Started on: 04-25-2017 04:22 PM
Replies: 15 (226 views)
Last post by: steve308 on 04-26-2017 08:15 AM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2017 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally, a personal drone. An all electric flying craft that does not require a license. The future is now...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2017 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, sure looks like it will get you to the crash site pretty good.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want that flyboard airboard / whatever that thing is called.

Or take one of those and mod it so it looks like one of those scout speeder bike things from ROTJ
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a 5000' face-plant.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I've read, recommended only for over water flight.
Not exactly my vision of everyman's flyin car, but a neat concept none the less. I wonder if it can pull a skier or tube?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-25-2017).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They have not posted a price yet even though they are taking $500 deposits for a $2000 deduction off the final price. They also say the final model will be quieter as this one is super loud.

Since lift is from an electric motor and battery life is finite, the safety aspect hasn't been explained. What happens when you run out of juice? Since gravity is very well understood, they might have a bit of a problem.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
I wonder if it can pull a skier or tube?

Pull it where, . Up in the air ?

More than half the fun skiing and tubing is a boat's wake.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ski Lake Livingston when the wind is up..the waves outperform a boat wake any day, but it's a rough as hades boat ride.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69626 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Hudini:

They have not posted a price yet even though they are taking $500 deposits for a $2000 deduction off the final price. They also say the final model will be quieter as this one is super loud.

Since lift is from an electric motor and battery life is finite, the safety aspect hasn't been explained. What happens when you run out of juice? Since gravity is very well understood, they might have a bit of a problem.

Yeah, I don't think the relative size of those little propellers is gonna allow for AR either...

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AR ?
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Auto Rotation.

And ya ain't gettin' my ass up in one of those things even though there's water all over the place around here.
PFF
System Bot
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aka A Requiem.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
take those pontoons off and you can mow the lawn with it!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2017 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

take those pontoons off and you can mow the lawn with it!

Its a little big to be taking into the bedroom, dont ya think?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:
Auto Rotation.

Thanks Ray. Geeze, the things I found when I searched.

I discounted Accelerated Reading. Slightly considered Acoustic Research (some one mentioned the noise that thing makes). I gave more consideration to Augmented Reality (Apple has NASA minds working on its AR glasses. An interesting subject.

Another source.

AR is different from VR (virtual reality) because it overlays information on top of your actual field of vision, rather than transporting you to a new world. VR can plunge you to the bottom of the ocean, but AR can turn the people around you into sea creatures, so you don't run into them as you move around.

AR is different from VR (virtual reality) because it overlays information on top of your actual field of vision, rather than transporting you to a new world. VR can plunge you to the bottom of the ocean, but AR can turn the people around you into sea creatures, so you don't run into them as you move around.

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Electric? Won't the range be limited to the length of the cord?

In the past I had an ultra-light. Nothing gets you back on the ground faster then hearing the engine 'miss' when you're about 600ft.up!

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 04-26-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock