Started on: 04-12-2017 07:44 AM
Replies: 89 (1557 views)
Last post by: Fiero_Fan_88 on 06-22-2017 07:22 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I gave you a quote of 2.2+ from a car tester not wikipedia. Model S and X are nearly identical chassis. Only the bodywork is different. 2.9 is the less powerfull P90 battery. Theyre working on a P130 that will bring 0-60 to near 1.5. And all the Teslas racing are doing it on normal production street tires.

http://bgr.com/2017/02/07/t...-60-time-new-record/

http://bgr.com/2017/01/19/t...l-s-p100d-0-60-time/

https://cleantechnica.com/2...seconds-motor-trend/

http://www.roadandtrack.com...ond-tesla-0-60-time/

Roger, I'm a big fan of the Tesla Model-X. My buddy has one (the fastest one you can buy with the higher charge batteries). It's not quicker than the Demon. The Demon literally is the "quickest" production car in the world right now. It's quicker even than the newer Bugatti Veyron SS. It's literally got a quarter mile in less than 10 seconds.

It's a factory drag car...
IP: Logged
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im just going by the published list in this order of the quickest production cars. Some lists put the McClaren in 3rd.

LeFerrari (not a 'real' mass production car)
Porsche 918 (not a 'real' mass production car)
Tesla P100
Demon

2.23 beats 2.3. not by much, but its still faster.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-17-2017).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2017 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How silly of me to mark this thread as "Fun Stuff". Man, I am a ****ing moron.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

How silly of me to mark this thread as "Fun Stuff". Man, I am a ****ing moron.

You're not having fun?

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2017 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

You're not having fun?

I have not yet opened my present. I am commenting first in hopes that it is Michelle. Please be Michelle!

*opens present* Yeah! It's Michelle!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL.

technically, you should have marked it car related, hehe.

Ill just have to agree to disagree. We have to wait for a video to come up. 1/4 time wasnt relative to me, were talking about their posted 0-60 time, at least I was. I made no mention of 1/4 mile times. I wonder what 4 drag slicks would do...? Remember the Teslas ive seen are always running their OEM Goodyear all weather street tires. We could get into top speed, and im sure the Hellcat and Demon would beat a Tesla...top speed is not that great. A 6000 pound Bentley would prob beat them all with a top speed just shy of 210. I did find this on 1/4 mile times http://www.roadandtrack.com...-mile-world-record/. It did do a mid 10s.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're not having fun?

I am now... and... I desperately want some Asics running shoes too...
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2017 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My favorite line of this story...

"Regardless, the two quickest-accelerating production cars aren’t exotic European supercars, but a muscle car and an electric luxury sedan developed right here in the United States that are at least more attainable than a limited-edition Ferrari, Bugatti, or Koenigsegg. That’s pretty cool."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click to show
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the Dodge Demon is being "demonized" in the media--or, at least by one automobile trade publication.

"Keep the Dodge Demon away from our public roads"

Trade publication Automotive News has called for the new Dodge Challenger SRT Demon to be banned in a scathing editorial regarding the muscle car titled “Keep the Dodge Demon off our roads.”

The outlet called the 808 hp Demon “inherently dangerous to the common safety of motorists,” even while admitting there are other “more powerful, and even faster vehicles available from other automakers that are rightly street legal.”

That was just the first two paragraphs of this brief report from Fox News "Auto".
http://www.foxnews.com/auto...hould-be-banned.html

The Fox News "Auto" report is in reference to this, from Automotive News:
http://www.autonews.com/art...-demon-off-our-roads

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-26-2017).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're not having fun?

Dammit man I just broke free from hoop girl
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2017 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Looks like the Dodge Demon is being "demonized" in the media--or, at least by one automobile trade publication.

Interesting reads. Thanks for posting. The following sentence is not at all directed towards you. Only the articles you posted.

I really do enjoy the comedic editorial views of those that have never felt greatness other than a participation award found on the ground on the way home from college.

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2017 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Keep the Dodge Demon away from our public roads"

The outlet called the 808 hp Demon “inherently dangerous to the common safety of motorists,” even while admitting there are other “more powerful, and even faster vehicles available from other automakers that are rightly street legal.”

Guns are inherently dangerous too, .
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2017 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also make note...I AM an avid Mopar guy too.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also make note...I AM an avid Mopar guy too.

And you should be, they make the fastest 0-60 and 1/4 mile production car.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
0-60 is 2nd fastest..... if you discount the LaFerrari and Porsche 918 that are not true 'mass' production cars. I can probably give Demon fastest 1/4 mile time though. Teslas do run out of some of the steam in the end of 1/4. 130 kw battery may fix that though.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-29-2017).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-29-2017 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

0-60 is 2nd fastest..... if you discount the LaFerrari and Porsche 918 that are not true 'mass' production cars. I can probably give Demon fastest 1/4 mile time though. Teslas do run out of some of the steam in the end of 1/4. 130 kw battery may fix that though.

Ah, but you are incorrect fine Sir. It has to do with the rollout stated earlier. Telsa starts the clock at rollout. Dodge began the clock at green. It was covered earlier. Dodge beats the magnificent Telsa when compared equally.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/...cars_by_acceleration

Wiki still lists it faster then the 918 and Laferrari

V8 ftw

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 04-29-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

While being built on the same platform, they obviously have different performance. You can't say you Malibu is as fast as a Chevelle just because they are built on the same platform. And I was going strictly by the manufacturers specified times. The Demon does not have any independent test results yet, which could be either a good or bad thing.

Same battery, same motors, same controllers. Different body panels and a couple more seats.

From Tesla..."Confirmed: Tesla Model X Powertrain Indentical To Model S. This email to reservation holders confirms that the base Model X P85 will feature the same powertrain found in the Tesla Model S 85D and that the Model X will be tow-capable. " ( This release was prior to P 90 and P100 batteries becoming available).

I can say the same things, your comparing a Demon with only one seat, line lock and racing tires to one with 7 seats and street tires. I want to see a real side by side runoff with both cars at same weight with same street tires... That would be a true race. That Demon with 1000+ pnds added, on some 245/45 all season street tires would be choking on dust. From Wiki link... Tesla time on street pavement, Demon on ideal day on a race prepped track...hardly equal.

Like Ive said, lets just see what happens when they go head to head on video. Demon may wait too long and Tesla battery upgrade will be done. Numbers are just that and can be manipulated to show whatever you want. Dont show me numbers...show me the cars doing what they say they can do.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-29-2017).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2017 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see several Tesla P cars daily. I heard first, then saw a Demon with no plates and a window sticker drive by my home yesterday afternoon. Just awesome!

I have great respect for a great car. Hence the Tesla's are pretty damn cool. But I witnessed a Demon.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The (10) most powerful street-legal cars ever manufactured primarily within the United States, according to Fox News "Auto".

http://www.foxnews.com/auto...rican-cars-ever.html
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fox list is baseless. Its listed on the information from the manufacturers, not an actual test. One of my friends has a new C7 ZR and its not all that, not even that much fun to drive. Is it a girl magnet, yes. Anothers Bentley GT had no trouble putting away a Camaro ZL1, Shelby Mustang 500GT from first hand experience. Hellcat is already proven in dozens of videos, not to outrun a Tesla P100. So Fox list is already questionable to me. Lets just say 'these are some of the fastest American production cars, in no specific order as reported from Fox. The Jeep claim as most powerful SUV is also not proven. Tesla Model X is also an SUV... thats faster. 3.5 seconds is much slower than 2.3....or even giving the benefit of doubt at 2.7. Jeep was a much better one on one though, both being SUVs, all wheel drive, and on street tires.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2017 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dodge has announced the pricing for the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, which starts at $86,090. That includes the $1700 "gas guzzler" tax.

Among the selections that are listed, for exterior paint color, "Plum Crazy".

This new report has a very extensive photo gallery, including the interior and under the hood. If you "click" on any of the photos, it enlarges and presents "arrows" to step through all of the photographs.

As close to "having" a Dodge Demon as this Pennock's member will ever get.

The Torque Report
http://www.thetorquereport....-demon-priced-86090/
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2017 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
local dealer is taking order/bids for the right to buy it.. 24900.00 gets you the right to buy it..
Loop hole around mother mopars push to stop the market adjustment dealer mark up..
no one is getting a demon for 85k or 90k or 100k

They need to stop this crap and just dump that drivetrain in a viper..
instead of a two ton tank
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2017 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its not a Mopar thing...GM and Ford dealers do the same thing. I remember when Ford GT (GT40 clone) came out in 2004, actual out the door price was nearly double window sticker. As one of my top favorites, I still didnt consider a Ford worthy of the local dealers $200k+ price. I had my eye out when sticker was announced for $125k-$140K. For that much I could have 2 turnkey ERA replicas. I have a friend with one of those and you cannot tell it from a real 60s GT40. Even the upholstery and webbers are spot on.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

They need to stop this crap and just dump that drivetrain in a viper..
instead of a two ton tank

I'm surprised its not a 4 door.
Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I gave you a quote of 2.2+ from a car tester not wikipedia. Model S and X are nearly identical chassis. Only the bodywork is different. 2.9 is the less powerfull P90 battery. Theyre working on a P130 that will bring 0-60 to near 1.5. And all the Teslas racing are doing it on normal production street tires.

http://bgr.com/2017/02/07/t...-60-time-new-record/

http://bgr.com/2017/01/19/t...l-s-p100d-0-60-time/

https://cleantechnica.com/2...seconds-motor-trend/

http://www.roadandtrack.com...ond-tesla-0-60-time/

Man, you're insecure. Can't have anything faster than your tesla right?

Why is everything a god damn pissing contest...

Dodge made an awesome car, it looks like loads of fun. It runs 9s with a warranty, it's impressive as hell.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not saying it wouldnt be fun. Not even saying its not as fast in 1/4 mile...it apparently is faster than Tesla. Only thing Im saying is its faster BY TESTS in 0-60 times. Only Porsche 918 and LeFarrari are faster. I didnt know any of the numbers at all when I bought it. I just liked how it took off and handled. It was weeks before I actually even bothered to look up any specs. I just say Chrysler cant say its the fastest production car 0-60 when its not...its at least 4th.

Ill wait till a real tester tests both together and gets their numbers. It will then be an even slate. Same track, driver, conditions. If Demon is faster in that, Ill accept that. In the meantime, Teslas will keep trouncing Hellcats.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 05-24-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2017 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See how well that Demon does with 2000 pnds of weight added, and put on 4 normal street tires like I said. Then it might be an equal cars race. As close as they are now, the Tesla would destroy it then. Like ive said all along, the only thing I contest is that Dodge CANNOT say they have the fastest 0-60 production car. Its not...even with all its advantages like race tires, stripped interior, etc, and thats giving you the benefit of the doubt on the numbers.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2017 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

See how well that Demon does with 2000 pnds of weight added, and put on 4 normal street tires like I said. Then it might be an equal cars race. As close as they are now, the Tesla would destroy it then. Like ive said all along, the only thing I contest is that Dodge CANNOT say they have the fastest 0-60 production car. Its not...even with all its advantages like race tires, stripped interior, etc, and thats giving you the benefit of the doubt on the numbers.

never tell anyone they can't do what they've already done.

Obviously they 'can' since they (or someone else) has already done it.

And now, you're starting to add make believe restictions on the Demon, to "make it a fair" race, which of course is turning it into a vehicle it isn't. Kinda like someone saying Tesla has to get rid of their electric drive train and install an ICE in their car to make it fair.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2017 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, I know what your saying. Im saying theyre within a hair of each other as they both are - one a stripped out race car and one a 7 passenger street car...in the 0-60 thing. What Im saying if you want an honest race, both should be as equal as possible without altering any of the drivetrain. Same track, same day, same driver, comparable tires and weight...then you see who is the fastest. Saying you took a Nascar race car and raced your neighbors work car is hardly proving anything. It would be embarrassing to the Nascar car if the daily driver stayed up with it.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2017 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL. The tires are comparable. They are standard equipment on both cars. If you buy a Demon and drive it much, and stay with standard equipment tires, you're going to be replacing them a lot, though.

I would agree that "production car" is a bit of an iffy gray area though, especially since they're only building enough to qualify it as a "production" car. It however meets all the requirements, and so is, technically speaking, the quickest production car. I suppose Dodge could have made it a little more like the Tesla, and made the top end program change a simple "ludicrous mode" option inside the existing ECM, instead of requiring an ECM swap.

If you want a street and track car in one, the Z/28 is still a better option. The Demon is probably a better option if you want to buy a factory drag car, though, than the COPO Camaro is. Just install the necessary safety equipment to make it NHRA legal, and try to tune the car to run a consistent 9.90.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2017 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, one seat, no amenities and street 'cheater' slicks are not production car equipment...even if it is street legal. For street you dont have to have more seats, stereo, heat and A/C or even windows. Im surprised its not to be sold without title, and as for off street use only like the Mustang and Challenger Rs. Here cheater slicks are questionable for street use...it may depend on your specific tire or the cops mood.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2017 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ya, one seat, no amenities and street 'cheater' slicks are not production car equipment...even if it is street legal. For street you dont have to have more seats, stereo, heat and A/C or even windows. Im surprised its not to be sold without title, and as for off street use only like the Mustang and Challenger Rs. Here cheater slicks are questionable for street use...it may depend on your specific tire or the cops mood.

Anything which is equipped on a production car from the factory which you can drive off the lot from a dealer, is by definition, "production car equipment." Just because drag radials don't come on every other car doesn't make them not valid. At one time only one model of car had a built in cellular phone, too. Nobody is stopping GM, Fiat, Tesla, or anyone else from building a production car with drag radials and pizza cutters out the door. Just happens that the Demon is the only one with it right now.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only a very few cheaters are legal street tires, most are not. Cops who want to stop you will, ticket you and you can argue in court. Ive known guys locally who drove their cars to shows and cruise-ins with them and got tickets. Only one went to court (mustang) and he lost. Corvettes have optional remote controlled open exhaust with no mufflers from the factory, and you will get ticketed for using them on the street. Just because you bought something at a dealer dont make it legal. Listening to your argument, you should not get a ticket for speeding if caught doing 180 mph in your Ferrari because it came from the factory like that I wanna see you try that one on a cop who stops you, and let me know how that turns out.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-28-2017 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Only a very few cheaters are legal street tires, most are not. Cops who want to stop you will, ticket you and you can argue in court. Ive known guys locally who drove their cars to shows and cruise-ins with them and got tickets. Only one went to court (mustang) and he lost. Corvettes have optional remote controlled open exhaust with no mufflers from the factory, and you will get ticketed for using them on the street. Just because you bought something at a dealer dont make it legal. Listening to your argument, you should not get a ticket for speeding if caught doing 180 mph in your Ferrari because it came from the factory like that I wanna see you try that one on a cop who stops you, and let me know how that turns out.

Don't be fatuous roger.

The tires on the Demon are street legal. You can argue all you want, but it doesn't change that fact. The Camaro/Corvette NPP exhaust from factory can't be held open in factory configuration. You have to install an aftermarket switch to force the valve open at anything other than wide open throttle. Factory, they only open with wide open throttle.

Granted, the Demon's drag radials are just barely legal, but they are legal.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger, do you even know what you are arguing about? You are really trolling this thread.

The thread is about the quickest production car. The Demon is competing as produced. It is fair per what they are comparing. Doesn't matter if it comes with non-street legal tires or if it is 1000 lbs lighter then competitors. It is the quickest production car.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon lands on eBay for $250k
http://www.thetorquereport....srt-demon-ebay-250k/

Any takers?
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon lands on eBay for $250 k
http://www.thetorquereport....srt-demon-ebay-250k/

Any takers?

I read where Porsche wanted to prevent this. They want there cars to be enjoyed being driven. Not sitting and be flipped for profits.

http://blog.caranddriver.co...lators-and-flippers/

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 05-30-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Roger, do you even know what you are arguing about? You are really trolling this thread.

The thread is about the quickest production car. The Demon is competing as produced. It is fair per what they are comparing. Doesn't matter if it comes with non-street legal tires or if it is 1000 lbs lighter then competitors. It is the quickest production car.

The whole point is...it is not.,,even though there are huge differences. It may be the fastest 1/4 mile car ... and ill go with that. The WHOLE POINT is they claim its the fastest 0-60 time...NOT the fastest car. AGAIN it is NOT...its equal at best. How about a Nascar Cup car...they are as much of a production car as the Demon. All are exactly the same, and manufactured by the hundreds every year. For all intent and purpose except for seat and paint job, they are the same. Even the different 'brands' all fit the same templates and specs within hundredths of an inch. They can exceed 230 mph, and Ive seen no top speed for the Demon...but taking a guess its not near 230 mph...so would that make a Cup car the fastest production car ? Another wild guess since the Demon is supposedly designed to be a drag car, the gearing is probably such for low end over top speed. Ill guess it can barely do 160 flat out. That would put it wayyyyyyyyy down the totem on top speed cars. Demon dont even make top 40.

http://www.ideahacks.com/fa...t-cars-in-the-world/

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock