Started on: 04-25-2017 07:17 PM
Replies: 9 (156 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 04-26-2017 06:00 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2017 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...ism-oxford/#comments

I gotta find a nice, deserted tropical island to move to. Somewhere P-Cdom has never been heard of and would be exterminated on sight.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might have a problem. I don't know how to self identify.
I don't avoid eye to tit contact, no matter the race.

Those that are shy and won't even eye contact with their own race ? Those that are busy with their eyes on the cell phone ?
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Other examples of “everyday racism” include asking someone where they are “originally” from, students were told"

I hope they don't mean it's racist to ask someone if they're originally from Kansas, Oregon, Texas, or Canada. If it does, we're all so screwed. We may very well get to the point where speech itself is no longer allowed because speaking to someone directly is considered a microaggression, but not speaking directly to them is considered racist. So what they heck do you do? Stop speaking? It seems we're well on the path to making everything either too aggressive or racist. People will end up becoming terrified to say anything anymore for fear of legal action.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It may be worth your time to check out the Reader's Comments after this article in the U.K. Telegraph. I won't copy-and-paste any of it, but I see good comments from Phillip Millar, Jess Green, Safina Mukhamadova (a "longish" comment), Mike Stamper and "Argle Bargle".
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...ism-oxford/#comments

I gotta find a nice, deserted tropical island to move to. Somewhere P-Cdom has never been heard of and would be exterminated on sight.

"Students who avoid making eye contact could be guilty of racism"

Well... that's interesting. I hope those students never have to work with math and science geniuses in some of the Federal technical agencies, or in places like Google, etc.

Some of the most brilliant math minds have the least ability to make eye contact because they never developed those skills. They hug walls when you walk by them in the hallway, and usually just prefer to sit in their little quiet area and do genius stuff.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
"Students who avoid making eye contact could be guilty of racism"

Well... that's interesting. I hope those students never have to work with math and science geniuses in some of the Federal technical agencies, or in places like Google, etc.

Some of the most brilliant math minds have the least ability to make eye contact because they never developed those skills. They hug walls when you walk by them in the hallway, and usually just prefer to sit in their little quiet area and do genius stuff.

Where are you originally from?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2017 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Where are you originally from?

Sheldon Coopers appartment

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG that's funny!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
It may be worth your time to check out the Reader's Comments after this article in the U.K. Telegraph.

G Joubert 23 Apr 2017 11:16AM

Micro aggressions call for micro apologies.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2017 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Snowflake Generation" ?

They define it as young adults in the 2010s??

I think they missed by a decade or 2. Seems to be most born in the 80s or after.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock