Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  I've got a story about the Trump admin that I think will get favorable media covfefe

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I've got a story about the Trump admin that I think will get favorable media covfefe by rinselberg
Started on: 06-05-2017 05:00 PM
Replies: 20 (400 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 07-13-2017 11:29 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
covfefe..? I mean coverage. As in media coverage.

Earlier today I caught part of a briefing at the White House press room podium. I wasn't actually there; I saw it on MSNBC

The Secretary for Veterans Affairs, David Shulkin, answered some questions after talking about this:

The Department of Veterans Affairs will be overhauling its electronic health records, adopting a commercial product used by the Pentagon that he hopes will improve care for veterans and reduce wait times for medical appointments, Secretary David Shulkin said Monday..

<SNIP>

The system would replace the VA's aging information technology system, known as Vista, which has been in use for decades.

<SNIP>

Under the proposed change, the VA will work immediately to sign a contract with Cerner Corp., which designed the Pentagon's system known as MHS Genesis. Shulkin says because all the VA's patients as former service members originate in the Pentagon system, the VA would be better served if it could "trade information seamlessly."

To expedite the process, Shulkin said he intended to bypass competitive bidding in favor of Cerner, noting that it took the Pentagon 26 months to finalize its contact. He expects it will take the VA about three to six months to negotiate pricing and work out a timeframe for full implementation of the new system. He did not offer a cost estimate, but noted the Pentagon signed a $4.3 billion contract for its health system, which is smaller than VA's.

<SNIP>

That is about half of the text from ABC News online:
http://abcnews.go.com/Polit...d-va-newser-47839651

This jogged my memory (sort of). A few days ago, I saw Minnesota's Jr. Senator, Al Franken (D) on MSNBC and later I remembered that Franken was giving some credit to President Trump for something that Franken liked. But I couldn't remember exactly what it was. It might have been this, or something else related to Veterans Affairs.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-05-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2017 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You write for CNN don't you..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 06-06-2017).]

Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

You write for CNN dong you..

No, dong you!
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2017 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

No, dong you!

Fat fingers and a small phone screen.. ding dong patty wang give a dog a bone.. lol

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kushner Speaks..!

Very Special White House Staffer Jared Kushner goes on record with first known public statement..!

Today, the President's son-in-law broke his inscrutable, monk-like silence and addressed a group of TecSec (tech sector) CEOs and VIPs. He talked about improving the federal government's information and data processing infrastructure.

Four minutes and 48 seconds of Jared Kushner LIVE.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-19-2017).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Kushner Speaks..!

Today, the President's son-in-law broke his inscrutable, monk-like silence.......[/YOUTUBE]

You should try some of that yourself.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr Kushner is about to embark on a trip to the Middle East to try to improve the situation between Israel and the Palestinians.

In the YouTube video that I just posted (above), he is talking about modernizing the federal government's information and data processing infrastructure. Like what's going on right now at the Department of Veterans Affairs--the very first post in this thread. It's something that Senator Al "Giant of the Senate" Franken (D) of Minnesota has singled out as something very positive from the Trump administration. Al Franken, of all people.

I don't think that I am completely antagonistic towards Jared Kushner.

It be a shame if he were to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize or the Presidential Medal of Freedom for accomplishments in these areas or arenas, and then they had to walk him out of a prison cell (because of the Mueller investigation) and into the visitor's area, just to present him with his honors. It really would.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-19-2017).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So no?
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

So no?

Would you?, if asked to be "silenced"?

Didn't think so....

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I was alluding to with my comment was his propensity for excess verbiage. He has a habit of using five words when one will do.

So don't get your shorts in a knot, OK?

If you follow along here on a regular basis you would know that no one wants Rinse silenced, far from it, for without the 1st amendment we wouldn't know who the idiots were.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What I was alluding to with my comment was his propensity for excess verbiage. He has a habit of using five words when one will do.

So don't get your shorts in a knot, OK?

If you follow along here on a regular basis you would know that no one wants Rinse silenced, far from it, for without the 1st amendment we wouldn't know who the
idiots were.

Did someone just say "idiots..?"

diot
n.
Defined
A foolish or stupid person.

Etymology
[Middle English, ignorant person, from Old French idiote, from Latin idita, from Greek idits, private person, layman, from idios, own, private. See s(w)e- in Indo-European Roots.]

Can a word--"idiot"-- that everybody already knows be a defensible choice for "Word of the Day" ..?

Maybe it's not always the definition that counts, but--sometimes--the usage; to wit:

Yesterday [October 7, 2005] the Boston Red Sox completed their tenure as baseball world champions by losing for the third straight time to the Chicago White Sox in the American League Divisional Playoff Series. What a difference a year makes: Last October, the Red Sox were on the threshold of the most implausible reversal of fortune in baseball history. After losing the first three games of the American League Championship Series to the New York Yankees (the third game by the lopsided score of 19-8), the Red Sox rallied to beat the Yankees four times in a row, and then swept the St. Louis Cardinals in the 2004 World Series in four straight games. Pete Hanlin and company may be Ready for some FOOTBALL - but for some of us, it's the Boys of Summer that still occupy center stage at the moment.

Centerfielder Johhny Damon was the first to get onboard with a new theme for the 2004 Boston Red Sox: "We're just idiots."

It was Johnny Damon that put the label of "idiots" on the 2004 Boston Red Sox: "We’re not going to try to figure it out," Johnny Damon told a reporter during the 2004 season, when asked how they were going to beat the Yankees. "We’re just a bunch of idiots. We’re just going to throw the ball, hit the ball, catch the ball. We want to keep the thinking process out of it."

Johnny Damon was first: We're just idiots ... and sometimes it gets real "hairy" (under my batting helmet)

Just before the first game of the 2004 "Impossible Finish" playoff series between the Red Sox and Yankees, first baseman Kevin Millar improvised another verbal riff on the already celebrated "idiots" theme:

It's just, you know, we are idiots -- and I just think we're experienced idiots and that comes with that next statement, "controlled swagger."

credit: Kevin Millar pregame quotes

Kevin Millar made it official: "We're just idiots."

Reproduced from the online archive of "rinselberg"

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-20-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats.

You're reached peak incomprehensibility.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2017 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. Can a mental disorder be diagnosed online?

Edit: Time for a break from this forum. Ronald's last post gave me a brain freeze. I had a moment where the stupidity was trying to enter my cranium. I have better things to do...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 06-20-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I tried to prompt anyone who sees it, with that red-colored line of text at the very end.

I posted that on another online discussion forum, way back in October of 2005.

This was basically a copy-and-paste, with just a few changes to update the images.

That was a thread where people could put up their choice for "word of the day."

It's a free form exploration of a small (very small) verbal artifact from popular American culture; an SOL (Slice Of Life) style examination of an early 21st century Boston or New England-area word meme that was--for a brief time--iconic. From the contemporary cultural niche comprised by professional sports leagues and their patrons.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-20-2017).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Impressive memory, pulling that out from '05.

Are you a baseball fan?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kind of. Yeah. I follow the St Louis Cardinals. (Guess where I spent my early days.)

But I did like that Red Sox team.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kind of. Yeah. I follow the St Louis Cardinals. (Guess where I spent my early days.)

But I did like that Red Sox team.

A simple question and a direct answer.

I know it's not a question that requires a nuanced answer but still.........it is an indication that you CAN do it.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A simple question and a direct answer.

I know it's not a question that requires a nuanced answer but still.........it is an indication that you CAN do it.

As the old saying goes: "Even a blind squirrel gathers the occasional nut."
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump intervenes personally, decision reversed, allows six Afghan girls to visit U.S. for robot competition

U.S. officials have reportedly decided to allow a group of six Afghan girls, who had previously been denied entry, to attend a robot competition.

The decision followed backlash after it was reported that the teens would not be allowed to participate in the competition. Politico reported the decision came at the urging of the President himself.

Fox News; July 13, 2017.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2...mpetition-in-us.html

Also being reported by Aljazeera, Politico, Washington Post, The Hill, The Guardian and some other media outlets.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-13-2017).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2017 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trump intervenes personally, decision reversed, allows six Afghan girls to visit U.S. for robot competition

U.S. officials have reportedly decided to allow a group of six Afghan girls, who had previously been denied entry, to attend a robot competition.

The decision followed backlash after it was reported that the teens would not be allowed to participate in the competition. Politico reported the decision came at the urging of the President himself.

Fox News; July 13, 2017.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2...mpetition-in-us.html

Also being reported by Aljazeera, Politico, Washington Post, The Hill, The Guardian and some other media outlets.

The Donald(TM) understands the "hearts and minds" part of betting The Muzz(TM) into extinction.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-13-2017).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock