Started on: 03-21-2017 07:08 AM
Replies: 29 (374 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 03-25-2017 04:32 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this one is a bit "out there" but, I came across an opportunity that I thought I would share.

First let me say, I am not really interested in transporting these but, would gladly quote you a price though, I do not consider my rig as an ideal option. I am weight limited. Won't put over 6 tons on my trailer. While I would, can and could, I don't view my equipment as the best way to do this. I don't want to put that much weight on my rig and the weight limit would limit me, the most I would load would significantly limit the value of such a venture. I don't think it would be worth it to the person buying these. Regardless, here is what I have an opportunity to get.

800 rail road ties, I presume they are treated for preservation but, I don't know with what. In excellent condition. 10 and 12 foot lengths. Estimated to weigh 400 lbs. each. $3.00 each. They are located on the east coast, near Philly, PA. You now know what I know about them. I don't personally want any nor am I seeking to transport them but, am also willing to get involved but transporting isn't free.

I would recommend buying a semi load if one is interested in order to keep the transport fees as low as possible per tie. What you do with them is up to you.
I am not involved in making a dime off of this.   I'll be happy to put you in touch with the seller.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

If you wish to upset a Conservative, lie to him.
If you wish to upset a Liberal, tell him the truth.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-21-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FORT!

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

FORT!

An excellent suggestion. Better get a crane for lifting these puppies though.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …

newf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish there was free shipping on those, I need to build some retaining walls.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Walls, did someone say walls?

Isn't that racist?

Ron, you really do lead an interesting life.

I mean who the hell has a "connection" for 160 TONS of railroad ties?????????
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
I'll be happy to put you in touch with the seller.

Send me the contact info, please.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Send me the contact info, please.

Cliff,
Enjoyed our conversation, keep me in the loop on this if you decide to move forward.

Ron

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31841 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Ron, you really do lead an interesting life.

I mean who the hell has a "connection" for 160 TONS of railroad ties?????????

Hey, if you're interested, I can set you up with a feller who wants his cars and trucks transported or driven from the Miami area up to the New York City area. Good money, the only caveat is, you can not look in the back......................................

He's asked me twice to haul vehicles for him. Told him, I stop at every inspection station the last time we spoke. Doesn't seem to be interested now. Be happy to pass his number to you.

------------------
Ron

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kind offer there Ron but I'll have to pass. Don't want to spend my last 20 years in a cell with Bubba.

But it does remind me that my handicapped wife and I used to joke that we'd be the perfect drug mules.

A middle aged white couple in a wheelchair equipped minivan.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
400 lb railroad ties?
That's about 4x what a regular 8 1/2-9' long RR tie weighs.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

400 lb railroad ties?

800 rail road ties, I presume they are treated for preservation but, I don't know with what. In excellent condition. 10 and 12 foot lengths. Estimated to weigh 400 lbs. each. $3.00 each. They are located on the east coast, near Philly, PA. You now know what I know about them.

I guess that I should have said, you now know what I was told about them.

Don,
Feel free to post that pic I just sent to you via text of that pile of ties. Should lightening strike that pile, it's gonna be one hot fire.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-21-2017).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, I have no easy way to transfer pics from my 'non-smart' phone to my laptop. (I no longer do email)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-21-2017).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunately, I have no easy way to transfer pics from my 'non-smart' phone to my laptop. (I no longer do email)

Just an idea, but most phone chargers are usb based and can be used to transfer pics from your phone to your laptop
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

400 lb railroad ties?

Just say'in ... I have manhandled some railroad ties not too long ago. Had to get help. I would say better than 200lbs.

Sheesh, I can carry a 100lb sack of gel.

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Just say'in ... I have manhandled some railroad ties not too long ago. Had to get help. I would say better than 200lbs.

Sheesh, I can carry a 100lb sack of gel.

Depends on if they are fresh are not. Old, kind of rotted ones can get kind of light. Fresh, oily ones can weigh a lot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm told these ties are less than three years old but, I can't guarantee that.

One would need to buy a bunch of them to make it worthwhile as that applies to getting the transported to you. They may be priced to sell but, getting them to you won't be cheap.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-22-2017).]

spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A neighbor told me a story of a millionaire in California who made his fortune by buying a bunch of railroad ties.
Seem that unknown to anyone, the ties were all redwood.

The story I think was a cover for how that person really made his money.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Ohh, I like that!!!! Where can I get that? I like trains!!!!!

------------------
Ron

The next thing you know, they'll be using motorized vehicles to mow down pedestrians. Wait, that's already happening. OK, ban vehicles......

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

https://www.cyberoptix.com/...ev?variant=946223795

Hand made in the USA!

https://www.cyberoptix.com/pages/about-us

Interesting, thanks. BTW, check your PMs

------------------
Ron

The next thing you know, they'll be using motorized vehicles to mow down pedestrians. Wait, that's already happening. OK, ban vehicles......

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, if you're interested, I can set you up with a feller who wants his cars and trucks transported or driven from the Miami area up to the New York City area. Good money, the only caveat is, you can not look in the back......................................

He's asked me twice to haul vehicles for him. Told him, I stop at every inspection station the last time we spoke. Doesn't seem to be interested now. Be happy to pass his number to you.

I'm not sure how to take this. I'm looking to setup loads, but I'm only on the up and up.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I'm not sure how to take this. I'm looking to setup loads, but I'm only on the up and up.

You should take it precisely how it was posted. I had an individual contact me twice about transporting or driving some of his vehicles to the NY area from Miami but, he stated that I was not allowed to get into his vehicles if I transported them, his "drivers" would load and unload. If I was willing to drive one, then it would be a vehicle that the rear was enclosed and lock. He said that I would not have access to the back of the vehicle.

He spoke in a circular manner and never did tell me exactly what kind of vehicle he wanted transported. That's what I get for advertising on Craigslist. No, I don't want to meet Ray's buddy Bubba.

------------------
Ron

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You should take it precisely how it was posted. I had an individual contact me twice about transporting or driving some of his vehicles to the NY area from Miami but, he stated that I was not allowed to get into his vehicles if I transported them, his "drivers" would load and unload. If I was willing to drive one, then it would be a vehicle that the rear was enclosed and lock. He said that I would not have access to the back of the vehicle.

He spoke in a circular manner and never did tell me exactly what kind of vehicle he wanted transported. That's what I get for advertising on Craigslist. No, I don't want to meet Ray's buddy Bubba.

Hard pass Ron.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm looking to setup loads, ...

Perhaps I might be able to help. At least try to. There was one time in my life when I met a woman who was a dispatcher, for a trucking company. She never ever did allow me to taste her nectar but she and I are still good friends. She is a rebel, we have that in common. She quit a few jobs but just like a hair stylist, she had developed relationships with actual truckers. She struck out on her own. She does well.

She is just east of Houston, call it Houston. She always tries to give "her" truckers "back loads". She is not just somewhat intimate with truckers, she is also keen on companies which rely on truckers. Which she also has contact, or not, relationships with. I am sure she concentrates on her proven geographical influence, I would think.

What kind of loads can you load out ? To where ? I am telling 'ya, Lorenzo, the oil field will pick back up. Hot Shot business will pick back up. Somewhat local hauls.

Hmm, I haven't talked to Dawn in awhile. Who knows ? I might be able to get her to start a franchise here in Kerrville.

Give me some ammo. If I ask her to call you, she will. PM me your phone # or you can call me at 210 471 1192. I would prefer a call.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 03-23-2017).]

DANGERUS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DANGERUSSend a Private Message to DANGERUSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

FORT!

This looks more like a REALLY dangerous game of Jenga.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DANGERUS:

This looks more like a REALLY dangerous game of Jenga.

Only if you pull one of the main supports out.

------------------
Ron

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7...dc3ho/22333.jpg?dl=0

Photo for Ron.

CliffW, dropping you a PM.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7...dc3ho/22333.jpg?dl=0

Photo for Ron.

CliffW, dropping you a PM.

Lonzo,
Thanks for the assistance.

Now, someone go get those ties.
------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-25-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock