Dodge Demon... by Tony Kania
Started on: 04-12-2017 07:44 AM
Replies: 89 (1557 views)
Last post by: Fiero_Fan_88 on 06-22-2017 07:22 PM
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nascar car is not a production car and you know that. But still looking it up, 0-60 is 2.8 seconds. That is slower then the Demon.

Now you are talking about top speed? What does that have to do with quickest 0-60?

IP: Logged
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, know that...but theyre as much of a 'production' car as a Demon technically.

YES there is a difference between top speeds, 1/4 mile, and 0-60....EXACTLY THE POINT IVE BEEN MAKING.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quickest is used to describe acceleration, usually measured 0-60. Where everyone here is saying that the Demon is recognized as the quickest production car both in 0-60 and the quarter mile.

Fastest is used to describe the fastest top speed.

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Yes, know that...but theyre as much of a 'production' car as a Demon technically.

YES there is a difference between top speeds, 1/4 mile, and 0-60....EXACTLY THE POINT IVE BEEN MAKING.

Respectfully... I can go to any Dodge dealership and place an order on a Dodge Demon.

I cannot go to any dealership, be it GM, Ford, Chrysler, or Toyota, and order a NASCAR-spec vehicle.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Quickest is used to describe acceleration, usually measured 0-60. Where everyone here is saying that the Demon is recognized as the quickest production car both in 0-60 and the quarter mile.

Fastest is used to describe the fastest top speed.

Yes correct. Who recognizes the Demon as the quickest production car in 0-60 ? I dont... It is NOT. Dodge 'claims' it is and everyone is just taking their word for it. No one else tested it that ive seen. Im not arguing that its not the fastest 1/4 mile time. In a 1/4, i admit the Demon probably wins with all other things equal.

On Cup cars, my point there is it is technically a 'production' vehicle, just not by a specific manufacturer. Anyone with the money can buy a cup car if you want, but not at a dealer obviously. They sell all the cup cars all the time. Public buys them at BJ and Mecum every sale. I know people who have bought them and race them in Nascar Historical Series. They run them at Mid Ohio during the Vintage Grand Prix with owners and drivers being anyone who bought one.

heres a few from Mid Ohio, one owned by a local strip club owner, another by a pizza shop owner...that they just bought and race for fun.

So anyone can just walk up and write a check for one if they want. Even one of you could. Your not going to get a warranty though...

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look Roger... I love you man, but every once in a man's life, he realizes he's wrong. It's more difficult to just keep digging and trying to find the angle with which you can claim some sort of slight victory or at best... less loss; however, it's SOOOO much easier to just admit when you're wrong, hahaha...

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lately, sense the Hell Cat, I have seen more Dodge drivers driving like maniacs. Those cars are VERY nice "respectable" but in the wrong hands.....look out.
I would own one, but I would have to win a lottery before I write a check.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Look Roger... I love you man, but every once in a man's life, he realizes he's wrong. It's more difficult to just keep digging and trying to find the angle with which you can claim some sort of slight victory or at best... less loss; however, it's SOOOO much easier to just admit when you're wrong, hahaha...

. I cant admit im wrong because its a fact i am not. They are both just to close to call...less than a blink of the eye. The facts are the times are very minor differences, and the Demon is a purpose built race car and the Tesla is mom and dads work/ grocery car. Even if you let the Demon have the win every times, its pretty sad and embarrassing that a built for racing car is barely quicker than soccer moms mall cruiser. (all as relating to 0-60 quick times). Your never, as you can see, convince me otherwise. Im waiting to see if anyone shows up to 405 Street Outlaw show to race in one. They only run 1/8 mile and ill guess that with the instantaneous electric motor acceleration, the Tesla will kill a Demon. Its the last half of the 1/4 mile the Demon catches up and passes it. High end is not the Teslas plus...its that neck snapping instant full 760 hp to the ground vs 800 that has to build in the Demon. Tesla awd has 505+hp rear motor and 260+ front one. When videos start showing up you will see the Tesla ahead for the first half probably all the time, with the Demon catching up and passing for the win in 1/4 mile.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 05-31-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dodge tries to reduce Challenger SRT Demon 'price gouging'
It's a five-point plan
http://www.thetorquereport....demon-price-gouging/

The 840-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Demon arrives this fall

This fall? How do I get by until then?

Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your interested in seeing the math...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock