Started on: 04-12-2017 07:44 AM
Replies: 89 (1557 views)
Last post by: Fiero_Fan_88 on 06-22-2017 07:22 PM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2017 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marked as "Fun Stuff".

I will let the video talk...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2017 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly.. or maybe it's a good thing..
They will all be bubble wrapped in a warehouse for 30-40 years..
As the drivetrain can't take that.. first time someone goes in and tunes it,, shutting off the torque management.. there will be parts on the pavement..
Worse is the flipping price of the thing..
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2017 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect most of the limited edition will sell, depending how much over MSRP the dealers mark the vehicle up.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2017 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I suspect most of the limited edition will sell, depending how much over MSRP the dealers mark the vehicle up.

sell, yes.. dealership rape, yes.
used nope.. parked and out on jack stands, yup.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2017 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well then, it is still absolutely amazing.

Some folks do not like Cheerios. I get that. But stop ****ing pissing on everyone elses Cheerios please. Would ya? No shat it will be bubble wrapped. No shat it is expensive. No shat it is what it is. Drive train abuse? When you can build a severely sub ten second warrantied drag car, then speak the **** up. Until then, quit you daily gawd damn crying. My gawd man, you sound like a liberal that has been spoon fed her entire life, then she decides to become a man, but does not have the available testosterone to deal with "his" new swinging penis.

Here comes the I am diagnosed with (insert whatever manageable disease or self diagnosed condition from actually having to work here)...

I mean really, how often do folks have to be kind to you before we are done paying up to your standards? **** man! You sound like a dobey at times? And that guy is a **** stick.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2017 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Well then, it is still absolutely amazing.

Some folks do not like Cheerios. I get that. But stop ****ing pissing on everyone elses Cheerios please. Would ya? No shat it will be bubble wrapped. No shat it is expensive. No shat it is what it is. Drive train abuse? When you can build a severely sub ten second warrantied drag car, then speak the **** up. Until then, quit you daily gawd damn crying. My gawd man, you sound like a liberal that has been spoon fed her entire life, then she decides to become a man, but does not have the available testosterone to deal with "his" new swinging penis.

Here comes the I am diagnosed with (insert whatever manageable disease or self diagnosed condition from actually having to work here)...

I mean really, how often do folks have to be kind to you before we are done paying up to your standards? **** man! You sound like a dobey at times? And that guy is a **** stick.

no warranty buddy..
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2017 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

no warranty buddy..

The Demon comes with the standard FCA warranty of three-year/36,000-mile bumper to bumper coverage and five-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain coverage. This warranty covers problems which occur on the dragstrip, even when running on 100-octane fuel, but it only covers the car in stock form. Any aftermarket engine tuning, adding nitrous, swapping to a smaller pulley or other power-adding goodies will impact the warranty, but in bone-stock form, damage which occur at your local test-n-tune should be covered. In other words, the Demon is literally a 9.65 quarter mile car with a drivetrain warranty.

http://www.allpar.com/news/...ere-is-to-know-37153

The numbers: 840 horsepower; 770 lb-ft of torque—the world's most powerful production car V8 engine. 2.3 seconds 0-60 (world's fastest for a production car), 5.1 seconds to 100 mph. Quarter-mile: 9.65 seconds at 140 mph, the world's fastest production car quarter-mile, as certified by the NHRA. In fact, that's so dang fast, Dodge says the car is "officially banned by the NHRA" for being too quick for a production car to run at a drag strip without a cage.

And yes, shockingly, this is all covered by Dodge's three-year, 36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and, even more astoundingly, the automaker's six-year, 60,000-mile drivetrain warranty.

http://www.roadandtrack.com...-photos-performance/

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2017 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no warranty buddy..

My good man, I often do my homework. As far as I can tell, you do not.

Enjoy your day.

(Tempted to call you "buddy", but I only use that as a derogative.)
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2017 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My good man, I often do my homework. As far as I can tell, you do not.

Enjoy your day.

(Tempted to call you "buddy", but I only use that as a derogative.)

Then do your homework..
they come in 2 levels.. from the dealer/factory..
The killer tune (3rd level)1000+ hp after you buy the car, you order the 3500.oo+ "kit" that includes another ecu.. and voids the warrant.. as soon as you order and sign for it..

but carry on..
I sill talk to my old co-workers from working at mopar dealership..
study up

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 04-12-2017).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2017 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then do your homework..
The killer tune (3rd level)1000+ hp after you buy the car, you order the 3500.oo+ "kit" that includes another ecu.. and voids the warrant.. as soon as you order and sign for it..

but carry on..
study up

The video does not advertise this "killer tune"? Nor has any video or information that I have read. If you have something otherwise, prove it. Not "I heard it from a friend's friend's auntie". I do not believe that they sell a 1,000 plus hp variant. I call BS on your BS.

Besides, I am trying to carry a nice conversation with you, but you are asking me (repeatedly) to tell you to **** off. Do we really want that now? If you would like, I can carry on with that systematic destruction of your person, or we can play nice? The obvious choice is yours, but you will probably shat on this thread also.

One last time today... Enjoy your day.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2017 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008
Via Dodge:

Fastest quarter-mile car in the world; banned by the NHRA

840 horsepower and 770 pounds-feet of torque from supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Demon V-8 engine makes Dodge Challenger SRT Demon the most-powerful muscle car ever
Highest horsepower V-8 production car engine ever produced
*First-ever front-wheel lift in production car (2.92 feet) as certified by Guinness World Records
World’s fastest quarter-mile production car with an elapsed time (ET) of 9.65 seconds and 140 miles per hour (mph) as certified by National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)
Challenger SRT Demon is too fast for the drag strip – officially banned by NHRA
World’s fastest 0-60 production car: 2.3 seconds
0-30 miles per hour: 1.0 second
Highest g-force acceleration of any production car: 1.8 g
Air-Grabber™ induction system includes the largest functional hood scoop (45.2 square inches) of any production car
Significant upgrades to create the Demon engine include:
Larger 2.7-liter per rev supercharger; increased boost pressure to 14.5 psi
Higher rpm limit of 6,500
First-ever factory-production car with innovative SRT Power Chiller™ liquid-to-air intercooler chiller system
First factory-production car with After-Run Chiller that keeps cooling the supercharger/charge air cooler after the engine is shut off
First-ever, factory-production car designed to run on 100+ high-octane unleaded fuel or 91 octane on demand
First-ever, factory-production car with TransBrake for more powerful and quicker launches
First-ever, factory-production drag car with Torque Reserve, to deliver increased levels of power and torque at launch
First-ever, factory-production car with front passenger seat delete
Exclusive, serialized Demon Crate offers components that fully unleash the car’s potential at the drag strip
Challenger SRT Demon is covered by FCA US LLC factory warranty, including three-year/36,000-mile limited vehicle warranty and five-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain coverage
Production of limited-edition single model year (3,000 United States/300 Canada) Challenger SRT Demon begins later this summer; deliveries to Dodge//SRT dealers to begin this fall
All customers who buy the new 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon receive one full-day session at Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving
Dodge has named Hagerty as its official insurance provider of the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

* The new Porsche Turbo is already in production, and can lift it's fronts. It is AWD and riding on 220 grip Perellis. The tire combo is quite astounding considering it is not a drag radial. Other factors of course, but just outstanding in terms of acceleration.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 04-12-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2017 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then do your homework..

but carry on..
study up

You have a web based source for that or just from your "old co-workers"?
Mode 3 is purported to get 1023 hp with Crate ($3k option and race fuel)
Nothing I've seen indicates warranty lapse with Crate and strip runs.

Rumor mill says:
Power Mode 1: 757hp
Power Mode 2: 815hp
Power Mode 3: 1023hp
*Mode 3 requires the following:
1. Race Fuel: 100 octane or better
2. Crate PCM (crate purchased separately from the car for approximately $3,000)
3. Drag Mode Initiated, allowing higher RPM and broader power delivery in this drag mode
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2017 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From headquarters to dodge dealers.. email

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.
Power Mode 3: 1023hp *Mode 3 requires the following:
2. Crate PCM (crate purchased separately from the car for approximately $3,000) *** voids factory powertrain warranty*** ** off road use only**
3. Drag Mode Initiated, allowing higher RPM and broader power delivery in this drag mode...
Somehow I'm going to trust the info the factory is giving the dealer owners.. for info on model..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 04-12-2017).]

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2017 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How does this compare to the Hellcat ?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2017 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From headquarters to dodge dealers.. email

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.
Power Mode 3: 1023hp *Mode 3 requires the following:
2. Crate PCM (crate purchased separately from the car for approximately $3,000) ***Makes the girls wet*** **Don't eat lollipops and drive this car*
3. Drag Mode Initiated, allowing higher RPM and broader power delivery in this drag mode...
Somehow I'm going to trust the info the factory is giving the dealer owners.. for info on model..

Still waiting for a link
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2017 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Still waiting for a link

Oh, ya I'm going to have a link to the internal factory to dealer emails..

Good job at "keep'n it real"
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2017 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am calling you a ****ing idiot. Prove me wrong.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2017 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am calling you a ****ing idiot. Prove me wrong.

Good day..
As seen as you didn't even know there was a , after sale, ecu/tune/package..
I don't have to prove a thing..

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd drive it.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I'd drive it.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Real? you post things like they are fact and then call me out for keeping it real?
Same as my thread about my car and saying you can get a new car for the price I paid
I usually leave you alone but you are a long way down the rabbit hole.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From Dodge:

Here’s a rundown of Challenger Demon specs.

840 horsepower and 770 pounds-feet of torque from supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Demon V-8 engine makes Dodge Challenger SRT Demon the most-powerful muscle car ever
First-ever front-wheel lift in production car (2.92 feet) as certified by Guinness World Records
World’s fastest quarter-mile production car with an elapsed time (ET) of 9.65 seconds and 140 miles per hour (mph) as certified by National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) (This is the performance increase/enhancement derived from The Crate package components)
Air-Grabber™ induction system includes the largest functional hood scoop (45.2 square inches) of any production car
First-ever factory-production car with innovative SRT Power Chiller™ liquid-to-air intercooler chiller system
First factory-production car with After-Run Chiller that keeps cooling the supercharger/charge air cooler after the engine is shut off
First-ever, factory-production car designed to run on 100+ high-octane unleaded fuel or 91 octane on demand
First-ever, factory-production car with TransBrake for more powerful and quicker launches
First-ever, factory-production drag car with Torque Reserve, to deliver increased levels of power and torque at launch
With all this, you still get a three-year 36,000-mile warranty and five-year 60,000-mile limited powertrain warranty.

I know a guy that knows a guy that works at NASA that says my house is going to be struck by a little asteroid in June, so now, I'm busy putting up a foam cushion on my roof.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-13-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Via Dodge:

Fastest quarter-mile car in the world; banned by the NHRA

*First-ever front-wheel lift in production car (2.92 feet) as certified by Guinness World Records
World’s fastest quarter-mile production car with an elapsed time (ET) of 9.65 seconds and 140 miles per hour (mph) as certified by National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)
Exclusive, serialized Demon Crate offers components that fully unleash the car’s potential at the drag strip
Challenger SRT Demon is covered by FCA US LLC factory warranty, including three-year/36,000-mile limited vehicle warranty and five-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain coverage
Production of limited-edition single model year (3,000 United States/300 Canada) Challenger SRT Demon begins later this summer; deliveries to Dodge//SRT dealers to begin this fall
All customers who buy the new 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon receive one full-day session at Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving
Dodge has named Hagerty as its official insurance provider of the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

* The new Porsche Turbo is already in production, and can lift it's fronts. It is AWD and riding on 220 grip Perellis. The tire combo is quite astounding considering it is not a drag radial. Other factors of course, but just outstanding in terms of acceleration.

Some of that is wrong.

"Tesla’s P100D variant Model S has hit a new low – a record low time for a 0 to 60 mph acceleration, that is, in a new test conducted by Motor Trend using a stock vehicle with Ludricous+ mode.

The new track test time, via Electrek, also included a 10.5 second quarter-mile, both of which represent new records in terms of measured sprints. The Model S P100D becomes the first production car Motor Trend has ever test that has achieved a 0 to 60 mph speed meter less than 2.3 seconds, in fact."

Demon is rated below it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...cars_by_acceleration

"New Tesla Model S Now the Quickest Production Car in the World
The Model S P100D with Ludicrous mode is the third fastest accelerating production car ever produced, with a 0-60 mph time of 2.5* seconds. However, both the LaFerrari and the Porsche 918 Spyder were limited run, million dollar vehicles and cannot be bought new. While those cars are small two seaters with very little luggage space, the pure electric, all-wheel drive Model S P100D has four doors, seats up to 5 adults plus 2 children and has exceptional cargo capacity.
The 100 kWh battery also increases range substantially to an estimated 315 miles on the EPA cycle and 613 km on the EU cycle, making it the first to go beyond 300 miles and the longest range production electric vehicle by far.
The larger battery pack is also available on the Model X, making the world’s quickest SUV even faster."

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-13-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

49601 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by cliffw:

How does this compare to the Hellcat ?

There are literally dozens of dragway videos of Teslas beating Hellcats...even with the old lower capacity batteries.

https://www.teslarati.com/t...hallenger-drag-race/

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-13-2017).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few years ago I got to watch the hellcats in action on a strip in Detroit.

They had their butts handed to them by a lot of cars, mainly because they weren't getting traction very well it looked like.

Awesome cars, Awesome power. Too expensive for a straight line car IMO.

Brad
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my friends has a Callaway Corvette conv and its bad fast. Only trouble is with no weight and 2wd, you cannot get the power down to the road. If you punch the gas on the freeway, it spins the rear tires till you let up. It will break the tires loose at any speed in day to day driving. You even have to be careful about passing someone that you dont end up in the ditch on the other side.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2017 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Real? you post things like they are fact and then call me out for keeping it real?
Same as my thread about my car and saying you can get a new car for the price I paid
I usually leave you alone but you are a long way down the rabbit hole.

Ya, cus the email to the dealer isn't real..

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2017 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ya, cuz all I c is

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a Dodge fan, but you have to respect them sticking there neck out and putting out a car that so many people clain to want. And I am glad to see an American, v8, rwd car setting 0-60 and 1/4 mile records.

Always when people talk about how fast cars are, I always bring up drag cars. Finally an oem drag car is made.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is an absolute beast"
http://www.foxnews.com/auto...-absolute-beast.html

VIDEO SEGMENT
A Fox News contributor interviews FCA's Head of Passenger Car Brands, Tim Kuniskis, at what I believe is the New York City instantiation of the International Auto Show. Some big auto show. The interview setting is next to a Dodge Demon. The interview runs for almost seven minutes.

There is no road or drag strip footage of the Demon. Or very little.. Mr Kuniskis talks about it from his perspective as an FCA executive, and about his expectations for how the Demon will be "interpreted" by customers.

ACCOMPANIED BY TEXT AND PHOTOGRAPHS

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-16-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, way to go Italians! Glad to see them doing something with the former American brand!

All sarcasm aside, this is awesome.

This is exactly how the auto industry was in 1969 before the insurance industry lobbied Congress. This is a really amazing car. Only thing on it I don't like are the pizza cutter front wheels. I couldn't tell if that was stock or optional. You really need a normal set of tires in the front if you actually want to have it be something that people drive around. They should give you both... normal front tires for cruising, pizza cutters for the track.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like I said, the media should stop with the misleading statement about being the quickest production car. Its simply not true, but then when does any media care about truth. They could say it if they say its the quickest production car with an all gasoline engine. My little SUV is quicker...at least in the 0-60 time...1/4 mile could be a standoff. Im also a big Mopar fan.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Like I said, the media should stop with the misleading statement about being the quickest production car. Its simply not true, but then when does any media care about truth. They could say it if they say its the quickest production car with an all gasoline engine. My little SUV is quicker...at least in the 0-60 time...1/4 mile could be a standoff. Im also a big Mopar fan.

And what little SUV is this?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tesla Model X, P100D.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Tesla Model X, P100D.

Model X
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Model_X

0-60 2.9 seconds
1/4 11.4 seconds

Demon
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Challenger

0-60 2.3 seconds
1/4 9.65 seconds

Your logic does not add up.

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 04-16-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You looked at a P90D, P100D has more power and range. 2.2+ for 0-60. Only ones faster is the million dollar LeFerrari and Porsche 918....and they both are not production cars anyone can buy. The Model S and X is the same platform fyi. I really dont know 1/4 times of any of them. Like I said, I know they regulaly beat Hellcats, even with the #80 and #90 battery. There are dozens of videos. Im sure a race with a Demon will pop up sooner or later.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/0...-tesla-acceleration/

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-16-2017).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To quote wiki,

"The Model X has a choice of three lithium-ion battery packs, rated at either 75, 90, or 100 kW·h. The highest performance version of the model P100D goes from 0 to 60 mph (0 to 97 km/h) in 2.9 seconds[28] and the 1⁄4 mile (400 meters) in 11.4 seconds"

And

"The Tesla Model S (left) and Model X (right) share the same platform and 30% of their parts"

The Hellcat has nothing on the Demon. Something that makes all the difference, especially for a rwd, is that fact that the Demon comes with drag tires

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 04-16-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gave you a quote of 2.2+ from a car tester not wikipedia. Model S and X are nearly identical chassis. Only the bodywork is different. 2.9 is the less powerfull P90 battery. Theyre working on a P130 that will bring 0-60 to near 1.5. And all the Teslas racing are doing it on normal production street tires.

http://bgr.com/2017/02/07/t...-60-time-new-record/

http://bgr.com/2017/01/19/t...l-s-p100d-0-60-time/

https://cleantechnica.com/2...seconds-motor-trend/

http://www.roadandtrack.com...ond-tesla-0-60-time/

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-16-2017).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While being built on the same platform, they obviously have different performance. You can't say you Malibu is as fast as a Chevelle just because they are built on the same platform. And I was going strictly by the manufacturers specified times. The Demon does not have any independent test results yet, which could be either a good or bad thing.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock