Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  What do you guys think - 2007 Mustang GT convertible (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What do you guys think - 2007 Mustang GT convertible by Jake_Dragon
Started on: 03-26-2017 08:09 PM
Replies: 50 (660 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 03-31-2017 03:02 PM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car has had a lot of work done
Under 46000 miles
Drives great handles like its on rails
342.5 hp 356.5 tq
White with black new convertable top
Interior is tan with black inserts
$12000 in upgrades documented including factory upgrades.

The car is pretty much perfect. Flawless inside and out. The engine could use a good cleaning but it's not dirty, just need some detailing
When I started the car it sounds great started right up But There is always a but isn't there. The amber check engine light stayed on
I noticed during the test drive that the RPMs didn't drop as fast as they should. Apparently that is a common issue with these cars and custom tunes.
It does have an aftermarket chip and is not the stock tune. From what I'm reading this is most likely the cause of the amber light.
They are going to put it in the garage and see what the code is I will go back there Monday after work and see what they say

$17500 asking price have not started negotiating yet
If they cannot provide me a print out of what the code was and what is needed to fix it I will probably walk away
But if they can prove its an issue with the tune and the custom chip I will start my Offer at around $15000 Included trading in my dodge Durango Provided that it can be fixed

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not for me, but at least it isn't a POS GM. I'd sell you a 508HP AMG for that though.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By the looks of it, they still haven't fixed one major flaw with these cars.....the plastic intake manifold. My Mustang had a plastic intake which of course has antifreeze running through it and it cracked within 40,000 miles. They replaced it and it cracked again. Seems to be a flaw with Mustangs from the year 2000 all the way to current production.

Thats the first thing I would check is a possible crack in the manifold causing the amber light.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

By the looks of it, they still haven't fixed one major flaw with these cars.....the plastic intake manifold. My Mustang had a plastic intake which of course has antifreeze running through it and it cracked within 40,000 miles. They replaced it and it cracked again. Seems to be a flaw with Mustangs from the year 2000 all the way to current production.

Thats the first thing I would check is a possible crack in the manifold causing the amber light.

Thank you I'll definitely check that out
I'm not a big fan of the plastic intakes either
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2017 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The plastic intake is a 4.6 thing that is known.

I was huge into Mustangs up until I entered Pennocks. Take a look around the sheet metal in the trunk. Especially along the line the the rear cowl meets the rear fenders. If the car does not have frame ties, the convertibles will have a tendency to show abuse in that area with bent or twisted metal caused by launches.

If you get it, do not drive through a crowd while doing a burnout when leaving a Cars and Coffee.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

The plastic intake is a 4.6 thing that is known.

I was huge into Mustangs up until I entered Pennocks. Take a look around the sheet metal in the trunk. Especially along the line the the rear cowl meets the rear fenders. If the car does not have frame ties, the convertibles will have a tendency to show abuse in that area with bent or twisted metal caused by launches.

If you get it, do not drive through a crowd while doing a burnout when leaving a Cars and Coffee.

lol
This is a 2007 with an aluminum crossover for the coolant but I will look for cracks
Tires are expensive I like to leave them on the car
It really doesnt start to make power until after 3000 rpm's but once you get it rolling it's a beast
Still not slacking off of the line
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32849 posts
Member since Jan 2001
2007 Ford Mustang 4.6L V8* 342.5 HP & 356.5 FT LBS.
Airaid Race CAI and BAMA X4 Tuner $684.99
Katzkin Suede Seats and Door Panel Inserts costed $2,814*
New Convertible Top $1605*
Eibach Anti-Roll Sway Bar Kit $329*
Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace $183*
Lowering Kit $628*
Stripe Kit & Caliper Painting $1,359*
Panard Bar - Cold Air Intake - 3.73 Rear Axle Performance Upgrade $1460*
Performance Chip $1,200
Painted Performance Calipers $1,359*
Upgraded Front & Rear Sway Bars $173*
New Battery and Connectors $158*
Raxiom Retro Headlights $324*
All Raxiom Smoked Tail lamps $252*
Roush Extreme Performance Cat Back Exhaust*
Hood Scoop $219*

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 03-26-2017).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bad O2 sensor.
Going back after work to talk to the manager and see what kind of deal we can get.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-27-2017 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Bad O2 sensor.
Going back after work to talk to the manager and see what kind of deal we can get.

Which can be found online cheaper that the local parts store BTW. Just another common issue.

NOT knocking these cars. Just a few things that have popped up in forums or otherwise. It really sounds like a fun Mustang.
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-27-2017 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do us guys think?

I think I'll be a nice guy and let you give it to me.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems a bit high priced to me. My 08 Bullitt coupe was not much more than that brand new. Had the 4.6 with hp cams and long tube headers (add ons). With all those mods, id be afraid it was 'hot rodded' too. I prefer buying cars with only factory or dealer installed parts, but thats me. I dont believe in paying premium for someone elses parts choices. I never get paid back for those kind of mods when I sell mine. Black is the ONLY choice for convertible tops...all others get filthy and cant be kept clean, so good choice there. Especially for a convertible, I like a color with some flash myself...not white. I thought the best looking Mustangs were the emerald green with tan interiors. All just my opinions, you know if you like it and willing to pay that.
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://youtu.be/uawbiPpLLsU

Everything you need to know ------

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

https://youtu.be/uawbiPpLLsU

Everything you need to know ------

3 of those were other peoples fault
But yes I know exactly what you mean and I don't drive like that
I like to keep my rubber on the tires and my tires firmly planted to the ground
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32849 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Seems a bit high priced to me. My 08 Bullitt coupe was not much more than that brand new. Had the 4.6 with hp cams and long tube headers (add ons). With all those mods, id be afraid it was 'hot rodded' too. I prefer buying cars with only factory or dealer installed parts, but thats me. I dont believe in paying premium for someone elses parts choices. I never get paid back for those kind of mods when I sell mine. Black is the ONLY choice for convertible tops...all others get filthy and cant be kept clean, so good choice there. Especially for a convertible, I like a color with some flash myself...not white. I thought the best looking Mustangs were the emerald green with tan interiors. All just my opinions, you know if you like it and willing to pay that.

Thanks Roger I understand
The car is $2000 above what they would normally go for but for the work and the shape it's in it is worth it
As for the color I love white cars with black accents so it's perfect
Throwing a one year warranty 12,000 miles It's something I can drive and enjoy
It's not something I'm planning on beating on if I get it
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32849 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

What do us guys think?

I think I'll be a nice guy and let you give it to me.

Okay but shipping is gonna kill you I'm thinking about $50,000
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a lot of power for that engine? Seems expensive and 11 years old. Mileage is good though.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Is that a lot of power for that engine? Seems expensive and 11 years old. Mileage is good though.

It's definitely more than stock but it's not outrageous for the street
LOL my other cars 30 years old
It's very clean that's for sure
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jake, nice looking stang.

No matter how good she looks, someone, somewhere, is tired of her zhit.

Ruck you, that's why.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's definitely more than stock but it's not outrageous for the street
LOL my other cars 30 years old
It's very clean that's for sure

Yeah. My Fiero dyno'd with that kind of power. I guess I thought they came stock with those numbers.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Jake, nice looking stang.

No matter how good she looks, someone, somewhere, is tired of her zhit.

Ruck you, that's why.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2017 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The car is $2000 above what they would normally go for but for the work and the shape it's in it is worth it

Convertibles are always priced higher in the Spring and Summer.
As I heard on that Texas Hot Rod show (don't recall the actual name at this moment), concerning ragtops: "As the top comes down, the price goes up."

Always wanted a rag top, never had room in the budget for one. I'm not necessarily a Mustang fan but, it looks like a fun car.
If it's what you want and can afford it, go for it. It's just money.................

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

If you wish to upset a Conservative, lie to him.
If you wish to upset a Liberal, tell him the truth.

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2017 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

yea, thats what I thought too. Most cars seem to lose 50% or more of the value after 10 years. I dont see that car having sold for $40,000 new...just guessing msrp was a bit over $30k. Miles is great, but I never bother looking at miles. Ive bought plenty of cars without ever even looking at odometers. I look at the care, exterior and interior to base my opinion. Ive bought cars with 150k on them that were much better than cars ive seen with 40k. Speed equipment like a 'tuner' dont add value as a general rule...in fact to me and lots of others thats a devalue. Id say, for me, a decent price would be $13-$15K. New top and low miles would make it near the top, add ons nearer the bottom.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 03-28-2017).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2017 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

yea, thats what I thought too. Most cars seem to lose 50% or more of the value after 10 years. I dont see that car having sold for $40,000 new...just guessing msrp was a bit over $30k. Miles is great, but I never bother looking at miles. Ive bought plenty of cars without ever even looking at odometers. I look at the care, exterior and interior to base my opinion. Ive bought cars with 150k on them that were much better than cars ive seen with 40k. Speed equipment like a 'tuner' dont add value as a general rule...in fact to me and lots of others thats a devalue. Id say, for me, a decent price would be $13-$15K. New top and low miles would make it near the top, add ons nearer the bottom.

I have a hard time justifying even that much for an 11 year old Mustang. That can buy a lot of good fast goodies. I'm not too interested in people's mods either. Make me nervous, especially when they do them. I'm also not a soft to fan. I also like 4 doors. Only 2 vehicles I buy don't have a backseat. Wish Ford would make something like that in the Corvette price range.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2017 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go price a new one 17k is about 7 k to much..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 03-28-2017).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2017 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Go price a new one 17k is about 7 k to much..

Cant afford a new one. If I could I would be driving one home instead.
I have been looking for the past 6 months.
So far the cars in the $10000 range are beat up POS with high miles or they are gutless V6 cars.
I would have rather had a nice Vette but life changes and I need a back seat "even if it is small"

You think Mustangs are over priced go look for a good Camaro talk about over priced.
I wanted something newer but still not brand new. Something that has hopefully had the bugs worked out of it.

KBB and a few other sites put this about $2000 over retail for North east Indiana cars in the same condition without the upgrades.
Add new top, suspension and drive train work along with the interior upgrades from the factory and it pushes the price up

We will see
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2017 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On a new one you can get better and longer financing. Payment on a new one could easily be less than the used one. Id really start like he said with an offer of $10-$11k and go from there if you really want it. Even if you get a warranty, is it going to cover all the add ons. Some things will even void a factory warranty. You dont want to buy with the security of their warranty, have the engine blow up next week and they say its not covered because of the 'tuner'. In most case ive seen they write warranties with as many loopholes to get out of paying that they can.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2017 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see a " Fiero gone, better car acquired" thread coming up.

Mustang's aren't bad cars.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2017 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would say... AWESOME; however, the fact that the new Mustang body style is so awesome looking, I really just can't look at any Mustang from 1994-2014. Seriously... two decades of Mustangs basically disappear for me now...
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2017 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cant afford a new one. If I could I would be driving one home instead.
I have been looking for the past 6 months.
So far the cars in the $10000 range are beat up POS with high miles or they are gutless V6 cars.
I would have rather had a nice Vette but life changes and I need a back seat "even if it is small"

You think Mustangs are over priced go look for a good Camaro talk about over priced.
I wanted something newer but still not brand new. Something that has hopefully had the bugs worked out of it.

KBB and a few other sites put this about $2000 over retail for North east Indiana cars in the same condition without the upgrades.
Add new top, suspension and drive train work along with the interior upgrades from the factory and it pushes the price up

We will see

A mod'd car is nada low retail.. as it's most likely got no paperwork for what was done and when.. part #. and such, so when you need to repair you are sol.

no thanks puff puff pass. only way I'd touch that is if they have a note book with all the receipts and part # of all the mods and such..
And it isn't worth 17k it isn't worth 15k .. that is a 10-11k car..
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2017 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Lowering Kit $628*
Performance Chip $1,200
Hood Scoop $219*

under 46k miles but needed a new top and seat covers.. ok sure..
performance chip..BAHAHAHA IN A FLASH ECU.. it list a tuner.. and a "chip"

CLAPER PAINTING LISTED TWICE..
anti roll bar/sway bar listed twice
smoked (illegal) tail lights,
most likely illegal head lights (off road use only)
cold air intake listed twice..

Good luck..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 03-29-2017).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2017 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good luck..

Jake is not an idiot. You really could have left it at that. But nooooooo, have to be an azzhole all of the time.
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

under 46k miles but needed a new top and seat covers.. ok sure..
performance chip..BAHAHAHA IN A FLASH ECU.. it list a tuner.. and a "chip"

CLAPER PAINTING LISTED TWICE..
anti roll bar/sway bar listed twice
smoked (illegal) tail lights,
most likely illegal head lights (off road use only)
cold air intake listed twice..

Good luck..

Paper work for everything listed.
this isnt all of the upgrades

last reply to you give it a rest
Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd shy away for a few reasons:

Seller's asking price is too high

Ford has been cheaping out over the past 20 years, and they've gotten especially bad in the past 10. They continue to use plastic pieces in inappropriate places. For example, a few years back they were having issues with the transmission grenading, as well as shifting problems. Turns out one of the problems was they replaced previous metal pieces with plastic and the parts were cracking/breaking.

Ford has a terrible history of not owning up to their mistakes and blaming their customers when things go wrong.

I've owned a Fiesta ST recently, traded it in within a year. I will never buy another Ford. It was a rattle bucket that shifted like a turd.

The 3.8 v6 head gasket fiasco of the 90s

The GT transmission fiasco of the early-mid 2010s

The current powershift transmission and Ford refusing to address the problems, even after a class action lawsuit.

Just don't have that much love for Ford anymore.
Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2017 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake is not an idiot.

He might not be an idiot.. but the list E. quoted does list a bunch of mod's twice and list a tuner, and that it's been chipped with a price beside both, Vehicles haven't been "CHIPPED" in 20+ years..
tuned with a tuner, yup and that was listed at 600.00+ but chipped..

I read the same post of Jakes and only see a guy trying to talk himself into the mustang being worth the price as he likes it..
But I see a list of parts, with cost with much of them listed 2 times..

He clearly likes it, why he need "our" approval.. Why bash a member for pointing out honest problems he see's..

[This message has been edited by Keel (edited 03-30-2017).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2017 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Paper work for everything listed.
this isnt all of the upgrades

last reply to you give it a rest

let me help you, with putting letters beside mods,upgrades listed not once but twice with cost listed beside them both times.. and some with different cost numbers..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lowering Kit $628*

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Performance Chip $1,200
no such animal in 25+ years

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Are these d.o.t. approved or will they fail inspection and get you not only ticketed but towed and impounded..

Hood Scoop $219*

you typed up that list to tell yourself it is worth the way over book asking price.. I get it , you like the car.. so buy it.. Why you need our approval, and post a thread about it, and then when you don't get the reply you want.. get bent..
I'm not telling you not to buy it.. THAT'S all you.. I'm telling you why it's not worth 17k or even the high retail you think it is worth.. of 15k..

Ask yourself.. why an under 46k mile car needs a new top and seat covers.. First thing that comes into my head is it was a recovered theft .. So the cost of the new top and seat covers are moot.. as the insurance paid for it..
When My car was recovered, I was allowed to pay the difference if any on parts I'd rather over the stockers.. I.E. if they slashed the seats.. I could have leather put on, instead of the cloth and pay the difference.
I'd go see if this vehicle is a recovered theft..
You can do as you pleaces with my thoughts on this .. blow um off, or take a hard look.. your choice.. no skin off my back..
The fact that you need to post it here instead of just pulling the trigger, tells me you need either others to stroke your ego for the car.. or your honestly not sure it's worth it..
I have my opinion on what one it is as your comments to my other post clearly show it.
again.
good luck

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 03-30-2017).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2017 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Jake is not an idiot. You really could have left it at that. But nooooooo, have to be an azzhole all of the time.

Tony. I don't see in my post, calling him an idiot..
I did point out the double listings and the double listings of cost of the mod's..
and that you can't "chip" a 2007 mustang..

I did wish him good luck..

Why,, in a thread of "what do you think" am I getting hammered on posting issues with the price of this, and when he post, a list to try to justify the higher price.. pick out the upgrades listed twice with cost listed twice many times with different cost..
and pointing out that it can not be chipped so , that and the listing of a cost to have had it done.. = big red flag..
This isn't a fox body mustang that you chippec the ecu.. or an 3rd gen f-body..
They have flash , no chip's to take out and replace, change, 'Cus if that was the case there be no reason for that 600+ "tuner"BAMA X4 Tuner $684.99

His comment back at my post, tells me he has zero interest on hearing anyone's input .. on the vehicle.. other than. "man, go for it.. "

The title should be, I'm buying a mustang "stroke me"
Now everybody
Have you heard
If you're in the game
Then the stroke's the word
Don't take no rhythm
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin'
Grab your vial and

Put your right hand out
Give a firm handshake
Talk to me about that one big break
Spread your Ear Pollution
Both far and wide
Keep your contributions
By your side and

Stroke me, stroke me
Could be a winner boy you move mighty well
Stroke me, stroke me
(Stroke)
Stroke me, stroke me
You got your number down
Stroke me, stroke me
Say you're a winner but man
You're just a sinner now

Put your left foot out
Keep it all in place
Work your way
Right into my face
First you try to bet me
You make my backbone slide
When you find you've bent me
Slip on by and

Stroke me, stroke me
Give me the reason this is all night long
Stroke me, stroke me
(Stroke)
Stroke me, stroke me
Get yourself together boy
Stroke me, stroke me
You're just a sinner now
(Stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke)

Better listen now
Said it ain't no joke
Don't let your conscience fail ya'
Just do the stroke
Don't ya' take no chances
Keep your eye on top
Do your fancy dances
You can't stop you just

Stroke me, stroke me
(Stroke, stroke)
Stroke me, stroke me
(Stroke, stroke)
Stroke me, stroke me
(Stroke, stroke)
Stroke me, stroke me
(Stroke)
Stroke me, stroke me
(Stroke)
Stroke me, stroke me
(Stroke)
Stroke me, stroke me
(Stroke)
Stroke me, stroke me
You're just a sinner now

and no it's not about strok'n ones ____________

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 03-30-2017).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony. I don't see in my post, calling him an idiot..

http://www.americanmuscle.c...o-kits.html#shop-by1

There are a couple upgrades that were duplicated on the paper work because they were replaced by better options later down the road
An earlier upgraded cold air intake was replaced with a better one yes it's listed because it was all done at the same time as some other upgrades

The interior upgrades were done from the factory when the car was new not covers
There was an initial brake upgrade that included new rotors then later the calipers were replaced with larger ones

The exhaust system was replaced from the heads back to the back of the car
I don't have receipts for the long tube headers
I don't have receipts for the upgraded throttlebody

You protest too much lol You kind of act like I'm asking you for a loan or perhaps you just got a thing about mustangs that you don't like I don't know I'm done

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 03-30-2017).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I would hold out for a 5.0 Coyote. (2011 or later.) But that's just me. They make 400+, right out of the box, in the Mustang. ("Only" 385 in the F150.)

The "bad O2"? Has the cat been removed? If it has, it will cause an "catalyst efficiency" code to throw. Lots of people blame that on the secondary (post cat) O2 sensor. Be careful. (Speaking generally, here. Not Mustang specific.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-30-2017).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Personally, I would hold out for a 5.0 Coyote. (2011 or later.) But that's just me. They make 400+, right out of the box, in the Mustang. ("Only" 385 in the F150.)

The "bad O2"? Has the cat been removed? If it has, it will cause an "catalyst efficiency" code to throw. Lots of people blame that on the secondary (post cat) O2 sensor. Be careful. (Speaking generally, here. Not Mustang specific.)

Nope still has the cat just a bad part

I have been looking for a while for something different
The Fiero's gonna need work and I don't have a place to do it so I needed a good car
With a few exceptions most of the used cars have been junk this is the first really nice car that's in my price range
Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2017 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.americanmuscle.c...o-kits.html#shop-by1

There are a couple upgrades that were duplicated on the paper work because they were replaced by better options later down the road
An earlier upgraded cold air intake was replaced with a better one yes it's listed because it was all done at the same time as some other upgrades

The interior upgrades were done from the factory when the car was new not covers
There was an initial brake upgrade that included new rotors then later the calipers were replaced with larger ones

The exhaust system was replaced from the heads back to the back of the car
I don't have receipts for the long tube headers
I don't have receipts for the upgraded throttlebody

You protest too much lol You kind of act like I'm asking you for a loan or perhaps you just got a thing about mustangs that you don't like I don't know I'm done

The exhaust was replaced because the stock stuff was 10 years old.. that is normal wear item.. oh boy they put on headers after the studs to the headpipe to exhaust manifolds snapped..
Again tell me how they chipped this car and it cost 1200.00 bucks.. ?
good luck, just buy the thing.. you've already talked yourself into it.. just pull the trigger already
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock