Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  My Life As I Knew It Is Over. PITY PARTY !

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Life As I Knew It Is Over. PITY PARTY ! by cliffw
Started on: 05-02-2017 09:44 AM
Replies: 38 (567 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 06-07-2017 12:52 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Da'Yum.

Let me vent here a little bit. Perhaps reflect. Likely beg for advice.

I THINK I HAVE BEEN PUZZY WHUPPED.

I don't know where to even start. What a year.

My daughter moved back in with me. Packing another baby from a different daddy. That makes two babies (well, one is now three years old) and she has never been married. She now claims that she doesn't need a man. cliffw looks between his legs, . The three year old is in CPS custody and we are the safety blanket which might allow her to get him back. Not a job I applied for.

The wife and I warned her many times. The wife and I told her over and over, that we do not want to raise no more kids. She can't even afford toilet paper, laundry soap, the tax payer paid for the birth(s) and buys her food.

Now get this. Though the wife and I loath people who depend on government, aka other people's money, the wife thinks we need to care for my daughter and those two innocent babies. What is cliffw supposed to do ?

If that wasn't enough, we sold our home. Where are we going to go ? I don't frackin know, . I don't know why I frackin moved here but now I like it. Very much.
cliffw looks between Cindi's legs.

The wife brought me here. She wanted to be close to her Mom. Her Mom passed a few years back, now she wants to live near her kids (San Antonio). Been there, done that, grew up there. Country life is for me. I can get to San Antonio in an hour.

Moving ? I have a lot of stuff. A lot of junk that is valuable stuff, . What to keep ? Where to put it ? Considering I don't know where I am gonna land. I do need to down size.

I also have a double hernia self funded event I need to attend to, .

This is just a start. Onward through the fog.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-02-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2017 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I don't like you no more, .

The last laugh will be on me. Dedicated to you, .
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2017 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the answer to this question...

Are you tough enough to make it?

Good luck. It is all I have to offer at the moment. Every day is a struggle. One that we should look forward to.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait...what was the moral of this story? Don't knock your daughter up? Don't get a job and make someone else pay for everything? Sooooo confused.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eh, just family crap. It will pass.........or you will.

I recently pulled my 40 year old son's man parts out of the fire.

Two months later when correcting him for some flagrant traffic violations he told me he hopes I die alone.

Heh, we all die alone.

The thing is, now that I know how he feels he's going to be surprised at the reading of the will. I can't wait...........no wait a minute, that's not right..........I ALMOST can't wait.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2017 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Yuppers, It goes both ways. My "father" told me that he was going to take my Son away from me several years ago during one of his better than thou fits. I am cruel, but he has never seen, nor will he ever breath Benjamin's air.

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2017 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, Do it for your grand kids..
And let your offspring know you are only because of them..
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Inasmuch as the daughter and children are concerned......
It's easy to suggest what to do on this side of the fence. However, on your side of the fence, not so easy. I know what I'd like to do, but would probably end up having 3 more house guests.

As far as moving somewhere where you really don't want to. NO!!!!!

Good luck. Hope it all works out for you.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do I understand you've sold your Kerrville place and are moving to San Antonio?
That's what..a whole 60 miles away?

Still have the lake property?
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Do I understand you've sold your Kerrville place and are moving to San Antonio?

Exactly! Let the ladies have the house and go live on the lake!

I kid/...kinda
PFF
System Bot
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Now get this. Though the wife and I loath people who depend on government, aka other people's money, the wife thinks we need to care for my daughter and those two innocent babies. What is cliffw supposed to do ?

I'm thinking cliffw's likely response to someone in this situation would be that they ought to care for their daughter and grandchildren without government intervention (aka other people's money.)

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

I recently pulled my 40 year old son's man parts out of the fire.

Two months later when correcting him for some flagrant traffic violations he told me he hopes I die alone.

Heh, we all die alone.

The thing is, now that I know how he feels he's going to be surprised at the reading of the will. I can't wait...........no wait a minute, that's not right..........I ALMOST can't wait.

That is some good **** . LOL!
I have some of my stuff aimed at a distant relative just for fun. I want the expression to be meaningful, "A long lost cousin of my moms mom died and..."
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2017 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

That is some good **** . LOL!
I have some of my stuff aimed at a distant relative just for fun. I want the expression to be meaningful, "A long lost cousin of my moms mom died and..."

Made me snicker and think...

"And, to my neighbor which throughout the years was a complete azzhole, I Will to him 2 and one half dozen boxes of Magnum Extra Ribbed condoms and a one ounce tube of Handy Lube. A trust has been opened to send the condoms by certified mail each Easter Sunday. The lube will arrive when the condom stock has been reduced to zero. Thank you."
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FrugalFiero:
I'm thinking cliffw's likely response to someone in this situation ...

Close. You missed it by that much, (Maxwell Smart), .

I am doing so such of a thing. But hey ? I pay my taxes. I provide for all the other unmarried mothers with bastard babies. I don't mind a little help, I am not rich.

I am working for the tax payer. If you don't think that I am not making my daughter own her own decisions, come on over.
My help will be never ending.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Legally go after the babies daddy for child support. These studs need to pay for the care of their offspring, not the taxpayer.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Legally go after the babies daddy for child support. These studs need to pay for the care of their offspring, not the taxpayer.

I never understood how someone can father/mother a child and then not be in their life
Sometimes you cannot put all the blame on either party
It may be hard to hear sometimes but responsibility goes both ways
Bottom line is there's a child that needs to be taken care of it's time to step up for both parents they need to take responsibility for their actions
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do I understand you've sold your Kerrville place ...

True. Signed the contract a few days ago, closing on the 10th of May. I have serious seller's remorse.
In three days the first looker agreed to give me my asking price. The wife unit has been wanting to move for years. I stayed her off by saying "let's see what happens after Nobama leaves office".
I got a tidy sum of profit but the next day I see news reports that it is a seller's market, that inventory is low.

... and are moving to San Antonio?

Jeeze, I hope not. I don't know where I am 'gonna land. I do love San Antonio though.

To the near side. San Antonio is like Kerrville and much like a "home owners association". Rules Rules Rules. I like to make the rules, .

You betcha', . For now I guess I think. Bought and paid for, before I said "I do", . Not community property. I want to invest our profit there.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35768 posts
Member since Jun 2003
A plea for help.

I am 'gonna have to store about 30 long guns. Most antiques, circa "old".

Where can I get heavy weight cardboard tubes, in I guess in about of six inches diameter ?

I would like to get it "cut to fit". A 20' stick would be great.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check with a carpet store or hardware type store that sells cut lengths of carpet. it comes rolled on a big cardboard tube.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2017 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Check with a carpet store or hardware type store that sells cut lengths of carpet. it comes rolled on a big cardboard tube.

Great idea. Better yet, my brother works at a national chain of carpet distributors.

I was thinking, "I got it on this end". Hold my beer and watch this. I was thinking about using PVC pipe. They make caps that fit and seal. I could even bury them.

Thanks Don.
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2017 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I could even bury them.

Thanks Don.

Not a bad idea, but I dont think the wiminz are gonna fit in PVC pipes. Maybe if you get that big green sewer-pipe stuff.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2017 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

In this state, no s.s.# of daddy on birth cert.. no welfare for you and child..
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2017 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Go to your local engineering company and construction company's.. They most likely use a wide format printer and ask them to save the "core" from the 36"x500 paper rolls..

Or go to an army surplus and get 2-3 ammo boxes.. the ones I have a 4'x16"x16"
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2017 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If that wasn't enough, we sold our home. Where are we going to go ? I don't frackin know, . I don't know why I frackin moved here but now I like it. Very much.

Moving ? I have a lot of stuff. A lot of junk that is valuable stuff, . What to keep ? Where to put it ? Considering I don't know where I am gonna land. I do need to down size.

Well, the home just closed. We got our cash.
I don't know. I have seller's remorse. Even though we got our buying price back plus an almost equal amount of profit.

Now the fun begins. I got a lotta stuff to do, a lotta stuff to move/sell/throw away. I did fi-nagle a four month free rent window of departure, .

I want to dedicate this song to me. Should it stay or should it go ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-12-2017).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2017 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dunno, man. She is your wife and you are gonna have to decide keep or get rid of.

Disposal fees can be pretty high, though.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2017 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shooting for the stars
Cruise the speed of light
Glowin god of Mars
Body burning bright

Well I'm ridin', ridin' on the wind
Yes I'm ridin', ridin' on the wind

Tearing up through life
Million miles an hour
Blinding all in sight
Surging rush of power

Ridin' on the wind! Ridin' on the wind!
Ridin' on the wind! RIDING ON THE WIND!

Thunderbolt from hell
Shattering aloud
Screamin' demons yell
Bursting through the clouds

----------------------------------------------------
A small town boy with a big time dream
Cliff was a bonified rocking machine
He said one day I'm going to show the world
Exactly what I've got

He took a pull out sixteen and made a deal
For an iron horse and rocking steel
and then he hit the highway
He ain't turning back no more
Let it ride

First gear, he's off and running
Second gear, can you feel it coming
Catch the wind and ride, to heaven

Bright lights, big city
I've got a six-string up
So I'm down and dirty
I'm gonna rock a little bit
shake a little bit
Well I've got a dream and it just won't quit

Bright lights (bright lights), big city (big city)
And here I come and you better get ready
Cause moving up loving it feeling alive
Get on the world and ride
Gonna make it to the other side

Jackie was just a small town girl
When she really lived in another world
One where she was a queen just like you know her gene

So she packed her bags and she said goodbye
Little boy called Cliffie hitched a ride
and together they rode off to the thrills of Hollywood
Let it ride

First gear, they're off and running
Second gear, can you feel it coming

Bright lights, big city
I'm heading out to the big time don't you worry
I cry a little bit, laugh a little bit
Cause we got a dream and it just won't quit

What we find might not be pretty
But we're moving up, loving it, feeling alive
Get on the world and ride to make it to the other side

Bright lights, bright lights, bright lights...

First gear, that's right

What you find might not be pretty
So you cry a little bit, laugh a little bit
Only you got a dream you just don't quit

You gotta move like a freight train slow and steady
But you moving up, loving it, feeling alive
Get on the world and ride to make it to the other side

You got to find the bright lights

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2017 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My Life As I Knew It Is Over. PITY PARTY !

When I read the thread title, the first thing to cross my mind was "wait, isn't he married already?"
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hold my beer and watch this. Re moving.

Since I don't know where I will land, I do not know how much I need to downsize. I see self storage costs in my future. I have played that game. It likely lasts longer than one thinks. To the point of people questioning why they didn't just throw all the stuff away which could have been replaced at the cost of storage.

Self storage costs are through the roof. .58 cents a square foot, per month. (10X30 - $175.00 per month)
I can buy an ocean shipping container (8X40X9.5 foot high) for $1950.00 delivered.

This is what I see. For eleven months of rental, I can own 20 more square foot of storage, forever.
I will have it delivered here in Kerrville. I will load it full in front of my house, no need to load multiple small loads, transport, and unload at a rental storage unit, then have to repeat when vacating self storage. I will then have the loaded container transported to my "paid for" property.

When I do land and vacate MY storage unit, it will serve well as a stout property storage shed. They can even make a good shop (not automobile), some people make 'tiny houses' out of them. As they can be clad outside with siding and the interior can be 'pimped'. (A/C, pedestrian doors, windows, attached porch. I have even seen them with roll up doors.)

I just 'gotta make sure that the damn thing can be moved when loaded. Oh I know it can but what will that cost ?

@ maryjane. Many come from the Port Of Houston. Cheaper delivery for you. You might think on the shipping contaners should you have a need for an outback building.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2017 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOME people even convert the 40-foot ones into indoor, Olympic-rules (10m) shooting ranges.

(Its been on my bucket list for a LOOONNGGGGG time)
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hold my beer and watch this. Re moving.
I can buy an ocean shipping container (8X40X9.5 foot high) for $1950.00 delivered.

Hold my other beer and watch this.

Now they are backing out of the price of $1,950.00.

Do truth in advertising laws apply to Craig's List ? This is a company, not an individual.

I am not so much of a suing kinda guy but I have been learned that you can play on company over another. Just like auto dealers.

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to San Antonio Cliff!!! Let me know when you get down here... I'll bring you some Longhorn Beer. I've become addicted to the stuff.

I'm in the North side...
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now they are backing out of the price of $1,950.00. They want $2950.00.

The local guy wants $3200.00. I was going to go with him because he can move it loaded. The other guys are just freight jockeys.
Then, a sales jockey called me back and offered me one for $2.450.00, delivered, Tax included.

It will be here in an hour.

My my my, I fear I screwed up.

The local guy will still move it. At a very good price. I just wonder if I will overload (weight) it.

zhit's 'gonna happen. Same zhit, different day. Different day, different zhit.

I am scared.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 06-05-2017).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2017 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Me.. I'd have bought a used 18 wheeler trailer.. for 1200.00-1500.00 and then paid a truck to haul it.. then resell it..
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The local guy will still move it. At a very good price. I just wonder if I will overload (weight) it.

I assume this is to pack all your household belongings to move?
How will the container be offloaded at your current house and reloaded onto the flatbed after you have your belongings in it and then offloaded again at your new abode?

If with a winch, the drivers can get pretty rough loading and unloading those containers, but it would be pricey to hire a crane or big forklift to handle it.
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When they deliver it have them drop it on 4 x 4's spaced evenly maybe five or six of them. When it's time to move it call a building supply company and they'll send out one of their delivery trucks with a massive forklift to pick it up and stick it on the back of the truck probably cost a couple hundred bucks.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2017 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WBailey1041:

When they deliver it have them drop it on 4 x 4's spaced evenly maybe five or six of them. When it's time to move it call a building supply company and they'll send out one of their delivery trucks with a massive forklift to pick it up and stick it on the back of the truck probably cost a couple hundred bucks.

Id think at 2400.00 he owns it now.. I have a 20' and it was 2200.00 own it..
I'd hope he isn't paying that coin to rent it..

I got mine when my mother moved in when she lost her job.. and needed to store her stuff.. It will soon be turned into a work shop , parts washer, benches, drill press, grinder ,welder.. etc.. as my one car garage it isn't working with the big tools in it..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 06-06-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
Me.. I'd have bought a used 18 wheeler trailer.. for 1200.00-1500.00 and then paid a truck to haul it.. then resell it..

$1200.00- $1500.00, wow, that inexpensive ? Color me skeptical, especially in my area.
I would then also have to pay to haul it out here, and then the doors would be at the wrong end, as far as loading. The wrong end being harder, well such is life. The wrong end being impossible. The ground not level, and it is about two feet up off the ground as it hangs over an incline. A 18 wheel trailer would be at least four foot high.

My box is in place. What a monstrosity, . The double doors are even with my driveway. Maybe a six inch step to walk into it, and a dolly ramp will be a breeze.

I assume this is to pack all your household belongings to move?

Correct though not all of them, certainly not the antiques, nor the wife's china, .

How will the container be offloaded at your current house and reloaded onto the flatbed after you have your belongings in it and then offloaded again at your new abode?

It has already been off loaded. My 40' container was on a 35' trailer (hauled by a 1 ton Dodge dually). The trailer has dual hydraulic cylinders which tilt it (aka dump truck). The back end of the container touches the ground and it naturally lifts the container runners off of the trailer. Then they just drive out from under it. Easy peasy. When the container finally fell off the trailer is was just about a six inch drop.

The local guy who sells, also moves local contractor (electrical, plumbers, etc) boxes from job sites to job sites, loaded. He also has a tilt trailer. My understanding is he winches it onto the trailer. I don't know how he gets it up that first six inches. His winch, if I remember correctly, will pull 40,000 lbs. The empty container weighs 8,000 lbs. There in is the problem. I can not over load it.

If with a winch, the drivers can get pretty rough loading and unloading those containers, but it would be pricey to hire a crane or big forklift to handle it.

Agreed, especially considering I would need them on both ends of the move. It would also be impossible at the Bandera resting spot.

I wish it had an oilfield loading hitch on it. I do not understand why these container guys don't have one. I have seen many of the oilfield 'rough and tough' haulers gently lower ... everything. 100,000+ lb loads. My load delivery company did say he will not be responsible for contents. Insurance ?

Originally posted by WBailey1041:
When it's time to move it call a building supply company and they'll send out one of their delivery trucks with a massive forklift to pick it up and stick it on the back of the truck probably cost a couple hundred bucks.

I can get it moved for $250.00, Kerrville to Bandera. I also have operated some massive oilfield fork lifts. There is not one I have seen that will do what I would need it to do. If there is one, it is not anywhere near Kerrville.

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
I'd think at 2400.00 he owns it now.. I have a 20' and it was 2200.00 own it..
I'd hope he isn't paying that coin to rent it.

I own it. If there was any economic justice in the world, anybody can own. Oh wait. The Dumbs already tried that and it brought down the economy in 2008.

If there was any economic sense in the world, people wouldn't rent. Except in certain situations.

Furgal, these container sales people are like car salesmen. You can play them like a fiddle, if you know how to play the fiddle. I could have gotten a second box (after negotiation), another 40 footer high cube (9 1/2' foot interior height), for $2,200.00. I don't think you paid too much. The best I can get a 20 footer at is 2,100.00. But it is not a high cube.

The reason I bought mine ? I am not ever again going to need to rent self storage. I am sure I would have spent half my cost on rental with the move I am making. And all that back and forth loading/storing, then unloading/moving out. Time and money wasted. Plus, if I need something I put in "storage", it is at the end of my driveway, .

Another reason I bought mine is exactly what you said. Shop. The reason I considered another one ?

It is not much of a thing to modify them. Well, not too much of a thing. You can put in pedestrian doors, roll up doors, air conditioning, the list is as big as your imagination. I have seen here, locally, one being made into a deer lease living space. Nicely done. Interior and exterior wood clad.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can get it moved for $250.00, Kerrville to Bandera. I also have operated some massive oilfield fork lifts. There is not one I have seen that will do what I would need it to do. If there is one, it is not anywhere near Kerrville.

I've seen some rought terrain forklifts that probably would handle it. They could unload a full load of 4 1/2" DP at one time. Not something you could easily find or cheaply rent tho.
I see those 20 and 40' long containers for sale all over the place around here. Priced a 40' one about 8 years ago between Cleveland and Dayton, delivered for $1850.
That's not Kerrville tho. The closer you are to a seaport, the cheaper and more abundant they are. There's a place near Houston that has hundreds of them stacked up for sale.
Price has increased quite a bit since then it seems.
https://houston.craigslist.org/bfs/6146014210.html

Been inside lots of them. Cold as heck in winter and hot as hades in the summer if not ventilated.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 06-07-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock