enough. Asses to ashes, dunce to dust.

I am SOOOO stealing that, Willie.

Its usually followed by a smack upside the head and being told I'm a dumb-****, even by devil standards.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock