Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Another biker that thinks he owns the road..

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Another biker that thinks he owns the road.. by E.Furgal
Started on: 06-22-2017 02:55 PM
Replies: 25 (672 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 06-28-2017 11:31 AM
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2017 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The worst part is, it looks as though the biker sped away instead of stopping to help and facing the music.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what is on the video before tbis happened.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was all the driver of the car's fault. Illegal Lane change. Overreacting when they saw the motorcycle beside them. Then crashing into the barrier and causing the accident with the truck. The only thing irresponsible that the motorcycle rider did was leaving the scene of an accident where someone could have died. But damn that was ****ed up
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

That was all the driver of the car's fault. Illegal Lane change. Overreacting when they saw the motorcycle beside them.

Didn't you see the guy on the motorcycle kick the car?
I'd like to see what happened in the previous 20 seconds or so.

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whole lot of dumb on both their parts. An accident that should of never happened that will affect all the lives involved. And all the people that will be slowed down from the stupid actions of 2 people

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 06-22-2017).]

otakudude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

What happened is that the car crossed over the solid yellow line and made an illegal lane change right where the motorcyclist was. If he had kept doing what he was doing, the motorcyclist would have to have slammed on his brakes or been been pressed between the concrete barrier and the car itself.

While dangerous, the message of the kick was "Watch what the f**k you're doing! You almost killed me!"
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I did but if you watch the video you will see the car across a double yellow line and a white line to enter his Lane what was he supposed to do? Watch the very start of the video again
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2017 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If that's what happened, the move was nearly completed when the film started. Looks like you are correct, but hard to tell that from the vid.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2017 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I did but if you watch the video you will see the car across a double yellow line and a white line to enter his Lane what was he supposed to do? Watch the very start of the video again

I have to agree that the video does not show enough of the incedent to determine a guilty party. The video was focused on those 2 people for a reason, they had to have been "raging" before that video started to get the camera man's attention in the first place.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2017 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
I have to agree that the video does not show enough of the incident to determine a guilty party.

It shows enough to expose that biker as a Darwin candidate.
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2017 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have to agree that the video does not show enough of the incident to determine a guilty party.

It just doesn't show enough to determine if the biker did anything to start this...

We don't know what the biker did right at the beginning.
Maybe he did give the car driver 'the finger' or something.

But from what I see here...
The car crosses the double-solid lines - didn’t he see the bike??
The biker gives him a kick to “wake up – I’m driving here”.
Then the car driver goes postal and tries to run him into the barrier,
... and loses control of his car.

I'd say the car driver has something against motorcycles (at least that one...)

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2017 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's true that we didn't see what was done to cause the biker to kick the car. But, the car was quick to swerve at him when he did, implying that the some exchange had occurred already.

What bothers me is how it appears that the bike sped away with that truck (an innocent bystander) rolling down the road. Maybe we just don't get to see the biker stop and turn around, but I have my doubts.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2017 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

It just doesn't show enough to determine if the biker did anything to start this...

We don't know what the biker did right at the beginning.
Maybe he did give the car driver 'the finger' or something.

But from what I see here...
The car crosses the double-solid lines - didn’t he see the bike??
The biker gives him a kick to “wake up – I’m driving here”.
Then the car driver goes postal and tries to run him into the barrier,
... and loses control of his car.

I'd say the car driver has something against motorcycles (at least that one...)

http://abc7.com/news/video-...nta-clarita/2131744/

They are still investigating. But I suspect there is still information we don't know. No charges have been filed. Yeah that will convince the motorcycle driver to turn himself in.
I believe the car started it and the motorcycle escalated it. In the end the car crossed a double yellow and white line.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Biker left the scene. That's enough for me to establish guilt.

If he didn't do anything wrong, why did he take off?

Brad
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2017 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car drifted to the right then drifted back to the left.. Driver was having a health issue.. Billy Bad ass, instead of slowing down, kicked the car,, and well you see what happens next.. And then the pussy on the hog bolts..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 06-25-2017).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Car drifted to the right then drifted back to the left.. Driver was having a health issue.. Billy Bad ass, instead of slowing down, kicked the car,, and well you see what happens next.. And then the pussy on the hog bolts..

Things had already been happening before the video. From the news feed:

Driver Witnesses Dramatic Road Rage Incident in Santa Clarita

Chris Traber was driving on the 14 Freeway in Santa Clarita when he witnessed a dramatic road rage incident involving a motorcyclist and the driver of a sedan. He started recording as the incident escalated Police are investigating. Credit: Chris Traber via Storyful

Read more at https://www.liveleak.com/vi...#cyI4thtyPIr6gtoH.99
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2017 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everybody is assuming it's the motorcyclist who started whatever (sure, it could be...)
But as a motorcycle rider, I'm sure not going to try side-swiping a car.

However, the car driver certainly deliberately DID side-swipe the motorcycle.
Whatever the circumstances, THAT is a deadly move on his part.
I think the Police would be or should be charging him...

It was his crossing the double-solid lines and side-swiping the motorcyclist that caused the accident.

And why? Because maybe the motorcyclist "gave him the finger"... ? (could be you know...)
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2017 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I have read, sounds like the car had originally cut off the guy on the motorcycle before the video was recorded.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2017 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bike appears to be traveling in the center an HOV or Toll lane. Solid lines separate it from regular travel lanes. In general, it's against the law to cross from a limited access lane to a regular travel lane except at designated areas where it's usually marked by broken lines. The car is definitely leaving the regular travel lane, probably jam or to force an encounter with the motorcycle. Who started it? We can't tell from this video, but just based on what we see, the car was the agressor. In the very last moment of the video, the motorcycle is still getting it down the road. He managed to slow enough to avoid the debris. He could have stopped. If identified, he should also be charged for road rage and also leaving the scene of an accident and failure to render aid.

I've kicked the door of a Continental that pulled out in front of me. Looked straight at me. I left a long black mark on his door as I swerved past him. I also flicked a lighted cigarette into a window when a car changed lanes into me, when there was no reason for him to move to the left lane. No other vehicles around us. I've also driven away from someone who pulled up behind me at a stop light and kept nudging the rear of the bike with his bumper. Spur of the moment reactions I can see happening, but something carrying on long after the original incident doesn't need to happen.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2017 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

The bike appears to be traveling in the center an HOV or Toll lane. Solid lines separate it from regular travel lanes. In general, it's against the law to cross from a limited access lane to a regular travel lane except at designated areas where it's usually marked by broken lines. The car is definitely leaving the regular travel lane, probably jam or to force an encounter with the motorcycle. Who started it? We can't tell from this video, but just based on what we see, the car was the agressor. In the very last moment of the video, the motorcycle is still getting it down the road. He managed to slow enough to avoid the debris. He could have stopped. If identified, he should also be charged for road rage and also leaving the scene of an accident and failure to render aid.

I've kicked the door of a Continental that pulled out in front of me. Looked straight at me. I left a long black mark on his door as I swerved past him. I also flicked a lighted cigarette into a window when a car changed lanes into me, when there was no reason for him to move to the left lane. No other vehicles around us. I've also driven away from someone who pulled up behind me at a stop light and kept nudging the rear of the bike with his bumper. Spur of the moment reactions I can see happening, but something carrying on long after the original incident doesn't need to happen.

Why is a motorcycle in that lane? Isn't that a carpool lane? That looks like every other carpool lane I have seen here in Ca. But it is for cars with multiple people in them. Motorcycles can "split lanes" so there is no reason for him to be there? Was it some how a result of trying to get away from the car? Was it because the two were raging and the bike went around traffic through that lane and the car went around the right of traffic and met after they passed slower trafic?
LOTS of scenarios come to mind, but I need more information before I let the biker off the hook. The car driver is DEFINITELY guilty., but may not be to only guilty party.
I still think they were both involved in road raging way before the film started rolling.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 06-28-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2017 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Motorcycles are allowed in HOV lanes. In my state so are Zero Emissions Vehicles with a single occupant.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2017 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All motor vehicle are equipped with brakes, and most motor vehicles are also equipped with idiots and/or occupants less safety-oriented than others. Sadly, in today's self-righteous world, most of us are too wrapped up in our own right-of-way. "I was here first! I was first in line!" Etc.

Fact remains, the responsible driver anticipates problems before they occur, and allows ample distance to help avoid these situations. Motorcycle drivers want equality, and rightfully so. But they seem the first to b!tch when an error occurs. I'm sorry, but bikes are always harder to see, harder to determine the speed of, and have what seems to be a higher rate of arrogance. Fact remains that bikes pose the most risk to the operator and responsible bikers should accept that for fear of their own safety. We ALL make mistakes on the road.
Kicking a car is blatant road rage. Fairly safe to say that such an act was the dumb mistake to make.
All of the above considered, just remember that braking might have had better results.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2017 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why is a motorcycle in that lane? Isn't that a carpool lane?

In Georgia, motorcycles and electric vehicles are allowed in the toll or HOV lane if they have a transponder decal, BUT they don't have to pay a toll. I believe certain hybrids pay a reduced toll charge. The purpose of the transponder decal is to help control lane swapping. There is a $25 fine each time one passes into or out of the restricted lane at other than a designated place. Any personal use vehicle or passenger bus can travel in the lane, even if it just has one person, so long as they have a transponder decal. Furthermore, a regular passenger vehicle with 3 occupants and a decal can travel free of charge if they call a special number 30 minutes before entering the lane, and they have at least 3 occupants in the vehicle.

The bike could have braked, but it appeared that the car cross the line parallel to the bike. Just guessing that had the car gotten in front, it would have done a hard brake check on the bike. Bikes seldom come out ahead in an encounter with a car. But from the portion of the incident we see, both were in the wrong.
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2017 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As for leaving the scene, I'm not sure I'd stick around either after somebody just tried to run me into a concrete barrier (ie attempted murder to the motorcyclist) Especially if there was a pattern of escalating events preceeding it. The motorcyclist did not cause the sedan to hit, nor flip the truck. That action occurred as a result of the driver attemping to put him into the wall
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2017 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're correct about who caused the crash and overturn, but the cyclist was a party to an accident. Directly involved with it. The sedan over-corrected. The bike made a deliberate move to move up alongside the car and kick it. Once he was kicked, he purposely swerved into the bike, lost control and slammed the wall. Furthermore, the driver of the sedan was at that point of no further threat. The cyclist could have stopped further down the roadway, removed his helmet and walked back. Probably the sedan driver wouldn't recognize him due to the helmet and lack thereof.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock