Started on: 04-01-2017 11:09 AM
Replies: 116 (968 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 06-16-2017 06:49 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I know there's another thread related to this, but it has "Facebookers" in the title, and I later discovered that you don't need to be a Facebook member in order to vote.

My son is a finalist in a Maker contest, would you mind voting for him? We don't need the most votes, as there are 52 finalists and 25 winners from that pool. There are folks that have many more, but if we get even one or two surges of votes, it would be super helpful.

You can vote once per day (for the next month), but if you could even just vote for him ONE time, we would REALLY appreciate it!

To vote, go here:
http://www.infymakers.com/finalists2017/

Then search for "Volt"

You can vote with a facebook account, or create a quickie account that is just used for voting. It literally takes two minutes to create the account. And then click vote, and then go into your email account and verify the account.

If you can share this with your facebook (and other friends on other forums or other places), that would be very seriously helpful as well.

Please vote at least once, and share this with at least one other person.

I hate this sort of judging (it is easy to cheat, and it doesn't reveal who has the best entry, It shows who has the best social media circles.) but the voting is only 20% of the determining factor on who wins.

Being one of the winners of this contest would be a life changing event. Being a finalist is already a great thing(52 finalists out of thousands of contestants), but being among the winners is tremendously important. It's tied into so many other things. I'd be happy to PM you the larger story of why this contest is so important for my son, but please, take a few moments and vote at least one time. And spread the word.

Thanks so much!

-TDA
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-01-2017 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dunno, man..you ARE kinda slow at getting Volt rigged to do beer, smokes, coffee and weapons procurement runs. Seems that AI isnt all that I

done.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your well wishes and your votes.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just voted. I wish the interface had given me more assurance that I voted for "Volt, robot companion" and not some other contestant, but I probably got it right.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-01-2017).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-01-2017 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Volt is on page 4, but how do I vote.. I click the "vote" button under it and it doesn't do anything..
Click in the name of the project and it goes to a blank screen with just the info systems foundation usa logo box in blue and orange..

edit.. voted.. now at 63 votes

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 04-01-2017).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-01-2017 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, Todd...had to man

Ya know im teasing, right..I mean, its not like I have to train Volt to go to the bar with me or anything, RIGHT ?

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*Saturday morning bump*
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

*Saturday morning bump*

Check your calender boss

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 04-02-2017).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WAHOO! It's Saturday again!!!

I don't like the social media tie in, but from their perspective it is a bump to their views.

It also shows which inventor has "pull" in the social networks world and is more likely to succeed.

Brad
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Check your calender boss

Ha-ha! Just wanted to make sure you were paying attention and you won! To collect your prize, simply click on the link in the first message up at there...
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2017 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ben 24 hours and won't let me revote.. I'll try again later.

your up to 74 now
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

ben 24 hours and won't let me revote.. I'll try again later.

your up to 74 now

Thanks, their voting system is a little flakey.

Thank you for your time and effort to vote.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been able to vote twice now. I'll keep trying as often as I can.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

I've been able to vote twice now. I'll keep trying as often as I can.

Thank you- I don't want to say that there is a lot riding on this contest, but there is.
If there was only one winner, I'd be more nonchalant about it, but he's got roughly a 50/50 shot of being among the winners. And this will greatly impact several upcoming things.
So understand why I keep saying "Thank you". You are taking a few moments to seriously help out someone else.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2017 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
at 80 now..
added a few other emails..
how many more days?
should we summons the power of the bullet.. yellow bullet that is
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

at 80 now..
added a few other emails..
how many more days?
should we summons the power of the bullet.. yellow bullet that is

Thanks for your vote. The contest ends April 24-25. Wish it was only a week or so...

Not sure what the "yellow bullet" is.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2017 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for your vote. The contest ends April 24-25. Wish it was only a week or so...

Not sure what the "yellow bullet" is.

People here would shat at what goes on there...
It's a car racing forum..
their tag line..

Totally O/T anti got nothing..
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One more bump for the evening folks, did you feel it?
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK. I logged in, voted, it clicked "vote" instead of cancel.

The number of votes didn't go up...

I was excited because I was going to be number 90.... Still at 89.

Something is broke.

Brad
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Voted, and will continue to vote as long as I keep seeing this thread.
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They SERIOUSLY need to get their act together.

Please keep trying at least once a day.

Thank you!
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went from 90 to 91 for me just now. I hope it all helps in the end .
Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2017 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ding 93
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2017 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Keel:

ding 93

Thanks folks!
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2017 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2017 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you!
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2017 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any have more or close?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2017 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any have more or close?

Last time I checked, 30 were far behind (less than half the votes we have), 10 were way ahead( had double our votes) and the rest were closely ahead or behind.

We definitely have a shot at this, if we keep up the votes.
There's more to it than just votes, but this is the one aspect we have any degree of control over, so I'm trying to make the most out of it...
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2017 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Last time I checked, 30 were far behind (less than half the votes we have), 10 were way ahead( had double our votes) and the rest were closely ahead or behind.

We definitely have a shot at this, if we keep up the votes.
There's more to it than just votes, but this is the one aspect we have any degree of control over, so I'm trying to make the most out of it...

Do they track repeat voters # over the single vote #

like 2 have 100 votes, but one has 90 different voters over the other that had 15 voters that just voted daily..
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2017 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do they track repeat voters # over the single vote #

like 2 have 100 votes, but one has 90 different voters over the other that had 15 voters that just voted daily..

They supposedly accept one vote per day (per account/IP, I believe) I do NOT want to "Cheat", just want to get a decent , honest number of votes.

98, can we get 100 by lunch?
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2017 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "vote" button doesnt work, I just hit it like 9 times to try to be #99, and all it does is nothing.

Not your fault, dude, but that site should get its act together. They really need an IT guy to go in there and fix stuff. Any ideas ?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2017 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

The "vote" button doesnt work, I just hit it like 9 times to try to be #99, and all it does is nothing.

Not your fault, dude, but that site should get its act together. They really need an IT guy to go in there and fix stuff. Any ideas ?

I know, it's really frustrating.

Thank you for trying!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2017 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12447 posts
Member since Jan 2012
I *think* it's working again...
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2017 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it was at 106 before I voted, and it is still at 106

Something isn't working
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2017 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I *think* it's working again...

nope
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2017 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems it sometimes takes a moment or two to register a vote (when it's working)

I just hope that this is a system-wide issue, that it is impacting everyone.

Thanks for the morning votes!
Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2017 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are at 109... now.. no idea if my vote got placed or not..
it be nice if after you voted it said thanks for your vote.. or at least refreshed the page so you see the number change..
This is a tech.. page.. this should not be an issue
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2017 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Keel:

You are at 109... now.. no idea if my vote got placed or not..
it be nice if after you voted it said thanks for your vote.. or at least refreshed the page so you see the number change..
This is a tech.. page.. this should not be an issue

It SHOULD say that (you need to click a green button) - are you using a wise account or a facebook one?

If you created a wise account, you need to confirm your email address before your vote counts.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2017 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It SHOULD say that (you need to click a green button) - are you using a wise account or a facebook one?

If you created a wise account, you need to confirm your email address before your vote counts.

Wise account and email confirmed .. all good there
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock