Started on: 03-23-2017 08:57 AM
Replies: 14 (368 views)
Last post by: RWDPLZ on 03-26-2017 01:15 PM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2017 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always watched this show. Edd is one of my favorite car enthusiasts. Thanks for the shows!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anxious to see what Ed gets into next.

He was the main reason I enjoyed the show. He always made even the most complex jobs seems "simple".

Master of understatement, mechanic extraordinaire, and always the "English gentleman".

HAGO!
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only thing constant is change.

I too will be following Ed in his automotive adventures.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well poop! I hate to see him go, but I agree with him 100% that it's showing the details of the repairs that makes the show what it is. Producers want to minimize this minutiae to save a buck, but reducing that to an afterthought would water down the quality of the show. So kudos to Edd for not wanting any part of that.

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 03-23-2017).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good on him.
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed, good on him. So many Velocity shows are nothing more than infomercials that I am turning away more and more. It was nice to see a show where they did actual repairs.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edd was one of the main reasons I watched Wheeler Dealers. I look forward to seeing what his next adventures are.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He could go on TLC and start "Little People, Big Mechanic."

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you chaps get "car SOS"? Less bodgey than this show and they restore for the owners rather than waffle on about a fictional profit!

Bye Ed----- please take Mike with you. :-D
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PK

1249 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Do you chaps get "car SOS"? Less bodgey than this show and they restore for the owners rather than waffle on about a fictional profit!

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I liked the show, but during their Mustang episode I noticed that the hubs had four lugs on them, but it was supposed to be an original GT....

It looked almost like they weren't working on the car that they bought to restore.

Brad
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't blame Edd at all...

I'm 100% pro-capitalist... but you only need look at Myspace, Sears, Radio Shack, and other great icons that have failed, to prove that if you aren't willing to make change (or NOT change) for the good of the brand, be prepared to fall, and fall hard.

I'd suspect Wheeler Dealers will not do as well, and quite frankly... just like Crockett and Tubbs, those two in Wheeler Dealers were part of what made the show.

A shame to see them go.

Don't be shocked to see him show up on another huge TV show... maybe on Amazon TV?
Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PK:

I don't think we get this show on this side of the pond. Might be available on the satellite dish, on the BBC-Canada channel, along with the new Top Gear episodes, but I don't have it in my channel package.

We do get "Ultimate Wheels" with Elo and Will Trickett, and sometimes "Fifth Gear".

Discovery's "Velocity" channel has a simular show called "Rusted Development" with World Wrestling Entertainment star Chuck Polombo, and car customizer Rick Dore, that goes looking for people who hopelessly hoard cars and never do anything with them. They offer to get rid of all the hoard, and give the hoarder back, on fully customized and finished collector vehicle they can be proud of in return, as a business model.

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6 Muncie 4 speed.
a.k.a "The Rumble Seat"

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ed has put a big spotlight on what I've had a problem with for a while now, for a large number of the shows the content has shifted away from the details of the build and onto "personalities", the trend started with American hot rod and American Chopper. (both from the Discovery juggernaut...)

I too look forward to Edd's next work.

Cheers Beers n Gearz, Joe
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Ed has put a big spotlight on what I've had a problem with for a while now, for a large number of the shows the content has shifted away from the details of the build and onto "personalities", the trend started with American hot rod and American Chopper. (both from the Discovery juggernaut...)

I too look forward to Edd's next work.

Cheers Beers n Gearz, Joe

Yes, they're basically big commercials now, with some slightly interesting content. Back in the 90's they actually showed you how to do stuff, like replace a camshaft, or how to use a torque wrench. Now they pull a part out of a box, the camera changes position, and the part is on the car. Then they cut to a 2 minute infomercial for the sponsored product of the week, then a commercial break.

Wheeler Dealers actually showed you how to do things like those older shows, and since it was an hour long, in even more depth and detail. Hopefully Edd comes out the better for it. Mike knows he has no discernible skills aside from being a TV personality and a used car salesman, so no surprise he's staying on.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock