Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The Simple Reason Why a Second American Civil War May Be Inevitable (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Simple Reason Why a Second American Civil War May Be Inevitable by dennis_6
Started on: 04-24-2017 12:29 AM
Replies: 41 (627 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 04-27-2017 12:07 PM
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daniel Lang
April 21st, 2017

America has always had its divisions, and Americans have never really been a monolith. We’ve always been a nation of many nations. The culture of New England is different from the culture of the Deep South, which is different from the cultures in the West Coast or the Midwest. People living in the cities have different beliefs than people who live in the countryside. Within those areas, there are ethnic, linguistic, and religious enclaves. It’s always kind of been like that (probably to a lesser degree in the past), and somehow we’ve been able to find enough common ground to keep this country together for more than a century.

However, something has changed. You can feel it in the air. Our nation has clearly never been this divided since the Civil War. A lot of people noticed it after the last election, but the truth is that these divisions have been deepening for decades, and they’re just now reaching a very noticeable breaking point. That’s obvious enough when you look at how the left and the right have been going at each other. It used to be a war of words, but it’s turning into something very dark.

Consider what happened last week in Berkeley after Trump supporters and counter protesters clashed for the third time. 21 people were arrested and 11 were injured (that we know of), six of who had to be taken to the hospital. At least one person was stabbed. The police confiscated confiscated knives, stun guns, and poles. One Trump supporter admitted to being surrounded, pepper sprayed, and beaten with sticks by a mob of “protesters.”

But wait, that’s not the dark part. After these groups clashed, the leftist protesters took to Reddit and admitted that they lost this particular battle (I can’t believe I’m using the word “battle” to describe it), and that it was time for them to attain more combat training and better weapons, including firearms.

Do you see what’s going on here? Conservative demonstrations, which used to be placid affairs (remember the Tea Party protests?) are now turning violent as conservatives grow tired of restraining themselves, and are no longer afraid to hit back. Liberal demonstrators are responding by ratcheting up the level of force that they’re going to bring to the next street battle. It’s a tit for tat that keeps escalating, and I shudder to think of where it’s going to end up.

Honestly, I think we’re in the early stages of a second civil war. I can’t say what it’ll look like precisely, but I can tell you that our nation is on this path, and it’s not clear how we can get off of it. In fact, I fear that it may be inevitable, and there’s a very simple reason why.

It’s because Americans have been self-sorting themselves along geographic and political lines for a long time. A book titled “The Big Sort” made light of this trend back in 2008.

Basically what’s going on, is that Americans are moving to communities that align more with their politics. Liberals are moving to liberal areas, and conservatives are moving to conservative communities. It’s been going on for decades. When Jimmy Carter was elected in 1976, 26.8% of Americans lived in landslide counties; that is counties where the president won or lost by 20% of the vote.

By 2004, 48.3% of the population lived in these counties. This trend continues to worsen. As Americans move to their preferred geographic bubbles, they face less exposure to opposing viewpoints, and their own opinions become more extreme. This trend is at the heart of why politics have become so polarizing in America.

We’re also seeing the same trend emerge online with social media. Despite the fact that the internet allows us to be exposed to more opinions that ever before, people choose to follow online voices that they already agree with. They’re slipping into digital bubbles that are comparable to their geographic bubbles.

This trend is irreversible as far as I can tell. That’s because it’s tied to innovation. As our country became more interconnected with roads and Americans gained more mobility, we chose to move to like-minded places. We’re given the internet, the greatest source of information in human history, and we use it to seek out only the information that reinforces our current beliefs.

We’re self-sorting at every level. Because of this, Americans are only going to grow more extreme in their beliefs, and see people on the other side of the political spectrum as more alien.

You can see how this is creating the perfect breeding ground for a real, physical war. The polarization makes it easier to dehumanize the other side. The self-sorting creates definable geographic boundaries that are necessary for a war. It spawns two sides with beliefs that are so divergent, that they cannot coexist.

We’re becoming two distinct nations with two competing visions for what the country should be. Two visions that are diametrically opposed. We used to be a nation of many nations that was held together, because there was still some common ground on what it means to be an American above all else. Now we can’t even agree on that.

Once the last shreds of common ground and understanding dissipate, a moment that is rapidly approaching, another civil war will be impossible to avoid. I wish I knew what the solution is, but I don’t. All I can say is, unless Americans go out of their way to listen to people on other side, whatever that side may be, there’s going to be a lot of blood in the streets.
http://www.shtfplan.com/hea...-inevitable_04212017
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am a big believer in secession. Almost.

We are not the United States of America.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That certainly is not true in this State.
It is more divided politically by city size with the large cities being more liberal than the smaller ones and country folk.
I don't think this area is that unique politically.

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 04-24-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:
I don't think this area is that unique politically.

Texas.

BLUE ... Houston, San Antonio, Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin.
Red ... the rest of Texas.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35918 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by dennis_6:
Do you see what’s going on here? Conservative demonstrations, which used to be placid affairs (remember the Tea Party protests?) are now turning violent as conservatives grow tired of restraining themselves, and are no longer afraid to hit back.

No longer afraid to hit back.
They had placid affairs.

Come get some.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2017 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WHAT A CROCK..

This is nothing more than the police allowing the liberals to do as they please for way to long..
Allowing them to form protest with paid protesters that are there to start crap (inciting a riot is illegal)
Allowing them to riot/loot/burn neghborhoods just because..
Allowing them to bully everyone that doesn't tow their line
Allowing them to silence anything they don't like,, or outright ban it..
Allowing them to brainwash those in public schools for decade or 2-3
Allowing some to be labeled community leaders that are nothing more than people stroking the racial hate fires..

Now, that the other side is say'n (to quote Tom Petty ) "Let Me UP, I've Had Enough," It's a sign of a civil war in the near future..
No, it's a sign that the instead of being passive to the bullying , they are standing up for themselves.. the turn the other cheek, was hoping they get the memo, and stop.. but like always that doesn't work.. You have to stand your ground.. and that is all bullies understand..
Many are fed up with being told they are not tolerant to others views/feelings/ beliefs/lifestyles, by the "tolerant liberals" that are out to ban a groups views/feelings/beliefs/lifestyles.. mighty tolerant of them..
Many are sick of this being shoved down their throats , ANd being labels the intolerant/bigots/racist/Nazi's/
Many are sick of the double standards.. Latino pride ok, black pride ok, white pride, you racist..

If it ever comes to a civil war.. it'll end fast.. look at a map, liberals , are on the coast..for the most part.. most without guns or any markmanship.. Heck even the police need to spray bullets to hit a barn.. Are they going to retreat to the oceans when they are backed up to them..?
Even the rioters are not so dumb to go screw with area that fight back.. they riot/loot/destroy liberal neighborhoods.. as they know no one will stand up to them..

Sadly if it comes to blows.. many stuck in blue states that don't hold liberal values will be in the firing line with nowhere to go..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 04-24-2017).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty sure of the outcome.

BLUE=Food eaters.
RED=Food growers.
Edit:

This guy gets it -
https://townhall.com/column...-fight-back-n2317165

[This message has been edited by RayOtton (edited 04-24-2017).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2017 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

BLUE=Food eaters.
RED=Food growers.

You wrote it, it is not copy written, and I am going to use the pizz out of this!

This is a mindset situation. Meaning that the left actually believe that they are the majority, morally above, and with the means to destroy to create. It is not one of rational thinking. There is no planning other than where to meet. Long term goals are always discussed, but rarely brought to fruition. Interact with one. (Not all are incompetent. ) If they are not asking what you want on your order, they are often standing on a metaphorical street corner with an extended hand.

There is real danger here folks. All this "talk" of civil war can lead to unthinkable actions. All fun and games until it begins affecting you and yours.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2017 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
You wrote it, it is not copy written, and I am going to use the pizz out of this!

This is a mindset situation. Meaning that the left actually believe that they are the majority, morally above, and with the means to destroy to create. It is not one of rational thinking. There is no planning other than where to meet. Long term goals are always discussed, but rarely brought to fruition. Interact with one. (Not all are incompetent. ) If they are not asking what you want on your order, they are often standing on a metaphorical street corner with an extended hand.

There is real danger here folks. All this "talk" of civil war can lead to unthinkable actions. All fun and games until it begins affecting you and yours.

Don't kid yourself.. many % of libs are 1%ers.. they live in the highest cost of living areas of the country..
They are not asking do you want fries with that, or have a cup in hand with a sign..
Anyone that thinks that they are all mindless will fail..
To win you need to know the other side, no matter if it, love/politic/war/or just a pointless issue.. Your post shows you don't know the other side..

Sucks cause I'm stuck in liberal lala land.. and get to see the stupid on both sides.. neither want to give an inch..
If it ever comes to blows, both sides will shock everyone on just how well when push comes to shove they can all work together to make the village work.. without the products from the other side.. both are kidding themselves if they think, they are needed..
the red states think everyone needs their farming, the libs think without cali economy the us is sunk..
both are fools..
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2017 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Don't kid yourself..

Your post shows you don't know the other side..

I am at a loss for words with you. Enjoy your day.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sucks cause I'm stuck in liberal lala land.. and get to see the stupid on both sides.. neither want to give an inch..
If it ever comes to blows, both sides will shock everyone on just how well when push comes to shove ...

Shock and awe baby. The stupid on both sides ? What makes your zip code so clairvoyant ?

... they can all work together to make the village work.. without the products from the other side.. both are kidding themselves if they think, they are needed ...

I love that. So intelligently stupid.

"To make the village work ". Sounds like gang mentality to me. Or, mental illness. Did I say "politicians" ?

[B]Originally posted by E.Furgal:[/B
both are kidding themselves if they think, they are needed ...

I don't see it that way. Let's find out ! I don't need them and I care not if they don't need me.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 04-24-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35918 posts
Member since Jun 2003
I don't need them and I care not if they don't need me.

We import zhit from China.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 04-24-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A government shut down that closes down all the liberals entitlements will starve them out if it goes long enough. They only know how to take handouts to survive.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2017 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I don't see it that way. Let's find out ! I don't need them and I care not if they don't need me.

How the **** you think things got done before everything was trucked in.. everyone in the area "village" worked together.. bartered and traded goods..
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2017 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

A government shut down that closes down all the liberals entitlements will starve them out if it goes long enough. They only know how to take handouts to survive.

The S.S. retired will get bent.. the liberal entitled will just loot to get what they need
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Id give up my SS for the time necessary to make them crawl back. It only amounts to disposable cash anyway. You are right that they would just loot and steal though. I already have enough thieves to deal with.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2017 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Id give up my SS for the time necessary to make them crawl back. It only amounts to disposable cash anyway. You are right that they would just loot and steal though. I already have enough thieves to deal with.

Many would not, and many couldn't.. so they go just as nuts as the younger crowd..
This is why we are at this point, d.c. knows they have 47% of the people by the balls.. As they cut the checks
Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

BLUE=Food eaters.
RED=Food growers.

Not sure it is that simple.

The blue areas have FAR more economic activity, control all ports and international trade, are the population majority, are centers of government, are the manufacturing centers and have more access to resources..

This whole idea that one can exist without the other is absurd. Who do you think designs/builds the tractors? Buys the food? Ships it abroad? Imports/refines the oil? Genetically engineers the crops? Designs and produces the pesticides? Keeps the factories from polluting the ground water? Provides electricity? Creates antibiotics for animals? Regulates the beef market so Brazil doesn't outsell the US? Inspects the food and creates regulations? Makes sure massive companies don't have monopolies?

Where is this insane idea come from that anyone in this country exists independently? The reason we are successful as a society is because we look out for each other, not because of some personal bullshit achievements..

[This message has been edited by Threedog (edited 04-25-2017).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2017 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:
Not sure it is that simple.

The blue areas have FAR more economic activity, control all ports and international trade, are the population majority, are centers of government, are the manufacturing centers and have more access to resources..

This whole idea that one can exist without the other is absurd. Who do you think designs/builds the tractors? Buys the food? Ships it abroad? Imports/refines the oil? Genetically engineers the crops? Designs and produces the pesticides? Keeps the factories from polluting the ground water? Provides electricity? Creates antibiotics for animals? Regulates the beef market so Brazil doesn't outsell the US? Inspects the food and creates regulations? Makes sure massive companies don't have monopolies?

Where is this insane idea come from that anyone in this country exists independently? The reason we are successful as a society is because we look out for each other, not because of some personal bullshit achievements..

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long term you have a point.

In fact, in the last civil war once the initial fervor of the south decreased, the industrial base of the north wore them down. However, it took a lot of resolve on the part of the north to bear severe losses until the tide turned.

But that was then, this is now. Resolve is not something the snowflakes are known for. This time the war is over due to starvation in the densely populated cities before the farmers run out of pesticides or their tractors wear out.

In addition, we haven't even mentioned energy. The gas,oil and coal are in the red zone.

Let's see the blues run a war on wind power.

I guess "collectively" they could all blow at the wind turbines on a calm day but that works up an appetite and you're back to square one.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 04-25-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The blue areas have FAR more economic activity, control all ports and international trade, are the population majority, are centers of government, are the manufacturing centers and have more access to resources.

Perhaps you should look at the 2016 Electoral map. Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina all have access to the oceans for international trade.

This whole idea that one can exist without the other is absurd.

That statement is absurd.

Again, absurd.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2017 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once the internet is shut down, the left will lose all forms of communication. Unable to pry themselves from the chair that binds. Unknowing of any tangible survival abilities. The once feverish roar of "reeeeeee!" will be written in history to stand forever as the pathetic existence that they stood for. Or the assistance they so needed to survive.

Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And California, Illinois, Washington, Oregon, all have plenty of food. Are we talking states vs states or cities vs rural? If we go states vs states, North Dakota and Montana have most of the Nukes so the point is relatively moot..
Also, how is "absurd" a counter argument? You are ignoring all of the factors that apply to your life, just because you don't see them.

I accept that there many people, from Urban and Rural areas that make my life what is, and help keep me alive. How can you not see that we are a society, not a bunch of individuals?
- Do you make your own medicine and test it before you use it?
- Do you lay the asphalt on your roads? and make sure the local bridges don't collapse?
- Did you make sure that all of the truckers which transport your goods have safe, consistent highways to get your goods to market?
- Did your grandparents eradicate polio and other diseases so you didn't get them?
- Did your relatives single-handedly defeat the Nazi's, the British?
- Do you test all of your gasoline before you used it in your car?
- Did you set and maintain federal standards of quality for gasoline/diesel fuel?
- Do you make sure that your currency still has value so it is actually worth something?
- Do you make sure that your bank is FDIC insured so your money doesn't disappear if the bank collapses?
- Did you create the fire code standards in your state which built your house?
- Do you maintain your own satellites and internet connection?
- Do you test and regulate your own water, then clean it if necessary?
- Did you make sure the factory up the river from you is not dumping absurd amounts of pollution into the water? Or creating acid rain clouds?
- Did you check every pesticide to make sure that it just killed pests and not the plants themselves?
- Did you pay someone to sit outside your house all day with a gun, making sure that no one robs your stuff?
- Do you pump your own natural gas and oil out of the earth and refine it?
- Last time you flew on a plane, did you inspect it yourself?
- Did you inspect your tires and test the rubber to make sure that it was not of subpar quality?
- Do you test every piece of food you buy, making sure that it is not poisoned?
- Did you inspect the power lines which run to your house, making sure that they did not set the forest on fire, burning your land?
- Did you pay the majority of the taxes which pay for federal subsidies on agricultural goods?
- Did you go to a university which helped invent and refine the farming techniques that are used?
- Do you enforce water rights laws that insure a neighbor upstream can't divert all of the water from the local river, leaving you with everything?

Most of these jobs are done in cities, and all of them are done in one way or another by the government, as a public service. Like it or not, for anyone in this country to maintain anything close to what they have now, we have to work together. That is the whole point of being united. We are stronger together than we are apart.

This applies at all levels. California and Texas could both survive as their own countries, but they are much stronger if they are united. Mexico+the US+Canada are more powerful together than they are apart. Unity is what makes us strong, division is what makes us weak.

[This message has been edited by Threedog (edited 04-25-2017).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2017 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you make fire? Actual fire without man made ignition?

Could you, or have you ever killed an animal for food?

If there is utter chaos, where will you get your food and water?

Etc...

What I am saying is, many left leaning folks cannot survive on their own. Many right cannot also, but my money lies where my mouth is. I can answer yes to those question, and many more. I know that the app that is available for survival will not be available for survival when needed. I know how to disinfect water.

Edit: Just how well is that "Unity Tour" thing going anyway?

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 04-25-2017).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Texas.

BLUE ... Houston, San Antonio, Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin.
Red ... the rest of Texas.

San Antonio became a little bit less blue on March 6th.

But hey... stop talking secession. I just moved here... if this state splits, I'm moving back to Florida and I'm going to be pissed.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most of these jobs are done in cities, and all of them are done in one way or another by the government, as a public service.

You really don't grasp the idea of privation or basic survival under severe circumstances.
The whole concept of self reliance is totally alien to you.
Your own words clearly demonstrate your belief in being cared for and provided to by the government.
That is why you rightfully earn the name: "soft children of the left".

If, God forbid, we ever face another civil war over political differences, I most certainly don't fear you..... but I honestly do pity you.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-25-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13817 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Man, some of y'all really don't care about anyone but yourselves

Just ruin the earth for future generation, at least you got yours, right?

- Do you lay the asphalt on your roads? and make sure the local bridges don't collapse?
- Did you make sure that all of the truckers which transport your goods have safe, consistent highways to get your goods to market?
- Did your grandparents eradicate polio and other diseases so you didn't get them?
- Did you set and maintain federal standards of quality for gasoline/diesel fuel?
- Do you make sure that your currency still has value so it is actually worth something?
- Do you make sure that your bank is FDIC insured so your money doesn't disappear if the bank collapses?
- Did you make sure the factory up the river from you is not dumping absurd amounts of pollution into the water? Or creating acid rain clouds?
- Did you check every pesticide to make sure that it just killed pests and not the plants themselves?
- Did you pay someone to sit outside your house all day with a gun, making sure that no one robs your stuff?
- Did you inspect your tires and test the rubber to make sure that it was not of subpar quality?
- Did you inspect the power lines which run to your house, making sure that they did not set the forest on fire, burning your land?
- Did you pay the majority of the taxes which pay for federal subsidies on agricultural goods?
- Did you go to a university which helped invent and refine the farming techniques that are used?
- Do you enforce water rights laws that insure a neighbor upstream can't divert all of the water from the local river, leaving you with everything?

Generations before you, including mine, did all that and a whole lot MORE.
i.e. "Do you maintain your own satellites and internet connection?"
Young man we didn't HAVE satellites or an internet until my generation invented them and built them.
What have YOU done besides be the beneficiary of all that others have accomplished ?
Funny that you were so caught up in your "virtue signaling" about "Earth Day", ( //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/119977.html ) that you didn't come up with your list before now.

A civil war? Hell you soft children won't survive a prolonged natural disaster.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-25-2017).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And California, Illinois, Washington, Oregon, all have plenty of food. Are we talking states vs states or cities vs rural? If we go states vs states, North Dakota and Montana have most of the Nukes so the point is relatively moot..
Also, how is "absurd" a counter argument? You are ignoring all of the factors that apply to your life, just because you don't see them.

I accept that there many people, from Urban and Rural areas that make my life what is, and help keep me alive. How can you not see that we are a society, not a bunch of individuals?

Most of these jobs are done in cities, and all of them are done in one way or another by the government, as a public service. Like it or not, for anyone in this country to maintain anything close to what they have now, we have to work together. That is the whole point of being united. We are stronger together than we are apart.

This applies at all levels. California and Texas could both survive as their own countries, but they are much stronger if they are united. Mexico+the US+Canada are more powerful together than they are apart. Unity is what makes us strong, division is what makes us weak.

Man, I don't know what you're talking about... I really don't. The overwhelming vast majority of what you just posted in your list there, was done in the private sector, by corporations, looking to make a profit. Government had very little to do with any of that.

The Federal government didn't create the car, the gas lantern, or anything like that... the private sector created all of that, and then the private sector provided the energy to produce it. Planes, tires... good Lord, everything you put there was done by a corporation, not by the Federal government.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My bad, it was not a counter argument. I was pressed for time. It was just an observation.

Are we or are we not a bunch of States which form a country ? Individual States. Which joined together with like-minded folks. Just as individuals join together in marriage, some times it don't work out. Is the world a bunch of countries or are we all like minded ?

Your list ... :

Click to show

What makes you think all those benefits won't be replaced ?

Bullzhit.

California and Texas could both survive as their own countries, but they are much stronger if they are united. Mexico+the US+Canada are more powerful together than they are apart. Unity is what makes us strong, division is what makes us weak.

If Texas wants to be any stronger, sucking up to California won't do it.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2017 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What do you know about California's economy? If they "could survive as their own countries", then what say you of the $457,000,000,000 in debt that they are in? It is still rising. I do not call that self sufficient.

Facts make us strong. Falsehoods make us weak.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why is Mexico in there? Are you suggesting that Mexico and the US should be one country? I don't understand what you're talking about. Are you referring to NAFTA?

I could give two shits about Mexico's economy... it's not my economy. I wish the best for them, and I'd love to see them be wildly successful, but not at the expense of the United States... sorry.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps Threedog is suffering the delusion that one can make a weak entity stronger by making a strong entity weaker, or, one can make a poor man richer by making a rich man poorer.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"United we stand, divided we fall" This forum is a perfect example of the division. I prefer to borrow from the best of conservatism and the best of liberalism. We can learn from those who think differently from us. We don't learn anything from like thinkers. We just get satisfaction from reinforcement of our own concepts rather than new viewpoints for learning.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Without the Left telling you what to do you can't survive.

Pretty much what I read.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:
"United we stand, divided we fall" This forum is a perfect example of the division. I prefer to borrow from the best of conservatism and the best of liberalism. We can learn from those who think differently from us. We don't learn anything from like thinkers. We just get satisfaction from reinforcement of our own concepts rather than new viewpoints for learning.

Well then, ... let's unite with the Russians, the Chinese, the Iranians.
World peace, no enemies.

The united WE stand are like minded individuals.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's true enough that classic Liberalism has a place in US politics and society.

However, the Liberal label was hijacked somewhere along the line by the Progressives and that's a horse of a different color.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2017 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can listen to facts. Emotions not so much. Especially when emotions are straining to distort the facts. The left change the definition of definition.
Let me remind them...

Definition of definition

1 : an act of determining; specifically : the formal proclamation of a Roman Catholic dogma

2 : a statement expressing the essential nature of somethingb : a statement of the meaning of a word or word group or a sign or symbol dictionary definitionsc : a product of defining

3 : the action or process of stating the meaning of a word or word group

4 : the action or the power of describing, explaining, or making definite and clear the definition of a telescope her comic genius is beyond definitionb (1) : clarity of visual presentation : distinctness of outline or detail improve the definition of an image (2) : clarity especially of musical sound in reproductionc : sharp demarcation of outlines or limits a jacket with distinct waist definition

definitionalplay \-ˈni-shə-nəl\ adjective

The changing of words and history is what upsets me the most. I have written this before. I can listen to facts as to why the books should be changed, but when books are taken from the shelf, changed, destroyed, or reprinted differently from the originals because of emotions, then pfffft. Just done with it.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps Threedog is suffering the delusion that one can make a weak entity stronger by making a strong entity weaker, or, one can make a poor man richer by making a rich man poorer.

This is exactly it... this is the crux of all liberal arguments. The reality is that the Democrats are insidiously corrupted by power... but that's just at the top, everyone else is just a pawn believing the fake concern.

But Ronald Reagan said it best:

Or the extended 1 minute version which is even better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCf8J8UXG6s

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 04-26-2017).]

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't kid yourself.. many % of libs are 1%ers.. they live in the highest cost of living areas of the country..
They are not asking do you want fries with that, or have a cup in hand with a sign..
Anyone that thinks that they are all mindless will fail..

We are all so poor out here.
http://www.mercurynews.com/...nsidered-low-income/

San Francisco and San Mateo counties have the highest limits in the Bay Area — and among the highest such numbers in the country. A family of four with an income of $105,350 per year is considered “low income.”

Maybe I can get some welfare?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock