Fun few days, What a PITA by FriendGregory
Started on: 05-17-2017 02:19 AM
Replies: 9 (200 views)
Last post by: FriendGregory on 12-04-2018 02:05 PM
FriendGregory

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Living at new house but, still clearing and cleaning the old place, the water heater failed at the new place. It is a few days later, the clutch will not disengage in my truck this morning, and while being sad at work, my wife calls and reports that both toilets a clogged(main line issue).
Time to toss more money around, I need to get done with the old house so it can be sold.

Yea, it is not like I had anything else to do!

IP: Logged

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That sounds about right. Only for me it's been a daily or weekly occurrence for a good month now. Good times.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageClick Here to Email TheDigitalAlchemistSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Always look to the positive. At least none of those things occurred inside of your body!

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is this all the new to you house??
If so, I'd be calling your home inspector back, and raising holy blue hell.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm? People with issues? How do we solve them?

You have a short PM coming in ...

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Always look to the positive. At least none of those things occurred inside of your body!

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2017 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Sounds about right for my body. One day leaking, another day clogged up, and either I hang out and never get it in gear or I get up early and work until the neighbors start cussing behind pulled back drapes.

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2017 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
Is this all the new to you house??
If so, I'd be calling your home inspector back, and raising holy blue hell.

Yea, the inspector also missed floor termite damage. The contract gives them a wide birth of excuses for missing stuff.
We were using the house for a few weeks before the water heater and the sewer line failed. So the 2 pluming groups say that the problem was too much toilet paper accumulation and it collapsed making a gewey mess that would not snake and had to be power flushed.

[This message has been edited by FriendGregory (edited 05-18-2017).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 440
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2017 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ahh..the joys of home ownership..and just think, millions of people actually scrimp, save, and borrow and look forward to that.
I need to replace most if not all the treated 2x6s on both front and back steps of my place..
Busy weekend here too.
Brother bought the empty lot next to his beach house at Crystal Beach Tx and wanted to go down and put up a little fence to keep tourists from using it as a connection to the street that actually accesses the beach, but he's back in chemo again and has developed an infection in both eyes and can't see to drive at night. Wife wanted to go to Paris Tx to see her mother for Mother's Day, so I drove her to Texarkana Tx..left here Friday morning. We went to Texarkana, met my brother, I got out of wife's car, got behind the wheel of brother's truck and wife went on the 85 miles west to Paris. I drove brother right back down the route I had just came up, and on down to Crystal Beach south of Galveston. Got up Sat morning, cut 11 posts to length, dug post holes, set the posts in quick-crete, did some other stuff he wanted done, then drilled 5/8" hoples in all the posts and strung 1/2" galvanize cable thru the posts. Sunday morning, brother drove about 50 miles and handed me the keys at the first coffee stop, and I drove us on back to Texarkana. Called wife 2 hours out, told her to head that way from Paris. I got out of brother's truck, wife said "you're driving" and I drove us back home right back down the same highways I had traveled 3 times already, as brother drove himself the 120 miles back to central Arkansas. Traffic was bad all 4 legs of the trip.
I could have driven from Houston to El Paso and back to Houston...

I hear, I get to do it again next weekend.

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
I hear, I get to do it again next weekend.

I finally decided to have a plumbing company replace all the cast iron for all the waste lines. They did a good job but, I paid dearly,
It seems the responsible and capable never run out of things to do.
I have just rebuilt a rental house, then had a work trip to the Netherlands for over a month. I come home to my fruit season being done.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock