Started on: 06-20-2017 07:21 PM
Replies: 16 (246 views)
Last post by: htexans1 on 06-22-2017 10:37 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2017 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it. Can we do that here?

http://www.foxnews.com/tech...o-speak-english.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welp, I'm screwed if they do.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, we've got a couple of regular posters here who have quite a bit of trouble communicating in English, and I'm pretty sure it is their first (and only) language.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
¿No habla inglés¿

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 06-20-2017).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Welp, I'm screwed if they do.

Are you an Uber driver?

Here in China I have to make sure I have an address in Chinese on my phone so I can show the driver. Normally the driver cannot communicate in English and I sure don't speak Chinese.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2017 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Yeah, we've got a couple of regular posters here who have quite a bit of trouble communicating in English, and I'm pretty sure it is their first (and only) language.

Och, Powiedz oh mądry. Kim są te plakaty
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O wilku mowa.....
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2017 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Diabeł ubiera się u Prady
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeśli but pasuje....

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 06-21-2017).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
English SHOULD BE DECLARED as the official language of the USA. All Federal, state and local business would be done in English. Billions would be saved in cost. To get a drivers license anyone applying must be able to pass a written and verbal exam to prove they can read and understand a stop sign and read road signs. The language of the home country should be taught and spoken in the home so that the heritage of the home country is passed down.

Companies could save untold billions not having to print multiple language labels / instructions on products.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I grew up in a tri-lingual environment, (Swedish, German and English).

I can still hear my Grandmother scolding my Grandfather in her thick Swedish accent: "We speak in English in this house. We are Americans!"

They never once expected anyone to accommodate them in anything other than the English language.
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fine fine fine. I'm leafing.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I love it. Can we do that here?

http://www.foxnews.com/tech...o-speak-english.html

Come now. You are from Canada where French is the official language of at least part of the country. And the last time I drove in Canada the signs were all bilingual.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2017 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like I said, can we do that here?
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Like I said, can we do that here?

Sure, but they are going to be enforcing french
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2017 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Sure, but they are going to be enforcing french

Oh, they already do, or at least try to. Most of us just ignore them. http://world.time.com/2013/...n-canadian-province/

Seriously, a lot of small business here wont have anything to do with Quebec "for legal reasons", which is a nice way of saying "**** you and your language laws"

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 06-22-2017).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

¿No habla inglés¿

Nein sprekenze Anglais. lol

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock