Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Harvards findings about media bias... (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Harvards findings about media bias... by Tony Kania
Started on: 05-22-2017 11:04 AM
Replies: 53 (676 views)
Last post by: newf on 05-25-2017 07:11 AM
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2017 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Well, how about that. If you make a hardcopy of this post and take it to Starbucks, you'll be in line for a Unicorn Frappe. Just don't forget the 7 USD ($) or whatever they're charging.

I have every expectation that you will be the one behind the counter, wearing a paper hat and asking me: "Ya' want sprinkles on that?"

Seriously Ronald, I realize that you *think* you have a "razor-like rhetorical wit", but the obvious fact is that you're flailing away with a mental foam "pool noodle".

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-23-2017).]

IP: Logged
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:
Nobama's numbers for the first 100 days were better.

Drumph has historically low approval ratings, I suspect that this would be reflected in neg vs pos news coverage as well. His attacks on the media don't help much either I wouldn't imagine.

newf, you don't need a history book, you lived through it. What did Nobama do well in his first 100 days, besides get a Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing. Don't count the trillion dollars of debt he created to help the economy. It was to produce shovel ready jobs which weren't shovel ready.

Your so called attacks by Drumph on the press ? Perhaps the press needs a thicker nut sack. Through out the history of our nation the press has been attacked by sitting Presidents.

Attacks, ? It was the Nobama administration who spied on journalist James Rosen (Fox News) and labled him a “co-conspirator and/or aider and abettor” in an espionage case (which never went anywhere). Nobama even spied on Rosen's parents e-mails.

The Nobama administration conducted broad snooping into Associated Press phone records.

Here’s why you should care — and why this case, along with the administration’s broad snooping into Associated Press phone records, is more serious than the other supposed Obama administration scandals regarding Benghazi and the Internal Revenue Service. The Rosen affair is as flagrant an assault on civil liberties as anything done by George W. Bush’s administration, and it uses technology to silence critics in a way Richard Nixon could only have dreamed of.

Nobama even wanted to exclude Fox News from White House Daily Press Briefings and the traveling (with the President) press pool.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I have every expectation that you will be the one behind the counter, wearing a paper hat and asking me: "Ya' want sprinkles on that?"

Seriously Ronald, I realize that you *think* you have a "razor-like rhetorical wit", but the obvious fact is that you're flailing away with a mental foam "pool noodle".

Your online persona is the only entity that I know of that would be that self delusional in estimating its own "wit".

Anyone could be a "leftist" in the fever wasted imagination of your Internet personality.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-24-2017).]

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your online persona is the only entity that I know of that would be that self delusional in estimating its own "wit".

Anyone could be a "leftist" in the fever wasted imagination of your Internet personality.

Compared to Randye I would submit most people are a leftist. He certainly liberally labels them as such anyways.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

newf

8704 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Originally posted by cliffw:

newf, you don't need a history book, you lived through it. What did Nobama do well in his first 100 days, besides get a Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing. Don't count the trillion dollars of debt he created to help the economy. It was to produce shovel ready jobs which weren't shovel ready.

Your so called attacks by Drumph on the press ? Perhaps the press needs a thicker nut sack. Through out the history of our nation the press has been attacked by sitting Presidents.

Attacks, ? It was the Nobama administration who spied on journalist James Rosen (Fox News) and labled him a “co-conspirator and/or aider and abettor” in an espionage case (which never went anywhere). Nobama even spied on Rosen's parents e-mails.

The Nobama administration conducted broad snooping into Associated Press phone records.

Here’s why you should care — and why this case, along with the administration’s broad snooping into Associated Press phone records, is more serious than the other supposed Obama administration scandals regarding Benghazi and the Internal Revenue Service. The Rosen affair is as flagrant an assault on civil liberties as anything done by George W. Bush’s administration, and it uses technology to silence critics in a way Richard Nixon could only have dreamed of.

Nobama even wanted to exclude Fox News from White House Daily Press Briefings and the traveling (with the President) press pool.

So it's Obama's fault? Ok

I'm not going to defend Obama on everything, he did plenty wrong IMO, and plenty right. Same with most Presidents.

It's mainly the partisan sheep (like many on OT) that seem to want to bleet out what their masters tell them and assume the other side is always wrong. I live in the real world where politicians and parties are fallible and one votes for a person or party knowing and accepting that and trying to keep those in power accountable. Not blindly regurgitating talking points, always blaming the other side, and towing the party line at all costs.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2017 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's mainly the partisan sheep (like many on OT) that seem to want to bleet out what their masters tell them and assume the other side is always wrong. I live in the real world ...

You had me at "I live in the real world...". You mean the real world where you continually biatch about the system that not only are you not a part of, but also will never be a part of. That real world? I understand.

Who is my master? Shat, who do I work for? Let's start with the easy ones first. I will answer as quickly and as statistically accurately as I have always.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man, I'm not reading this **** ... there's way too much bull **** in here.

If it's not insanely obvious to everyone that the media has basically **** their pants and is running around insane over Trump... then you'll never see it. Every time I look at the news... Fox, OAN, BBC are all talking about the massacre at the Ariana Grande concert. But then you go to MSNBC, CNN, HLN or any of the other news agencies... and it's 24/7 talking about Russian collusion or some obscure Trump polling by some shitty polling agency that says Trump is hated by everyone in the United States.

Seriously, stop trying to tell me the Earth is flat, it's a ****ing sphere!!!

If you can't see that, then I can't be bothered wasting my time trying to prove it to you. I don't care if you ALSO hate Trump, that doesn't change the fact that the media has been shitting themselves since day-1 of the Trump presidency. Each and every journalist from the liberal media went home and cried, jerked off, cried again, and then went to sleep with a bottle of liquor.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2017 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No. Trump and the WH are the ones shitting themselves. The media has simply been reporting on it.

Your failing to see that (which is literally what the Harvard study says, but with much less brevity or levity), due to your blind faith in the ego-maniacal cesspool that is the current administration, is a personal problem, not a problem of the media, the left, or anyone else you wish to lash out at.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2017 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unable to comment on the topic, or compose a coherent sentence in the English language, which could be deserving of respect, randye again resorts to trying to draw straw men in MS Paint, call others names, and harass members via PM.

Intellectually lazy, indeed.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Man, I'm not reading this **** ... there's way too much bull **** in here.

If it's not insanely obvious to everyone that the media has basically **** their pants and is running around insane over Trump... then you'll never see it. Every time I look at the news... Fox, OAN, BBC are all talking about the massacre at the Ariana Grande concert. But then you go to MSNBC, CNN, HLN or any of the other news agencies... and it's 24/7 talking about Russian collusion or some obscure Trump polling by some shitty polling agency that says Trump is hated by everyone in the United States.

Seriously, stop trying to tell me the Earth is flat, it's a ****ing sphere!!!

If you can't see that, then I can't be bothered wasting my time trying to prove it to you. I don't care if you ALSO hate Trump, that doesn't change the fact that the media has been shitting themselves since day-1 of the Trump presidency. Each and every journalist from the liberal media went home and cried, jerked off, cried again, and then went to sleep with a bottle of liquor.

I know that MSNBC covered the atrocity at Manchester because on that evening, all of the hour-long segments of the various MSNBC program anchors were given over to Manchester.

I don't know if MSNBC continued to cover it like that for as long afterwards as those other media venues (Fox, OAN, BBC) that "82-T/A" was just talking about.

I saw today where they were showing the Manchester perpetrator's face, like a poster of some kind, on MSNBC, and I did not like it. The way that they had this image large and centered on the viewer's TV screen, and seemed to be dwelling on it, almost as if it were a new movie or TV show that they wanted to promote.

Here's a couple of "tokes" from that Harvard University-associated media analysis report, "News Coverage of Donald Trump's First 100 Days."

Presidents are more than the main focus of U.S. reporters. Presidents are also their main target. Although journalists are accused of having a liberal bias, their real bias is a preference for the negative. News reporting turned sour during the Vietnam and Watergate era and has stayed that way. Journalists’ incentives, everything from getting their stories on the air to acquiring a reputation as a hard-hitting reporter, encourage journalists to focus on what’s wrong with politicians rather than what’s right.

What’s truly atypical about Trump’s coverage is that it’s sharply negative despite the fact that he’s the source of nearly two-thirds of the sound bites surrounding his coverage. Typically, newsmakers and groups complain that their media narrative is negative because they’re not given a chance to speak for themselves.

Wow. Pass it around.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-25-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So it's Obama's fault? Ok

Actually, this thread is about the press.

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Actually, this thread is about the press.

I'm aware, and yet you wrote this...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock