Started on: 06-22-2017 04:58 PM
Replies: 4 (158 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 06-23-2017 08:49 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2017 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2am????

Wake me up in time to surf that wave!!!

http://www.express.co.uk/ne...ami-earthquake-Jesus
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was reading a few days ago about the big asteroid that (according to many) "wiped out" the dinosaurs.

I read that if it had struck just a littler earlier or later on that same day, it would have landed somewhere else instead of smack where it landed in what is now the Gulf of Mexico, and it would not have been quite as "hard" on the dinosaurs. Because there was a lot of sulfur or sulfur mineral in the area where it hit and that caused a lot of sulfate droplets to linger for better than a year afterwards, high in the atmosphere, and reflect a lot of sunlight back into outer space, causing global temperatures to drop, suddenly and severely.

That would have happened even if it hit some other place on earth, but the place where it hit had an abundance of sulfur, so the global temperature drop that followed was even more severe.

According to whoever originated that report.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-22-2017).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I was reading a few days ago about the big asteroid that (according to many) "wiped out" the dinosaurs.

I read that if it had struck just a littler earlier or later on that same day, it would have landed somewhere else instead of smack where it landed in what is now the Gulf of Mexico, and it would not have been quite as "hard" on the dinosaurs. Because there was a lot of sulfur or sulfur mineral in the area where it hit and that caused a lot of sulfate droplets to linger for better than a year afterwards, high in the atmosphere, and reflect a lot of sunlight back into outer space, causing global temperatures to drop, suddenly and severely.

That would have happened even if it hit some other place on earth, but the place where it hit had an abundance of sulfur, so the global temperature drop that followed was even more severe.

According to whoever originated that report.

So, what you're saying is we won't have to worry about global warming anymore.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2017 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HEY!!!!!!!!

Nobody woke ms up. I missed the apocalypse.

Slackers.

Sigh.... Well, there is always the next end of the world.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2017 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
So, what you're saying is we won't have to worry about global warming anymore.

If there are humans on the planet that survive the "big chill out" after a major asteroid strike, which would keep global temperatures low for a year or perhaps a few years afterwards (based on what I've read), they would then be looking at likely global warming--not just warming up to where things were immediately before the asteroid, but warming back up to that same level and then beyond.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-23-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock