Started on: 05-09-2017 06:15 PM
Replies: 269 (3359 views)
Last post by: newf on 05-24-2017 07:11 AM
texasfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://finance.yahoo.com/n...ector-214803630.html

The White House announced Tuesday afternoon that FBI Director James Comey was fired.

"Today, President Donald J. Trump informed FBI Director James Comey that he has been terminated and removed from office," White House press secretary Sean Spicer said in a statement. "President Trump acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions."

The search for a new director will begin immediately, Spicer added.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not doing anything important at the time ...... sign me up, I'll put Hillary in jail ASAP
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2017 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe Archibald Cox is available.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Leveraging all his intellectual fire power, dopey unloaded his mental squirt gun.

Now refill your squirt gun and try to explain with specificity and completeness how in hell Archibald Cox is relevant and related to the firing of FBI Director Comey.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-09-2017).]

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Leveraging all his intellectual fire power, dopey unloaded his mental squirt gun.

Now refill your squirt gun and try to explain with specificity and completeness how in hell Archibald Cox is relevant and related to the firing of FBI Director Comey.

He likely heard the Democrats chanting: "Watergate!" It took them less than an hour.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

He likely heard the Democrats chanting: "Watergate!" It took them less than an hour.

Lefties are never good with history, except when it comes to attempting to rewrite it.
The Archibald Cox comparison is about as nonsensical as it gets but the rank & file soft children have no clue. Most of them were not born until more than a decade or two after Watergate happened.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-09-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:
I'm not doing anything important at the time ...... sign me up, I'll put Hillary in jail ASAP

Before I sign you up, how do you feel about Umma Abadine ?

Can anybody spell "Recess Appointment" ?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm surprised he lasted this long.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It'll be interesting to see how long he lives.

Per Hillary, it's his fault she lost. We've all heard stories of what happens to folks that cross the Clintons............

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

If you wish to upset a Conservative, lie to him.
If you wish to upset a Liberal, tell him the truth.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2017 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is that you Rosie? If so Ms. O’DONNELL, welcome to the wonderful world of Pennocks OT section.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's probably time Comey got the ax. Depending on the day of the week, he was criticized and/or hated by both parties. When he said no recommendation for indictment would be made for Hillary, the Democrats cheered and the Republicans jeered. When he made the announcement of reopening the case before the election, Democrats jeered and Republicans cheered. He's too controversial anymore but, if you ask me, because he seems to be hated by both parties, it kinda makes me wonder if he was doing his job.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

PFF
System Bot
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw this meme on my FB wall.

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

I just saw this meme on my FB wall.

Love it.

Brad
InTheLead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

He's relevant because some people are calling for a special prosecutor. Cox was fired as a special prosecutor.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even Russia's Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov, has an opinion about it.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Even Russia's Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov, has an opinion about it.

Well,... it his his job to know what's going on.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:
He's relevant because some people are calling for a special prosecutor. Cox was fired as a special prosecutor.

Firing the special prosecutor

Three special prosecutors have been fired before they had completed their investigations. President Grant fired the special prosecutor investigating the Whiskey Ring scandal on charges of impudence against the president, but later replaced him following public pressure.

President Truman's attorney general fired Newbold Morris when Morris submitted a lengthy questionnaire to be filled out by all senior executive officers. Truman later fired the attorney general, and concluded the investigation through ordinary means.

President Nixon fired special prosecutor Archibald Cox after Cox subpoenaed the White House tapes. Controversy over the propriety and legality of this last firing sparked a constitutional crisis, dubbed the Saturday Night Massacre. The firing was ruled illegal in the case of Nader v. Bork, but, as a new special prosecutor had already been appointed, the case was already moot when decided, and the decision was never appealed past the district court.

The independent counsel law originally enacted in the Ethics in Government Act did not allow independent counsels appointed under the law to be removed except under specific circumstances such as wrongdoing or incapacitation. This law is no longer in effect.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find it "funny" that the Ds wanted Comey fired in October 2016 and now complain that Trump fired Comey in May 2017. You can not have it both ways unless you are a democrat. If Trump says up, the democrats say down.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2017 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump Has no ties to Russia, If he had ties Obama would have had him indicted, matter of fact everyone that has been in a op position and access to Classified Info on this matter have all stated that their is no evidence of any connection between Russia and Trump, However when asked about Clinton and obama Links to Russia they are unable to answer.
This Whole attempt to link Trump and his victory to Russia is a smoke screen to cover up all of the Illegal **** Clinton and Obama have done over the last 8 years just wait and see it is all going to come out.
Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I find it "funny" that the Ds wanted Comey fired in October 2016 and now complain that Trump fired Comey in May 2017. You can not have it both ways unless you are a democrat. If Trump says up, the democrats say down.

I find it funny that when democrats are being investigated republicans want to keep comey, but when Trump is investigated, the republicans want him fired.

Only difference between your scenario and mine? It was the republican president who was cowardly enough to *actually do it*. Obama didn't fire him just because he didnt like him, Trump did.

PFF
System Bot
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:

Obama didn't fire him just because he didn't like him, Trump did.

Unless you have a source inside the WH that is your opinion.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2017 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I find it funny that when democrats are being investigated republicans want to keep comey, but when Trump is investigated, the republicans want him fired.

Only difference between your scenario and mine? It was the republican president who was cowardly enough to *actually do it*. Obama didn't fire him just because he didnt like him, Trump did.

This may sting a bit...

Click to show

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 05-10-2017).]

Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

This may sting a bit...

Click to show

You realize these are completely different scenarios right?

Most importantly, sessions did not have support at the FBI, and was not leading the Bureau, whereas Comey has a tremendous amount of support within the FBI.

Also, would you like to point out the active investigation that Sessions was undertaking in the Clintons when he was fired?

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not a Republican or Democrat, I am an Independent and I wanted him replaced because he was proven to be incompetent. A person who makes decisions based on political pressure and or public opinion, rather than fact and policies is incompetent.
Humorous is hardly a definition for this case. And it is a travesty to call a person a "coward" for getting rid of incompetence.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No.
It's funny that you are still pumping out the fiction that President Trump is being investigated when the heads of every investigative and intelligence agency have said there is "no there, there" for several months now.

http://www.washingtonexamin...aign/article/2622452

http://www.cnsnews.com/news...mp-russian-collusion

It's funny that you are pumping out the fiction that anyone but the OBAMA administration had the power to keep Director Comey in his position or not *prior* to President Trump taking office, (when Comey was investigating Clinton).

The only difference between your scenario and mine? It was the republican president who was cowardly enough to *actually do it*. Obama didn't fire him just because he didnt like him, Trump did.

It's funny that, in the complete absence of any supportive evidence, you just INVENT reasons that fit your leftie notions.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-10-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13818 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Most importantly, sessions did not have support at the FBI, and was not leading the Bureau, whereas Comey has a tremendous amount of support within the FBI.

Irrespective of your leftie notions, the position of the Director of the FBI is NOT a popularity contest.

Like many other positions in the government, the Director serves "at the pleasure of the President" not the employees of the bureau.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13818 posts
Member since Mar 2006

You realize these are completely different scenarios right?

Then why are you unable to realize the different scenarios between President Nixon firing a DOJ special prosecutor and President Trump firing the Director of the FBI?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2017 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must apologize then. I cannot cross reference similarities, but Threedog can.

I am pointing out your hypocrisy. Nothing more. I knew that by answering, I was going to get the exact comparison standards blown my way. Again, muh fault for dealing with a maniacal liberal with god like tendencies such as yourself. Enjoy that rarefied air hombre. Oops, I mean brotha. I mean, ****, what can I call you that will not offend your giant ego?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I must apologize then. I cannot cross reference similarities, but Threedog can.

pareidolia

/ˌpæraɪˈdəʊlɪə/

noun

1. The imagined perception of a pattern or meaning where it does not actually exist, as in considering the moon to have human features
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2017 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kakistocracy

\ˌkakə̇ˈstäkrəsē\

noun

1. government by the worst people
PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kakistocracy

\ˌkakə̇ˈstäkrəsē\

noun

That is exactly what put Trump in office. If obama had done any good, his legacy would not need replacing. Facts are facts, America did not want clinton to continue obama's failures. She ran on continuing a failed presidency, of which America said "NO". obama will for the rest of history, just be known as the first black President of America. And by his track record, he will also be the first black American President to be a failure. That is the extent of his legacy.
The problem America has now is that we still have some of the worst politicians in office left over from the last few elections.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 05-10-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kakistocracy

\ˌkakə̇ˈstäkrəsē\

noun

EXAMPLES:

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13818 posts
Member since Mar 2006

...and 2 + 2 = Fish

pareidolia

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most importantly, Sessions did not have support at the FBI, and was not leading the Bureau, whereas Comey has a tremendous amount of support within the FBI.

Debatable.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not nearly as funny as the liberal take. They loved him with Obuma and the Hillary campaign. When she lost, she blamed him...so the liberals all hated him. Move on to yesterday and Trump fires him...and the liberals AGAIN love him, even want a congressional investigation on his firing. Then the liberal politicians say he was fired because of Russia. Its actually very funny how turncoat they are. They change their mind on everything as often as I change clothes.

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

That is exactly what put Trump in office. If obama had done any good, his legacy would not need replacing. Facts are facts, America did not want clinton to continue obama's failures. She ran on continuing a failed presidency, of which America said "NO". obama will for the rest of history, just be known as the first black President of America. And by his track record, he will also be the first black American President to be a failure. That is the extent of his legacy.
The problem America has now is that we still have some of the worst politicians in office left over from the last few elections.

Obama turned out to be a corporate establishment politician. Both parties are the same. Only minor differences. Those who shout out that the republicans can fix things are just as out of touch with reality as those who claim democrats can.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Obama turned out to be a corporate establishment politician. Both parties are the same. Only minor differences. Those who shout out that the republicans can fix things are just as out of touch with reality as those who claim democrats can.

All labels aside, I agree that obama was and still is a typical politician. And I agree that under the typical politicians we have to choose from,... picking a Republican just because they call themselves Republican will not fix the problems America has. Just like those that voted for obama because they thought he would fix things. They were wrong.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... Comey has a tremendous amount of support within the FBI.

Really? I heard, after the "non-prosecution" of HIllary, that many in the bureau were going "WTF?!"
But perhaps that has changed in six months.

Regardless, I found many of his actions to be questionable, at best. Inept, for the most part. Criminal, if one wants to push it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock