Interesting, digital target shooting in home by 2.5
Started on: 03-22-2017 03:35 PM
Replies: 14 (194 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 03-27-2017 02:23 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2017 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At 6 minutes they talk about it. Sure there is no recoil but could be good for trigger control practice and drills.

6:00
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2017 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haha, how not to use it

MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2017 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like it could be a lot of money for the same thing I do with a $25 bb pistol.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw a Glock type trainer on the local Armslist last night ($250). It provides a red laser when aiming at the target and then a green laser when the trigger is pulled. I guess that you need to see if your point of aim changes as you pull a trigger. BTW, you do not have to recock the device after pulling the trigger.

Nelson
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Technology like this is cool, but nothing replaces the real thing.

What makes firing a real gun, a powder-burner, is the recoil and loud bang.
That is exactly what you need the training and practice for.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

Technology like this is cool, but nothing replaces the real thing.

What makes firing a real gun, a powder-burner, is the recoil and loud bang.
That is exactly what you need the training and practice for.

I agree but this could help people who inadvertently move the gun with trigger pull and rarely get a chance to get to a range. One of the tricks to test people on that is to place a snapcap in a mag and when they get to it while shooting see if they flinch of more the gun on trigger pull. More of a beginner issue or new gun or new trigger issue.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-24-2017).]

RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree to a point.

But honestly, purchasing a firearm is a big deal. So included in the purchase you really need to have a place, whether your backyard or a range to practice.

Luckily, I was raised around firearms, but not everyone ones.

People can wrongly believe that something like this is a replacement for real range time.

I suggested to a friend to go the BB gun route in the basement. He actually enjoys that more than his powder-burner.

Can shoot anytime and its much less expensive.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2017 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree to a point.

But honestly, purchasing a firearm is a big deal. So included in the purchase you really need to have a place, whether your backyard or a range to practice.

People can wrongly believe that something like this is a replacement for real range time.

I suggested to a friend to go the BB gun route in the basement. He actually enjoys that more than his powder-burner.

I've been saying that for ages..

In this part of Canada we are just too densly populated for anything besides shotguns. In 6+ years of owning it, I think I took my Mosin out 4 times. The. 22s werent much better.

For dirt cheap target plinking or light pest control a. 22 or. 25 airgun works fine, bb for pistols... And if ya want to hunt get a bow or crossbow.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a novice real gun shooter- I have shot pellet guns for years. They are no replacement for real gun target practice though. My first real pistol was a 1911, I sucked with it, but only get limited time to shoot it. I bought a nice co2 pellet pistol that is weighted and designed as the 1911. I am near 100% accurate with it compared to 20% with the real deal
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2017 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get a pellet/bb pistol with blowback.

If its accurately designed and weighted then the mass of the slide moving makes a huge difference over one that doesn't.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was an option, but it uses so much more co2
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

haha, how not to use it

"Anything Mac, I'd prolly shoot at this point."

lmao.

Brad
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the city here they use the holidays, specifically July 4th, to do some target practice. Or, more recently anytime after 2am.

Yeah, I do stand behind my statement --- if you are serious about self-defense you want to be sure about the weapon you are using. The only way to do that is to practice with the real thing.

Just for fodder, I loath the 9mm for anything just target practice every since I purchased a 10mm. It's making a come back, and NO it's not "just like the 40cal". 10mm is awesome and if you train properly with it nothing comes close to it!! I highly recommend you give it a try. Little more powerful than a 357 mag.

The nine is just inadequate.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree to a point.

I guess I see practiving with a BB gun as not any better. Since its a different gun.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

The nine is just inadequate.

We all got opinions.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave