Waiting... by LitebulbwithaFiero
Started on: 05-31-2017 07:58 PM
Replies: 40 (1140 views)
Last post by: LitebulbwithaFiero on 08-15-2020 10:41 AM
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 08-26-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
texasfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what ya mean. I placed an order on Sunday night, knowing that it wouldn't be shipped until Tues. due to the holiday. Well, thus far, it has been handled 4 times and still hasn't made it out of Phoenix.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Man I hate waiting. Ordered something big on Friday, and anticipated ship date is 7/18/17. Just straight torture. 3rd most expensive thing I bought in my life.

I will have to be patient so I don't wish the next month and a half of my life away.

Who would have guessed that Russian mail order brides took so long to arrive !
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"3rd most expensive thing I bought in my life." House is usually the most expensive, followed by a car/truck. RV? Engagement ring? Boat?
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LitebulbwithaFiero

3378 posts
Member since Jun 2008

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah I know. Needs more cowbell.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-31-2017).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always have something coming, the secret of happiness.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2017 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2017 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok ok, what it is.. spill it..
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2017 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2017 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2017 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2017 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A Whipple.

The supercharger or the operation?
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2017 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Brain Center at Whipple's

(Twilight Zone)
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2017 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it is the supercharger.. what is going below it.. what it feeding
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2017 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2017 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aluminum heads? Please keep us up on this one. The only reason I turboed my ls4 was to match the hp of the real lambo. It's awesome but the stock 300hp is so much more than adequate. I think your engine with a whipple on it is going to be a visual delight.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2017 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2017 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2017 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2017 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It came today.

The best way to describe the feeling of it showing up is buyers remorse

Told ya sexbots weren't quite market-ready. Give 'em another 5 years or so.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2017 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still looking for a house, holding out for one with a shop out back. Currently renting.

Car and truck are 1 and 2.

I feel like I am too young for an RV, and too single for an engagement ring.

Threads more about the journey then the destination.

Illl suggest if you think you EVER want an RV, buy it now if you can afford to. Prices will just keep going up. If you have one handy, you will find lots of uses for it now. Its not just for camping. I frequently use one just for a one day, or weekend getaway of just maybe 50 miles. Ive even used the smaller one for a date. Kids ball games, car shows, fairs, and just about any outdoor event theyre handy to have. Buying now also means paid off when you retire. After I got my first motorhome 4 years ago, I kick myself now for not buying one and keeping it 20 years ago. Motorhomes whether class A or C are much more usable than trailers.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 07-25-2017).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2017 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It came today.

The best way to describe the feeling of it showing up is buyers remorse

Why??
It be one thing if you put it on and it didn't give you the bump in power you wanted. but..
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2017 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2017 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sounds like your engine rebuilder is incompetent.
Is this his first engine rebuild?
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-09-2017 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After all this, he got me flat top pistons instead of the dished style it had and I need. Besides the obvious increase in compression, that is not desirable for the supercharger, I am probably going to run into piston to valve clearance issues

Why you don't have to open the valves tons to get the air in when it is forced, even so, a fly cut will fix that issue if needed

Isn't the zl1/zo6 etc running a blower and 10.5+ to 1.. ls ? I'd think with it's chamber size and it being a small cid 380 ish they are flat top pistons, in it, if they are dished it is tiny.
flat top pistons and a 64cc chamber is 10.2 to 1 in a 360 cid if built to blueprint.. Are your replacement pistons stock height or rebuilder height? that are down the hole .02 ish for block decking?

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 11-09-2017).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

It sounds like your engine rebuilder is incompetent.
Is this his first engine rebuild?

Lets just say I will not be using him again.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-09-2017 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We spent over $3,200 attempting to go cheap with a used engine in my 1997 F150 this spring. I just bought a new engine for it last week. I bought a new hoist, engine stand, and now have the same amount of money going into it again, but this time I am in charge, not another.

"Yes, why would you do this Tony?! At some point you should have given up?" I never give up.

Good luck man...
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LitebulbwithaFiero

3378 posts
Member since Jun 2008

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to boost my ls4 without lowering the compression. I think that the awesome heads and alcohol injection have a lot to do with my success.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, but to what power level?

I'm only running 8 lbs. of boost and it's way way more than adequate. I built it for 15lbs. but I've never gone there. An identical in every way boosted Chevrolet made 640 hp on a dyno with 15 lbs. boost.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 11-09-2017).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not too big on mine.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock